PDA

View Full Version : June car rental needed from MCO

praisefor3
03-21-2012, 10:49 AM
We were planning on using the Drive out of Florida deal with National, flying one way to MCO. We've done it before and it has worked out great. However, I suddenly found some good RT prices from Delta out of our little city and couldn't resist snatching them up and not facing the 20+ hour drive home with 2 kids. We do need a rental because we are planning to spend our first 3 days in the Keys and then driving back up to Disney for a week. I ALWAYS find good discounts on car rental but I have been absolutely dead in the water on this adventure this time. My preference is National because we are Emerald Club members but I will go with best price on any of the "big" companies. I've googled, checked forums, etc. and am worn out trying codes that don't work. A lot seem to be expiring May 15th. So I thought I'd ask the "pros" and see if anyone can get anything good. In figuring the ROI for flying RT instead of fly/drive I was counting on getting the rental for $300 but just can't get it. Here are our details:

Arrive MCO May 30, 4:30 p.m.
Depart MCO June 9, 6:30 a.m.

Two adults, one tall teenager and a petite 7 year old.

Would sure appreciate any help.

wdwrich
03-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Check Mousesavers.com for coupon and discount codes, and check regularly for better deals/rates. Sometimes you can find great "last-minute" deals just a week or so before your travel date.

soxfan11901
03-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Try Budget code D454301. For your dates and times you can get an intermediate SUV for $311. You can add a coupon on top of that if you have one (BJ's, Costco, etc).
It's around the price you were looking for and will give you something while you keep checking for rates to come down.
It's a public code which needs no memberships or affiliations.

praisefor3
03-21-2012, 08:47 PM
OK so I don't know who "Wendie" is but that really did work, Soxfan! Thank you! I didn't get a coupon to work with it but $311 is far better than anything I was getting. Thank you! Thank you!

azlaura
03-21-2012, 11:19 PM
I believe it is now on the second page here and the second page of the post about Avis switching cars, but the code she used will get you an suv for 159 or 169 a week.
Great deal best I could find and good until the end of June.