PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef sub?

Lovin' Disney
04-06-2012, 01:09 AM
I am planning on making an ADR for the Coral Reef. We have never been and I think the kids would really enjoy the scenery. However, I don't think there is anything on the menu my DD will eat. She hates seafood. She might eat the grilled chicken, maybe. Do you think it's possible to order chicken nuggets even though it's not on the menu? :confused3

MolonLabe
04-06-2012, 01:18 AM
I'm pretty sure coral reef has nuggets and pizza on their menu for kids. They have a couple of non seafood options for kids IIRC.

Lovin' Disney
04-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Here is the updated menu on allears:

Seared Mahi Mahi
Grilled Chicken Breast
Meaty Macaroni
Cheese Pizza
Grilled Fish of the Day

She also hates pasta & red sauce, so macaroni & pizza are out. Like I said, if it comes to it, she might eat the grilled chicken breast, but I can guarantee she will eat nuggets if available.

jjsdad
04-06-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm pretty sure you can order grilled cheese or chicken nuggets at almost any disney restaurant even if it isn't on the menu. We never tried this at coral reef as my son would just eat the pizza, but we have done it at other places.

TDC Nala
04-06-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm pretty sure you can order grilled cheese or chicken nuggets at almost any disney restaurant even if it isn't on the menu. We never tried this at coral reef as my son would just eat the pizza, but we have done it at other places.

There are several that are unable to provide chicken nuggets on request, so it's not ALL restaurants. As for Coral Reef, no idea. Why not just ask for plain grilled chicken?

ccgirl
04-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Here is the updated menu on allears:

Seared Mahi Mahi
Grilled Chicken Breast
Meaty Macaroni
Cheese Pizza
Grilled Fish of the Day

She also hates pasta & red sauce, so macaroni & pizza are out. Like I said, if it comes to it, she might eat the grilled chicken breast, but I can guarantee she will eat nuggets if available.

I don't think I have ever seen chicken nuggets there. However, my DD likes plain pasta with butter with marinara sauce on the side and they were able to accommodate that. They make the pasta fresh so can leave the sauce off without a problem.

Also keep in mind that not all tables have a view of the tank. The last time there, we were seated on the upper level and could not see the tank and my DS3 complained the whole time how he could not see the fishies.

gabzee
04-08-2012, 05:51 PM
As PP has said, you are not guaranteed to be next to the tank or even have a view of the tank. I have no idea if Coral Reef will be able to accommodate. However, if DD won't eat anything on the menu and the main reason you are going there is for the view of the tank which is not guaranteed by any means, I would suggest eating somewhere else. You can always look at various fish tanks in the Nemo attraction.

anjalee6
04-08-2012, 06:42 PM
We were seated at the very top last time we went too. My kids were disappointed as that was the main reason they wanted to go. They said we could wait for a tank table, but we would have waited an extra 45 minutes. The kids were already hungry so that really wasn't an option. Maybe somewhere else where the menu has something for everyone might be better.

Hopefully
04-08-2012, 06:59 PM
I don't think you should expect to order a food that is not even on the menu. That isn't a sub, to my mind. If it is not on the menu, why would they have that ingredient in house?
PP have said that they have had luck at many restaurants, but as Nala said, not all restuarants even have nuggets. I wouldn't count on it.

goofy4tink
04-09-2012, 12:21 PM
If chicken nuggets aren't on the menu, they aren't on the menu. If you asked for them, they would have to physically leave the restaurant and go someplace else to get them. I suppose they might have some sitting around, but I wouldn't count on it.
The kids menu has chicken, pizza and macaroni. I would imagine that they can easily make plain macaroni and put butter on it for your dd.
I do know that getting a grilled cheese sandwich isn't always an option either...I know, we tried on several occasions back when my dd was younger.

While the Coral Reef is a nice enough restaurant, it's not among our top spots. We find it to be noisy and chaotic. And one of the reasons is that there are kids running all over the place, shoving past people, trying to get right up to the tank. I find it to be quieter on the lowest level, but now hesitate to take a table beside the tank simply because kids are allowed, by their parents, to shove behind guests' chairs to be right against the tank. I almost wore a glass of wine when a little boy did just that..never saw him coming and he shoved the back of my chair just enough to jostle my arm.

I would really consider heading to a different restaurant if there is nothing a child will eat there.