PDA

View Full Version : Looking for princesses dining

ironpig70
04-10-2012, 01:26 AM
DD loves Ariel and wondering what dinning has her??

disneybliss2
04-10-2012, 05:37 AM
We've seen her at Akershus for dinner. She may be at CRT; someone will come along and say if they have seen her there.

2binak
04-10-2012, 09:57 AM
We've seen Ariel at Akershus too. Please be aware though that Disney does not guarantee which princesses will appear at the meals.

This was taken from allears:

Characters will appear on a rotating schedule, that is, there is no guarantee which characters will be appearing on any given day.

"Princesses" who MAY appear include: Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Mulan, and Mary Poppins

ktlm
04-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Ariel (in her ballgown) has been at CRT and Akershus everytime we have eaten at either one since 2008 (which is every trip). I would not make a promise to your DD as they don't "guarantee" any specific princess, but a couple of years ago they pretty much standardized which ones are there and you almost always have the same ones at both restaurants (Belle, Ariel, Cinderella, Snow White, and Aurora). If you get anyone other than those, you are lucky (or unlucky if the one is missing that you really wanted to see ;)). Before they "standardized" it, we had seen Jasmine at CRT, Alice and Mary Poppins at Akershus, Mulan at Akershus, etc. In the last 2 years, we haven't seen any but the standardized 5.

If by some fluke you miss Ariel at whichever Princess meal you choose, you can see her at her meet and greet at MK. She is popular and the lines can get long. She has been meeting with Prince Eric there too, so that is a bonus.

ironpig70
04-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the information about the meet and greet.

We are DL folks and DL has a princess meet and greet. Really nice set up where yo walk through a venue and you can get autographs and pictures with 4 princesses. Then afterwards they have a little party. Well after the party the princesses come out which is not annouced so the majority of the crowd leaves.

DD got to see all the princesses and she loved it and I know when we go to WDW we gotta see Ariel.

waffles77
04-10-2012, 11:00 AM
We have seen her at both Akershus and CRT.

I think she has has different gowns on though if I remember correctly. Would have to look at pics to confirm.

shell8558
04-10-2012, 11:03 AM
We saw her at Akershus also. She was beautiful and took several pictures with the kids.

GrumpyBelle
04-10-2012, 07:23 PM
She was the 1st princess to greet us last year at Akershus.

TiggerTrigger
04-10-2012, 08:22 PM
We have been to CRT twice and Akershus twice since late 2010 and we've seen Ariel at all 4 meals. Of course, as others have noted- there's no guarantee of which characters you'll see- but I think the odds are in your favor that you'll see her at these meals.

ironpig70
04-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Since I am seeing both Akerhus and CRT which one would you choose?

We would be going during free dining and would be coming in late on day 1 and leaving early on the last day so we will have extra TS and CS so CRT being 2 TS is not a big issue.

DW2010
04-10-2012, 09:10 PM
We saw her at CRT in 2010. If you have not been to CRT, I'd say to try it at least once. We haven't been to Akershus, but we did enjoy CRT. Everyone liked their meal.

TiggerTrigger
04-10-2012, 10:46 PM
Since I am seeing both Akerhus and CRT which one would you choose?

We would be going during free dining and would be coming in late on day 1 and leaving early on the last day so we will have extra TS and CS so CRT being 2 TS is not a big issue.

While I think the food and service are better at Akershus, I think the castle is the ideal setting and would try that if you've never done it and only have space for one pricess meal.

Z28KatCar
04-25-2012, 10:05 PM
The food is good at both CRT and Akershus but for the total princess experience go with CRT.

realhousewife
04-26-2012, 05:43 PM
I vote for Akershus for overall interaction.

Kgroo
04-26-2012, 09:03 PM
The food is better at Akershus, but we usually go for breakfast so CRT isn't bad. The thing that gives CRT the advantage is the castle. I cry EVERY time. It is really special for little princesses ;)