PDA

View Full Version : scifi for lunch

cottontail
04-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Scifi for lunch is this a good choice at the hollywood studios? Or should I switch to 50 prime time.

Deb.

tortoni
04-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Hi Deb, we have done both and much prefer SciFi. Neither has exceptional food so we stick to the basics-- sandwiches and burgers. We love the atmosphere of SciFi and a chance to cool off and relax while dining. In PrimeTime, I'm not keen on the theming and find the seating crampt.
Toni

TDC Nala
04-06-2012, 11:37 AM
If you want burgers and sandwiches, stick with Scifi. If you prefer plated meals, go to 50's Prime Time. (Prime Time's menu no longer has any burgers or sandwiches.)

Kay1
04-06-2012, 11:47 AM
If you want burgers and sandwiches, stick with Scifi. If you prefer plated meals, go to 50's Prime Time. (Prime Time's menu no longer has any burgers or sandwiches.)

Agreed. Also, I think Sci-fi is a lot of fun.

Enjoy.

:)

averysmom
04-06-2012, 12:09 PM
We like Sci-fi for lunch, b/c it is a real break from the heat and sun; it is dark and cool and we always feel very refreshed afterwards. ITA with pp though - burgers and fries are your best bet - their milkshakes are good too! We've never been disappointed with the basics, but anytime we've deviated, we wished we'd gotten the burger!

mpalmieri1203
04-06-2012, 12:20 PM
I've been there 4 times previously. I really like it. The food is OK. Think Johnny Rockets. The theming is great and I always find it tough to find somewhere to sit and eat when the meal times come around at HS.

PoohsFan1
04-06-2012, 12:46 PM
The Sci-Fi Cheeseburgers are awesome (definitely can get them for lunch, but I think you have to ask for them if you go there for dinner), we all had them there on our past trip in January. We liked them so much that DH made sure that we are going back there on one of our DHS days during our next trip. Those burgers are probably the best cheeseburgers I had on property. As for 50's, we do enjoy this restaurant as well, but we like to go there for dinner. My DH loves the pot roast while I love the fried chicken plate and the S'mores dessert :cloud9:. The kids will take whatever, since it is good comfort food and that is mainly what they like. Good luck deciding.

FutureMrs.Incredible
04-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Okay, we love Sci-Fi! Its now on the must-do list for every trip. Its really about the theming though. (My husband is a horror and sci-fi nut..) Stick to the burger and fries as PPs said. They are really the best! Be sure to get an alcoholic milkshake if you're so inclined.

I honestly think though that its a great idea for lunch. Its especially cool in there compared to other restaurants. It would be a great place to cool off and relax before hitting the parks again!

tluvstink
04-06-2012, 01:07 PM
I love lunch at Sci-Fi......an order of onion rings with a shake and I'm a happy camper:lovestruc

Terri