PDA

View Full Version : Via Napoli or Akershus Dinner

crazyfordisney2000
04-08-2012, 08:14 AM
We have never tried Akershus for dinner,and have always wanted to, but have had Via Napoli and it's my favorite restaurant! I thought we should try Akershus because it's so expensive and we have the dining plan this trip, but I'm really thinking I don't want to miss Via Napoli again, which we skipped last trip due to sickness. What would you do? There is 4 of us, Dh, dd(8) and ds (10). There is not another day to fit Via Napoli in.

Pixiedust34
04-08-2012, 08:21 AM
We have never tried Akershus for dinner,and have always wanted to, but have had Via Napoli and it's my favorite restaurant! I thought we should try Akershus because it's so expensive and we have the dining plan this trip, but I'm really thinking I don't want to miss Via Napoli again, which we skipped last trip due to sickness. What would you do? There is 4 of us, Dh, dd(8) and ds (10). There is not another day to fit Via Napoli in.

It was nearly a coin toss for us between these 2 restaurants, too.

We went with Akershus. Dd and I have been for breakfast, but ds has never been. My kids are teens so the princesses aren't too big a draw, but they wanted to try the food and the cold buffet was a big draw for my big eater 15 yo ds!

I figured we rarely do character meals anymore, and since we're on the DDP that would be a good time to do one. We can try for Via Napoli on another trip. When you pay OOP and share a pizza, that's a budget-friendly ts meal whereas the Norway meal would be $$$ OOP.

I hope we like the Akershus dinner. Our kids want to compare the meatballs there to the ones they eat at Ikea! :)

gabzee
04-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Are you planning on doing any other character meals? Any meals with the princesses? Could you do one for breakfast or lunch and the other for dinner?

sweeperyz21
04-08-2012, 03:28 PM
hello to my friends

CuteAsMinnie
04-08-2012, 04:12 PM
We as a family stick with our favorites because we don't want to she'll out a huge amount of $$$ with WDW restaurants being as expensive as they are just to be disappointed

Via Napoli is a great place for the family so I would stick with that.

:flower3:

disneybliss2
04-08-2012, 06:11 PM
OP: you've got a tough call to make. I think for this time since you're on the dining plan, I would take advantage of eating at Akershus. To pay oop there would be pricey, so here's your prime chance. I hate it that you have to sacrifice your fav restaurant, though. Still, with you being on the dining plan I would go for Akershus. I also think it's good to try new places. What if you find a new favorite? My final reason for choosing Akershus is the age of your kids. A few years down the road, the appeal of a character meal may not be as high, but for now I think they would still enjoy it. It would be fun to get a family photo there too (it's included with the meal). The food at Akershus is really good. We've eaten dinner there several times. It's actually one of my DH's favorites. It's a favorite of our whole family. Good luck with your decision!

disneyfav4ever
04-08-2012, 06:17 PM
That would be a tough choice for me. Is your DD a princess fan? Though I can find the food at Akershus to be hit or miss, though that's always due to personal taste, I can't rate anything I've had there as bad, and I find the meatballs there to be very tasty, (but please don't expect them to taste like Italian meatballs,) but nothing I would rate as spectacular either, except for maybe the meatballs. And can you get good pizza / Italian at home? If so I say go to Akershus.

tarheelmjfan
04-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Restaurant Akershus is an incredible value, when you're using DDP. I would go ahead & do that for dinner, since you have the dining plan this trip. To satisfy your desire to eat at VN I would go there for an early lunch & order a large pizza OOP for everyone to share.