PDA

View Full Version : Boulangerie Patisserie - Quality Compared to the real Paris?

WDW-PRINCESS
04-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Hello,

I am curious to know, for those that have had the pleasure of eating french pastries in Paris= how do the pastries at the France pavilion compare?I am particularly interested in the Croissant and Chocolate Croissants. To me a good pastry is soft on the inside and flaky on the outside...

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Edit:

Update from post trip -
I tried a plain croissant - it wasn't half bad! The outside was flaky and it was soft on the inside.
It was missing some moistness (i.e. butter) compared to the ones I enjoyed most in paris.
It was worth the try! I would be curious to try the chocolate one next time.

rachellm
04-09-2012, 04:29 PM
I think that's hard to answer because just like anywhere - you'll find great food in Paris and not so great food.

I found the croissants to be good and fairly authentic in Epcot. I had better ones in Paris and some that weren't as good.

That probably doesn't help you much :)

WDW-PRINCESS
04-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Very true - not to be a pasty snob, but I feel like even the 'bad' Paris pastries I have had were still better than many US ones I have had...at least in terms of texture. I want to avoid the 'stale' effect.
I appreciate the response!

CuteAsMinnie
04-09-2012, 04:44 PM
I agree with the PP in the sense you can have better in Paris, or elsewhere for that matter or even not nearly as good. Butall the ones I have had the delight to experience at EPCOT and were all suburb. You will not be disappointed!:flower3:

WDW-PRINCESS
04-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks! I will definitely give it a try - I just wanted to level set my expectations :)

Okh
04-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Unless they're using the same flour, butter, water and yeast (sugar is pretty much sugar) as they do in Paris, they're going to be different products. That's not to say bad or even inauthentic - just different.

tarheelmjfan
04-09-2012, 07:05 PM
I've never been to Paris, so I can't help with a comparison. I can tell you that pastries anywhere at WDW are seldom as good as what you'd find at a neighborhood bakery. We always stop by Boulangerie Patisserie, but I've had much better pastries elsewhere. I think the location often fools people, including me, into thinking they taste better than they actually do. ;) That said, BP is our favorite spot for pastries @ WDW.

LongLiveDisney1
04-09-2012, 07:14 PM
I think the ones at Boulangerie are quite good, especially the Lemon Tart and Eclair. I will be in Paris this summer and will come back to this thread and report. However from the pictures I have seen of what awaits me in Paris, I expect them to reign supreme.

TDC Nala
04-09-2012, 07:39 PM
They're good. But it's not Paris.

WDW-PRINCESS
05-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Update from post trip -

I tried a plain croissant - it wasn't half bad! The outside was flaky and it was soft on the inside.
It was missing some moistness (i.e. butter) compared to the ones I enjoyed most in paris.
It was worth the try! I would be curious to try the chocolate one next time.