PDA

View Full Version : Hope to be a new DVC member in 60 days! Card Carrying Member!

princesscinderella
03-29-2012, 03:33 PM
We signed our contract today for 230 pts at boardwalk villas today! I'm so excited now the waiting begins. Our terms were $55 pt, buyer pays 2012 maint fees, seller pays closing costs. My in laws have been members since 95 I think they are happy because now we will stop asking them to use their points. I spoke with Disney about purchasing bwv direct and they wanted $115 a point. :scared:.

goldenears
03-29-2012, 03:51 PM
We signed our contract today for 230 pts at boardwalk villas today! I'm so excited now the waiting begins. Our terms were $55 pt, buyer pays 2012 maint fees, seller pays closing costs. My in laws have been members since 95 I think they are happy because now we will stop asking them to use their points. I spoke with Disney about purchasing bwv direct and they wanted $115 a point. :scared:.

Congratulations!!!!

vaDisneyGuy
03-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Congratulations, we own at the BCV

princesscinderella
03-29-2012, 06:18 PM
I love the bcv and bwv but after reading all the posts here about the location of the DVC bcv I decided on bwv. We have 3 young kids so we love that we can walk to epcot and hs parks without having to fold up the strollers. All the restaurants within walking distance are awesome, love blue zoo at the dolphin.

DisDad07
03-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Congratulations, We have yet to stay at BWV but others say its great. We have stayed at BCV and you are right, the walk to Epcot is great. We try to go in Oct for the food and wine festival every year.

princesscinderella
03-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Congratulations, We have yet to stay at BWV but others say its great. We have stayed at BCV and you are right, the walk to Epcot is great. We try to go in Oct for the food and wine festival every year.

It's nice that the walk is so close after too much tequila in Mexico :cool1:
I have not actually stayed a bwv either. We have stayed at the swan and dolphin numerous times on star wood points and always walk around and grab a bite at the boardwalk. My in laws own at old key west so we go with them we usually stay there, they are very spacious. We love AKL too and have stayed at kidani a couple times. We love that the 1 bedrooms have 2 bathrooms but it's just so far from the action.

gray52
03-29-2012, 10:43 PM
$115/point? I'd be embarrassed to sell someone a contract at that price knowing it could be had for half that. Wow.

Welcome Home!

Missyrose
03-29-2012, 11:16 PM

Congrats and welcome home! We're new BWV owners too! Can't wait for our first trip "home" in January. :woohoo:

jekjones1558
03-30-2012, 06:37 AM

Good luck on ROFR and hope to be welcoming you as the newest BWV neighbor soon! :thumbsup2

gatorgirl02
03-30-2012, 03:20 PM

Good luck with the ROFR process and hopefully you will be owners soon! :yay:

princesscinderella
04-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Just trying to keep my buying timeline going. Got word today that the contract is now fully executed and it was sent today to ROFR. Let the 30 day anticipation begin....

Kidanifan08
04-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Congratulations and good luck with ROFR. That's a great price/pt! We just stayed in a BWV-1BR BW view and it was awesome. Our home is AKV, but we enjoy trying out the other resorts as well.

Let us know how things work out!

princesscinderella
04-03-2012, 10:40 PM
I intend on keeping this thread active through the whole process for the benefit of future purchasers. We also booked today using my in-laws point 3nights at the grand Californian hotel for a total of 168 points -we wanted downtown disney view- that we will then use our points once we close to book for them the regular DVC properties. I did not want to take the chance of the wait list for the vgc not coming through for us. It nice that through them we have access to the Disney collection etc and can transfer points to them. We are going to bank what's left for hopefully a trip to aulani next year.

jocin3
04-04-2012, 06:56 AM
Welcome home neighbor!!:yay::yay:

gray52
04-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Here's my final numbers from start to finish...

BWV - 100pts - Oct UY - $60/pt all 2012 pts and beyond:

Feb 5 - Made offer
Feb 6 - Sent to ROFR
Feb 29 - Passed ROFR
March 10 - Received closing docs
March 12 - Returned closing docs w/ payment via UPS next day air
March 13 - UPS lost our package en-route
March 20 - Closing docs finally arrive at destination.
March 26 CLOSED
April 3 BWV contract added to my DVC web account (already established from our OKW contract). Contract added around 10am. Points loaded at 1pm.

57 days start to finish.

princesscinderella
04-04-2012, 03:23 PM
Here's my final numbers from start to finish...

BWV - 100pts - Oct UY - $60/pt all 2012 pts and beyond:

Feb 5 - Made offer
Feb 6 - Sent to ROFR
Feb 29 - Passed ROFR
March 10 - Received closing docs
March 12 - Returned closing docs w/ payment via UPS next day air
March 13 - UPS lost our package en-route
March 20 - Closing docs finally arrive at destination.
March 26 CLOSED
April 3 BWV contract added to my DVC web account (already established from our OKW contract). Contract added around 10am. Points loaded at 1pm
57 days start to finish.

That give me hope to close soon as you had quite a delay with the closing docs getting lost. Thanks.

KSL
04-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi all! I'm joining in to follow along as we just had an offer on BWV verbally accepted around noon today :cool1: and now I am anxiously awaiting docs to sign and return so that this can get submitted to Disney for ROFR and hopefully move along to a speedy closing! It will be great to follow along with the OP's experience and see how it compares to ours. Good luck to all for of us in the waiting phase! :cutie:

lions1995
04-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Congratulations and good luck with ROFR. It looks like a good deal.

Stayed at BWVs last November and I loved it. The atmoshpere, entertainment on the BW and close distance to EPCOT and HS are all pluses. But you already know that.

I recently bought a VWL contract (resale) and it took me about 70 days from offer to close, but my closing was delayed 10 days becuase the orginal owners had a vacation scheduled.

fmer55
04-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Congratulations and good luck with ROFR. It looks like a good deal.

Stayed at BWVs last November and I loved it. The atmoshpere, entertainment on the BW and close distance to EPCOT and HS are all pluses. But you already know that.

I recently bought a VWL contract (resale) and it took me about 70 days from offer to close, but my closing was delayed 10 days becuase the orginal owners had a vacation scheduled.

i guess i will join in to the bwv first timers theme.....and keep you posted since i am a bit ahead of you

3/6 first call ever to fidelity,or anyone for that matter contract i was calling about was gone but they had one that hadn't hit the web yet, 200 feb uy, asking 60. Offered 50 accepted within 45 mins.
3/8 my contracts go back signed
3/12 sellers contracts signed, they didnt have email, had to use mail
3/14 sent to ROFR
4/10 28 days and still no word. Hopefully hear by the EOW

princesscinderella
04-10-2012, 05:29 PM
i guess i will join in to the bwv first timers theme.....and keep you posted since i am a bit ahead of you

3/6 first call ever to fidelity,or anyone for that matter contract i was calling about was gone but they had one that hadn't hit the web yet, 200 feb uy, asking 60. Offered 50 accepted within 45 mins.
3/14 sent to ROFR

Thanks for joining in on the wait, hopefully yours will end well for you very soon :banana:. I am also using fidelity, funny my sellers did not have e-mail either I wonder if they are the same as I know she said mine was their final contract the were selling, implying they were selling off all their contracts. Mine is also a feb UY and seller was asking $60. :rolleyes1

I'm surprised that just in the two weeks since I began our process how fewer BWV contracts are listed right now. That makes me really hope we pass ROFR the first time around as to go back to the offer stage with not much inventory to choose from stinks!

:wizard: I wish all us future BWV owners pixie dust as we make our way through this process.:wizard:

gatorgirl02
04-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Unfortunately, I think you may be right princesscinderella. The BWV stock is very low and the sellers that are left in the pot are "offended" by any offers in the $50 range. There were 3 or 4 reasonably priced BWV contracts that hit the market last week (Thursday night) and they were gone by Friday. I think you both got lucky that you had reasonable sellers to deal with. But, someone should tell those seller asking $65 that they are going to be sitting there for a while...

princesscinderella
04-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I agree at $65 a point for bwv with only 30 years left is the same average of ($65 divided by 30) as purchasing AKL for $95 a point with it's 45 years left. And the listing price for AKL is starting in low seventies. If you want that point value to years left ratio might as well buy through Disney with their 20 points free for every hundred you buy and have access to the Disney collection, cruises etc in case you want a change of pace.

fmer55
04-11-2012, 10:43 AM

3/14 sent to ROFR

4/11..............drumroll

wait for it...........

wait............

200 BWV Feb uy. all 2012, all 2013, $50pp, prorated MF's, buyer pays closing

drumroll please................................

Passed ROFR today :worship: thank you monkey, thank you

princesscinderella
04-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Congrats fmer55!!!!!!! Now you are going to be chomping at the bit to close so you can secure your reservations! My sister I have signed up for the F&W 1/2 marathon, the seven month window opened for us on the 9th so I'm hoping to get something at any of the resorts for the 9th and 10th of Nov. it's going to be a girls weekend!

fmer55
04-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Congrats fmer55!!!!!!! Now you are going to be chomping at the bit to close so you can secure your reservations! My sister I have signed up for the F&W 1/2 marathon, the seven month window opened for us on the 9th so I'm hoping to get something at any of the resorts for the 9th and 10th of Nov. it's going to be a girls weekend!

I have a trip planned oct 25-28, not going for foodd and wine , going for MNSSHP, DD's 6 and 3 and DW and grandma, hoping to get 2br Savannah at AKL. Was at BW feb 8-12 for first time with Family and loved it. Knew i wanted BWV to be my home

Missyrose
04-11-2012, 11:24 AM

wait for it...........

wait............

Congratulations! I hope closing goes quickly for you! :goodvibes

gatorgirl02
04-11-2012, 11:30 AM

wait for it...........

wait............

Wow, that is a great deal and I bet you are sooo excited to pass ROFR, CONGRATS!!! :banana:

princesscinderella
04-11-2012, 11:52 AM
I have a trip planned oct 25-28, not going for foodd and wine , going for MNSSHP, DD's 6 and 3 and DW and grandma, hoping to get 2br Savannah at AKL. Was at BW feb 8-12 for first time with Family and loved it. Knew i wanted BWV to be my home

How fun we have not done MNSSHP before but are hoping to do it this year in DL as we will be there oct 2-5th. My husband has a conference in LA so it's the perfect excuse to take the kids to the Land and check out the new cars land at CA. My kids are DS 7. DD 4, DD 2. We always had one that was too little to be up that late., but the littlest one will be three by then and if I get her to nap I think she will be ok. We love kidani and how your car is the covered garage and so close to your room as compared to the lodge and the extra bathroom is great too. We did stay in the lodge in a 1bdrm which was directly in front of the bridge on the 5th floor that goes across the lobby and the kids loved playing on that, they felt like they had their own special walkway. I checked your dates and as of today there are two bedroom savanna views available at kidani, so hopefully they will still be when u are able to book.

fmer55
04-11-2012, 12:12 PM
How fun we have not done MNSSHP before but are hoping to do it this year in DL as we will be there oct 2-5th. My husband has a conference in LA so it's the perfect excuse to take the kids to the Land and check out the new cars land at CA. My kids are DS 7. DD 4, DD 2. We always had one that was too little to be up that late., but the littlest one will be three by then and if I get her to nap I think she will be ok. We love kidani and how your car is the covered garage and so close to your room as compared to the lodge and the extra bathroom is great too. We did stay in the lodge in a 1bdrm which was directly in front of the bridge on the 5th floor that goes across the lobby and the kids loved playing on that, they felt like they had their own special walkway. I checked your dates and as of today there are two bedroom savanna views available at kidani, so hopefully they will still be when u are able to book.

2 available is encouraging, especially with F&W at that time, and for the most part all 7 month windows have already come and gone, really want to experience savanna with grandma, it is hard to get her to go on vacation. Thanks for checking:thumbsup2

fmer55
04-19-2012, 10:55 AM
ok so taday i learned that estoppels are done, 8 days after passing ROFR:

Congratulations on your Disney timeshare purchase! Your Closing Documents have been approved and the title company has been instructed to send out your Closing Packet to you.

Your title company is: First American Title Insurance Company in Maitland, FL.

Please allow 3-4 business days to receive your Closing Documents by email. PLEASE NOTE: Closing Documents are emailed to you unless otherwise requested.

gatorgirl02
04-19-2012, 02:30 PM

Princess - My DH and I are running the 1/2 too, so we will see you there! :wave2:

fmer55
04-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Princess - My DH and I are running the 1/2 too, so we will see you there! :wave2:

oooooooooohhhhhh i am not running!!!!!!!!!:rotfl2:

princesscinderella
04-19-2012, 04:08 PM
This will be my first time running ever I'm just starting to train, I hope to do it at least once in my lifetime, I don't ever think I could do a full marathon. Gator girl we should meet up at the after party for a drink! Fmer55 congrats on getting one step closer to closing. I called Sharon at fidelity today just to pick her brain and confirm the day ours was sent to ROFR (4/3). I told her I was getting worried as the BWV inventory is almost non existent if we got ROFR'ed, she told me she would be surprised if Disney bought them. It helped put my mind at ease, since I've got two weeks left of waiting.

bdoleary
04-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Just trying to keep my buying timeline going. Got word today that the contract is now fully executed and it was sent today to ROFR. Let the 30 day anticipation begin....

Over half way there - went to ROFR on 4/3 - the same day you did for a unit at BCV - Good Luck!

princesscinderella
04-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Over half way there - went to ROFR on 4/3 - the same day you did for a unit at BCV - Good Luck!

We should hear if we pass around the same time then. Sharon told me the ROFR usually come out once a week usually either a monday or wednesday and she does the e-mails as soon as she gets in to get the good news to her clients as soon as possible. We can wave to each other across Crescent Lake!

bdoleary
04-20-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm working with Sharon too - she's been great to deal with - Hang in there.

bdoleary
05-01-2012, 08:46 AM
No news yet - I think tomorrow will be the day!

princesscinderella
05-01-2012, 08:52 AM
No news here either, I'm going to check my e-mail every hour today. Sharon told me they typically do ROFR on a tues, wed, or thursday so we will know within 48 hours. Here hoping we are not back to making offers on contracts!

fmer55
05-01-2012, 02:20 PM
No news here either, I'm going to check my e-mail every hour today. Sharon told me they typically do ROFR on a tues, wed, or thursday so we will know within 48 hours. Here hoping we are not back to making offers on contracts!

Closed today....updated timeline

here is my timeline on a fidelity contract, i will tell you that TTS customers who passed same day as me are closed already.

3/6 offered and accepted
3/14 sent to ROFR
4/12 passed rofr
4/19 informed estoppels all good and in hand of title ccompany
4/25 received closing docs and sent back fedex
5/1 officially closed

princesscinderella
05-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Closed today....updated timeline

here is my timeline on a fidelity contract, i will tell you that TTS customers who passed same day as me are closed already.

3/6 offered and accepted
3/14 sent to ROFR
4/12 passed rofr
4/19 informed estoppels all good and in hand of title ccompany
4/25 received closing docs and sent back fedex
5/1 officially closed

Congrats on your closing only one more wait to go THE POINTS! Then you can book for the next 30 years. :banana:

princesscinderella
05-01-2012, 05:18 PM
We passed ROFR!!!! Yippee it took 29 days for us.

fmer55
05-01-2012, 08:35 PM
We passed ROFR!!!! Yippee it took 29 days for us.

congrats:thumbsup2

princesscinderella
05-08-2012, 02:33 PM
We go our closing docs by email today. I was surprised that we only had to sign two papers. I have already signed them went to the bank and fedexed them back. I hope the sellers are quick too! Yippee not too much longer til my first DVC reservation

fmer55
05-08-2012, 02:39 PM
We go our closing docs by email today. I was surprised that we only had to sign two papers. I have already signed them went to the bank and fedexed them back. I hope the sellers are quick too! Yippee not too much longer til my first DVC reservation

I called today and was told i was put in the system this morning and received my membership number, points not loaded yet so they could not give me internet access. Asked about availability for an oct trip i want to make and was told 2 of the 3 days i wanted are available. I am hoping it works out. I really want my first DVC trip to be one i want to take and not one i make out of availability.

princesscinderella
05-08-2012, 08:00 PM
I called today and was told i was put in the system this morning and received my membership number, points not loaded yet so they could not give me internet access. Asked about availability for an oct trip i want to make and was told 2 of the 3 days i wanted are available. I am hoping it works out. I really want my first DVC trip to be one i want to take and not one i make out of availability.

Well I hope your dates stay available I'd wait list the other day that is not available. I know 1 day waitlsts are easier to fill. Did you call member admin to get your member number? Does the contract number assigned stay the same as the original owners or do they give you a different contract number?

fmer55
05-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Well I hope your dates stay available I'd wait list the other day that is not available. I know 1 day waitlsts are easier to fill. Did you call member admin to get your member number? Does the contract number assigned stay the same as the original owners or do they give you a different contract number?

Yes called member admina and got member number then member services and got my id number but could not get temp pin until points are loaded. The contract number that they ask for to verify you is on your closing contract

princesscinderella
05-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks fmer55 :)

bdoleary
05-08-2012, 09:49 PM

We got ours today also - and they are on their way back via fedex - looks like were still tracking together!

princesscinderella
05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
We got ours today also - and they are on their way back via fedex - looks like were still tracking together!

:banana: it's a race to the finish line now. :moped:

fmer55
05-09-2012, 04:23 PM
:banana: it's a race to the finish line now. :moped:

Today i got the one time activation, but still no points.....this is like the never ending journey:rolleyes2

princesscinderella
05-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Today i got the one time activation, but still no points.....this is like the never ending journey:rolleyes2

Now you have a good war story about how you got your DVC points and all the frustrations to recount with the kids for the next 30 years. :banana:

I'm hoping you only have 24hrs or less til you can secure your reservation.

fmer55
05-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Now you have a good war story about how you got your DVC points and all the frustrations to recount with the kids for the next 30 years. :banana:

I'm hoping you only have 24hrs or less til you can secure your reservation.

It is not a bad story, nor a war story. Just frustrated because what i want is available for only 2 of 3 days. So now the waiting will continue with a waitlist for the last night. No biggie though, i plan to stay at every resort eventually, so let the chips fall where they may. If waitlist doesn't come through i will save 32 pts and stave off addonitis for another year:lmao:

princesscinderella
05-16-2012, 04:04 PM
I called first American yesterday to check on the status of our closing, they had not received the docs from the seller yet. The good news was that they called the seller and they were going to fed ex them so they would get them today. I hope to be closed by the end of the week. Does anyone know how long it takes after closing for the deed to show up on the orange county website?

Missyrose
05-16-2012, 04:34 PM
I called first American yesterday to check on the status of our closing, they had not received the docs from the seller yet. The good news was that they called the seller and they were going to fed ex them so they would get them today. I hope to be closed by the end of the week. Does anyone know how long it takes after closing for the deed to show up on the orange county website?

Mine showed up the day after I got the email from the title company that said we'd closed.

princesscinderella
05-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Mine showed up the day after I got the email from the title company that said we'd closed.

Thanks for the info!

fmer55
05-16-2012, 05:10 PM

Mine took 6 days to show on website, it was there the same day disney set up my account and then 3 days to load the points.

Almost there:cool1:

princesscinderella
05-17-2012, 05:11 PM
We officially closed today!! It took 16 days from Passing ROFR. Now on to the final wait...getting into the DVC database

bethifoody
05-17-2012, 05:16 PM
We officially closed today!! It took 16 days from Passing ROFR. Now on to the final wait...getting into the DVC database

Congrats! Welcome home! We closed today too, but we're 29 days out from passing ROFR (get my frustration now?!). Now where do I find the phone number for member administration/member services?

Missyrose
05-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Now where do I find the phone number for member administration/member services?

Email your broker and they can give it to you. Member administration and member services will be the same phone number but different options in the phone tree.

fmer55
05-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Congrats to both who closed......One more wait left, breathe easy, the hard part is over;)

bethifoody
05-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Thanks, Missyrose! Just shot an email to Rachel... hopefully I'll hear something from her tomorrow. Cammy at First American said she was going to call Disney & ask them to expedite the transfer, so maybe I'll get a little magic? Or maybe she says that to everyone. I hope not!

princesscinderella
05-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Thanks, Missyrose! Just shot an email to Rachel... hopefully I'll hear something from her tomorrow. Cammy at First American said she was going to call Disney & ask them to expedite the transfer, so maybe I'll get a little magic? Or maybe she says that to everyone. I hope not!

Well maybe you will Cammy did not tell me she was going to call Disney to expedite the process.: :cheer2: I would have been crazy if it took 29 days, I was sad that the sellers took a week to get the docs back. She did tell me it takes DVC 3-4 days to get in the system. I am planning on calling Monday morning and everyday thereafter til I can get my reservation for November.

On a side note I asked my husband if he would mind if I bid on a 100 pt BLT contract today (this is after he already agreed to add on direct 50 to 70pts for VGC on our cruise in July). He then told me I need to stay off these boards and stop looking at listings. But I will wear him down eventually with the benefits of owning near MK too.:cool1:

bethifoody
05-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Well maybe you will Cammy did not tell me she was going to call Disney to expedite the process.: :cheer2: I would have been crazy if it took 29 days, I was sad that the sellers took a week to get the docs back. She did tell me it takes DVC 3-4 days to get in the system. I am planning on calling Monday morning and everyday thereafter til I can get my reservation for November.

On a side note I asked my husband if he would mind if I bid on a 100 pt BLT contract today (this is after he already agreed to add on direct 50 to 70pts for VGC on our cruise in July). He then told me I need to stay off these boards and stop looking at listings. But I will wear him down eventually with the benefits of owning near MK too.:cool1:

Cammy told me it takes about 3 days too, but that she'd ask them to expedite so I can get on my reservation. Fingers crossed!

Funny you mention the addition of more pts. I mentioned at dinner the other night that I'd been thinking about more already & I think my dh asked me what I'd been smoking, lol... Our contract hadn't even closed. I'll broach the topic again next Christmas...

Missyrose
05-17-2012, 06:42 PM

My buying moratorium (which started immediately after sending the big check off to closing for my BWV contract), lasted exactly two months. I already bid on another contract. :rolleyes1

princesscinderella
05-17-2012, 07:05 PM
My buying moratorium (which started immediately after sending the big check off to closing for my BWV contract), lasted exactly two months. I already bid on another contract. :rolleyes1

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

bdoleary
05-18-2012, 09:11 AM

Congratulations :thumbsup2 we got the news on Tuesday that we closed as well - next contact will be from Disney - it seemed like a long process but everthing went on or ahead of schedule - the sellers were great about getting their paperwork in - as were we - I'm glad it's over! 1st one down - ?? to go!

princesscinderella
05-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Congratulations :thumbsup2 we got the news on Tuesday that we closed as well - next contact will be from Disney - it seemed like a long process but everthing went on or ahead of schedule - the sellers were great about getting their paperwork in - as were we - I'm glad it's over! 1st one down - ?? to go!

Congrats! You beat me by two days. Our deed is already showing up on the orange county comptroller's website.

:cheer2::beach:

bethifoody
05-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Our deed is showing up too!

DizBub
05-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Congratulations on your closing!! :thumbsup2

princesscinderella
05-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Thank you all for sharing in my journey to DVC ownership. Here is our final timeline:

3/27 Offer made and counter offer accepted with stipulation the sellers pay closing costs
3/29 Contracts signed by buyer
4/2 Contracts signed by seller
4/3 Sent to ROFR
5/1 Disney waived ROFR
5/8 Got closing docs by email and sent them back with payment by fed ex
5/16 Seller send their closing docs back to First American
5/17 We Closed!!
5/22 Loaded in to DVC system
5/23 Called and got member number and website login complete, points loaded and made first reservation!

We had a fantastic experience working with Sharon at Fidelity and I highly recommend them and First American Title. They were always just a phone call or e-mail away and answered all my questions in a timely manner.

Best of luck to all you who are just beginning the process. It is definitely worth the wait.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

cpfd910
05-23-2012, 11:14 AM
Mine went to ROFR on May 15th 200SSR DEC use yr 164 from 10' 200 from 11 and I do not understand what they did 164 from 2012 I am trying to get into AKV in the middle of September 13th to the 18th and burn up the 10' points if anyone can help with checking availability looking for a 1 bedroom on the club level

Thank You

princesscinderella
05-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Mine went to ROFR on May 15th 200SSR DEC use yr 164 from 10' 200 from 11 and I do not understand what they did 164 from 2012 I am trying to get into AKV in the middle of September 13th to the 18th and burn up the 10' points if anyone can help with checking availability looking for a 1 bedroom on the club level

Thank You
I checked for you since I am giving the website a test drive.
I know that availablity will most definitely change as you still have at least 6 more weeks til you could book but there is no club level rooms but all the one bedrooms with the different views are available for your dates. Sept is not a busy time due to heat and hurricane season so you might get lucky that it is still available when you close.

Congrats on being sent to ROFR!

fmer55
05-23-2012, 01:50 PM

Thank You

I am not doing the scolding, just warning, you will get scolded for asking people to check availability for you!

Missyrose
05-23-2012, 02:36 PM

Thank You
Also, AKV club level is difficult to get beyond 11 months out and almost impossible beyond the 7-month mark. Just something to keep in mind going forward.

Bellabully
05-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences of this process with all of us. It truly helps to understand how things work and keeps the anxiety level to a minimum (I'd like to say non-existent but that wouldn't be true:rotfl:). My story is I'm anxiously awaiting (see a pattern:laughing:) ROFR on a BWV contract that was sent in on May 3rd. This is truly a dream of mine for more that 20 years, ouch, sounds so ancient, but I went to Disney for the first time at 21 years old and wanted to go back as often as possible:goodvibes. Fast forward to adulthood and finally in a position to make this a reality:cloud9:. So, thanks again to all of you for sharing this adventure with me:grouphug:. Will you keep you posted on the outcome. Pixie dust to all for all of your wishes and dreams.

bdoleary
05-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences of this process with all of us. It truly helps to understand how things work and keeps the anxiety level to a minimum (I'd like to say non-existent but that wouldn't be true:rotfl:). My story is I'm anxiously awaiting (see a pattern:laughing:) ROFR on a BWV contract that was sent in on May 3rd. This is truly a dream of mine for more that 20 years, ouch, sounds so ancient, but I went to Disney for the first time at 21 years old and wanted to go back as often as possible:goodvibes. Fast forward to adulthood and finally in a position to make this a reality:cloud9:. So, thanks again to all of you for sharing this adventure with me:grouphug:. Will you keep you posted on the outcome. Pixie dust to all for all of your wishes and dreams.

Good luck with the ROFR process - things were getting scary for a while at BWV with ROFR's but it looks like things have settled down. I hope the 30 days pass quickly and your dream comes true!

Bellabully
05-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Good luck with the ROFR process - things were getting scary for a while at BWV with ROFR's but it looks like things have settled down. I hope the 30 days pass quickly and your dream comes true!

Thank you:cloud9:

princesscinderella
05-23-2012, 07:49 PM

Congrats on your contract at BWV! There is definitely slim pickings out there right now, but it comes down to location and the boardwalk is beautiful. I feel so relieved the process is over, I was nervous through ROFR because I saw that there were few contracts to choose from if I did not make it through. But the closing docs came quickly and the last half of waiting was not bad at all. I was able to get a reservation at Saratoga springs for a 1 bedroom for the food and wine half marathon, it was all that was left not a studio or two bedroom anywhere. Pixie dust to your wishes and dreams too. I'm only 31 so I'm hoping the rumor about bwv being extended is true because if not I will be 62 when it expires and still plan to go to Disney til i'm 90 even if my grandkids have to push me in a wheelchair. :hippie:

cpfd910
05-23-2012, 09:10 PM
I am not doing the scolding, just warning, you will get scolded for asking people to check availability for you!

sorry did not know my son wants to stay their for his birthday and I wanted to know what I was up against

Bellabully
05-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Congrats on your contract at BWV! There is definitely slim pickings out there right now, but it comes down to location and the boardwalk is beautiful. I feel so relieved the process is over, I was nervous through ROFR because I saw that there were few contracts to choose from if I did not make it through. But the closing docs came quickly and th last half of waiting was not bad at all. I was able to a reservation at Saratoga springs for a 1 bedroom for the food and wine half marathon, it was all that was left not a studio or two bedroom anywhere. Pixie dust to your wishes and dreams too. I'm only 31 so I'm hoping the rumor about bwv being extended is true because if not I will be 62 when it expires and still plan to go to Disney even if my kids have to push me in a wheelchair. :hippie:

Princesscinderella, Thank you for the return of good wishes! Your right BW is slim right now, so I feel great about the deal, seller's were prompt:love:. Congrats on your success too. Would love if BW was extended:cheer2:. Hope to grow old at Disney with my family and all my DIS friends;)

fmer55
05-23-2012, 09:57 PM
sorry did not know my son wants to stay their for his birthday and I wanted to know what I was up against

Best of luck!!!;)

Bellabully
05-31-2012, 02:33 PM

Just wanted to update, we passed ROFR:cheer2: Thanks to everyone for sharing:grouphug:

princesscinderella
05-31-2012, 04:04 PM
congrats bellabully on passing ROFR!

boldeary did you get your reservation yet?

I got my DVC point book and member number in the mail on 5/26. No ID card yet but the letter said it takes 4 to 6 weeks.

princesscinderella
06-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Our completed final timeline.

3/27 Offer made and counter offer accepted with stipulation the sellers pay closing costs
4/3 Sent to ROFR
5/1 Disney waived ROFR
5/17 We Closed!!
5/23 Called and got member number and website login complete, points loaded and made first reservation!
5/26 received point charts for 2013 and 2012 vacation planner.
6/4 Official DVC member cards arrive in the mail and our copies of the recorded deed from the title company.

Thanks to all for your support in the journey.

My wait list for a studio at okw already came through for the F&W half marathon too!

DougEMG
06-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Our completed final timeline.

4/3 Sent to ROFR
5/1 Disney waived ROFR
5/17 We Closed!!
5/26 received point charts for 2013 and 2012 vacation planner.
6/4 Official DVC member cards arrive in the mail and our copies of the recorded deed from the title company.

Thanks to all for your support in the journey.

My wait list for a studio at okw already came through for the F&W half marathon too!

Congradulations :cool1:

I'm always amazed that the sellers nearly always take longer to get their paperwork back in then the buyers do. You'd think that the sellers would want to hurry the process along so they could get their money ASAP.

Shazzasmd
06-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Good deal! It must be fun to get your actual cards in hand!

princesscinderella
06-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Good deal! It must be fun to get your actual cards in hand!

It does feel good and I'm going to flash it at the DVC guides on the fantasy to score our first DVC swag :banana:. I have read the give staterooms gifts and hats and pins at the DVC meets. My husband wants points at the Grand Floridian but I dont think they will be on sale yet to get the special cruise pricing. I'd be happy with more points at BLT but the GF is my favorite especially at the holidays when they give you hot cider and chestnuts as you enter the lobby.

As for slow sellers getting their stuff back my sellers were in their 70s and did not have e-mail so it took a little longer but the wait was not as bad as you have had Doug or elmc.