PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue Opening Schedule Until 1/6/2013 Tomorrow


ssawka
03-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Received an email saying that JB will open up their schedule through 1/6 tomorrow. The question is, is it better to book right when the schedule is released, or wait until a few months before? Since we are going during the holidays, I think booking early might be a good strategy. What do you think?

edbo77
03-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Get it ASAP if you think the price is right. I bought tickets for a recent February 2012 trip when they came out on July 4th, 2011. $99/each way from Boston to Florida, can't beat that!

sevans89
03-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Jet Blue's schedule is showing up on bing.com and kayak.com. Can't book them yet, but times and prices are there. You could take a peek and see what the prices are looking like. I think I remember this happening the last time they extended their schedule, it started showing up on these other sites the day before.

I'll probably book because I can't stand waiting and I'm not sure what prices will do over the summer. We're gong end of October through beginning of November.

Desnik
03-24-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm looking for Xmas week, the 23-28 from NY and can choose from 3 different airports and after looking on kayak.com the roundtrip fares are between $2000-$2500 for our family of 4!:scared1: Last year I remember in Aug. the flights for our family of 4 were around $950. That's a big difference. So, it looks like the prices up front might not be the best. I'm thinking I'll keep my eye on it and see if it goes down as time goes on.

goofy4tink
03-24-2012, 12:58 PM
I checked on my travel dates...12/9-14...Boston to Orlando...on kayak with JB. Fares are showing at $320...not looking good. I seriously doubt we are going to see the low fares we've seen in the past.

mggeary
03-24-2012, 05:48 PM
All right boys and girls, help me out. In the past we have only gone school break and busy weeks. We usually fly JB or AT out of Logan. Could do SW out of Manchester. In the past, booking when fares first relased paid off. This year going 11/10/12 - 11/17/12 which is not forecast to be that busy (though the return flight could be influenced by Thanksgiving i guess).

Should i book tommorow on JB? Wait and watch till up to 2 months out to jump on something? I was hoping for <$130 one way, but kayak seems to forecast JB flights will open at $160. I'm leaning towards holding off unless i see $130 or less. Is this a mistake?

Thx in advance.

mggeary
03-24-2012, 05:49 PM
All right boys and girls, help me out. In the past we have only gone school break and busy weeks. We usually fly JB or AT out of Logan. Could do SW out of Manchester. In the past, booking when fares first relased paid off. This year going 11/10/12 - 11/17/12 which is not forecast to be that busy (though the return flight could be influenced by Thanksgiving i guess).

Should i book tommorow on JB? Wait and watch till up to 2 months out to jump on something? I was hoping for <$130 one way, but kayak seems to forecast JB flights will open at $160. I'm leaning towards holding off unless i see $130 or less. Is this a mistake?

Thx in advance.

ssawka
03-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Thank you to all that replied so far. Right now it looks like flights for our trip (12/30 - 1/6) are running about $250. That's about $70-$100 more per ticket than we usually spend, however we rarely go at peak times. Also, I have about $260 in JB credits, so I'm thinking I should just go ahead and buy them, however I have a couple questions:

What do you think is the likelihood of prices dropping for Christmas week?
If I use JB credit and the price drops, can I get another JB credit?
What time are the schedules usually released?

Thanks!