PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving availabililty?


dangeron
03-25-2012, 07:31 PM
We just made an accepted offer on our first DVC contract, don't think the sellers have signed yet though. My questions is, assuming we can close by end of May, what's the likelihood of availability of a 1bd from Nov 17 -24? My brother is getting married then and we plan to give him the points for his honeymoon. They already have a disney trip planned but would be able to cancel for a full refund. They would prefer BWV but I think they would be happy anywhere. Think we will have any options?

hmire
03-25-2012, 07:40 PM
We are hoping for the same thing. We are going Nov 15-20 need a 2br. AKL and SSR is the 2 people have said I will probably have open. I want AKL savannah view!

DisDad07
03-25-2012, 07:50 PM
Once you get in the sustem, ( after closing ),you will most likely be at the 7 month window, and you can go to any of the resorts for reservations. You should not have any problems.

G2MAmber
03-25-2012, 07:54 PM
I agree, you shouldn't have a problem! :goodvibes

dangeron
03-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks! I know there is no way to know until I can actually log on and book it, but I hate to offer it to him for his honeymoon only to have to say "sorry, can't do". But sounds encouraging!

amypetecar
03-25-2012, 08:26 PM
You may have trouble finding a room over thanksgiving week. Your best bet will be SSR or OKW

dangeron
03-25-2012, 08:43 PM
We are hoping for the same thing. We are going Nov 15-20 need a 2br. AKL and SSR is the 2 people have said I will probably have open. I want AKL savannah view!

Good Luck to you!! Are you waiting on ROFR too? We are so Excited!!

Deb & Bill
03-25-2012, 09:21 PM
We just made an accepted offer on our first DVC contract, don't think the sellers have signed yet though. My questions is, assuming we can close by end of May, what's the likelihood of availability of a 1bd from Nov 17 -24? My brother is getting married then and we plan to give him the points for his honeymoon. They already have a disney trip planned but would be able to cancel for a full refund. They would prefer BWV but I think they would be happy anywhere. Think we will have any options?

If you close in May, you are going to have a hard time finding anything for Thanksgiving when you would be less than six months out. Most members book that week 11 months out. And you will already be past the seven month mark. You might get SSR or OKW, but I doubt if you are going to get seven nights at one resort in one villa. You might be able to mix and match a night here and there, but nothing like a honeymoon. Why not offer them the week for a one year anniversary present instead?

dangeron
03-25-2012, 10:05 PM
If you close in May, you are going to have a hard time finding anything for Thanksgiving when you would be less than six months out. Most members book that week 11 months out. And you will already be past the seven month mark. You might get SSR or OKW, but I doubt if you are going to get seven nights at one resort in one villa. You might be able to mix and match a night here and there, but nothing like a honeymoon. Why not offer them the week for a one year anniversary present instead?

This is more what i expected with kids being out of school etc. we just know we likely wont be able to use the pts ourselves and they plan to go anyway. If it doesnt work out, thats ok. I wouldnt want to move resorts on my honeymoon! Thanks for the input