PDA

View Full Version : Southwest points and canceling flight

cbnsoul
03-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Sorry of this has been posted (I'm having all kinda problems finding anything with Search lately). If I book a flight using Rapid Rewards points and then cancel, do I have to use those points again within a year or lose them? If that is the case, do I have to TRAVEL within the year or just BOOK a flight by then? Can't find anything on Southwest.com that states the policy either way.

lynn_s
03-27-2012, 08:19 AM
For travel booked with points, the points go back into your account like they were never used - so they don't have to be used in a certain timeframe.

leebee
06-02-2012, 08:50 AM
If there's an airfare sale for my itinerary, which I purchased with points, do I need to totally rebook or will they just put the point difference back into my account? Should I cancel, see the points back in the account, then rebook?

Zerosinthecloset
06-02-2012, 09:48 AM
If there's an airfare sale for my itinerary, which I purchased with points, do I need to totally rebook or will they just put the point difference back into my account? Should I cancel, see the points back in the account, then rebook?

No. Just do a "Change Flight", and change either one or both legs. If you have EBCI a change will preserve it, a cancel will eliminate it. The difference in points will go back into your account.