PDA

View Full Version : my dining res

sumismommy
04-08-2012, 10:54 AM
This is my dining reservations, for me my hubby and 6 year old daughter any thoughts or advice?

DAY 1 EPCOT
Via Napoli 12:45 p.m (will try to get res earlier)
1900 Park Fare 6:55 pm

DAY 2 ANIMAL KINGDOM
Tusker house 8:05am
Tusker house 1:00pm
Boma 8:00pm

DAY 3 HOLLYWOOD
50's Prime Time 12:10 pm
Hollywood & Vine 7:00pm

Day 4 MAGIC

BBB Salon 8:00am
Cinderella's royal table 9:25am
Ohana's 6:25

Day 5 Magic
Whispering Canyon Café 11:45
Spirit of Aloha 8:00pm

Day 6 Hollywood? (departure day)

House of blues 2:00pm
Earl of sandwich (to go to airport with)

PoohsFan1
04-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Everything looks really good (great choices in food BTW), however, Day 2 at AK you are going to Tusker House twice? I know one is for breakfast and one is for lunch, however the lunch is now a character meal that has the same characters as the breakfast. Don't get me wrong, I like both breakfast and Lunch (I prefer lunch more), I'm not sure if I personally would want to go to TH twice in one day, but to each his own. I would instead either do a quick breakfast at either the bakery in AK or do lunch at Flame Tree BBQ.

Also on your departure day, are you going to both DHS and DTD? Depending on when your flight leaves (if you are flying), and if you are using DME or not (again only if you are flying), will you have enough time for both? You may want to decide to either just go to DHS or DTD before you leave. Remember (if you are using DME), they will pick you up from your resort 3 hours before your flight leaves, not sure that will give you enough time for both....however, if you are using a rental car, or you are driving your own car home, then by all means disregard what I said. :goodvibes. Have a great trip.

***I am editing to note that I just reread your post and saw that you are indeed flying...you may want to reconsider your departure day plans, unless you have a really late flight out.

sumismommy
04-08-2012, 11:57 AM
My flight leaves at 8:55pm, nad i am using the express bus. I'm not sure what park we are going to go to on our last day, do we have time to go to a park in the morning and than downtown before we leave? I'm on the ddp so i dont wantto have any extra when i eat. I will eat a light brekfast at Tusker. my dd 6, will eat breakfast and stillbe starving come lunch, do you have another suggestion for breakfast or lunch in ak?

tinkerbesh
04-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Via Napoli is delicious! Pizzas are very good, and our favorite dessert is Zeppole di Caterina-- it's fried ricotta cheese pastry puffs that you get to dip into chocolate sauce & whipped cream.

(oops- I see you have 'Ohana -- good pick -- it's our favorite food on all of Disney property!)

For another Animal Kingdom restaurant- we like Yak & Yeti a lot. Or if you want a Table Service place with a bigger menu, try Rainforest Cafe.

sumismommy
04-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I am going to O'hana's on another day. would i be able to travel to ohanas for lunch and come back to ak? Is lunch and breakfast at th similar?

sumismommy
04-08-2012, 12:03 PM
what about yak and yeti should we try them?

PoohsFan1
04-08-2012, 12:11 PM
My flight leaves at 8:55pm, nad i am using the express bus. I'm not sure what park we are going to go to on our last day, do we have time to go to a park in the morning and than downtown before we leave? I'm on the ddp so i dont wantto have any extra when i eat. I will eat a light brekfast at Tusker. my dd 6, will eat breakfast and stillbe starving come lunch, do you have another suggestion for breakfast or lunch in ak?

If your flight leaves at 8:55pm, then DME should be picking you up at 5:55pm (but of course you have to take some time to get back to your resort in order to get your bags from bell services and get over to DME bus stop). If you want to go to DHS in the morning for a couple of hours and then head over to DTD to do some last minute shopping, then it is definitely doable. Just be aware of your time.

Also, where are you staying? On your AK day, you could always eat breakfast at your resort before heading over to the park and then do Tusker House for lunch, or if you want to do Tusker House for breakfast, then another option would be Yak and Yeti (we haven't eaten here yet, but have read many great reviews). The problem with AK for breakfast (if you are looking for TS only) is there is only one restaurant serving it. However, if you want to do CS then you can go to either the Bakery or to Pizzafari. Hope this helps....just remember that this is only an opinion of one person, if you want to eat at TH for breakfast and lunch, then by all means do so...it is your vacation, do what you want :goodvibes. Even though TH is a character meal for both B and L, they will have different foods offerings, so technically it will be a different dining experience. Enjoy.

sumismommy
04-08-2012, 12:13 PM
No. I want all op. I have never been to disney. Do you think I have a good amount of character meals for my daughter?

goofyintoronto
04-08-2012, 12:16 PM
what about yak and yeti should we try them?

I think breakfast at tusker is a good choice. For lunch i would change it up a bit by trying yak & yeti. Checkout the menu first on this site to see if it appeals to you.

goofyintoronto
04-08-2012, 12:20 PM
No. I want all op. I have never been to disney. Do you think I have a good amount of character meals for my daughter?

I think you have a good amount of character meals. Just wanted to make sure you knew that ohana dinner is not character. only breakfast is character dining. you have some good choices. have fun!

sumismommy
04-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Oh I thought it was for dinner too. No biggie shes not into Lilo and snitch anyways

PoohsFan1
04-08-2012, 12:35 PM

I think you have a very good amount of Character meals...especially for your first time going. We are a family that does character meals every morning (some for dinner) of our usual 9 night/10 day stay. We love them that much. Your DD is going to love eating at CRT, there is nothing like eating in the castle...especially after she has had her makeover at BBB :goodvibes.

sumismommy
04-08-2012, 12:42 PM
I hope she does, going to dw is her kindergarten graduation present!