PDA

View Full Version : Showing significantly early for ADR?

guinness408
04-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Anyone know if they seat based on arrival time or ADR time? We really want to try the yachtsman, but it's only going to be open 1 night during our trip and available adrs are very late. If we showed early any chance we'd be seated? Thanks!!

Sweet Melissa
04-09-2012, 12:45 PM
You can try. If there are openings or cancellations, they may be able to squeeze you in. If the place really is booked solid, they won't check you in until 15 minutes before your reservation time. At the Yachtsman, I wouldn't be surprised if they can squeeze you in. You may have to wait a while, though.

OhThePain
04-09-2012, 12:54 PM
It really depends on your luck. If the restaurant is booked solid, with no cancellations you could end up waiting until your ADR time (or whatever time you would have ended up being seated had you shown up 15 minutes before your ADR). If it is a slower time of year and they aren't booked solid or had cancellations/no shows you could get taken earlier. I would keep trying to get an earlier ADR.

Hopefully
04-09-2012, 12:54 PM
If you are talking hours earlier than your ADR, only if you are very lucky. Maybe if they have a cancellation or no show. The chances are slim. If they had an ADR available earlier, you would be able to book it. They do not seat according to the time you arrive at the podium, they seat according to your ADR time.
The most likely scenario is they will not allow you to check in that early. They will tell you to come back 15 minutes before your ADR to check in. If you go early, you are just going to be waiting and uncomfortable, for your ADR time.
Good Luck

figment_jii
04-09-2012, 02:37 PM
As others have said, it really depends on how busy the restaurant is that night. If there is still time, I'd keep looking for earlier ADRs. People's schedules do change and ADRs become available closer to the actual date. I'd keep looking right up until your cancellation window closes for your current ADR; I had pretty good luck with day before and day of ADRs for some of the resort restaurants on previous trips.

TDC Nala
04-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Yes, you can try, no guarantees. It is possible they may make you wait until your original ADR time.