PDA

View Full Version : Camera for the beach/water/pool

psimon
04-04-2012, 12:48 PM
I am sure many of you have a nice camera that takes great pictures.... but you are afraid of it getting damaged at the beach, pool, water park, etc. I'm sort of debating whether to take the "good" camera to those places on the cruise.

What do you? Not take a camera and let the cruise folks take your pictures? Take your "good" camera and take a chance? Buy a cheap water resistant camera for the wet places?

If you do take a cheaper camera for the wet places, I am looking for suggestions.

Many thanks...

Paul

collectoraholic
04-04-2012, 12:52 PM
We always take our DSLR camera as well as our waterproof digital camera. That way we can use the nice camera around the ship when we want really good pics and use the waterproof camera for all the point & shoot type of situations that arise, whether we need the waterproof feature or not.

This is the waterproof camera that we have. It takes fantastic pictures outside (both in and out of water) or when inside with REALLY good lighting, but if the lighting is even slightly on the dim side, the pictures aren't quite so perfect with it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Olympus+-+TG610+14.0-Megapixel+Digital+Camera/2207078.p?id=1218314734563&skuId=2207078

HTHs! :thumbsup2

MTmomma
04-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Both Ash (my co worker/co cruiser) and I use Nikon D80s as our primary cameras. I have a Kodak Playsport for videos, and it is also water resistant to three meters. It works well for both in and out of the water. Not sure if either of us is going to look into a waterproof still camera.

Chelley00
04-04-2012, 01:16 PM
I take 2. I take the good camera for around the ship and on port stops. I take our waterproof Canon D10 (which I LOVE) to the pool and beach.

PrincessLynz
04-04-2012, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=collectoraholic;44507690]We always take our DSLR camera as well as our waterproof digital camera. That way we can use the nice camera around the ship when we want really good pics and use the waterproof camera for all the point & shoot type of situations that arise, whether we need the waterproof feature or not.

That is exactly what we do also. DH thinks I crazy to have so many cameras on vacation, but I always like to have a back up just in case.

ksloane
04-04-2012, 01:48 PM
My second camera isn't waterproof or water resistant, but it's cheap enough that I wouldn't be overly upset if it was ruined by a splash of water or sand or whatever....

mom of a lil pirate
04-04-2012, 02:20 PM
I take my DSLR with me everywhere, but I also have a Cannon D10 Waterproof for when we are in the pool or in and area where I don't want to take my DSLR out.

ericalynn1979
04-04-2012, 02:43 PM
I carry a Nikon D200 SLR with me everywhere I go, and I have a Panasonic Lumix that is water/weather-proof for areas that are wet and I'm afraid might ruin the SLR.

It takes really great pictures in auto mode, and I have to admit it's nice to have and not worry about constantly checking my settings on my SLR!

kw22
04-04-2012, 03:03 PM
We take our good camera and put it in an aquapac. I can't post links on here yet, but if you google aquapac, you will find their website. We took our camera snorkeling and to the dolphin encounter on Blue Lagoon Island. We got amazing pictures. I did a lot of research to make sure the aquapac was reliable. I would recommend it to anyone!

You can also find the aquapac group on flickr to see some of the amazing pictures taken while using one of the cases.

PrincessShmoo
04-04-2012, 03:12 PM
For those times we had excursions that involved lots of water (snorkeling, sailing) we've purchased a waterproof camera from WalMart (Fuji).

:cutie:

Minniemiss
04-04-2012, 04:56 PM
We use the good camera for the land shots and a cheap waterproof for the water shots.

scootch
04-04-2012, 05:37 PM
I have the Sony TX5, around $285. It is such a great camera, it has replaced my good camera for all vacations. It takes great pictures in the water, out the water, whereever. It is freezeproof, shockproof and waterproof. Best purchase I have ever made!!

psimon
04-04-2012, 06:08 PM
We use the good camera for the land shots and a cheap waterproof for the water shots.

Please define cheap! Also what camera is it?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

psimon
04-04-2012, 06:09 PM
For those times we had excursions that involved lots of water (snorkeling, sailing) we've purchased a waterproof camera from WalMart (Fuji).

Is that digital or film? If digital, what is it?

thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

DisneyOrBustColorado
04-04-2012, 06:37 PM
This is a wonderufl thread. I was just wondering the same thing.

For our trip this fall I think I have decided that I will pack my SLR cameras as well as Sony video camera. As far as a little protable camera I am hopeing to purchase the new Canon D20 that is scheduled to come out at the end of June. If I can't handle the price point, I may just purchase the Canon D10. I'm glad to hear that everyone has had such a positive experience with it. The D20 is supposed to have a CMOS censor like in the SLR cameras & also HD video capabilities. I don't know if I am a huge fan of the HD video as it will only take up more memory, but we will see this summer.

One can never pack too many camers. After all, when your trip is all over, all you have left are the wonderful memories. You have to capture those to treasure for a lifetime.

AndyR
04-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Canon 5D Mk-iii for the good stuff and a Sony TX10 for the wet stuff.

PrincessShmoo
04-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Is that digital or film? If digital, what is it?

thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

It's a Fuji Waterproof camera. It uses film, so must be developed later.

I think we paid about $12 for it.

Cobrastrike
04-04-2012, 07:39 PM
We take our Nikon D80 DSLR everywhere except to the pool when on the ship and on non-beach excursions.
Anyplace wet or sandy we take the Sony TX10 as it's waterproof, shock proof and dust proof. Wouldn't exactly call this a cheap waterproof camera though. A lot of shots rival the DSLR, and even surpasses it (low light).

psimon
04-04-2012, 09:40 PM
It's a Fuji Waterproof camera. It uses film, so must be developed later.

I think we paid about $12 for it.

What do you think of the photos? Crisp? In focus?

PrincessShmoo
04-04-2012, 09:55 PM
What do you think of the photos? Crisp? In focus?

The underwater ones (while snorkeling) seemed a bit fuzzy, but it's hard to tell whether it was due to the cloudyness of the water, or not great picture taking. The ones we had taken onboard our snorkeling boat seemed clear.

I'll dig a few up and post them for you. Tomorrow, since I'll have to scan them in to post.

psimon
04-04-2012, 10:03 PM
The underwater ones (while snorkeling) seemed a bit fuzzy, but it's hard to tell whether it was due to the cloudyness of the water, or not great picture taking. The ones we had taken onboard our snorkeling boat seemed clear.

I'll dig a few up and post them for you. Tomorrow, since I'll have to scan them in to post.

Thanks... I am interested.

$12 seems like a far better deal than $200+ for an infrequently used camera.

---Paul

LynneyPooh
04-04-2012, 10:40 PM
I have a canon powershot that does a great job. (It's also perfect for inside the parks because of its size.) DH gave it to me for Christmas before our last cruise. We invested in the waterproof case. Whenever I head to the pool, beach or outdoors with a chance of rain, the case goes on.
My underwater pics were BEAUTIFUL!! so worth the price of the case IMHO. The case was a little pricey, but the peice of mind I've had has been worth every penny!

That being said DH gave me a canon rebel dslr for Christmas this year. Both will go on the upcoming cruise.

This past summer @ WDW I ended up traveling with 4 cameras (Video, the powershot, a sony mavica, and canon film camera.) I retired the mavica and rebel film due to the new rebel I got in Dec. I'll prob. leave the video home (due to the video option on the new camera). The powershot is a pretty good camera, but the quality of action pics I got on my old rebel and quality of night photo (fireworks/lights) on the mavica is so awesome I couldn't knowingly sacrifice :)
DH is excited about this trip because there will only be 1 camera bag,:woohoo: and no debates about having to leave cameras at home to reduce baggage since we're flying this go round...

I guess in my long winded way my advice is to go ahead a purchase (if possible) a decent waterproof camera or camera/waterproof case. There will be more vacations, parties, outdoor events when you'll be worried about protecting the really good camera. Having a 2nd one takes that stress off of you, and you'll have a camera to use in any situation (JMO).:goodvibes

rgrovr
04-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Panasonic Lumix for near-water/underwater shots (up to 40ft) and a Nikon D7000 with the holy trinity in glass for everything else.

Cruise
04-04-2012, 10:59 PM
I use the Fuji disposable waterproof camera mentioned above. I think I paid $9.95 at Walmart and it has something like 18 shots on it. The downside is that it's film, not digital, so there's no review of your pics to know how well they are framed, etc. I just get around this by taking lots of pics of anything interesting and hope at least one is a good one. :rotfl:

I decided to go this route because, after reading many many reviews, I've determined that none of the "waterproof" cameras are truly waterproof (especially in saltwater. You can find sites online that explain how the waterproofing components of cameras are worn away over time, especially by saltwater) - they're more "splashproof." And I wanted something I could really take underwater pictures with for an extended period. For the price of one of the waterproof digital ones that might leak on first or second use, I'd just rather by the disposable ones. I'm sure others have had great luck with them, but my luck runs more along the lines of it leaking first use. :rotfl:

Also, when I get the disposables developed, I always select the option to get the pics on CD so I have them in digital format to put on my computer.

A few pics from a Fuji disposable underwater camera:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa181/Kellestara/stingray.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa181/Kellestara/stingray2.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa181/Kellestara/starfish.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa181/Kellestara/ccfish.jpg

ScottJayhawk
04-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Love our Lumix TS-10 as a second camera for waterparks and pools!

psimon
04-05-2012, 07:42 AM
I use the Fuji disposable waterproof camera mentioned above. I think I paid $9.95 at Walmart and it has something like 18 shots on it. The downside is that it's film, not digital, so there's no review of your pics to know how well they are framed, etc. I just get around this by taking lots of pics of anything interesting and hope at least one is a good one. :rotfl:

I decided to go this route because, after reading many many reviews, I've determined that none of the "waterproof" cameras are truly waterproof (especially in saltwater. You can find sites online that explain how the waterproofing components of cameras are worn away over time, especially by saltwater) - they're more "splashproof." And I wanted something I could really take underwater pictures with for an extended period. For the price of one of the waterproof digital ones that might leak on first or second use, I'd just rather by the disposable ones. I'm sure others have had great luck with them, but my luck runs more along the lines of it leaking first use. :rotfl:

Also, when I get the disposables developed, I always select the option to get the pics on CD so I have them in digital format to put on my computer.

A few pics from a Fuji disposable underwater camera:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa181/Kellestara/stingray.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa181/Kellestara/stingray2.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa181/Kellestara/starfish.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa181/Kellestara/ccfish.jpg

I am actually very impressed with the quality considering the price. Seems like $20 for a couple of these is a better investment than a couple hundred $ for something that will sit in a drawer most of the time. I really like my current digital camera and it goes everywhere.... especially because of the 35X optical zoom.... so I think I have found my answer.

This way each kid can have their own water camera for the trip and I don't have to worry about their regular cameras either!

Many thanks!

---Paul in Southern NJ

PrincessShmoo
04-05-2012, 11:39 AM
OK, I see someone else posted pictures. Here's a couple of mine:

These were on our MR cruise, a far away shot of the Wonder and an underwater shot. The underwater one is a bit dark because the snorkle area was on the shady side of the rock.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ufetud.jpg

And a couple from Castaway Cay:

The family beach, and an underwater shot of a fish swiming by.

http://i41.tinypic.com/ndtnxv.jpg

psimon
04-05-2012, 02:02 PM
OK, I see someone else posted pictures. Here's a couple of mine:

These were on our MR cruise, a far away shot of the Wonder and an underwater shot. The underwater one is a bit dark because the snorkle area was on the shady side of the rock.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ufetud.jpg

And a couple from Castaway Cay:

The family beach, and an underwater shot of a fish swiming by.

http://i41.tinypic.com/ndtnxv.jpg

Nice shots but they are a bit hazy... have you tried Photoshop or equivalent to rebalance them? I think they have a good chance of being really good if the haze or fog is lifted.

---Paul

PrincessShmoo
04-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Nice shots but they are a bit hazy... have you tried Photoshop or equivalent to rebalance them? I think they have a good chance of being really good if the haze or fog is lifted.

---Paul

I think it's my scanner. :headache: It's pretty old.

ScottJayhawk
04-05-2012, 03:55 PM
I think it's my scanner. :headache: It's pretty old.

I think that's a compelling argument for a waterproof digital camera ;)

psimon
04-05-2012, 06:27 PM
I think that's a compelling argument for a waterproof digital camera ;)

Not so sure about that.

Firstly, if, as PrincessShmoo suggests, it is her scanner that made the photos hazy, that implies the photos and associated negatives are better. If so, then when they are processed a CD can be made direct from the negatives. If the negatives are good, so would the digital version. Not 11x16 blowups, but easily 4x6s.

Second, bang for the buck, $10/camera seems like a much better deal for a once in a blue moon need. $200+ for a backup camera that only gets occasional use seems a little much. $50, I could see it as a back up emergency wet camera, but $200?

I certainly appreciate everyone's input on this... I really do. I like to hear all points of view.

---Paul

PrincessShmoo
04-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Not so sure about that.

Firstly, if, as PrincessShmoo suggests, it is her scanner that made the photos hazy, that implies the photos and associated negatives are better. If so, then when they are processed a CD can be made direct from the negatives. If the negatives are good, so would the digital version. Not 11x16 blowups, but easily 4x6s.

Second, bang for the buck, $10/camera seems like a much better deal for a once in a blue moon need. $200+ for a backup camera that only gets occasional use seems a little much. $50, I could see it as a back up emergency wet camera, but $200?

I certainly appreciate everyone's input on this... I really do. I like to hear all points of view.

---Paul

Yes, the actual pictures are much clearer than what I posted. Especially the ones not underwater. The underwater ones in comparison to the not underwater ones may be a bit hazier, but, I feel, still good pictures.

ScottJayhawk
04-05-2012, 06:52 PM
There are sub $120 options and you get 100s of pictures with digital, higher quality images, less hassles, no development costs, no transfer to cd costs.
Taking cost out of the equation for a moment which is superior?
Then do the math. How many times would you use a digital camera in the next 5-8 years, maybe longer?
How many waterproof portables would you buy and what is total investment would you have in those years and would the pictures be as good?

Lots to think about.

PrincessShmoo
04-05-2012, 06:56 PM
There are sub $120 options and you get 100s of pictures with digital, higher quality images, less hassles, no development costs, no transfer to cd costs.
Then do the math. How many times would you use a digital camera in the next 5-8 years, maybe longer?
How many waterproof portables would you buy and what is total investment would you have in those years and would the pictures be as good?

Lots to think about.

Well, since we've started cruising in 2008 (so 4 years) we've bought 2 waterproof cameras. Only for the specific excursions we were concerned about. At this rate it'll be a number of years before we spend enough to justify a pricier digital. We have a "good" digital camera(actually 2) and a point-and-shoot digital camera that work great for all our other needs.

psimon
04-05-2012, 07:42 PM

Lots to think about.

Well, I've been to WDW almost every year since 1986. when I wasn't there, I was either at DL or on the cruise. My last cruise was 2003. Since then, I haven't had a waterproof camera, just a really good digital.

Now that I am taking another cruise, I am interested in a water resistant camera.... but only because of the cruise. Otherwise I really haven't a need for a water resistant camera. So..... based on your calculations I would buy 2 or 3 of them, get them processed to disk and be done. I can get prints from digital for $0.08 each so prints certainly aren't much. If I spent $45 total I would be surprised.

So.... as infrequent water camera user I am convinced..... the waterproof Fuji is the way to go.

---Paul

psimon
04-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Well, since we've started cruising in 2008 (so 4 years) we've bought 2 waterproof cameras. Only for the specific excursions we were concerned about. At this rate it'll be a number of years before we spend enough to justify a pricier digital. We have a "good" digital camera(actually 2) and a point-and-shoot digital camera that work great for all our other needs.

:thumbsup2

3luv2travel
04-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Would you consider buying a used underwater digital camera on ebay? No, I'm not selling a camera but I have been watching for good used ones for a couple of months now.

I've used the Fujifilm disposable cameras with mixed results AND you never really know which shots you "got" until you get home. I love my "good" digital camera but I just can't justify spending over $100 for a camera that I might not use again for a few years....

Just a thought.....

psimon
04-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Would you consider buying a used underwater digital camera on ebay? No, I'm not selling a camera but I have been watching for good used ones for a couple of months now.

I've used the Fujifilm disposable cameras with mixed results AND you never really know which shots you "got" until you get home. I love my "good" digital camera but I just can't justify spending over $100 for a camera that I might not use again for a few years....

Just a thought.....

Buying on ebay is an option, but risky. Unless it is returnable I wouldn't get it. And then there is the issue of the seals.... unless you get it wet, how do you know it works... and if it doesn't, its now trash!

Cruise
04-05-2012, 09:48 PM

Lots to think about.

As I said in my previous post, I've yet to find a single one of the "waterproof" cameras on amazon that didn't have at least a couple of negative reviews about water leaking in and disabling the camera - sometimes on the first or second use. It does me no good to be on Castaway Cay with a camera that doesn't work. I'd rather take a couple of the disposables and be assured of getting some underwater pics.

And, as others have said, I don't snorkel every couple of weeks.. it's only on cruises. To invest in a camera that will sit in a drawer most of the time (and thus increasing its chances of other gaskets and seals getting dried out and cracking) just doesn't make sense.

I'm sure the digital underwater cameras make sense for some people. That doesn't mean they're the best choice for everyone.

Exactly. The pics I posted are from a photo CD that I loaded onto my computer. Every photo processing place offers a photo CD as an option now though I realize some people prefer paper prints. Especially the scrapbookers. :goodvibes

MrsMas
04-05-2012, 09:55 PM
We take our good camera and put it in an aquapac. I can't post links on here yet, but if you google aquapac, you will find their website. We took our camera snorkeling and to the dolphin encounter on Blue Lagoon Island. We got amazing pictures. I did a lot of research to make sure the aquapac was reliable. I would recommend it to anyone!

You can also find the aquapac group on flickr to see some of the amazing pictures taken while using one of the cases.

Thanks for posting. I found a waterproof case for my iPad. :)

As for the post, I bring two cameras. I like my waterproof camera & when I'm riding Aquaduck, the small light-weight waterproof camera is better for me then having a huge DSLR camera. ;)

I would say to be careful when looking into waterproof cameras. My Olympus Tough has been on 3 Disney cruises, been to the beach & pool hundreds of times & has been great. However, my sister had a Fuji waterproof & it did not get through 2 minutes of snorkeling. Water filled the camera & it took her a while to view the photos she did take. I felt so bad.

TinksDH
04-05-2012, 10:57 PM
I have a Nikon D300 DSLR and a fairly large kit that I take everywhere. I even took it to Castaway Cay in 2010, but was not too comfortable in using it near the water or in the sand. I don't have a decent point and shoot, so my quest last year was to find a good point and shoot that also is water proof. I wound up getting a Panasonic Lumix TS3 and was real pleased with it. Took it to WDW and the Keys last year for summer vacation. It worked great but UNFORTUNATELY it leaked!! However, Panasonic has a 1 year full warranty, and they sent me a new one no questions asked. So this year when we go to WDW and Vero Beach hopefully it won't leak!

The problem for me was that after shooting DSLRs for over 6 years, and getting used to that level of sharpness, low noise and lack of shutter lag, going to any point and shoot under $400 - $500 wasn't getting me the quality I wanted. Over the past 2 years the water proof point and shoots have improved dramatically in image quality, zoom range and noise reduction; the current quality you get from them is like what you could get from a good point and shoot 2 years ago, so I feel like I am compromising less. Plus it also shoots HD video, which is great to have both underwater and on the beach.

KSDisneyDad
04-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Just my two cents.

Camera choices are very personal. Some are okay with a disposable, others are not. I used a disposal on a trip to CC and was very disappointed with the colors and quality. It was absolutely horrible (fuzzy, not bright and to make matters worse, the film developer burned a hole in the negatives causing a burn mark on each picture).

So for me, a digital camera with the ability to control white balance, exposure, etc. is very helpful. A cloudy day is different than a sunny day. Underwater pictures may also need extra light or expsoure. Plus, I can take video with a digital. I have been very happy with the quality of my digital pictures compared to the disposable. YMMV

Yes, there is the risk that the camera will leak. I've had very good luck with our water-proof digital camera though (knocking on wood right now!)

As far as money, that's a personal decision. Why cruise Disney when you can cruise Carnival for less? Why stay in a verandah cabin when an inside room is less? Why spend $75 per person for Remy when the MDR is "free"? Why spend $499 on a cabana at CC when the family beach is free? Why spend $399 on a photo CD when you can use your own camera? Why fly when you can drive? Why buy a Canon 7D when you can buy a Rebel for $1,000 less? The list goes on and on. What choice is good for one is not for another. We all spend our money differently and knowing the pros and cons of each to make an informed decision is what this thread should be about, not trying to defend one camera vs another.

jetskigrl
04-06-2012, 10:19 AM
We bought our Canon D10 back in 2010 for our trip to WDW. That has been the best camera investment we have ever made. It is our go-to camera all the time now. It is durable and waterproof. It has spent many hours both in pools (completely submerged) and in the ocean. Never a single leak. And at the parks, I like being able to keep in the our bag without worrying about it getting wet on water rides, etc.

For our upcoming cruise, I will be taking my Canon Rebel (DSLR) and our Canon D10 along with my DS's Kodak Playsport (I think that is what it is called - also water proof).

DLW8
04-06-2012, 12:49 PM
I do a combination of cameras.

For the pool on the ship and at Castaway Cay- I use my regular "good" camera. i take LOTS of photos, so always want that with me.

For water excursions (like swimming with the dolphins or snorkeling) - I use my Kodak Playsport. It's a waterproof video camera which I have found is much easier underwater than a point and shoot camera. Then, when I download the videos, I can take a still shot from the video.

Chelley00
04-06-2012, 01:10 PM
We've used the disposable Fuji's , and once I got the D10, I realize I'll never go back. I love that the D10 takes video too.

Now, I also use it as my smaller camera if I dont want to lug the good camera around, and it's been on 2 cruises and beach/lake/pool/waterpark visits so I've gotten my money's worth out of it.

As for the leaking issue, ours is 4 years old and we've never had a problem, however I'm always careful about rinsing out the salt water by submerging it in regular water after we use it. It says that very clearly in the instructions and I've read numerous reviews where people complain about leakage and if someone asks them about rinsing or submerging in regular water after salt water, they haven't done it. I take a Ziploc bag and a bottle of water and put the camera in there while we are drying off and then dry the camera off. The only problem I've had with it is fogging from the temperature change between hot air and cold water and it drives me nuts! :)

Here are a few samples taken from our vacation this summer

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1d805b3127ccefd25c363a3df00000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1d805b3127ccefd2415e0837b00000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1d805b3127ccefd24c92b02ee00000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1d800b3127ccefd3f4979184a00000030O08Fasmzlu0B7e fBQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

scrapbookmomma74
04-06-2012, 01:26 PM
We bought a waterproof digital camera a couple of years ago. It is a Fuji WP, and it is lime green. It is the BEST point and shoot digital camera that I've ever had, and it was about $129!!! I carry it with me everywhere, in my purse, as it is small, and takes amazing pictures.
So, I recommend leaving the big guy away from the water! We have a Nikon D90 as well, and I find it a bit of a pain to lug around. We did set it up on a tripod last year at Bay Lake Tower, to catch firework shots, but I hated carrying it around. (And since my kids are bigger now, no more stroller to put it in...I MISS THE STROLLER!!!) lol
Here's an example of the great underwater shots we get with the Fuji:
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n526/scrapbookmomma74/FugiFridayTuesday104.jpg

Minniemiss
04-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Please define cheap! Also what camera is it?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

A disposable Fuji, about $12 .

LilGMom
04-08-2012, 03:12 PM
We have a nice point and shoot that I bought a little waterproof 'bag' type thing to use. Then DH convinced me he needed to buy a GoPro so that he could make videos while riding his motorcycle and the main selling point was that it comes in a waterproof case. So since it then went from a camera for just him to a camera for the family he just had to get it. :rolleyes: So we'll be taking the GoPro for the water pictures and my Sony for dry pictures.