PDA

View Full Version : Bistro de Paris and Le Cellier on Dining Plan

bgsnmky
04-07-2012, 10:25 AM
I couldn't fit all my questions in the title....so here it goes.

I have been to Disney World LOTS of times..but have never eaten in France and this year I would like to do that as we are on the dining plan (free dining)

Need to decide between the two restaurants. Bistro vs Chefs de France.

I am reading LOTS of good reviews on the Bistro as people are even saying it is one of the favorite restaurants...etc I did notice that it uses two table credits at dinner.

We were also going to eawt at Le Cellier and it takes two credits at dinner. I would like to eat at one for lunch as not to use two credits if possible.

From an atmosphere and food experience ...is there any reason why you eat at them for dinner vs lunch?

Also looking for votes/reasons why to eat at the chefs de france vs Bistro

purple figment
04-07-2012, 09:09 PM
First of all, if you want to eat at Bistro, it is only open for dinner.

We ate there many years ago. The food was excellent and the atmosphere quiet and elelgant.

Chefs is much more casual and noisier. The restaurant is bright and airy and is meant to remind you of a Parisian cafe. If you time it right you can meet Remy. We've eaten there for lunch and dinner many times. We've enjoyed the steak, short ribs, chicken, onion soup, lobster bisque, and desserts. The one entree that disappointed me was the duck.

Our most recent visit to Le Cellier was last October after it became a Signature Restaurant at dinner. If you want the filet or burger or the cheddar cheese soup and breadsticks, then lunch would be a better choice since it's only one credit. If you opt for dinner the filet is larger and the mushroom risotto has larger pieces and a greater variety of mushrooms. The rib eye steak was one of the best I had on my last trip. As far as ambiance, it's meant to simulate a wine cellar so it's dark and windowless and doesn't have any additional attraction that might entertain children.

rlovew
04-07-2012, 09:24 PM
We enjoy both Bistro and Chef in France. As mentioned above Bistro is only opened for dinner. Bistro is definitely more elegant and really designed for couple without children and other adult guests- I don't think I have ever been in a Disney restaurant with more two top table. Chef's is fun and you may get a great view for people watching along the world showcase. Our food here has been great but not quite as elegant as Bistros.

bgsnmky
04-07-2012, 11:14 PM
thanks for the clarification...I now see where Le Cellier is listed to have lunch on the dining plan with 1 table service, but that Bistro is not.

Eeyore98
04-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Chefs is more casual, Bistro is fancier. We really enjoyed the prix fixe lunch at Chefs, and it has great views if you get a window table...awesome people watching. I would decide between the two based on the experience you want. Bistro is a candles, tablecloths, napkins folded to look like tuxedos, waitstaff wearing actual tuxedos kind of place. And I would imagine the quality of food reflects that, too. Chefs is fun and friendly, and an animatronic Remy comes around every so often to visit the tables.

Basically, you won't go wrong with either, but if you really want a fancy night out, Bistro is the way to go. As others have said, it is only open for dinner, not lunch.

As far as Le Cellier goes, I would opt for the one credit lunch instead of the two credit dinner. I adore LC - it is absolutely my favorite restaurant on property - but there just isn't enough difference between lunch and dinner to justify the extra credit, in my mind, or even the extra cash if paying OOP. There are some different dishes at dinner, and even dishes that are found on both menus will include better quality ingredients at dinner, but the atmosphere is exactly the same at both meals (they don't even add a tablecloth for dinner).

TDC Nala
04-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Bistro doesn't serve lunch at all. Dinner only. For lunch in France at a TS you would need to choose Chefs de France.

bgsnmky
04-14-2012, 02:36 PM
thanks guys..planning on LeCellier for lunch and Chef's for dinner.

disneyfav4ever
04-15-2012, 09:13 AM
I really love Bistro. Though it does take two credits to eat there.