PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada is stressing me out

pxlbarrel
03-20-2012, 10:37 PM
It's almost better if Air Canada workers had gone out on strike 2 weeks ago so I would be able to make alternative flight arrangements instead of waiting until the day we fly to find out if we're flying or not.

We're scheduled to fly to Beijing to start our ABD tour on the 30th. With all the Air Canada labour problems and now maintenance crap that's going around, it's become a stressful waiting game. Finding alternative airfare at the very last minute would cost us a whopping fortune.

If only Air Canada would actually allow us to cancel so we could rebook with another airline (yeah, I know ... why would they ever do that, eh?) ... before Friday which is our 7 day window.

We booked the airfare with a travel agent but I'm not sure he'll help if Air Canada doesn't fly on our day. I feel like screaming! :scared:

pigletto
03-20-2012, 10:40 PM
It's almost better if Air Canada workers had gone out on strike 2 weeks ago so I would be able to make alternative flight arrangements instead of waiting until the day we fly to find out if we're flying or not.

We're scheduled to fly to Beijing to start our ABD tour on the 30th. With all the Air Canada labour problems and now maintenance crap that's going around, it's become a stressful waiting game. Finding alternative airfare at the very last minute would cost us a whopping fortune.

If only Air Canada would actually allow us to cancel so we could rebook with another airline (yeah, I know ... why would they ever do that, eh?) ... before Friday which is our 7 day window.

We booked the airfare with a travel agent but I'm not sure he'll help if Air Canada doesn't fly on our day. I feel like screaming! :scared:
I would be furious in your position. I am sure the cost of the flight was already very very high and to play with your vacation and your money while everyone hangs around deciding what to do is ridiculous.
I wish I had an answer for you but I am outraged on your behalf.

snesguy
03-20-2012, 11:25 PM
If you booked through a travel agent you are probably golden. Travel agents have insurance for this and they will get you rebooked if your flight is cancelled.

Even if you booked through AC direct, they will re-accommodate you on some other carrier if they can't get you there, but who knows how long it will take them to get you there. Going through the travel agent was very wise in this case. Make sure they are in the loop in case it comes down to the wire and I'm pretty sure they will take care of you.

pxlbarrel
03-22-2012, 05:59 AM
If you booked through a travel agent you are probably golden. Travel agents have insurance for this and they will get you rebooked if your flight is cancelled.

Even if you booked through AC direct, they will re-accommodate you on some other carrier if they can't get you there, but who knows how long it will take them to get you there. Going through the travel agent was very wise in this case. Make sure they are in the loop in case it comes down to the wire and I'm pretty sure they will take care of you.

Our current flight with Air Canada gets us into Beijing 1 day before the tour starts. I guess the second worse case scenario (the worse being us missing the tour entirely) is that they cancel our flight the day of ... but manage to get us on another carrier that arrives the day the tour starts ... hopefully before the Welcome reception.

I'm trying to be optimistic but it's hard.