PDA

View Full Version : New to OKW---Help

CrusinNana
04-08-2012, 11:36 AM
I will be staying at OKW in June. I am not a DVC member and I was wondering if I will have daily housekeeping services ? Also will the following be provided or do I need to bring these along: Soap, shampoo, lotion, laundry soap, dishwash powder, coffee, creamer, sugar---and anything else I need to be aware of. Thank you in advance for your help !

disneynutz
04-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Where did you get your room from?

If you are in a one bedroom you will get a 2 load box of laundry detergent. All other items on your list are provided.

:earsboy: Bill

OldGrizzly57
04-08-2012, 11:50 AM
If you are staying on a cash reservation through Disney central reservations you will have daily housekeeping. If you rented points from a member or purchased a rental in any other way you will not have daily housekeeping service. If you are renting and have a true need for daily housekeeping you can pay an extra fee at check in to obtain that service.

Griz

DVC~OKW~96
04-08-2012, 11:52 AM
If you booked through Disney resorts and paid "cash" you will receive the same amenities as a resort guest. If you rented points you will be recognized as a DVC member and will not have daily housekeeping.

Bring salt and pepper, as there is none in the villas. Also, if you are booked as a DVC member you'll need coffee and filters and any additions you put in your brew (sugar, creamer, etc.).

CrusinNana
04-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the onfo. It is a cash reservation through my travel agent. I reserved a 2 bedroom villa as my son and his family are going along.

disneynutz
04-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the onfo. It is a cash reservation through my travel agent. I reserved a 2 bedroom villa as my son and his family are going along.

Daily Mousekeeping if you want it and the same soaps like any hotel.

Suggestion: You might want to rent points from a DVC owner next time, you won't get daily service but you will save some money. :goodvibes

OldGrizzly57
04-08-2012, 12:16 PM
you won't get daily service but you will save some money. :goodvibes

Read "some" as a LOT! :thumbsup2

Griz

mlittig
04-08-2012, 03:46 PM
CruisinNana, :welcome: to the DISboards :wave: You and your family will love Old Key West :love: One of the best perks is being able to take the nice, relaxing boat to DownTown :woohoo: I will be there in just 11 days and I cannot wait :cloud9:

Deb & Bill
04-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Where did you get your room from?

If you are in a one bedroom you will get a 2 load box of laundry detergent. All other items on your list are provided.

I take it, Bill, that your wife does the laundry. Because that box of Tide that you get is a single load. ;)

disneynutz
04-09-2012, 08:54 AM
I take it, Bill, that your wife does the laundry. Because that box of Tide that you get is a single load. ;)

I think that the soap companies want you to use a full box just to sell more, when half a box will clean just fine. Besides, I'm not a dirty guy. :thumbsup2