PDA

View Full Version : just remind me about transport times.

daisyx3
03-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Just a couple of questions to remind myself about transportation times. It's been two years since our last trip and my short term memory is shot.
We are at BLT on our Epcot day....Epcot opens at 9...get down to monorail at 730 ish, take it to TTC, transfer to Epcot monorail.
We are at AKV for our studios day. Studios open at 8. Get to bus stop by 7.
Sound good? I am sick and haven't packed a thing, but at least I checked into BLT online already, printed out my garden grocer receipts and my ADRs, and bought a new memory card for my camera.
Daisyx3

jstarcze
03-31-2012, 08:14 PM
Sounds good for BLT to EPCOT via monorail. I've never stayed at AKV so I don't know the travel times from there. But from what I read on DIS busses can be crowded in the morning from AKV.

daisyx3
03-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Well we will be at Kidani, so at least Kidani gets picked up first, if that's the case. I am just one of those people who like to get there right at open and get one fastpass and standby the other biggies while I wait (and, of course, return during my allotted time!) Then I can relax and enjoy our other priorities, like the Muppets, the animation tour, and maybe Indiana Jones.
Daisyx3

amypetecar
04-04-2012, 11:45 PM
I didn't make it to rope drop during my visit at BLT, however 730 may be too early. I spent a decent amount of time on my balcony watching the monorails and boats warm up in the morning, and i don't really remember anything running before about 8am or so.

I could be dead wrong on the time, so please, other posters chime in if I'm off base. You may just want to ask the monorail crew what time they start the day before.

Anal Annie
04-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Just got back last night from a week at BLT...it was a really crowded week with spring break but I would say an hour to get to Epcot should be OK..the Epcot bag check area is very congested at opening. I would guess under normal park crowds that an hour to get to Epcot would be sufficient if your goal is to be one of the first ones IN the park. The monorail runs a lot more efficiently than the buses. We seem to always "just miss" a bus and have to wait 20 min. OR SO for the next one whenever we travel by bus. I would guess that you'd need to allow more time for your bus travels than your monorail trips.

disneynutz
04-06-2012, 06:25 AM
Sorry I can't help you. We usually sleep in and don't do rope drops anymore.