PDA

View Full Version : December 2012 Car Rentals

Pages : [1] 2 3

piglet33
03-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Has anyone found any car rental codes for December 2012? I'm looking to pick up on Dec. 1 and return on Dec. 9.

Thanks!

mmouse50
03-31-2012, 09:13 AM
I have rented a car from National with the KLM Flying Blue code 8572130 for a midsize 12/9 thru 12/16 for 221.16. - I signed up with the Flying Blue frequent flyer program on the KLM site - it is free. There has been a number of people on this board that has use the code and haven't had any problems.

The only downside that I have heard of is that you can't make changes or cancel the reservation on the website - you actually have to call the National to change it or cancel the reservation.

If you are an Emerald Club member(you can sign up off the link on Mousesavers - its free also) you can walk straight out and pick up your car off the Emerald aisle.

webworm
03-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Has anyone found any car rental codes for December 2012? I'm looking to pick up on Dec. 1 and return on Dec. 9.

Thanks!

Check expedia.ca for rates. US resident can book as well and if you cancel will get a refund within 24hrs.

maciec
04-01-2012, 12:54 AM
If you are looking for a minivan I just booked mine with Budget using x474200. Comes to just under $300. It's the same rate I had last October and could never find anything better. There is also a coupon that is currently expired, but it's been around since last year and every so often they will extend the expiration to get you another $20 or $25 off.

KBecks
05-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi Everyone, thanks for the info, I will start looking for a good deal for our upcoming trip 12/8 through 12/17. Thanks for the leads on codes!

Psychodisney
05-06-2012, 09:00 PM
If you are looking for a minivan I just booked mine with Budget using x474200. Comes to just under $300. It's the same rate I had last October and could never find anything better. There is also a coupon that is currently expired, but it's been around since last year and every so often they will extend the expiration to get you another $20 or $25 off.

Where is that code from? It sure is a great deal! Is it OK to use?

maciec
05-06-2012, 09:56 PM
It's a public code from Travelocity. It is perfectly fine to use. There is a huge thread about the code and all of the people that have rented with it. People keep calling and they keep getting told the same thing - you can use it. You can use it going through Travelocity or Budget it doesn't matter and it gives you the same rate.

Psychodisney
05-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks!

Tunseeker1
05-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Anything new for codes? I am looking at dec 19-jan

JessLCH
05-17-2012, 10:15 AM

Thank you for this code! Saves a bundle for a minivan for our Thanksgiving trip! Is this a code that we need any proof of anything for? I googled it and it looks like a travelocity code. Is it okay to use without booking on travelocity?

maciec
05-17-2012, 10:21 AM
Safe to use. You can use it directly on Budgets site or through Travelocity. I booked using it on Budgets site and it didn't matter. You get the same rate either way.

JessLCH
05-17-2012, 12:38 PM

This really is an amazing code, not just for MCO. Used it for a 2013 trip to Maui and got a great rate there too!

mae5731
05-22-2012, 05:03 PM

Do you know off hand (or maybe have the confirmation email handy) what the cancellation/reservation change policy is? Seems like a good deal, but darn it's early to be booking a car:rotfl: We're going 8th-15th.

maciec
05-22-2012, 06:19 PM
I have cancelled up to 24hrs prior to arrival with no penalty with Budget. I keep trying with Priceline for a better deal up until then.

mae5731
05-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks! Standard SUV $225 with tax comes to $302. Now I have the next six months to play the beat this price game :lmao:

maciec
05-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Thanks! Standard SUV $225 with tax comes to $302. Now I have the next six months to play the beat this price game :lmao:

I'm right there with you! Oh the coupon I was talking about is MUGZ001. It's not one you need to print either. It's from BJs. They will take it off when you return the vehicle.

encinc
06-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Anyone found any good deals lately? I'm looking for a one-way rental between MCO and RSW (we're spending a week on the beach after our DIS vacation) in mid-December. The rates are WAY higher than I've ever seen before. I currently have a reservation with Budget for $676 for the 15 day rental for a compact car (using a Costco code) from December 6 to 21. I'd budgeted $500. Unless things change, we'll be pinching our pennies to pay for the rental car.

piglet33
06-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Anyone found any good deals lately? I'm looking for a one-way rental between MCO and RSW (we're spending a week on the beach after our DIS vacation) in mid-December. The rates are WAY higher than I've ever seen before. I currently have a reservation with Budget for $676 for the 15 day rental for a compact car (using a Costco code) from December 6 to 21. I'd budgeted $500. Unless things change, we'll be pinching our pennies to pay for the rental car.

I haven't found anything remotely reasonable. So far most of the coupons end on June 30 so I'm hoping that something comes out soon that will include the end of the year. I have some options that I'm looking at, because we're flying down late on Nov. 30 but staying at the MCO Hyatt. The next day we're heading to the Port for our Disney Cruise and then heading to the Dolphin for Dec. 8. Last year it wound up being so much cheaper for me to have the car rental the whole time we were on the cruise and pay for parking than to split it up. I just hope we find some good deal someplace. We're probably going to use our Visa Check Card so Alamo is the best option for us, because of that.

Good luck. Hope you find something.

formill
06-11-2012, 08:31 PM
So far we have a mini van with Budget using BCD X474200 for 15 days Dec 21-Jan5 for $701 taxes included. That's slightly higher then what we paid last year. Hoping it will come down will keep checking! We need a car for 7 days during that time as well-we can pick up and return in Kissimmee- I was getting prices for a compact car with Budget for $162(plus taxes) a week through car rental savers but now that same car is $445 for the week- there is an SUV for $242. It is crazy how much the prices change day to day hour to hour.

skeeter31
06-12-2012, 08:22 AM
I know it's still WAY too early to start booking cars for December, but I got my "just in case" reservation with Alamo the other day. We're going for a 3 night long weekend 12/13-12/16 and I was able to get a convertible from Alamo for $201 total. Still $100 more than my weeklong standard rental during Memorial Day, but for a convertible it's pretty good.

I'm sure I'll change the reservation about 45 times between now and 12/13 though! :lmao:

piglet33
06-12-2012, 09:41 AM
I know it's still WAY too early to start booking cars for December, but I got my "just in case" reservation with Alamo the other day. We're going for a 3 night long weekend 12/13-12/16 and I was able to get a convertible from Alamo for $201 total. Still $100 more than my weeklong standard rental during Memorial Day, but for a convertible it's pretty good.

I'm sure I'll change the reservation about 45 times between now and 12/13 though! :lmao:

Actually, it's not early at all. Last year I had my car rental booked in March for our December trip. This year, none of them have any good deals yet.

mae5731
06-12-2012, 12:43 PM

That's me.... Heck I changed it 5 minutes after I reserved initally to add a coupon! Change 1 in the books and reservation wasn't even an hour old :lmao:

Southernswthrt
07-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Subscribing to this thread for our December 8-15 trip. Will be needing a minivan and a car, probably standard or mid-size unless I can get a great deal.

Reading through the July 2012 Rental Car thread, I am shocked at the high rates and sure hope they come down again for December.

Anyone with experiences with Budget? I've only rented from Alamo/National and would prefer to continue but will be willing to change if the price is right! Do you get to pick your own car? Is it as easy as Alamo/National?

Southernswthrt
07-07-2012, 03:26 PM
OK - so I've made 2 reservations as a starting point (knowing I'm waaaayy too early)!

Alamo - Full size Crossover - $392.05 Using Insiders ID and $35 AA coupon OUCH :confused3

National - MidSize Emerald Aisle - $223.94 Using the dreaded KLM code - still not sure about this, but I did sign up for Flying Blue. Hoping to hear more experiences with the code and whether anyone else was ever charged the balance. By far the best price right now, but if I can get something better with a different code, I'll switch.

So let the car rental games begin...LOL:drive:

maciec
07-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Subscribing to this thread for our December 8-15 trip. Will be needing a minivan and a car, probably standard or mid-size unless I can get a great deal.

Reading through the July 2012 Rental Car thread, I am shocked at the high rates and sure hope they come down again for December.

Anyone with experiences with Budget? I've only rented from Alamo/National and would prefer to continue but will be willing to change if the price is right! Do you get to pick your own car? Is it as easy as Alamo/National?

We used Budget last year and it was fine. I used the X475200 and MUGZ001 coupon and my rate for a mini an for the week (Satuday-Friday) was $269. It couldn't be beat. We got a beautiful silver Town & Country. While I didn't get to pick my car per say he did give me the choice between the T&C and a Nissan.

We are renting a van for the same rate in December. No one can come close to their price for a van

phins_jazy
07-10-2012, 10:22 AM

I just used this code and it saved me $686 on two minivan rentals over christmas and new years! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Destructsean
07-10-2012, 04:01 PM
I used Priceline for our Disney vacation last January, and I'm thinking I'll just use it again.

We needed the most basic of economy cars and ended up getting one for $14 a day.

Are there any deals that come out better than that?

It was $189 for 8 days, total.

piglet33
07-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I used Priceline for our Disney vacation last January, and I'm thinking I'll just use it again.

We needed the most basic of economy cars and ended up getting one for $14 a day.

Are there any deals that come out better than that?

It was $189 for 8 days, total.

Last Nov/Dec, I used a Costco code and coupon and got a midsize for 10 days for $215. I can't find anything even close to that for this year.

Destructsean
07-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Last Nov/Dec, I used a Costco code and coupon and got a midsize for 10 days for $215. I can't find anything even close to that for this year.

Last year I booked the car on 11/16 for a pick up date of 01/09. I'm thinking I'll wait and try my luck again as we get closer.

candielips
07-10-2012, 07:47 PM
I am so glad I came over here. I used the x474200 code and got a much better rate.
I got a minivan from Dec 28 to Jan 12 for $495 plus taxes. I am still not sure how the taxes make it come up to $640????? :confused3:confused3

taaren
07-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Subbing since I'm hoping to have a car from Dec 9-14 but picking up (and probably returning) either at the Car Care Center or the Dolphin since we're staying BWV.

I've reserved my car with Alamo from the Dolphin to Port Canaveral for $40, and returning from Port to Dolphin for $45 but keeping it more days was an additional $45 a day which just seems too high to me. What is a good weekly rate for early December for an economy/compact? (There's only 3A, 1C for this part of our trip.)

I figure if I can't find anything reasonable for those days we'll be okay walking to two parks and taking buses/taxis to the others, but it would be nice if we could find a decent rate ...

piglet33
07-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Subbing since I'm hoping to have a car from Dec 9-14 but picking up (and probably returning) either at the Car Care Center or the Dolphin since we're staying BWV.

I've reserved my car with Alamo from the Dolphin to Port Canaveral for $40, and returning from Port to Dolphin for $45 but keeping it more days was an additional $45 a day which just seems too high to me. What is a good weekly rate for early December for an economy/compact? (There's only 3A, 1C for this part of our trip.)

I figure if I can't find anything reasonable for those days we'll be okay walking to two parks and taking buses/taxis to the others, but it would be nice if we could find a decent rate ...

How are you getting from Alamo to Port Canaveral when you drop off the car? When I called, they told me they don't have a shuttle to drop off and pick up at Port Canaveral.

Right now, I'm picking up Alamo at the Dolphin and dropping it off at MCO for $48 using the Costco rate and a towncar to bring us to Port Canaveral from the MCO Hyatt and then from Port Canaveral to the Dolphin for $200. I'd love to get something cheaper than that.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
07-12-2012, 10:32 AM
I will be watching along with the rest of you. We will need a car from December 23rd - 30th inclusive.

Booked this morning via Budget (using code X474200 and coupon UUWX020 for a free single upgrade), and got an intermediate (which will be upgraded to a full size....I think that's the next category up?) for $279.41 taxes included.

The price isn't great (our August one week rental is currently sitting at $143 all in for a full size) but it might be as good as it will get when our trip falls over the busy holiday season.

MondaysChild
07-12-2012, 11:03 AM
We have an intermediate level booked 22-29 with fox for $226 total for the week.(booked that a long time ago using carrentalsavers). I am a little nervous about using fox though as they are not onsite and they don't have a great rep. So now I am looking to find a cheap rental downtown just the 25-29th or a replacement for the fox. So far the best I can find is using budget from downtown Disney. $170 for an intermediate, ends up being $215 with tax...not that great, considering 10 more gets us the week..budget onsite for the week from mco is about $267 for our dates.

I have a $200 price point in my head that I don't want to go over for a weekly rental. Would love to get the midweek rental down to $125. 5 months to keep looking!

taaren
07-12-2012, 01:51 PM
How are you getting from Alamo to Port Canaveral when you drop off the car? When I called, they told me they don't have a shuttle to drop off and pick up at Port Canaveral.

Right now, I'm picking up Alamo at the Dolphin and dropping it off at MCO for $48 using the Costco rate and a towncar to bring us to Port Canaveral from the MCO Hyatt and then from Port Canaveral to the Dolphin for $200. I'd love to get something cheaper than that.
I'll double check but Alamo has a Port Canaveral location ... the drop off I'm taking the car to is at
CAPE CANAVERAL_ALAMO (COIC76)
6211 N ATLANTIC AVE
CPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920
I think I read on another thread (on one of the DVC boards), that someone said they did this and it was actually an Enterprise drop location that they share with Alamo, and Enterprise takes the cruisers dropping the car off to the port ... I'll call Alamo sometime and make sure though, because otherwise I'll go with National since they also have pick up at WDW and drop off at Port Canaveral and their rates were similar on carrentals.com.
Which location did you talk to? The MCO Alamo? I usually rent from Enterprise but they don't have a pick-up on property at DisneyWorld, so that's the only reason I booked with Alamo.

piglet33
07-12-2012, 01:55 PM
I'll double check but Alamo has a Port Canaveral location ... the drop off I'm taking the car to is at
CAPE CANAVERAL_ALAMO (COIC76)
6211 N ATLANTIC AVE
CPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920
I think I read on another thread (on one of the DVC boards), that someone said they did this and it was actually an Enterprise drop location that they share with Alamo, and Enterprise takes the cruisers dropping the car off to the port ... I'll call Alamo sometime and make sure though, because otherwise I'll go with National since they also have pick up at WDW and drop off at Port Canaveral and their rates were similar on carrentals.com.
Which location did you talk to? The MCO Alamo? I usually rent from Enterprise but they don't have a pick-up on property at DisneyWorld, so that's the only reason I booked with Alamo.

You better call and check, because that is the location I called and was told they do not pick up or drop off at Port Canaveral. Good Luck!

jbdisneymom13
07-12-2012, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE=Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina;45458330]I will be watching along with the rest of you. We will need a car from December 23rd - 30th inclusive.

Booked this morning via Budget (using code X474200 and coupon UUWX020 for a free single upgrade), and got an intermediate (which will be upgraded to a full size....I think that's the next category up?) for $279.41 taxes included.
QUOTE]

This code is showing me a much lower price than any I've been able to find for our Dec dates. Where is this from? Any restrictions I need to be concerned about??

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
07-12-2012, 03:22 PM
This code is showing me a much lower price than any I've been able to find for our Dec dates. Where is this from? Any restrictions I need to be concerned about??

Its a Travelocity public code. You might find this thread helpful:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2387874&highlight=budget+x474200

:goodvibes

JLa01844
07-16-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm going to need some help! The cheapest I could find came out to be $366(Ford Focus)! That's with a discount code and coupon code applied! Anyone??!!! Last time I went was February 2011 and I paid $140 for 5 days including all taxes and fees!

Pick up MCO 12/2 10am, Drop Off MCO 12/10 5:00pm

My2Qtz0205
07-17-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm going to need some help! The cheapest I could find came out to be $366(Ford Focus)! That's with a discount code and coupon code applied! Anyone??!!! Last time I went was February 2011 and I paid $140 for 5 days including all taxes and fees!

Pick up MCO 12/2 10am, Drop Off MCO 12/10 5:00pm

I'm still going to wait a while. We still have time.

Destructsean
07-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Just did a random Kayak search and got this:

Pick-Up Location:
ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (MCO)
2704 JETPORT DRIVE
ORLANDO, FL 32827

Drop-Off Location:
ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (MCO)
2704 JETPORT DRIVE
ORLANDO, FL 32827

Pick-Up Date/Time: Sunday, December 2, 9:00 PM
Drop-Off Date/Time: Friday, December 14, 5:00 PM

Vehicle Type: Economy

Features: Automatic, Air Conditioning, Unlimited Mileage

1 Week @ $112.50/week
5 Days @ $15.41/day = $189.55
Estimated Taxes and Fees: $66.07
TOTAL ESTIMATED CHARGES: $255.62

I booked it. :thumbsup2

If something cheaper comes up, great, if not, that's not too shabby IMO.

mzozzietj
07-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Subbing as well. We initially planned our trip for March but Jetblue just started service from PVD and with it offered crazy cheap airfare ($75/each way) sooooo back to the drawing board on dining ressies and finding a car rental :)

We'll be looking for anything from 12/1 to 12/9, not picky on size since it's just 3 of us.

On previous trips I remember changing our car reservations multiple times a day sometimes... oh the joys of bargain hunting! :cool1:

DiznyDi
07-23-2012, 09:43 PM
subscribing

nascargirl
07-25-2012, 10:08 AM
We are renting with Alamo 12/6-10th. We usually rent a full size vehicle but somehow as of now a convertible is so much cheaper. I am using the Alamo Insiders rate.

Destructsean
07-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Does anyone have any prior experience with FOX rental car?

The reviews I've read online are atrocious!

Dan Murphy
08-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Don't forget this thread/code....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2878667

mzozzietj
08-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Don't forget this thread/code....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2878667

Thanks for the tip, I booked with the other KLM code and it worked but I'm holding out hope for a coupon code that I can stack. All the codes I can find right now seem to expire on 9/15 or 9/30.

leo711
08-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I have rented a car from National with the KLM Flying Blue code 8572130 for a midsize 12/9 thru 12/16 for 221.16. - I signed up with the Flying Blue frequent flyer program on the KLM site - it is free. There has been a number of people on this board that has use the code and haven't had any problems.

The only downside that I have heard of is that you can't make changes or cancel the reservation on the website - you actually have to call the National to change it or cancel the reservation.

If you are an Emerald Club member(you can sign up off the link on Mousesavers - its free also) you can walk straight out and pick up your car off the Emerald aisle.

I just booked a minivan for 12/7-12/15 for $404.20 using the KLM and Emerald club. I signed up for the KLM frequent flyer on the KLM site as above.

The price is $12 less than the Budget price with the x474200and coupon MUWZ003.

-I have had only good experiences with National in Orlando

- I won't have to go to the counter.

-I can also add the weekly discount code when is is available for December tright now expires 9/15/12)

:cool1: :banana:

shoes99
08-12-2012, 12:38 PM
National at the Car Care Center, 11/30 to 12/7, 7 nights midsize using 5007160 and ND3Z33ZDE $30 BJ'S code, $215.75 total. It should go lower as we get closer to December.
Michele

JLa01844
08-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Just repriced a Compact car through Budget using BCD x474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029. Ends up being $317 with taxes and fees ($234 before)...should I book or will this rate come down??

encinc
08-14-2012, 05:34 AM
Just repriced a Compact car through Budget using BCD x474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029. Ends up being $317 with taxes and fees ($234 before)...should I book or will this rate come down??

What are your dates? It's hard to say if that's a good price without the dates / length of rental. That said, if you're OK with the price, I'd book it for now, and the keep watching to see if prices go down. That's the thing with car rentals - they don't take a prepayment, so it's easy to rebook if you find a cheaper rate.

SAT887
08-14-2012, 07:16 AM

I think prices are high.... Also have you checked hotwire? They have a trip watcher option that tells you when prices dropped (Semi kicking myself for when a compact was 12.95 a day a few weeks ago) However you do you have to pay up front....

singoldsby
08-24-2012, 10:31 AM
subscribing

keliblue
08-24-2012, 10:38 AM
:surfweb: jumping in, this will be out 4th trip to WDW in Dec. (1 or 2nd week) and I don't usually book a car until 4 to 6 weeks prior when the rates start to drop.

iluveeyore
08-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Subbing - we need rental to drive down from Buffalo Dec. 30-Jan.9, might fly down and drive home or vice versa depending on rates - have a good car to drive but DH wants an SUV in case we come across some winter weather

hsmamato2
08-28-2012, 10:12 AM
I just found a rate with ez rent a car in terminal dec. 7-16- total cost w/ fees is 228.60- anyone know if they are ok to rent from? not sure If I want the car the entire time though..... by the time we pay for a couple of shuttle rides for 4 people,this is cheaper.....e-z- rent opinions?

robinb
08-28-2012, 11:01 AM
I just found a rate with ez rent a car in terminal dec. 7-16- total cost w/ fees is 228.60- anyone know if they are ok to rent from? not sure If I want the car the entire time though..... by the time we pay for a couple of shuttle rides for 4 people,this is cheaper.....e-z- rent opinions?Why would you pay for a shuttle ride? IIRC, EZ Rent-A-Car is in the terminal. In any case, the shuttle to car rental places is free. I would search here for reports. Here is a recent thread on them: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2911242 .

jessrose18
09-04-2012, 04:55 PM
subscribing...have a few ok rates held from budget and alamo waiting for better :)

LaurenT
09-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Why would you pay for a shuttle ride? IIRC, EZ Rent-A-Car is in the terminal. In any case, the shuttle to car rental places is free. I would search here for reports. Here is a recent thread on them: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2911242 .

I think she's referring to the airport shuttle to her hotel (ie: Mears) as opposed to renting a car.
We were at the Dolphin a few weeks ago and went with Ed Korgan. $110 round trip for a big suv with a grocery stop. Would use him again in a heartbeat.

hsmamato2
09-06-2012, 09:06 AM
I think she's referring to the airport shuttle to her hotel (ie: Mears) as opposed to renting a car.

yes..sorry for the confusion...:thumbsup2 my kids actually prefer disney transport (I know,crazy) to a car.... but b/c we are going to Universal first,then heading to Disney, we can't do ME on the way in,need a car for a couple of days,or pay for shuttle from MCO-UNI then UNI-WDW.....
thats about the cost of a 10 day rental...... I'd like to rent for just a couple of days,drop at Dolphin,and be done with the car.....

robinb
09-06-2012, 09:50 AM
yes..sorry for the confusion...:thumbsup2 my kids actually prefer disney transport (I know,crazy) to a car.... but b/c we are going to Universal first,then heading to Disney, we can't do ME on the way in,need a car for a couple of days,or pay for shuttle from MCO-UNI then UNI-WDW.....
thats about the cost of a 10 day rental...... I'd like to rent for just a couple of days,drop at Dolphin,and be done with the car.....The shuttle from MCO to Universal and then from Universal to WDW is the same as a rental car for your whole time? Renting a car would be a no brainer for me! Even if you don't use the car the whole time it's worth it for a grocery stop or two. Another thing you can do is rent the car from MCO for your time at Universal and return it to MCO and ride ME to your WDW resort.

mzozzietj
09-07-2012, 12:09 PM
I wanted to share since most rates for my early December dates have been over $300.

Budget has a special for $119/week right now through December 15: https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/deals/wendie.html?&ICID=homepage_billboard&IID=wendie_08_2012

Hope it helps someone else!
-Stacey

encinc
09-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I wanted to share since most rates for my early December dates have been over $300.

Budget has a special for $119/week right now through December 15: https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/deals/wendie.html?&ICID=homepage_billboard&IID=wendie_08_2012

-Stacey

Those are great rates! Sold out for our early December dates, but I'm hoping this is a sign of lower rates to come.

LorieR
09-07-2012, 02:32 PM

-Stacey

Thank you!! I had a car reserved for 12/11 with Dollar that came to $279.54 and just reserved with Budget using the code you posted for $210.49!!! Happy to save almost $70 now but hoping for an even lower rate as we get closer!

maciec
09-07-2012, 10:53 PM

-Stacey

Thanks for sharing!

rachdd
09-08-2012, 12:17 AM

-Stacey

Thanks so much for posting this!!:thumbsup2 I was able to upgrade to an intermediate SUV and save $77!! Keep the deals coming!!

MondaysChild
09-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Hope this means late December sales are on the horizon! I have a rental reserved with fox, but I don't trust them. They won't even answer my call. So it's going to be magical express for us unless we can get our rental under $200! Have a great trip everyone!

JLa01844
09-09-2012, 11:52 AM
If anyone comes across any further deals for early December I am having a heck of a time finding something reasonable. It's just 2 adults + 1 toddler so even economy would suffice.

shoes99
09-09-2012, 12:38 PM
National at the Car Care Center, 11/30 to 12/7, 7 nights midsize using 5007160 and ND3Z33ZDE $30 BJ'S code, $215.75 total. It should go lower as we get closer to December.
Michele

If anyone comes across any further deals for early December I am having a heck of a time finding something reasonable. It's just 2 adults + 1 toddler so even economy would suffice.

Some folks are using 857210 KLM code to get the rate down from $214.75 to $191.99 for a week for a midsize. I'm sticking with my 5007160 CoUa one pass code for now but will keep checking as we get closer.

VikingInMouseEars
09-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Those are great rates! Sold out for our early December dates, but I'm hoping this is a sign of lower rates to come.

Keep checking, last night I had no trouble booking the mid-sized SUV for the first 2 weeks in Dec.

JLa01844
09-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Some folks are using 857210 KLM code to get the rate down from $214.75 to $191.99 for a week for a midsize. I'm sticking with my 5007160 CoUa one pass code for now but will keep checking as we get closer.

THANK YOU. What company are those codes good for? I may give them a whirl. The budget link finally updated with discounted pricing for me I ended up getting 12/1 - 12/9 for $242 with taxes & fees included. ($167 before texes and fees) But I'd like to see if that number can be brought down just a little more :)

shoes99
09-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Michele

THANK YOU. What company are those codes good for? I may give them a whirl. The budget link finally updated with discounted pricing for me I ended up getting 12/1 - 12/9 for $242 with taxes & fees included. ($167 before texes and fees) But I'd like to see if that number can be brought down just a little more :)

Coupon ND3Z33ZDE $30 off, from BJ's website
There is another coupon for $35 off ND8578ADT from Natl but only goes up to Sept, it should be extended for Nat'l Emerald Club members soon.

Contract 5007160 Continental/United OnePass FF Member
or
Contract 8572130 KLM Intl FF Member

keliblue
09-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Bump :cool1: time to start rock'in December deals

mzozzietj
09-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Bump :cool1: time to start rock'in December deals

I agree, I need some rates that'll get me under $200 or I'm going to be fighting with the hubby over taking shuttles! lol

Dan Murphy
09-21-2012, 12:22 PM
I have a Dollar (will be first time I have not used Alamo/National in about 40 trips, if they stay so high) for $201 for 8 days using their special city discount. Full size Taurus, which is like a premium, or similar.

taaren
09-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Question ... would any of these codes be good if one is trying to rent in Lake Buena Vista?

I want to take ME and shuttles for the first 6 days of my trip (since we have 8 people and a van would be prohibitive, plus we're staying at BLT so easy access to 2 main parks), then for the next 8 days I'd like to rent in DisneyWorld, and return in DisneyWorld. Hoping to get an economy for under $200 for 8 or 9 days 12/5-12/13-14.

Or are most of these codes only for MCO rentals?

jgraney106
09-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Question ... would any of these codes be good if one is trying to rent in Lake Buena Vista?

I want to take ME and shuttles for the first 6 days of my trip (since we have 8 people and a van would be prohibitive, plus we're staying at BLT so easy access to 2 main parks), then for the next 8 days I'd like to rent in DisneyWorld, and return in DisneyWorld. Hoping to get an economy for under $200 for 8 or 9 days 12/5-12/13-14.

Not sure about any codes, but you can rent a compact thru standard size for under $200 with Dollar right now ,for the dates of Dec 5th through the 13th. Dollar has a location near Downtown Disney, in one of the hotels called Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort. Just start typing Wyndham in the location box and it shows up. It's within a short walking distance across the street from Downtown Disney.

SAT887
09-21-2012, 09:56 PM

I used the budget promo code for Tampa and Orlando (the $119 a week promo came to about $220 with all taxes and fees for 8 days, 238 for a mud size SUV at MCO) I also noticed enterprise seems to drop their rates considerably about a week out. Which in the long run I am hoping for because I liked their cars best, but the bottom line always wins!

hsmamato2
09-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Not sure about any codes, but you can rent a compact thru standard size for under $200 with Dollar right now ,for the dates of Dec 5th through the 13th. Dollar has a location near Downtown Disney, in one of the hotels called Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort. Just start typing Wyndham in the location box and it shows up. It's within a short walking distance across the street from Downtown Disney.

WOW! Thanks for the heads up! I just booked a mid size at Dollar,no codes,for 91.00 per week! dates Dec7-16 - total cost is 198.00 w/fees(hate fees)
but good price! (had to pay for '3' extra days,as p/u is early,return is late)
still a very good price!

hsmamato2
09-22-2012, 10:24 AM
...or....as usual I'm waffling;) I can rent a car for the 2 days we actually NEED it...then return in LBV for 73.00...and take the bus back to airport later in the week...... saving even more for buying souvenirs! anyway,doallr has some good rates right now!

taaren
09-22-2012, 03:06 PM
I used the budget promo code for Tampa and Orlando (the $119 a week promo came to about $220 with all taxes and fees for 8 days, 238 for a mud size SUV at MCO) I also noticed enterprise seems to drop their rates considerably about a week out. Which in the long run I am hoping for because I liked their cars best, but the bottom line always wins!
I'm hoping this will happen too. I rent from Enterprise about 80% of the time, always get great customer service and good cars, but sometimes their prices are just too high and I have to go with Fox. I may just make a reservation for Enterprise for $250 for my 8 days then keep an eye on the price and add a Discover $40 off coupon later.

taaren
09-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Very cool, thanks. I'm still hoping Enterprise will come out with a better rate, but I managed to book a midsize for right around $200 (the compact was only $6 less). This means I'm getting the car for the whole week for the price of 2 Disney Transfers to port and back to WDW for my family of 3. :thumbsup2 Paying for parking at Port Canaveral is well worth having the car for the other 5 days, and it seems to be cheaper and less hassle than renting a car with a drop off in each direction, oddly.

Man those fees in Florida are killer. Other than airport fees, I don't see fees nearly doubling the price when I rent cars in California every month or two. Or maybe I'm just used to Enterprise including it in the price quotes.

kimntrent
09-22-2012, 03:49 PM
I just booked a minivan for 12/7-12/15 for $404.20 using the KLM and Emerald club. I signed up for the KLM frequent flyer on the KLM site as above.

The price is $12 less than the Budget price with the x474200and coupon MUWZ003.

-I have had only good experiences with National in Orlando

- I won't have to go to the counter.

-I can also add the weekly discount code when is is available for December tright now expires 9/15/12)

:cool1: :banana:

Where do these codes come from?

DiznyDi
09-22-2012, 05:42 PM
I've secured a 'Standard' car through Alamo with insiders and BJ's coupon, Dec. 7 (10:00 AM) - Dec. 15 (5:00 PM) $188.22 with all taxes/fees included. Hoping to do better closer to trip date.

SAT887
09-22-2012, 05:58 PM
I've secured a 'Standard' car through Alamo with insiders and BJ's coupon, Dec. 7 (10:00 AM) - Dec. 15 (5:00 PM) $188.22 with all taxes/fees included. Hoping to do better closer to trip date.

Where do you get the BJs code? Is it in the store? We haves membership but I've never noticed the discount codes before.

DiznyDi
09-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Yes, the BJ's code/coupon is located in the travel section as you leave the store. We used this same code/coupon when renting in May - the personnel did ask for the coupon when picking up our vehicle, so make sure you take it with you.

SAT887
09-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Yes, the BJ's code/coupon is located in the travel section as you leave the store. We used this same code/coupon when renting in May - the personnel did ask for the coupon when picking up our vehicle, so make sure you take it with you.

webworm
09-22-2012, 10:23 PM

Through Costco using ID 7014627 and E-Coupon AD2359FDF for $35 off I get $147 inc taxes for a standard.

webworm
09-22-2012, 10:28 PM
WOW! Thanks for the heads up! I just booked a mid size at Dollar,no codes,for 91.00 per week! dates Dec7-16 - total cost is 198.00 w/fees(hate fees)
but good price! (had to pay for '3' extra days,as p/u is early,return is late)
still a very good price!

Through Alamo using Costco ID 7014627 and E-Coupon AD2359FDF for $35 off the total is $141 for midsize and includes free additional driver.

webworm
09-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Where do these codes come from?

With Budget for a minivan from Dec 7 - 15 total is $329 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle. Use x474200 (travelocity code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off.

BubMunkeyBles
09-23-2012, 12:02 AM
Not sure if anyone is government or military but we got a rate of $81 ($120ish with taxes and fees) for Dec 10-17 with Advantage. This was the leisure rate.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
09-23-2012, 07:59 AM
You guys with early December travel dates are getting some great rates so far :thumbsup2 . Our December 23 - 30 rental is sitting at $279 with taxes for a full-size :crazy2: (with Budget, using X474200 and a coupon for a free upgrade).

I know the holiday season will come at a premium but I am hoping we see some movement down to a more reasonable cost.

Anyone else looking for Christmas week? Or New Years week?

rubybpc
09-23-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm on the lookout for Christmas week cat rentals as well. If they don't come down to a reasonable price we're gonna stick to Disney transportation and use a taxi to take us to Universal and Island of Adventures. It's so much cheaper than renting a car. My travel dates are December 19-28.

hsmamato2
09-23-2012, 10:00 AM
those costco rates are great...what documentation do you need to rent with those, just a costco card/id when you pickup? or a printout?
same with BJ's....what cards do I need to have if using codes? thanks

hsmamato2
09-23-2012, 10:02 AM
wow...using costco code, my dates are showing as compact for total of 153.00.....that is CHEAP!

PSU
09-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Just got a intermediate 12/26-1/6 pick-up at MCO drop off in Ft. Myers for 597....at carrentalsavers using their FL search tool....about 250 better than costco - hoping for better...but a place to start...

wdwfan1
09-23-2012, 11:36 AM
wow...using costco code, my dates are showing as compact for total of 153.00.....that is CHEAP!

That is a great rate. What are your dates. I am getting 300+ for one week at the beginning of December.

Detailor
09-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Where do you get the BJs code? Is it in the store? We haves membership but I've never noticed the discount codes before.

You can get BJs codes for participating rental car companies at the BJs rental car section of their website... http://travel.bjs.com/car-rentals/

Dick Taylor

DiznyDi
09-23-2012, 03:44 PM
webworm: I booked again through Alamo using your Costco ID and e-coupon. Brought my total down to 147.91. Where do I find the e-coupon? We have no Costco anywhere near us and therefore aren't members. Will this require a Costco membership card? If so, I may have to cancel. Many thanks for your assistance.

vicki_c
09-23-2012, 05:54 PM
webworm: I booked again through Alamo using your Costco ID and e-coupon. Brought my total down to 147.91. Where do I find the e-coupon? We have no Costco anywhere near us and therefore aren't members. Will this require a Costco membership card? If so, I may have to cancel. Many thanks for your assistance.

You may be required to present your Costco card when picking up the car. You need to cancel that and find a different offer that you are eligible for, or risk paying full price when picking up the car.

DiznyDi
09-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks, Vicki_c, have cancelled.

summerw
09-23-2012, 08:47 PM

-Stacey

Thanks!! We're going 11/30-12/11 and the best I could find was $580 (minivan) from MCO or $420 (SUV) from DTD Disney the next day. I got $383 with your link! I couldn't get a minivan for that price, but for that low, we'll send someone on DME to fit it all from the airport if necessary.

webworm
09-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Thanks!! We're going 11/30-12/11 and the best I could find was $580 (minivan) from MCO or $420 (SUV) from DTD Disney the next day. I got $383 with your link! I couldn't get a minivan for that price, but for that low, we'll send someone on DME to fit it all from the airport if necessary.

Looks like Budget is $485 inc taxes for minivan using x474200 (travelocity code). You can add an ecoupon later to get another $30 off to bring it to $455 since they expire Dec 15th at this point.

hsmamato2
09-24-2012, 11:26 AM
I am not currently a costco member, but am considering doing it for that great rate:thumbsup2 so I think if I keep that one, I will need a membership card,right?
Is it the same for a bj's code?

hsmamato2
09-24-2012, 11:28 AM
That is a great rate. What are your dates. I am getting 300+ for one week at the beginning of December.

Dec 7-16:)

DiznyDi
09-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Is a physical coupon required if using AD2359FDF?
If so, where might I find it. Many thanks!

Dan Murphy
09-25-2012, 09:22 PM
https://www.alamo.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=Alamo_American2008specials-35-off

DiznyDi
09-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks Dan!
My husband and I met you last December at Diane's meet at the Beach Club.... we were the ones with the fold-up walking sticks. Appreciate the link!

pkb24824
09-26-2012, 12:12 PM
I booked through Advantage Rental Car for a large car (Chevy Impala) for the time period December 12-26 for $448.27. For now, I feel this is a good rate for 16 days! Of course, I will keep checking to see if I can get anything cheaper!

Dan Murphy
09-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks Dan!
My husband and I met you last December at Diane's meet at the Beach Club.... we were the ones with the fold-up walking sticks. Appreciate the link!
:wave2: Hi Di. Yes, sure do recall, those were great walking sticks. :thumbsup2 And a nice meet too.

Destructsean
09-26-2012, 02:19 PM
https://www.alamo.com/index.do?action=/hotDealsTemplate&msg=Alamo_American2008specials-35-off

What was this link for?

I followed it, it took me to the main website, and then I priced a car rental from 12/02 - 12/14 and it gave me $240!

I booked. :thumbsup2

Dan Murphy
09-26-2012, 02:28 PM
It was to get to the AD2359FDF code page. You can do a Google search on that code and it will take you to the link. The link apparently does not work directly on its own.

candielips
09-26-2012, 03:15 PM
I booked through Advantage Rental Car for a large car (Chevy Impala) for the time period December 12-26 for $448.27. For now, I feel this is a good rate for 16 days! Of course, I will keep checking to see if I can get anything cheaper!

did you use a code for this?

njmom47
09-26-2012, 03:46 PM

What does this stand for? We may end up renting a car for our Dec trip to Ft Myers so I am watching this thread!:worship:

Destructsean
09-26-2012, 03:46 PM
It was to get to the AD2359FDF code page. You can do a Google search on that code and it will take you to the link. The link apparently does not work directly on its own.

Is the coupon for anything specific, or just a general public code? Will I need anything special to pick up the car?

I just rebooked through a google search for that code, and it took the additional $35 off. I got from 12/02 - 12/14 for $215!

jessrose18
09-26-2012, 03:59 PM
it is just a general alamo coupon for 35 off... anyone can use it.... also got an email from alamo that code : sunpromo is good till december 15th, gave me a decent rate when combined with the coupon :)

Destructsean
09-26-2012, 04:06 PM
it is just a general alamo coupon for 35 off... anyone can use it.... also got an email from alamo that code : sunpromo is good till december 15th, gave me a decent rate when combined with the coupon :)

How do you use both?

encinc
09-26-2012, 04:37 PM
What does this stand for? We may end up renting a car for our Dec trip to Ft Myers so I am watching this thread!:worship:

Are you looking to pick up a car in Ft Myers or for Orlando to Ft Myers? Prices right now are insane, and I can't get any of the codes to give a decent price either for our MCO to RSW trip (Dec 6 to 21) or my parents rental in Ft Myers (Dec 1 to 21). If you find any good deals, please post.

pkb24824
09-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Candielips -

The only code I used is ADVNWK and it is for 10% off.

jessrose18
09-26-2012, 05:41 PM
How do you use both?

sorry your right i couldnt use both, but i could use my costco code under the id and use the 35 off coupon :) together

madaboutMickey
09-26-2012, 08:17 PM

That's interesting. I tried using the Sunpromo code with the AD2359FDF coupon and it would not acept it. Got the dreaded red message that it couldn't be used with the code. My dates are Nov 14-23. Maybe because it's Thanksgiving week? Actually am getting a better rate just using my Insiders number and the coupon.
Never hurts to try all kinds of combinations!

Dan Murphy
09-26-2012, 08:47 PM
I just dropped my Dollar reservation from $201 to $187, full size (Taurus or similar...more like a premium) using the city special. It is for 8 full days, all fees and taxes incl for 12/4-12. Compacts were $155.

PSU
09-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Are you looking to pick up a car in Ft Myers or for Orlando to Ft Myers? Prices right now are insane, and I can't get any of the codes to give a decent price either for our MCO to RSW trip (Dec 6 to 21) or my parents rental in Ft Myers (Dec 1 to 21). If you find any good deals, please post.

I just posted a few days ago- carrentalsavers.com is the best so far - (tried a bunch) different time than you though....
"Just got a intermediate 12/26-1/6 pick-up at MCO drop off in Ft. Myers for 597....at carrentalsavers using their FL search tool....about 250 better than costco - hoping for better...but a place to start..."

princessap
09-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Just wanted to say thank you to whoever posted the budget
code. I used it last night to book a minivan for 8 days in february for 269. that is best price I have seen yet!
Will I need to show them anything when I pick up?

nilseks
09-27-2012, 02:01 PM
I just made a reservation with Advantage from 12/1-12/8. Midsize for $12.44/night--it was $133 including all taxes and fees, without a coupon or promo code. I've read the reviews about Advantage and I'm not too thrilled about using them, but this is by far the best rate I've seen for this timeframe. Even if I were to book on Hotwire at $8.95/day (if I were to get lucky closer to the trip), by the time you add in all their fees, it would be about the same.

Incidentally, I also booked Advantage for an early November trip. Once again, by far the lowest rate. I'm hoping something else comes up with another company but if not, as least I know my Discover card has my back if there are any problems or weird charges on my card (as many have stated has happened to them).

hsmamato2
09-27-2012, 04:03 PM
advantage does have good rates...they have a bad rep? if i book with them,I won't need a costco membership,which I would get only for the car discount..... is advantage right in airport? I think L&M got bad reviews too,and we had good luck with them in the past....

jessrose18
09-27-2012, 04:35 PM
That's interesting. I tried using the Sunpromo code with the AD2359FDF coupon and it would not acept it. Got the dreaded red message that it couldn't be used with the code. My dates are Nov 14-23. Maybe because it's Thanksgiving week? Actually am getting a better rate just using my Insiders number and the coupon.
Never hurts to try all kinds of combinations!

you are correct i could use my costco id code with the coupon but not sunpromo with it..sorry for bad info. still the best rate i have found so far is alamo with new coupon

webworm
09-27-2012, 05:13 PM

With Budget using Wendie code D454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off the total inc taxes is $381 for a fullsize after coupon is applied when return vehicle. Budget also includes free additional driver.

pkb24824
09-27-2012, 05:27 PM
Webworm: With Budget using Wendie code D454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off the total inc taxes is $381 for a fullsize after coupon is applied when return vehicle. Budget also includes free additional driver.

Thanks for the heads up, but when I put in the coupon codes I got a full size for $888.96. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again for your help! :)

FourBees
09-27-2012, 05:44 PM
I did not think coupons were allowed with the Wendie's code?

robinb
09-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Webworm: With Budget using Wendie code D454300 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off the total inc taxes is $381 for a fullsize after coupon is applied when return vehicle. Budget also includes free additional driver.

Thanks for the heads up, but when I put in the coupon codes I got a full size for $888.96. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again for your help! :)You must be doing something wrong because I get a rate of $411 for a full size too (the $30 coupon comes off when you return the car). Just go to the Budget website and click on the promo at the bottom with the woman holding a price tag. That's the Wendie rate. Enter the $30 off coupon after you click "Let's go and reserve it".

maciec
09-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to whoever posted the budget
code. I used it last night to book a minivan for 8 days in february for 269. that is best price I have seen yet!
Will I need to show them anything when I pick up?

Nope, nothing! Great rate!

hsmamato2
09-28-2012, 10:56 AM
ok for my dates I just found a compact ,using AD2359FDF and insider member, for 150.00.....I think that's pretty good(?)

hsmamato2
09-28-2012, 11:03 AM
so for now I'm looking at 3 choices- either 2 days rental,then use disney buses (cheapest) or advantage,or alamo for the full trip. alamo and advantage are the same price....alamo gives and extra driver with insider.....

rubybpc
09-28-2012, 03:12 PM
so for now I'm looking at 3 choices- either 2 days rental,then use disney buses (cheapest) or advantage,or alamo for the full trip. alamo and advantage are the same price....alamo gives and extra driver with insider.....

I'm curious, what are your dates? I think those are great prices.

Southernswthrt
09-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Anyone manage to get a remotely decent price with Alamo or National for December yet?

I am very disappointed because they're so high, I can't even bring myself to make an initial reservation!!!!

We'll be flying out of Tampa and I'm seriously considering Budget - makes me nervous :(

robinb
09-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Anyone manage to get a remotely decent price with Alamo or National for December yet?

I am very disappointed because they're so high, I can't even bring myself to make an initial reservation!!!!

We'll be flying out of Tampa and I'm seriously considering Budget - makes me nervous :(What are your dates? The end of the month is pretty brutal. It always is. I am always beyond jealous when folks who are going in the beginning of the month post to this thread with their great deals.

ETA: Why are you nervous to book with Budget?

Southernswthrt
09-30-2012, 09:33 PM
What are your dates? The end of the month is pretty brutal. It always is. I am always beyond jealous when folks who are going in the beginning of the month post to this thread with their great deals.

ETA: Why are you nervous to book with Budget?

We are 8-15. We've never used Budget before so the unfamiliarity of it makes me a little nervous. Love Alamo/National, but not willing to pay $300 for the week for a full size car :(

robinb
09-30-2012, 09:45 PM
We are 8-15. We've never used Budget before so the unfamiliarity of it makes me a little nervous. Love Alamo/National, but not willing to pay $300 for the week for a full size car :(I used carrentalsavers.com and they came up with a price of $223 (with taxes) for a premium car with Enterprise. Payless has a full size for $150 (with taxes!). FTR, Budget is just fine.

maciec
09-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Yea, I have never had a problem with Budget either.

Budget has a special right now for an Intermediate SUV 12/8-12/15 for $202.09. I just plugged in your dates. A full size car is $213. That's including taxes

MondaysChild
10-01-2012, 06:49 AM
Anyone find a good deal for Christmas week? We are looking 22-29. I was expecting a drop by now so I could get into a better brand...I would be happy to get a low cost budget rental!

rubybpc
10-01-2012, 08:29 AM
I haven't found anything. Those are almost my dates, I'm Dec 19-28. Last year I paid $125 for 9 days. I made a reservation with the best price I could find around November then just kept checking and checking until I got a great deal from Priceline to pay $10 per day and price line paid the remaining $2 or $3 which was a steal compared to my original reservation of $260ish.

hsmamato2
10-01-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm curious, what are your dates? I think those are great prices.

Dec 7-16 :cool1: I don't mind driving a tiny car for that week,either.....

robinb
10-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Anyone find a good deal for Christmas week? We are looking 22-29. I was expecting a drop by now so I could get into a better brand...I would be happy to get a low cost budget rental!Christmas week does not drop. It just gets more and more expensive. The best rate that I have found is through Budget using the Travelocity code X474200 with coupon UUWZ020 for a free 1 class upgrade on an intermediate or above. The rate for a full size (book intermediate) is $279 with all taxes and a minivan is $302.

ETA: There is a BJs coupon UUWZ020 for a 1 class upgrade on a compact or above. Here is the coupon: http://travel.bjs.com/promotion/bjs/carrental/BJs_Budget.pdf . That will give you an intermediate (book a compact) for $267.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
10-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Christmas week does not drop. It just gets more and more expensive. The best rate that I have found is through Budget using the Travelocity code X474200 with coupon UUWZ020 for a free 1 class upgrade on an intermediate or above. The rate for a full size (book intermediate) is $279 with all taxes and a minivan is $302.

Nooooooooooooooooooo! :sad: :crazy2:

Say it ain't so!!!

Christmas is the season for miracles.......I will hold onto hope that it will go down at least somewhat between now and then......'cause you can't blame a girl for keeping the faith! :rotfl:

Our dates are December 23 to 30.

robinb
10-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooo! :sad: :crazy2:

Say it ain't so!!!

Christmas is the season for miracles.......I will hold onto hope that it will go down at least somewhat between now and then......'cause you can't blame a girl for keeping the faith! :rotfl:

Our dates are December 23 to 30.Do you have a reservation already? If not, grab one now! I can guarantee that people will be begging for a $300 minivan in a couple of months.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
10-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Do you have a reservation already? If not, grab one now! I can guarantee that people will be begging for a $300 minivan in a couple of months.

Yes ma'am. We have a reservation for the full size with Budget for $279 (we booked one car class below and are using the coupon for the free upgrade). There are only the three of us so we don't need a van.

That said, I am an Alamo girl, so I am hoping their rates will come down at least enough to match the Budget rate. We like being able to select our vehicle from whatever is in the applicable aisle, rather than have our car assigned.

Dan Murphy
10-01-2012, 05:02 PM
I just dropped my Dollar reservation from $201 to $187, full size (Taurus or similar...more like a premium) using the city special. It is for 8 full days, all fees and taxes incl for 12/4-12. Compacts were $155.Using the same, now at $172. I sure wish I could get Alamo/National at that level. If $200 I would go with them.

ETA, compact was at $149.

Valgoof
10-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Using the same, now at $172. I sure wish I could get Alamo/National at that level. If $200 I would go with them.

What is the city special and how do I get it?

MondaysChild
10-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Christmas week does not drop. It just gets more and more expensive. The best rate that I have found is through Budget using the Travelocity code X474200 with coupon UUWZ020 for a free 1 class upgrade on an intermediate or above. The rate for a full size (book intermediate) is $279 with all taxes and a minivan is $302.

ETA: There is a BJs coupon UUWZ020 for a 1 class upgrade on a compact or above. Here is the coupon: http://travel.bjs.com/promotion/bjs/carrental/BJs_Budget.pdf . That will give you an intermediate (book a compact) for $267.

Boy I know you are probably right but I hope you are wrong! :) I have $226 total with Fox. But I am scared to rent from them. They have terrible reviews!

Dan Murphy
10-01-2012, 06:11 PM
What is the city special and how do I get it?http://www.mousesavers.com/dollar-rental-car-discounts/#codes

When you are going through a booking process, look for 'City Special' link in the car listings. Click that and see what the prices are.

robinb
10-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Boy I know you are probably right but I hope you are wrong! :) I have $226 total with Fox. But I am scared to rent from them. They have terrible reviews!I found a rate of $254 (inc taxes) from Dollar for your dates using the code from Vacation Outlet: http://www.vacationoutlet.com/promotion/vo/carrental/default.asp

It says that there is an upgrade on the Vacation Outlet website, but I don't see it when I make a fake reservation. Honestly, I would pay $28 to not rent from Fox but that's just me.

horselover
10-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Today I got a standard at Alamo for 12/19-27 for $172. It was through carrentals.com. No code or coupon. The price on Alamo's site for the same time frame was over $400.00.

My2Qtz0205
10-01-2012, 10:17 PM
I went to car rentals.com and found a standard-size from Enterprise for $194.03 for 12/7-12/15. My husband wants to wait until the first of November to book anything. His hesitation is that the map I have of MCO implies that Enterprise is off-site, so he wants to wait and see if Avis will drop their prices. He gets a company discount from them. (Btw, Avis was listed at $470-something, and National for $550 for the same type of car.)

Dan Murphy
10-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Using the same, now at $172. I sure wish I could get Alamo/National at that level. If $200 I would go with them.

ETA, compact was at $149.I now have an Enterprise standard (not sure if that is the same as Alamo/National, making it full) at $189. 12/4-12

I went to car rentals.com and found a standard-size from Enterprise for $194.03 for 12/7-12/15. My husband wants to wait until the first of November to book anything. His hesitation is that the map I have of MCO implies that Enterprise is off-site, so he wants to wait and see if Avis will drop their prices. He gets a company discount from them. (Btw, Avis was listed at $470-something, and National for $550 for the same type of car.)Enterprise is in the garage, with Alamo and National.

robinb
10-01-2012, 11:00 PM
I went to car rentals.com and found a standard-size from Enterprise for $194.03 for 12/7-12/15. My husband wants to wait until the first of November to book anything. His hesitation is that the map I have of MCO implies that Enterprise is off-site, so he wants to wait and see if Avis will drop their prices. He gets a company discount from them. (Btw, Avis was listed at $470-something, and National for $550 for the same type of car.)
You should ALWAYS book and reconsider later.

MondaysChild
10-01-2012, 11:48 PM
I found a rate of $254 (inc taxes) from Dollar for your dates using the code from Vacation Outlet: http://www.vacationoutlet.com/promotion/vo/carrental/default.asp

It says that there is an upgrade on the Vacation Outlet website, but I don't see it when I make a fake reservation. Honestly, I would pay $28 to not rent from Fox but that's just me.

This was a great lead but the rental comes out over $300 when I went to book. I think it is probably because I am picking up early and dropping off late so it is hitting me with an extra day. :(.

But it is a better deal than some of the other sites I have checked for sure! I would pay 30 more like you to not use Fox! But I won't pay over $300 to rent a car. we will be riding the magical express before we do that!

Thank you so much! I hope that site helps someone because the rates are decent!!

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
10-02-2012, 06:26 AM
I found a rate of $254 (inc taxes) from Dollar for your dates using the code from Vacation Outlet: http://www.vacationoutlet.com/promotion/vo/carrental/default.asp

I am guessing that the Vacation Outlet discount is open to everyone? (it looks that way from the site, but thought I'd better check to be sure)

I get a slightly lower rate with Dollar using that discount than with Budget, so I may just change my reservation..........:scratchin..........every few dollars helps, right? ::yes::

DiznyDi
10-02-2012, 08:15 AM
OK Dis friends; I booked a standard through Alamo last week using BJ's code and the Alamo e-coupon posted by Dan for $165.43. I just checked the site to see if there was a price difference and there is now a notice that the coupon is not valid due to a black-out date. When I pick my car up will they honor the confirmed reservation?

jessrose18
10-02-2012, 10:54 AM
when i try searching my dates with the alamo 35 off coupon its blacking out now too...good thing i have one held! I booked a rental dec 5th-8th pick up mco drop off port canaveral and pick up december 15th for a few hours return to mco. For $20 more I can rent car from 5th-15th and park at park and ride for 5.99 a day and not have to drop off/and rent a new car on way home hmmmmm.... thats crazy still deciding :)

hsmamato2
10-02-2012, 11:12 AM
How awful they are?:confused3 how bad have rentals been from them? thru carrental.com I got a rate for 10+ days for 138.00....... so far that is the best I can find (tiny car)

Valgoof
10-02-2012, 11:35 AM
I booked a premium car for $223 for 12/15-22 through carrentals.com for Enterprise. No idea if that is good or not, but the cheapest I have seen. We really dont need a premium car either, but that was the cheapest for some reason. Just wanted to get something booked!!

FourBees
10-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I wonder what is going on with that coupon because my dates 10/31-11/10 are blacked out too.

shoes99
10-02-2012, 11:46 AM
when i try searching my dates with the alamo 35 off coupon its blacking out now too...good thing i have one held! I booked a rental dec 5th-8th pick up mco drop off port canaveral and pick up december 15th for a few hours return to mco. For $20 more I can rent car from 5th-15th and park at park and ride for 5.99 a day and not have to drop off/and rent a new car on way home hmmmmm.... thats crazy still deciding :)

I wonder what is going on with that coupon because my dates 10/31-11/10 are blacked out too.

Two days ago the $35 coupon worked, now I am also getting the blackout message. I did try the AD9738AAI for $20 off and AF5244aaf for a free day and they both worked. Alamo is still higher than the National rate of $215.77 so I will keep trying. My rental is 11/29 to 12/7/2012.

nilseks
10-02-2012, 12:22 PM
I just modified my reservation with Advantage -- I had a standard from 12/1 to 12/8 for $133, just got it down to $127 with today's pricing. Really pleased with the price, just wish it wasn't with Advantage! But I can't justify Alamo or National for ~$150 more for that week. Just not finding anything even CLOSE to the Advantage rates with any of the more reliable companies.

hsmamato2
10-02-2012, 01:22 PM
I just modified my reservation with Advantage -- I had a standard from 12/1 to 12/8 for $133, just got it down to $127 with today's pricing. Really pleased with the price, just wish it wasn't with Advantage! But I can't justify Alamo or National for ~$150 more for that week. Just not finding anything even CLOSE to the Advantage rates with any of the more reliable companies.

what is wrong with advantage? I keep seeing negative things here, but why? any experiences?

nilseks
10-02-2012, 01:31 PM
I have not personally used Advantage yet. I typically end up using Enterprise or Hertz, and haven't had any problems with either.

You can look up reviews on Yelp, search 'advantage car rental orlando reviews'. There are reports of credit cards being overcharged, not honoring the rate quotes, and cars being dirty and in poor repair. I'm using my Discover card and I really trust in their service, so I'm putting my faith in their hands as far as not worrying about overcharged--I have my quote printed out and it says 'Rate Guaranteed'.

All that said, Advantage has better reviews than Payless or Fox. After reading the reviews on those, there's just no way I would take a chance with either of those companies.

Dan Murphy
10-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy
I just dropped my Dollar reservation from $201 to $187, full size (Taurus or similar...more like a premium) using the city special. It is for 8 full days, all fees and taxes incl for 12/4-12. Compacts were $155.

Now $164 at Dollar.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
10-02-2012, 08:11 PM
My Christmas week rental was whittled down another $20 today. I originally had a reservation with Budget for $279 (full size). Using the Vacation Outlet code, I now have a standard car with Dollar and a free upgrade to a full size for $259 taxes in.

My goal is to get it under $200. Here's to positive thinking and some pixiedust: .

robinb
10-02-2012, 08:56 PM
My Christmas week rental was whittled down another $20 today. I originally had a reservation with Budget for $279 (full size). Using the Vacation Outlet code, I now have a standard car with Dollar and a free upgrade to a full size for $259 taxes in.

My goal is to get it under $200. Here's to positive thinking and some pixiedust: .Gina, please share your codes!

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
10-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Gina, please share your codes!

I booked thru this link:

http://www.vacationoutlet.com/promotion/vo/carrental/default.asp

The "free upgrade" didn't appear on my reservation, so I called Dollar to ask their advice. The rep indicated I should print the webpage where the free upgrade is indicated, and they would apply it at the counter when I pick up the car :thumbsup2 .

My2Qtz0205
10-02-2012, 10:07 PM
I went ahead and booked an Enterprise standard through car rentals dot com. The price had gone down today, to $182.92.

cloves
10-03-2012, 03:34 AM
If you are AAA members you can book for 14.99 a day.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
10-03-2012, 06:13 AM
If you are AAA members you can book for 14.99 a day.

The AAA website says that promo ends November 15th. This thread is for those seeking car rentals during the month of December.

robinb
10-03-2012, 08:10 AM
I booked thru this link:

http://www.vacationoutlet.com/promotion/vo/carrental/default.asp

The "free upgrade" didn't appear on my reservation, so I called Dollar to ask their advice. The rep indicated I should print the webpage where the free upgrade is indicated, and they would apply it at the counter when I pick up the car :thumbsup2 .Sorry! I missed that you used the codes that I provided :rotfl2:. I'm glad you called about the upgrade!

hsmamato2
10-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Hmmmm....I did some reading,Advantage has some wickedly bad reviews,along with some good ones.....:crazy2:
We used to use L&M a few times, they always reviewed badly,yet we never had a problem...what to do?
SInce my DH is a nitpicker,and goes over EVERY detail of a rental with a fine tooth comb till he's satisfied, it *might* work for us...usually the agents are begging us to just get OUT and leave them alone by the time we drive off the lot.....:rotfl2:

wannabebelle
10-03-2012, 12:58 PM
I've gotten a decent rate on a minivan ($343) for 12/8-12/16. There is also an e-coupon mentioned here. I read on this thread that it apparently doesn't show up when you pick up your car but does when you drop it back off. Does it show up when you're making the reservation? If it's supposed to, it isn't for me. The code is MUGZ029. And do I need something to use this coupon code?

horselover
10-04-2012, 08:33 AM
I went ahead and booked an Enterprise standard through car rentals dot com. The price had gone down today, to $182.92.

I booked a car through them last week for $178 for a week 12/20-27. When I checked the confirmation # at Alamo's website my rate is now $528! :scared1: I have no idea what going on with this site but I'm not risking showing up at the airport & having them tell me I owe $528 instead of $178. Buyer beware & check your confirmations!

Valgoof
10-04-2012, 08:50 AM
I booked a car through them last week for $178 for a week 12/20-27. When I checked the confirmation # at Alamo's website my rate is now $528! :scared1: I have no idea what going on with this site but I'm not risking showing up at the airport & having them tell me I owe $528 instead of $178. Buyer beware & check your confirmations!

Yikes!! I used carrentals.com and just checked my confirmation number on the enterprise site and it shows the correct rate. That would not be a happy surprise!!

hsmamato2
10-04-2012, 09:27 AM
ooo I posted this on another thread.... I saw the same thing, so I can go the actual site,and check my rental cost? IDK how rates could actually change so much in one day....

My2Qtz0205
10-04-2012, 09:46 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. I looked it up, and it's all good. Surely if you printed off your original confirmation email, they would have to honor that, right?

hsmamato2
10-04-2012, 09:46 AM
so,I did what was suggested here,yes, my original res. is the same amount (138.00)...... maybe it's a site problem,or maybe EVERYONE in the whole world is looking to rent a car in Orlando that same week!:rotfl:

hsmamato2
10-04-2012, 09:47 AM
[QUOTE=My2Qtz0205;46346136]Thanks for the heads-up. I looked it up, and it's all good. Surely if you printed off your original confirmation email, they would have to honor that, right?[/QUOTE

oh man, they didn't honor the same rate you were quoted? hope they do,if you have th original,I'd call them too!

robinb
10-04-2012, 10:06 AM

ooo I posted this on another thread.... I saw the same thing, so I can go the actual site,and check my rental cost? IDK how rates could actually change so much in one day....Yes it can! Which is why I always suggest that you book now and check back later. In fact, I looked at horselover's rate right after she posted it and it was high then.

Horselover, I would call Alamo and find out what's going on.

My2Qtz0205
10-04-2012, 10:41 AM
No, mine was the same as quoted. Even still, I will print out my original reservation confirmation email and bring that with me, just in case .

rubybpc
10-04-2012, 11:23 AM

I'm curious where was your pick up location. Those are my dates too and I haven't found anything remotely close to the price you got, well, the price you were initially quoted for.

Southernswthrt
10-04-2012, 02:10 PM
So I finally made an initial reservation with Budget. Using the Wendie special on their home page. I have a full size reserved for $221.30 for 12/8 to 12/15 at TPA - all taxes and fees included. I assume it will be $201.30 upon return.

Not excited about using Budget instead of Alamo or National but just can't justify the cost

Just hoping for better rates as we get closer!

klynn
10-05-2012, 04:55 PM
I just booked a full size with Dollar for $85.68/week. I am picking up at the airport Dec. 8 and dropping off at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort (we want to take the DME back to the airport the following morning) Dec. 23. For this 15 day rental, our base rate is $183.65; total with taxes/fees is $276.55.

SAT887
10-05-2012, 05:03 PM
I just booked a full size with Dollar for $85.68/week. I am picking up at the airport Dec. 8 and dropping off at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort (we want to take the DME back to the airport the following morning) Dec. 23. For this 15 day rental, our base rate is $183.65; total with taxes/fees is $276.55.

Did you use any codes/coupons?

klynn
10-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Did you use any codes/coupons?

No, I did not use any codes or coupons.

SAT887
10-05-2012, 07:16 PM
No, I did not use any codes or coupons.

Thanks! I was able to get an 8 day rental 11/30-12/8 for $183!

mzozzietj
10-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Just booked Dollar for a lock-low-and-go rate which is compact size or larger for only $74.88 per week. Our reservations is for 8 days (12/1-12/9) and is $140 including taxes/fees. The rate code it put in for the lock low and go special was Rate Code: R4UW8

They also have the full size for less than $10 more but I sort of like the gamble of seeing what we get, lol

JLa01844
10-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Yes, everyone check teh Lock and Low Rate NOW! http://www.dollar.com/cars/locklowgo.aspx

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
10-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Yes, everyone check teh Lock and Low Rate NOW! http://www.dollar.com/cars/locklowgo.aspx

:crazy2: $413.54 for my dates!!!! :scared: (December 23 - 30)

Makes my $259 (taxes included, via Dollar using the Vacation Outlet discount) look mighty nice in comparison.

nilseks
10-06-2012, 09:07 AM
I am now at $122.57 including taxes and fees with Advantage from 12/1-12/8. I keep checking every day and it goes down by a few bucks here, a few bucks there. Would be great if it goes down even more but I'm already pretty pleased with $122.

maciec
10-06-2012, 09:25 AM

I guess it depends on when you are going and what type of car you are looking for. My deal with Budget for an Intermediate SUV is over $200 cheaper for 12/8-12/14

kat3668
10-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Awesome!! Juust booked my lock and low for 12/7-12/16 for $76! thumbsup2

Southernswthrt
10-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I must be missing the boat because I'm not getting anything under $260 for Dollar 12/8-12/15 at TPA - so frustrating :confused3

and I've checked multiple times this week at different times of the day, middle of the night, etc.

SAT887
10-06-2012, 09:50 AM
I must be missing the boat because I'm not getting anything under $260 for Dollar 12/8-12/15 at TPA - so frustrating :confused3

and I've checked multiple times this week at different times of the day, middle of the night, etc.

I have also been looking at TPA for my Mom and MIL and nothing has dropped there....:confused3

maciec
10-06-2012, 10:02 AM
Awesome!! Juust booked my lock and low for 12/7-12/16 for $76! thumbsup2

What size car did you get?

klynn
10-06-2012, 10:37 AM
What size car did you get?

With Lock Low & Go rates, you don't know the size until you get there. Dollar picks it for you. It will be a compact or larger. (For $7.20/week more you can book a Standard.)

SAT887
10-06-2012, 10:52 AM
With Lock Low & Go rates, you don't know the size until you get there. Dollar picks it for you. It will be a compact or larger. (For $7.20/week more you can book a Standard.)

That's the part I can't do... With car seats and strollers... If we had a compact could make it interesting... That 2nd kid really added some $ to our planning!

rlduvall
10-06-2012, 03:52 PM

My dates are 12/1 - 12/8 and the rate I got was over $300., so I then entered 12/1 - 12/9 and it dropped to $109. Apparently, the key is to go over a 7 day period.

hsmamato2
10-07-2012, 06:09 PM
lock and low looked great (84 per week for midsize) but after fees it's 190.00:crazy2: so I'm sticking with advantage for now which is still 138.00

tripletsmama
10-07-2012, 10:21 PM
We are traveling December 30-January 13. We will need a minivan. Can anyone suggest to me where to start looking for the best rates? Thanks for any help!

robinb
10-08-2012, 08:13 AM
My dates are 12/1 - 12/8 and the rate I got was over $300., so I then entered 12/1 - 12/9 and it dropped to $109. Apparently, the key is to go over a 7 day period.Be aware that you cannot return the car a day early and still get that rate. It will revert to the higher rate.

We are traveling December 30-January 13. We will need a minivan. Can anyone suggest to me where to start looking for the best rates? Thanks for any help!Start with www.carrentalsavers.com and coupons over at http://www.mousesavers.com/transportation-for-disney-vacations/rental-car-discounts/ . A minivan over NYE will be very, very, very expensive. You will definitely want to separate you rental into chunks so you can take advantage of lower pricing in January. Using the Travelocity code X474200 for Budget will give you a rate of $302 (with tax) for your first week. You should be able to do better for the remaining time with other codes.

rlduvall
10-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Be aware that you cannot return the car a day early and still get that rate. It will revert to the higher rate.

Yes, I know. I didn't say I was doing it - just trying to figure out how some were getting so much lower of a rate. :thumbsup2

robinb
10-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Yes, I know. I didn't say I was doing it - just trying to figure out how some were getting so much lower of a rate. :thumbsup2Good! I didn't want to to have a nasty surprise. There was a weird National code going around last year that was cheaper for a 9-day rental than it was for a 7-day rental.

tigger24
10-08-2012, 09:31 AM
Don't know if you guys are interested, but decided to give Priceline a try and got a convertible from 12/15 am to 12/21 pm for $235!

jgraney106
10-08-2012, 09:36 AM
What rental company did you get with Priceline?

robinb
10-08-2012, 09:53 AM
What rental company did you get with Priceline?Here is a Priceline tutorial I put together back in 2010: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2496606

tigger24
10-08-2012, 11:36 AM
I got Hertz

nilseks
10-08-2012, 12:36 PM
My early November rate keeps going up--good thing I booked a few weeks ago. But my December rate has been slowly going down. I started out at $134 for 12/1 to 12/8 and I'm now down to $116 (inc taxes and fees) which I think is a great rate. That's for a standard size with Advantage.

I know conventional wisdom says car rental rates go down right before your trip, but I would advise anyone planning a November or December trip to look at the October rentals thread--everyone is saying the rates are going up closer to their dates. I'm not sure what's going on or why rates seems so ridiculous right now, but it's something to keep in mind. Best to book something now and hope it goes down instead of up!

DisLis
10-09-2012, 09:12 PM
I have $120.27 through Advantage for 12/1 to 12/9. Economy.

tripletsmama
10-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Be aware that you cannot return the car a day early and still get that rate. It will revert to the higher rate.

Start with www.carrentalsavers.com and coupons over at http://www.mousesavers.com/transportation-for-disney-vacations/rental-car-discounts/ . A minivan over NYE will be very, very, very expensive. You will definitely want to separate you rental into chunks so you can take advantage of lower pricing in January. Using the Travelocity code X474200 for Budget will give you a rate of $302 (with tax) for your first week. You should be able to do better for the remaining time with other codes.

How do I use a Travelocity code for budget? Do I go on the Travelocity website or budget website? Thanks for the advice!

hsmamato2
10-10-2012, 01:24 PM
wow advantage dropped to 124.00 for my trip...this time I went straight to the site:cool1:

robinb
10-10-2012, 02:05 PM
How do I use a Travelocity code for budget? Do I go on the Travelocity website or budget website? Thanks for the advice!
Just plug the code in at the Budget website.

auger
10-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Loving the prices I see thru Advantage, but...

Has anyone on here actually used them to know if the bad reviews are something to worry about?

I don't like the wording on their site that seems to leave a loophole for them to charge a higher rate when you turn the car back in!!

Granted, my CC will protect me from overcharge, but that doesn't get me a decent car for my family to drive for the week.

Anybody?????

tripletsmama
10-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Great, thank you! I booked a mini van from 12/30-1/6 for $283. We will still need the van through 1/13. Am I understanding correctly that we should book the second week separately to get a better deal?

hsmamato2
10-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Loving the prices I see thru Advantage, but...

Has anyone on here actually used them to know if the bad reviews are something to worry about?

I don't like the wording on their site that seems to leave a loophole for them to charge a higher rate when you turn the car back in!!

Granted, my CC will protect me from overcharge, but that doesn't get me a decent car for my family to drive for the week.

Anybody?????

I noticed that too, but I think all rental places have that wording somewhere,don't they?

robinb
10-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Great, thank you! I booked a mini van from 12/30-1/6 for $283. We will still need the van through 1/13. Am I understanding correctly that we should book the second week separately to get a better deal?Does that include tax? That's a great rate for that time of year! I would suggest that you make another reservation for your full time using that rate and then work on getting the second week cheaper.

tripletsmama
10-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Does that include tax? That's a great rate for that time of year! I would suggest that you make another reservation for your full time using that rate and then work on getting the second week cheaper.

Yes. It was about $225 before tax. It was with the code you posted, and picking up at a downtown Disney hotel. Is it usually cheaper to pick up somewhere other than the airport?

robinb
10-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Yes. It was about $225 before tax. It was with the code you posted, and picking up at a downtown Disney hotel. Is it usually cheaper to pick up somewhere other than the airport?Yes. The airport locations usually change an additional "concessions" fee, although I have seen more and more off-airport locations charging those fees too.

mae5731
10-11-2012, 12:09 PM
I shaved a few dollars off my Budget rental (standard SUV...no kids, four adults and two sets of golf clubs :thumbsup2) using the Wendie's Special Offer BCD D454301 listed on their home page. I was at $302.84 total then had a $25 coupon code that would be applied. Now $272.38 taxes and fees included and don't have to jack with any coupon (no other offer may be applied with the Wendie's special). May be a wash if the coupon was going to be applied before taxes, but this way I KNOW the final amount.

keliblue
10-11-2012, 12:25 PM
getting antsy !! come on deals

schriverl
10-11-2012, 01:29 PM
I don't know what I am doing wrong!! I'm trying for Alamo. My dates are Nov 29 to Dec 9. No matter what coupons or id's I try I always get the same rate?? It says $405 for compact every time with no codes and with codes. Please help!!

keliblue
10-11-2012, 01:45 PM
I don't know what I am doing wrong!! I'm trying for Alamo. My dates are Nov 29 to Dec 9. No matter what coupons or id's I try I always get the same rate?? It says $405 for compact every time with no codes and with codes. Please help!!

I just tried it and it's doing the same thing.. something is not right :confused3

I just tried it thru Costco and it was over $500 !! really !! for a compact.. what a joke

schriverl
10-11-2012, 01:47 PM
I just tried it and it's doing the same thing.. something is not right :confused3

Thank you for trying :crazy2:

robinb
10-11-2012, 01:56 PM
According to http://www.carrentalsavers.com/ your 2 weeks are $286 with taxes for an Intermediate with Advantage. It might be a good backup plan to book now and work on getting a deal with Alamo later.

schriverl
10-11-2012, 03:18 PM
According to http://www.carrentalsavers.com/ your 2 weeks are $286 with taxes for an Intermediate with Advantage. It might be a good backup plan to book now and work on getting a deal with Alamo later.

Thank you. I appreciate your help... but for that price I'll be riding the bus for sure and probably getting a coupole 1 day rentals for shopping. :(
I'm finding there are blackout dates for my time. I wish I knew what they were. I've also been trying just 12/1 to 12/8 at the car care center with no luck of any Q's working.

mae5731
10-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Thank you. I appreciate your help... but for that price I'll be riding the bus for sure and probably getting a coupole 1 day rentals for shopping. :(
I'm finding there are blackout dates for my time. I wish I knew what they were. I've also been trying just 12/1 to 12/8 at the car care center with no luck of any Q's working.

I think the thing that may throw a monkey wrench into really cheap rates for your original days is the time period...it's not a week, or a weekend or some even rental period like that. They will bill it as a week plus three days or whatever it is...

robinb
10-11-2012, 03:44 PM
I'm finding there are blackout dates for my time. I wish I knew what they were. I've also been trying just 12/1 to 12/8 at the car care center with no luck of any Q's working.OK ... but that rate is really good for a 2 week period. Your rental is for 10 days, so it's coming up as two weeks.

As for your couple 1-day rentals, you don't need to rent at the Car Care Center. You can look down on Hotel Blvd for a car rental too as some places will pick you up.

ETA: It looks like it's charging $147 for a week, then $21 per day for the extra 3 days.

ETA2: Hotwire has a compact for $247 and a Midsize for $269. Priceline will be cheaper. Look at my post a page or two back about bidding on Priceline.

chefmb
10-11-2012, 09:01 PM
I've also had trouble finding a good rate for my dates-11-29/12-4. The cheapest I've found is Dollar with the vo5013 code found on this thread. That totals $232.89, which is significantly cheaper than other rates I have found with the various codes--most are around $300. Last year, we were one week later-still a Thursday through Tuesday, I modified my reservation exactly a year ago, and it was $115.30 total ($72.67 base rate) with Dollar. What is going on this year? :confused3 It's double what I paid last year! At this rate, we may be doing Disney transportation, but we really like having the freedom with the rental car. My DH especially wants it for departing day so we can just load all the luggage in the car, head to the park all day, and drive to the airport. We really don't want to mess with storing our luggage. I'll keep searching.:surfweb:

schriverl
10-11-2012, 09:43 PM
I would like to thank everyone for your help and tips. I'm really happy to know there's not something wrong with my computer !! This is why I love the Dis!!

jgraney106
10-11-2012, 10:06 PM
My DH especially wants it for departing day so we can just load all the luggage in the car, head to the park all day, and drive to the airport. We really don't want to mess with storing our luggage. I'll keep searching.:surfweb:

Why not just use the Disney resort baggage check. We've used it many times with no problem. In fact we like it better than hauling the darn bags to the airport to check. Disney will print your boarding passes and you can also pay the baggage fees there. Makes it hassle free ! Just have to get yourself to the airport, and you will see your bags again when you arrive at your home airport! So actually your hubby doesn't really need a car for that either if you can't find a good rental rate for a car. Good Luck with whatever you end up doing and have a fantastic trip!

maciec
10-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Why not just use the Disney resort baggage check. We've used it many times with no problem. In fact we like it better than hauling the darn bags to the airport to check. Disney will print your boarding passes and you can also pay the baggage fees there. Makes it hassle free ! Just have to get yourself to the airport, and you will see your bags again when you arrive at your home airport! So actually your hubby doesn't really need a car for that either if you can't find a good rental rate for a car. Good Luck with whatever you end up doing and have a fantastic trip!

That's sort of what we do. DD and I will get the car and send the boys on ME with our luggage. On the way back we do RAC at the resort so we don't have to worry about hauling our luggage.

ashleyrm
10-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Just planned a "spur of the moment" trip for 12/16 - 12/20. Looked at car rental prices. Ouch. Of course, I booked for Sun - Thurs to not have to pay "weekend" hotel rates at WDW, but almost all coupons and other specials require a Saturday night stay. This happened last trip in late April, but got a code/discount at the last minute with Dollar. Hope the same happens this trip!

ashleyrm
10-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Checked Dollar for my dates and the "cheapest" car that came up was a premium (Crown Vic or equivalent - lol!). Used the 4PMVM code and got total price of $231.98 for 5 days. I really don't want a car that big, but if its cheaper than the compact, why not?

Will keep checking over the next two months and see what happens!

Just planned a "spur of the moment" trip for 12/16 - 12/20. Looked at car rental prices. Ouch. Of course, I booked for Sun - Thurs to not have to pay "weekend" hotel rates at WDW, but almost all coupons and other specials require a Saturday night stay. This happened last trip in late April, but got a code/discount at the last minute with Dollar. Hope the same happens this trip!

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
10-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Checked Dollar for my dates and the "cheapest" car that came up was a premium (Crown Vic or equivalent - lol!). Used the 4PMVM code and got total price of $231.98 for 5 days. I really don't want a car that big, but if its cheaper than the compact, why not?

Will keep checking over the next two months and see what happens!

You received a premium car at the preferred rate because that code entitles you to the following discount:

"Get 15% off a Premium Car Minivan Mid-size SUV or Standard SUV when you pick up by December 20th 2012."

A compact is not included in that promotion. :)

ashleyrm
10-12-2012, 03:57 PM
I priced all the cars first without using any promos (just my Dollar express membership) and the "city special" for the premium size came up at the lowest rates.

Available rates:

Compact - $220 (rates before taxes)
Mid size -$225
Standard - $319
Full size - $234
Premium - $192
Mid size SUV - $211

Premium total was $255.71. Then I added the coupon and the price was $231.98

So, as that's the only current code that runs into December, it was the cheapest option...

You received a premium car at the preferred rate because that code entitles you to the following discount:

"Get 15% off a Premium Car Minivan Mid-size SUV or Standard SUV when you pick up by December 20th 2012."

A compact is not included in that promotion. :)

mzozzietj
10-13-2012, 07:03 AM

I tried your dates as well and it is crazy how high it is. What about picking up the car a couple days later or dropping off a couple days early on-site someplace? Our rates were drastically less picking up on 12/1 so it's like those extra 2 days more than double your costs. Another option would be two reservations but you'd have to go back to drop off/pick up. If it's a difference of a couple hundred dollars it might be worth the time though.

Have you compared onsite prices as well instead of the airport? We never do because we're lugging a car seat for the plane trip so we prefer to pick up at the airport, but I thought I'd mention as an idea. Maybe picking up onsite on 12/1 and drop off at the airport or some variation will be reasonable.

robinb
10-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Just planned a "spur of the moment" trip for 12/16 - 12/20. Looked at car rental prices. Ouch. Of course, I booked for Sun - Thurs to not have to pay "weekend" hotel rates at WDW, but almost all coupons and other specials require a Saturday night stay. This happened last trip in late April, but got a code/discount at the last minute with Dollar. Hope the same happens this trip!Payless has a Compact for $126 with taxes.

livie1205
10-13-2012, 09:49 AM
I got a midsize for 10 days through dollar for 170.00 with a code off mousesavers for dec.I relized it was not always cheaper to pick up and return at the same time and it saved me a days rental.

tripletsmama
10-13-2012, 10:40 AM
I got a midsize for 10 days through dollar for 170.00 with a code off mousesavers for dec.I relized it was not always cheaper to pick up and return at the same time and it saved me a days rental.

I was wondering about that. When they ask what time you're picking up and dropping off, are there certain times that generally give you a better rate?

livie1205
10-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Well, I always use to pick up and drop off at the same time but it was a pain, we like to pick up early but it was a pain to drop off early so I started putting pick up 6:30 am then drop off 6:30 pm so we did not have to get up at get the car back and was surprised that it did not cost more to do.I dont know about all rental places but with the dollar here it works out great.we are renting for 10 days so I was expecting to pay ALOT but I ended up getting it for under 200.00! I have a mini van but really only needed a smaller car so I rent to save on gas and wear and tear for my van.

hsmamato2
10-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Advantage has great rates...I just got a rate of 130.75 for Dec 7-16 medium car- my previous rate was 124.00 for a tinier car....
well,this is definitely cheaper than shuttles or taxis....

schriverl
10-13-2012, 09:29 PM
I tried your dates as well and it is crazy how high it is. What about picking up the car a couple days later or dropping off a couple days early on-site someplace? Our rates were drastically less picking up on 12/1 so it's like those extra 2 days more than double your costs. Another option would be two reservations but you'd have to go back to drop off/pick up. If it's a difference of a couple hundred dollars it might be worth the time though.

Have you compared onsite prices as well instead of the airport? We never do because we're lugging a car seat for the plane trip so we prefer to pick up at the airport, but I thought I'd mention as an idea. Maybe picking up onsite on 12/1 and drop off at the airport or some variation will be reasonable.

That is my next atep. 12/1 to 12/8 from someplace on property. Thanks for your input!

QueenElinor
10-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I priced all the cars first without using any promos (just my Dollar express membership) and the "city special" for the premium size came up at the lowest rates.

Available rates:

Compact - $220 (rates before taxes)
Mid size -$225
Standard - $319
Full size - $234
Premium - $192
Mid size SUV - $211

Premium total was $255.71. Then I added the coupon and the price was $231.98

So, as that's the only current code that runs into December, it was the cheapest option...

Yep, I did the same thing. The premium was cheapest even without the promotion, and with it was much cheaper. I think people aren't renting them because of the gas- but we're only going to/from the airport and IOA, plus the resort. There's no way the next cheapest car was going to save me THAT much gas- especially since it's an SUV.

I got my rental for the 13-19th down to $205, inclusive.:thumbsup2 And now we don't have to worry about having space for 5 people, heck maybe we can take another DIS family (or two)!:rotfl:

I got me a car that's as big as a whale, and it's about to set sail.... :car:

Southernswthrt
10-15-2012, 11:39 PM
What's the dollar coupon you guys are using? The premium is over 300 for me....

QueenElinor
10-16-2012, 12:52 AM
What's the dollar coupon you guys are using? The premium is over 300 for me....

4PMVM, I believe it ends on Dec. 20.

I got me a Chrysler that seats about twenty- so come on and bring your juke box money! :car: