PDA

View Full Version : Deposit?

your friend
04-07-2012, 01:47 PM
I was just reading about the resale process and the page says your deposit will be return immediately if disney exercises the ROFR. How much of a deposit do you have to put down when you start the resale process?

Jason@dvcstore
04-07-2012, 02:16 PM
I was just reading about the resale process and the page says your deposit will be return immediately if disney exercises the ROFR. How much of a deposit do you have to put down when you start the resale process?

When dealing with The Timeshare Store, Inc. upfront you would need 10% of the purchase price due within 7 days (5 business days) once your offer has been accepted by the seller. The balance would not be due until about 6 to 7 weeks later when you go to closing.

Hope that helps.

Jason from The Timeshare Store, Inc.

OldGrizzly57
04-07-2012, 02:43 PM
I have purchased multiple contracts through multiple brokers and the deposit has ranged from a flat $500 all the way up to 20% of the purchase price.

Griz

bethifoody
04-07-2012, 02:50 PM
We have a contract currently in ROFR through Fidelity; our deposit was a flat $1k.

zavandor
04-07-2012, 03:09 PM
With Fidelity I was required a deposit of 1000$ too. However I've sent my credit card number to the title company, but they charged the credit card only after the contract passed ROFR.

WsPrincess
04-08-2012, 08:52 PM
We are working with the Timeshare Store and as Jason said, we have a 10% deposit. If Disney exercises ROFR, we can get a refund or apply the money to another contract.