PDA

View Full Version : DME and flying with someone who isn't staying on property?

tinker-belle
04-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Hi. Our family may be flying to disney & staying in a value resort (we've always taken the auto train until now so I'm not sure how DME works)- I understand we can use the DME. What happens, though if we are flying with one extra person- can he ride on the DME with us to our hotel where his friends will be picking him up?
TIA!

livndisney
04-02-2012, 06:20 PM
Hi. Our family may be flying to disney & staying in a value resort (we've always taken the auto train until now so I'm not sure how DME works)- I understand we can use the DME. What happens, though if we are flying with one extra person- can he ride on the DME with us to our hotel where his friends will be picking him up?
TIA!

No, DME is only for people registered to your room. Your friend will need to arrange transport from the airport. Mears runs a shuttle.

OldGrizzly57
04-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Only guests with reservations are allowed on DME.

Griz

sam_gordon
04-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Another option...

Put the friend on your reservation for one night. Then they are entitled to use DME.

BUT:
1) Look to see if there will be an extra fee for another adult in the room.
2) If you are getting the dining plan, you would need to pay for their dining plan for one night.
3) If you're on a package, you might have to purchase a park ticket for them (not sure).

tinker-belle
04-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Thanks all!
Can't put him on our reservation- our room is already full. Oh well. Thanks again!