PDA

View Full Version : Anything to do at MCO?

gigi1313
03-28-2012, 11:13 PM
We are cruising on DCL and are thinking about using their port to airport transportation, but will have a significant amount of time to occupy... Any suggestions besides eating and drinking? we will have two teens and a four year old to entertain!

Thanks!

MAYNARDS99
03-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Since you've decided to use Disney's port to airport transportation, what about doing a port excursion to the Kennedy Space Center with drop off at the airport? The space center is very interesting and a visit is worthwhile.

If you still get to the airport hours before your flight, I suggest going to the Hyatt Regency airport hotel's rooftop pool. You can relax, a quick swim, have your last vacation cocktail and a bite to eat.

I'm from Massapequa, many moons ago!

gigi1313
03-29-2012, 06:35 AM
How would we arrange a port excursion like that? And DCL transport runs all day?

Also, I am assuming the Hyatt requires us to book a room to use their pool, etc, yes? I doubt it's in the budget for a few hours enjoyment... Thanks!

Lewisc
03-29-2012, 07:56 AM
The hotel probably offers a "day rate", I'm not sure how much. DCL probably runs a shore excursion on your disembarkation day. You spend the day at KSC and are bused to MCO. You have to check your flight schedule and make sure it works.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
03-29-2012, 08:26 AM
The hotel probably offers a "day rate", I'm not sure how much.

Here's a link to a day rate booking:

http://www.between9and5.com/en/h1965/day_rooms_Hyatt_Regency_Orlando_Int_l_Airport/

Looks like its right around $100.

I didn't even know this was offered....will have to keep in mind for future trips :thumbsup2 .

MAYNARDS99
03-29-2012, 01:09 PM
Gigi - the pool has a bar which sells drinks and light snacks. I've never had a room.

Shelly F - Ohio
03-29-2012, 02:47 PM
You could look into get a day room here is the info

http://orlandoairport.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/news-details.jsp?newsId=22934308