PDA

View Full Version : Can I back out??


robinbutterfly
03-20-2012, 07:31 PM
I am getting cold feet. I want to back out of my verbal agreement I have with a DVC.
Can I back out?? Nothing has been signed? Has anyone back out before? I wonder how the company would handle it.

DizBub
03-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Yes, you can back out. How long has it been? I think you have 10 days and if you haven't signed anything or given them any money........just tell them you've changed your mind. They can handle it.

robinbutterfly
03-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Yes, you can back out. How long has it been? I think you have 10 days and if you haven't signed anything or given them any money........just tell them you've changed your mind. They can handle it.

It has been two hours.

papamouse1
03-20-2012, 07:46 PM
I backed out 3 times before we actually bought :)

Most CM's are really cool about it.

robinbutterfly
03-20-2012, 07:53 PM
I backed out 3 times before we actually bought :)

Most CM's are really cool about it.

I did through resale.

bumbershoot
03-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Is this because you feel you aren't getting the best deal, like you said in your other thread?

Just looking at TSS, while I do see contracts below 65 per point, either they are for WAY more points than 140 (you mentioned 140 banked in your other thread so I'm assuming it's for around that price) so ultimately it would cost more, or they don't have banked points you can use.

I'm no expert in this, but if this contract works for you and your wallet liked the price a few days before, and you can use it, etc etc, I wouldn't necessarily back out. What if you back out, and by the time you can put another offer in, all the lower point cost contracts are gone?


Anyway, do the math like was suggested by someone on your other thread, so it's more of an objective decision...that's what I would do, at least. Though what do I know; we bought Bay Lake through Disney (and financed). I'm certainly not THE best one to give advice on this, LOL.

Missyrose
03-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Yes, you can back out of the verbal agreement. Nothing has been signed so there's nothing for them to hold you to.

If you're looking for better deals, you might want to look somewhere other than TSS. There are four major resale brokers (including TSS) check them all out. Someone told me (and this is second-hand info so I took it with a grain of salt) that TSS will sometimes buy some of the listings rather than have their sellers sell for low prices.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I've literally just completed the process.

disneynutz
03-21-2012, 01:34 AM
Cancel the transaction, take a deep breath and decide what you want to do. Take as much time as you need. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

BWV Dreamin
03-22-2012, 04:35 PM
I see a BWV listed at $57/pt. on a DVC resales site I can't post. It is stripped but there are no MF's due. Could work for you.

tlynk
03-26-2012, 02:50 PM
If you aren't sure- now is the best time to back out! It is a long term commitment. When you are ready to buy- you will know it. :goodvibes

robinbutterfly
03-27-2012, 06:25 AM
We are not backing out! We are going for it and we are excited!!! Thanks everyone!:hug: