PDA

View Full Version : Does Ohana still offer a kids meal?

graceesmom
04-09-2012, 07:19 PM
We are taking my daughter's best friend with us to Disney in June and have reservations for Ohana. My daughter has always eaten the adult food -- salad, noodles, pot stickers, shrimp, etc., but her friend is a very picky eater. She could eat chicken fingers/nuggets for every meal.

If I recall correctly, last year they asked me if my daughter wanted to order a kids meal, but we declined.

Do they still have that as an option for picky kids? Are chicken nuggets an option for children there?

TDC Nala
04-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Yes, you can ask for chicken nuggets and they will be provided, but the meal will cost the same as if the child ate the regular offerings - they don't reduce the price.

graceesmom
04-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks. I understand the cost will be the same. I'll consider it $7 for chicken nuggets and the remainder of the cost for entertainment.

I keep trying to find something else this child will eat, but chicken nuggets appears to be the only protein. Not even cheese. That means no pizza, no mac n cheese, no burgers, no hot dogs. And she doesn't like jelly, so no PB&J. My child has been a fairly adventurous eater so this is very foreign to me.

Fortunately, almost everywhere at Disney serves chicken nuggets.

kendzee94
04-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Yes, we pay full price for my picky 14 year old to eat the chicken and french fries at 'Ohanas. On our longer trips we will eat there twice, and only once have they given me the "well lets see if he'll eat what we bring around" spiel. Now, I ask them for the fries for him and my DD12 when we order our drinks, so it comes out when the other food comes around. Before they switched to chicken (they had the turkey) my DD only ate chicken tenders and french fries there! Love paying $34+ for chicken fingers and french fries:rotfl: