PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Adventure Cruise - travel time to MK

mikat
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Hi all, I have an AP, but my kids do not. For our August trip they will have 8-day PH (non-upgradable YES tickets) and we're staying for 10 days, so two of those days will be resort / Orlando days. I was thinking of having my boys do the Pirate Adventure Cruise at the Grand Floridian (http://www.wdwinfo.com/just_for_kids/piratecruise.htm) at 9:30 am and then take a quick trip to MK while they're off having fun for two hours. I know that the monorail from the GF to MK will be very quick, but how much time should I set aside to safely get back to GF for the end of their cruise at 11:30?

I would love to do the pirate cruise at Yacht and Beach, but we only have an opening on Saturday, and the GF cruise is the only one that runs on Saturday. Do you think it's worth my time to hustle over to MK? Even if I only get to wander the shop on Main Street, I'll be happy.

TIA for your advice! :goodvibes

Alesia
03-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Honestly, with the monorail breaking down more and more often, I would take the boat. It takes a lot to make me panic, but being stuck on the monorail and not being able to get my kids would do it.

I would start heading out of the park 45 minutes before they're due back.

goofy4tink
03-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Take the monorail to MK, and the boat back to GF. The boat stops at the GF first, and it takes about 10 mins once it leaves the dock. To be back for the 11:30 end time, I would probably try to head out of MK by 11ish. You wouldn't want to have your kids standing there, wondering where the heck mom went if you're delayed!!!

Alesia
03-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Take the monorail to MK, and the boat back to GF. The boat stops at the GF first, and it takes about 10 mins once it leaves the dock. To be back for the 11:30 end time, I would probably try to head out of MK by 11ish. You wouldn't want to have your kids standing there, wondering where the heck mom went if you're delayed!!!

More importantly, mom isn't going to want to miss seeing the kiddos coming back - it's always pretty cute (and a great photo op.) For that reason, I would be walking out of the gates no later than 11:00 - maybe a few minutes sooner. It may seem a bit conservative, but you'll want to be waiting at the dock well before they arrive.

At World's End
03-21-2012, 10:07 PM
You should have plenty of time. My kids did the cruise at the Yacht club. DH and I had time to drive over to HS and ride ToT twice before heading back, parking, walking through the hotel and getting there in plenty of time to watch them return.

mikat
03-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the info! It sounds like I'll be able to get my little Magic Kingdom shopping fix that morning.

More importantly, mom isn't going to want to miss seeing the kiddos coming back - it's always pretty cute (and a great photo op.) For that reason, I would be walking out of the gates no later than 11:00 - maybe a few minutes sooner. It may seem a bit conservative, but you'll want to be waiting at the dock well before they arrive.

I hadn't even thought of that! I'm an obsessive photographer (or as DH calls me, the Vacation Documenter) so I'll definitely want that photo op!

Thanks again all!