PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 2012 availability


melissac
04-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Ok need some thought.

Looking at going to Disney Dec1-8 this year. We own at SSR and are fine at staying there but can stay at OKW for less points. I really don't want to borrow points(spent to many last year) for a SSR ressie now if I can get in to OKW(2BR) at the 7 month mark. Then I have borrowed points that I won't need.

Any thoughts on waiting until May 1(7 month mark) and possible no availablity. We don't need to be near HH any 2BR will do.

Another thoughts on: first choices even though I have to borrow are BLT, BCV, BWV thoughts on chances at 7 months same time frame. Have any owners looked for availablity at above resorts recently and not found availablity recently

Thanks so much for your help.

kstorms27
04-09-2012, 11:35 AM
I just booked a 2 bedroom ressie at OKW for the same exact dates last week with no problem.

sarahk0204
04-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Since you probably will have no problem getting into SSR even after 7 months, I would wait and see what is available at your 7 month mark. Then you can decide on OKW or borrow for your other choices.

drusba
04-09-2012, 12:10 PM
From what we have been seeing, SSR is usually available even at 2 months out for the most busy times of the year (for Easter time you could still get anything there easily at 2 months out except THV's, while at all other resorts there was no or only spotty, a day or two, availability). Thus, you are likely safe waiting for 7 month window to try to reserve if your back-up is SSR.

Be aware that as of right now you are aleady sunk for BWV. Everything there is shown as booked for the week. I am guessing your chances at BLT and BCV are the same.

melissac
04-09-2012, 12:33 PM
That is what I thought about BWV, BCV and BLT but one could hope. Need to look on positive if I can get OKW it will be less points and because we won't have Kids I have always wanted to stay in the very last buildings(45, 46,55) on the river. Maybe I will get lucky with that request.