PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out ME and ?'s

scdufek
03-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Hi, this Oct. will be our first time using ME. We have decided to fly in a day early so my dh can go to a sales appointment and will be spending the night at a hotel by the airport. Question is, can we use ME the next day to take us to the POR where we will be staying for 9 nights and also at the end of our trip? Not sure of the process and how it works. I know this is probably something so simple.....but, I admit I'm easily confused! TIA

goofy4tink
03-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Yes, it's done all the time. Just reserve your DME ahead of time. They will want arrival times, so you can either just give them a 'dummy' flight arrival time, or tell them you haven't booked flights yet, but will be arriving on such and such a day...obviously the first day of your resort stay.
Then, that morning, get yourselves over to MCO, from wherever you are staying the previous night. Bring all your luggage with you....you will take it down to level 1 (ground transportation) with you and it will be put beneath the bus you are riding on. And yes, you should be prepared to tip the driver for this baggage service.
When you get to your resort, your bags will be unloaded and handed to you...this is when you would tip the driver. If your room isn't ready for you yet, you can have Luggage Assistence (Bell Services) store the bags for you until the room is ready.
Hope that helps.

scdufek
03-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Yes, it's done all the time. Just reserve your DME ahead of time. They will want arrival times, so you can either just give them a 'dummy' flight arrival time, or tell them you haven't booked flights yet, but will be arriving on such and such a day...obviously the first day of your resort stay.
Then, that morning, get yourselves over to MCO, from wherever you are staying the previous night. Bring all your luggage with you....you will take it down to level 1 (ground transportation) with you and it will be put beneath the bus you are riding on. And yes, you should be prepared to tip the driver for this baggage service.
When you get to your resort, your bags will be unloaded and handed to you...this is when you would tip the driver. If your room isn't ready for you yet, you can have Luggage Assistence (Bell Services) store the bags for you until the room is ready.
Hope that helps.

Thank you so much for your speedy reply! The day we are checking out of the POR to head home, do we just attach the yellow tags then or will we need them at all? Thanks!:goodvibes

goofy4tink
03-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Thank you so much for your speedy reply! The day we are checking out of the POR to head home, do we just attach the yellow tags then or will we need them at all? Thanks!:goodvibes
Nope. The yellow tags are only for your arrival into MCO, from home. They are what alert the baggage handlers to pull the bag and get it sent to the resort.
The day you are to checkout, you may be able to check the bags at POR. If you are flying on a 'participating airline' and you are able to check the bags no less than 3 hrs prior to flight departure, you can check the bags there and get boarding passes issued. The RAC (remote airline checkin) counter opens at 5am. As I said, you have to be done with your checkin no less than 3 hrs prior to flight departure. So, if you have a departure time of before 8:30am, you won't have enough time to do this. But, any time after that and you're good to go!!

If you can't use RAC, then you can just store the bags at the resort and get them when it's time to leave. DME will give you a pickup time. It will be about 3hrs prior to flight departure. Be sure to be back at the DME bus stop, ready to board, no less than 15-20 mins before the time they give you!! This means getting back to the resort with enough time to get any bags out of storage, use the bathroom and make that one last gift shop run.

Any questions..just ask.