PDA

View Full Version : Narcossee's vastly improved

gdrj
04-09-2012, 06:15 PM
We just came back from Disney and dined at Narcossee's. Our prior visit there was anything but good.

The visit this past week was tremendous. The quality of service was vastly improved. The food quality was much better than our prior experience (back almost 2 years). There is a different management team in place and you can feel the difference whne you walk in.

I know every restaurant has it's good and bad days but I want to share the good news since I shared the bad news before. Surprisingly this was the best meal we had of the week including Artist Point and Citricos. Both of these were fine but Narcossee's really out shined everyone last week.

I know based on the boards there has been mixed responses, in my opinion Narcossee's has redemmed itself.

Bellamouse
04-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Glad to hear. Can you give us more specifics? What did you order? Do you have any pictures?

DonaldDoleWhip
04-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Honestly, I'm not surprised you feel that way. A current dining review (by Dis_Yoda) includes the updated Narcoossee's menu, and it looks like they've added some great, upscale touches to the menu. Glad to hear you were impressed - out of curiosity, what dishes did you order?

Our last experience at Narcoossee's was horrible (the food was decent for a signature, but the service killed it). With the recent changes, I might be willing to return to Narcoossee's in August.

fly girl
04-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Thank you for the update! :)

I took Narcoossee's off my list after we went there in Sept '10 and left disappointed. Service was sketchy and the food was sub par. And with PP's I am curious too as what you had for dinner.

Hmmm...looks like I have to give it another try. :yay: Always love hearing when an establishment makes changes for the better! :dance3:

GAN
04-09-2012, 09:12 PM
It's been a while since we've gone, but I didn't realize it had ever went downhill. Thanks for the update, maybe we can fit it when are back again in August.

SomDayMyPrnceWillCom
04-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Narcoosee's was probably our favorite meal on our 2008 trip. I almost booked it again but trying new restaurants was our new goal. We are trying many new restaurants this time including California Grill, Citrico's, Fulton's, Via Napoli, Kouzzina's.... Coral Reef is the one restaurant that DD16 insists on as our "tradition" now. So, this will be our 3rd trip and 3rd time for CR. :-) Since it's only the two of us, we always get tankside. :cool1:

undertheseas
04-09-2012, 11:13 PM
This is my favorite restaurant but I will agree it hasn't been as good the last time we went. I'm glad to hear they are getting back on track! I can almost taste the lobster and almond-crusted cheesecake now....... :lovestruc

Buckeye Bob
04-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the post! We're trying Narcossee's for the first time during our trip in July and based on the menu, we're really looking forward to it. Good to hear that the service matches the menu.

Have a magical day!

figment_jii
04-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Glad to hear that you liked Narcoossee's! It's my family's favorite restaurant...we've been several times and the food and service have always been excellent.

TDC Nala
04-10-2012, 03:49 PM
They have a new head chef. he was at Jiko previously. Going to try Narcoosees in May to see what he's done with it.

domiii
04-10-2012, 04:00 PM
We went in December of 2010 for the first time and was not impressed. We went on the recommendation of a friend. We may have to give it another try. Thanks.