PDA

View Full Version : babysitting services on site

cindy17
04-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Hi! I have a bit of a dilemma. Wondering if anyone out there has ever used any of the babysitting services (i.e. Fairy Godmothers) for their disabled child/adult? I have a wedding to attend in October at the Grand Floridian (yes, sounds wonderful, but not when you have an autistic young adult to worry about!). My son will be 18 by then but is rather severely autistic and can no way sit thru the ceremony and most likely will have no interest in the reception. We will be staying at the GF, so if there's any problem I can just run up to the room. I promised my DH that I would check out these services. Personally, I'd rather stay home but he refuses to go without me! Its his nieces wedding and his whole family will be there. I'm very leery about such services with my son. He does not have alot of experience staying with "strangers". Any experiences with this service out there? Thanks in advance! :)

cindy17
04-16-2012, 07:55 PM
bump

ladyjubilee
04-17-2012, 08:31 AM
My son will be 18 by then but is rather severely autistic and can no way sit thru the ceremony and most likely will have no interest in the reception.

Have you thought of contacting the Orland Autism Society to see if they know local respite providers that might be available?

cindy17
04-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Thats a great idea! thank you!