PDA

View Full Version : Need Towncar Service

piglet33
03-30-2012, 01:33 PM
I am looking at getting a towncar service to pick us up at Hyatt MCO to Port to Dolphin and then back to MCO. The stories that I read on the cruise board about Happy Limo are making me nervous. Has anyone here used them? What are your thoughts?

What about Florida Tours?

I got price quotes from both, and there's not a big price difference but I would like to see what people have to say about them (or any others). The price I was quoted for HL is $320 plus tip and $291 plus tip from Florida Tours.

I was going to get a car rental but then I have to pay for parking at the Port that would cost $120 plus the car rental cost. I'm just weighing my options right now for the most convenient and cost efficient way to go.

Any opinions??

Thanks!

Krissalee
04-01-2012, 12:18 AM
While I've never gone to the cruise port, I have used FL Tours over a half dozen times for round trip town car service from the airport to the Disney Resorts and back to the airport. I had very good experiences. Prompt, professional drivers, clean cars. I really like to utilize the complimentary grocery store stop on the way to the resort to purchase a case of bottled water, breakfast items, beer/wine for the room.

chellt
04-01-2012, 04:20 PM
I am looking at getting a towncar service to pick us up at Hyatt MCO to Port to Dolphin and then back to MCO. The stories that I read on the cruise board about Happy Limo are making me nervous. Has anyone here used them? What are your thoughts?

What about Florida Tours?

I got price quotes from both, and there's not a big price difference but I would like to see what people have to say about them (or any others). The price I was quoted for HL is $320 plus tip and $291 plus tip from Florida Tours.

I was going to get a car rental but then I have to pay for parking at the Port that would cost $120 plus the car rental cost. I'm just weighing my options right now for the most convenient and cost efficient way to go.

Any opinions??

Thanks!

We used Ed Koragan. He was on time, vehicle was clean, gave us a grocery stop, and price was reasonable.

mazoo77
04-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Another vote for Ed Korgan. We used him on our last trip and would not hesitate to use him again. He was on time, courteous, reasonably priced and included a grocery stop.

He even went out of his way and made an additional stop when the Walmart wouldn't sell us alcohol before 9:00 am. No, we didn't plan on partying that early but wanted to pick up some drinks before checking into our hotel.

He is a great guy and you should drop him a line for more info.

Joanie

aubriee
04-05-2012, 02:59 AM
We used Ed Koragan. He was on time, vehicle was clean, gave us a grocery stop, and price was reasonable.

Another vote for Ed Korgan. We used him on our last trip and would not hesitate to use him again. He was on time, courteous, reasonably priced and included a grocery stop.

He even went out of his way and made an additional stop when the Walmart wouldn't sell us alcohol before 9:00 am. No, we didn't plan on partying that early but wanted to pick up some drinks before checking into our hotel.

He is a great guy and you should drop him a line for more info.

Joanie

I agree with these two posts! I used Ed Korgan to get from MCO to Universal and back to the airport a couple of years ago. Highly recommend him! He was friendly, professional, on time both ways, reasonably priced, offered the grocery stop at Publix. When getting my groceries out, I accidentally dropped a small bag of granola in the back of his suburban. I just assumed I left it at Publix and didn't give it another thought. However, the next day when I got back from the parks I found it taped up in a bag, on my bed at Royal Pacific. Ed had made a special trip over there just to drop it off.

(Plus he's a member of the DIS boards here, although I haven't seen him on the boards lately:rotfl:). Here's his contact: http://taxi-mco.com/Drivers/Edward%20A.%20Korgan%20Jr.htm Give him a call. I found him much cheaper than the other car companies too.

I've never used him, but another driver that gets good reviews here on the DIS is Martin Faynik. His number is 407-291-4200. I believe he also offers a grocery stop. You might want to call him for a quote.

goofy4tink
04-05-2012, 06:33 AM
I can recommend Ed Korgan as well. I've used his services many times in the past. He is reliable and very easy to work with.

DiznyMagic
04-05-2012, 08:21 AM

Hi what did you hear about HL? I had read good things about them and was actually thinking of going with them? I did reach out to Ed after the great reviews here so we will see what he quotes us.

piglet33
04-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Thank you very much everyone. I'm going to look into Ed Korgan. I never heard of him before so I'm glad I posted this.

piglet33
04-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Hi what did you hear about HL? I had read good things about them and was actually thinking of going with them? I did reach out to Ed after the great reviews here so we will see what he quotes us.

There are some threads on here about them with some good but mostly bad reviews. I used them once and had a not so good experience so I wanted to see if they changed, and obviously they haven't. If you do a search on the transportation and cruise boards, you'll find the info. I'll see if I can find the ones I read.

Thanks again everyone.

piglet33
07-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I wound up booking with Florida Towncar Services, because I got a pretty good rate to go to Port Canaveral from MCO and then from Port Canaveral to the Dolphin. I also booked a car rental for $50 for the day we're leaving, because we're meeting friends. Picking it up at the Dolphin and dropping it off at MCO.