PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it's overkill to do Ohana dinner and Spirit of Aloha 2 nights in a row?

Childs1stTime2Disney
04-09-2012, 12:03 AM
I have ressies for Ohana and Spirit of Aloha. They are unfortunately two nights in a row. Do you think it's just way too similar? Will I feel it's redundant or not?

Mickey'sApprentice
04-09-2012, 12:15 AM
The experiences are the same, but different. LOL

We loved the dinner show. You get to see hula dancers and fire dancers. We had good seats, and had never seen anything like it. The food is similar to Ohana, but there is less of it, and not as good.

Keep in mind there is plenty of food at the luau. Ohana stuffs you to the gills.

Ohana isn't nearly as entertaining, not to me as an adult. They have coconut races...which is nice for the under 10 set. Otherwise, the attraction is food...its good food...and Disney has a strange sense of humor when it comes to Ohana.

You get...bread, salad, pot stickers, noodles, broccolli, turkey, pork, beef, shrimp, and bread pudding, and a beverage. As you can imagine...your pretty stuffed if you just eat one piece of everything.

Keep in mind, its all polynesian themed, you get leis at both places, the menu is similar but not the same as Ohana.

Yes, I would do them back to back...but know that your going for 2 different things. Plus, food wise...you'll probably feel a little jipped with the luau.

icc2515
04-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Not overkill at all. You will have a great time at both. Then again I don't think it overkill to eat at 'Ohana 3 or 4 days in a row.

Tink-RN
04-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Just got back from the world March 22-31. We have first hand experience with doing them back to back and have to say next time we will NOT do them back to back. We are BIG eaters and we were soooo full, you need a day just to let your stomach rest. It is like Thanksgiving dinner two nights in a row. Now if you guys are conservative eaters you will be fine but we stuffed ourselves so much we could do nothing but go back to our room and take a nap! Best meals we ate, you have great ressies!!!!:banana: