PDA

View Full Version : DDC XVIII - Spring Fever!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Fastpaks
03-16-2012, 03:10 PM
http://www.weddingenuity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/boatbeercooler.jpg

I have been lurking, and the first thing I see when I jump in the thread is this picture in someones reply. To describe the feeling:

You know the generic commercial where there is a spot light from above the focuses on one area. With the angels above going ... AaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHH in a bunch of sopranos voices. :thumbsup2 Good times man Good times.

Anyone a little dissapointed in day one of the tournament? Little to no upsets popcorn::

baseballmickey
03-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Who knows - I could be making mine up as well... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

At least we are honest about our lack of knowledge. ;)

The only thing I do know... is that I don't know anything.

I am at my folks house RIGHT NOW!

Reason: I don't have a US$ credit card, and they do.

So I booked my August flights on their card.

I just stopped by to bring them the ca$h.

They are NOT HOME.

So I left close to $1000 US funds in their fridge.

Just letting you all know in case you wanted to break in and get it before they return home.

I am leaving now...

Good luck.

Oh, and you didn't hear it from me. ;)

what if by the time I get there the money is gone and all that is left is some food??

oh, that would still be worth it.

Excellent. Cold hard cash is accepted everywhere.

should have put it in the freezer instead then.

Yes, it's getting close. Due date is April 11, but she thinks it will be sooner. This week we've passed the point of no return - they will longer stop labor if she goes into it. Her dad is due up on the 24th, so she wants to hold out until then so he can be here with Madison & Evan when we need to go to the hospital. But any time after that, she's ready for it. This pregnancy is much harder on her than Evan, but I'm keeping her spirits up. Not much longer now!

Wow, that pregnancy has flown by (for us), obviously not for her. Home stretch!! hope it all goes smoothly (as smoothly as these things can go, I mean).

oh, and....

http://deepfriar.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/resolution-boat.jpg?w=450&h=310

afwdwfan
03-16-2012, 03:20 PM
This pregnancy is much harder on her than Evan, but I'm keeping her spirits up. Not much longer now!
I'd certainly hope it is harder on her than Evan. I don't know why it would be hard on him at all.:confused3 :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Anyone a little dissapointed in day one of the tournament? Little to no upsets popcorn::
Little bit. Thougth SD State had a shot there for a while. UNC Asheville got royally screwed though. A number 1 should have already been eliminated.

that's nice
03-16-2012, 03:23 PM
There's always room on the Bucky Bandwagon. Go Badgers!
errr... Spring Training has started. I'm thinking of getting tickets to opening weekend to see Tampa Rays vs. New York Yankees. That should keep my mind off basketball.

Hate to see the Big East suffer, but I also worked for Iowa State and am a Cyclones fan.
Uconn did what I was scared they were going to do... not show up. :sad2:

http://img-s3-01.mytextgraphics.com/sparklee/2012/03/16/5c8aea302ccc1fd0d7d682a19a67ae53.gif
Now you're talking!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Just wanted to let you guys know there was an issue with Disney's dining ADR system. They did a software upgrade around February 23rd, and something went wrong. For sometime after that, the system would allow new reservations to be made, even if restaurants were at capacity. It sounds like 40,000 people could be affected, and Disney is calling each one to let them know what is going on. The bride of the wedding we're going to got a call about our Ohana reservation that the restaurant is overbooked, but they are not canceling anyone's ressies at this time. She was told to show up early and that they would do what they can. Which basically translates to "you might get seated late, if at all." I don't know if the exact dates affected, but I know Ron and Brian are going down at around that time - so I wanted to make sure you guys were aware of this.
Wow.. that isn't good. I hope you are able to make another shrimp carcass tower. :rolleyes1

The Big East was where they played real basketball. Now with the realignments I'll find it hard to support them since my school left for the ACC.
See ya! Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya! :wave2:

And I was hoping to try CT beer. I guess they were just too afraid of a rematch.
Yea, that was it. They didn't show up and I hope a few of these players leave for the NBA. There was no sense of urgency and they looked like crap.

that's nice
03-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Carl, I forgot to add....

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC07604.jpg

FreezinRafiki
03-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Wouldn't want April 1 birthday, but if she can make it past that, you'll get a lot of people with that one.

Bambi said she would be OK with with an April 1st birthday. Something about it fitting my personality perfectly. :confused3

The only thing I do know... is that I don't know anything.
And as GI Joe says, "Knowing is half the battle." Sooo...I really don't know where that leaves us. 1/4 of the battle maybe?

I'd certainly hope it is harder on her than Evan. I don't know why it would be hard on him at all.:confused3 :rolleyes1 :lmao:

:mad::mad: Don't you have work to ignore and basketball to watch?

Wow.. that isn't good. I hope you are able to make another shrimp carcass tower. :rolleyes1
Me too. I was able to make a reservation for another night that we are down there, just in case we don't get in with the wedding group. It's not until 9:30 at night, though, so I don't know if we'll make it anyway.

that's nice
03-16-2012, 03:30 PM
1 more for you Carl.....

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/July%2009/DSC05670.jpg

RodBelding
03-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes, it's getting close. Due date is April 11, but she thinks it will be sooner. This week we've passed the point of no return - they will longer stop labor if she goes into it. Her dad is due up on the 24th, so she wants to hold out until then so he can be here with Madison & Evan when we need to go to the hospital. But any time after that, she's ready for it. This pregnancy is much harder on her than Evan, but I'm keeping her spirits up. Not much longer now!

The waiting is the hardest part... Someone should write a song about that...

Hope it all goes smoothly these next few weeks! :thumbsup2

theduck619
03-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Ipad update. FedEx never sent a new email ship time. They came by at noon when I wasn't home. I have to wait until 5:30 to go get it at their store. Soccer practice at 5. :headache:

That stinks :headache:

arthur06
03-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Can I become a member too?

I have been on these boards for a while, and just now finding this board.

Cinderella's Fella
03-16-2012, 04:14 PM

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/rnaspapa/drippinwelcum.gif

Don will be around with your number. (Might be awhile, it's his birthday today.)

So, while we wait, tell us about yourself.

thheaton
03-16-2012, 04:16 PM

welcome to the group.:thumbsup2

twokids0204
03-16-2012, 04:16 PM

Ummm... well.... Naaa....... on second thought.... OK!

:welcome: to the DISDad's, make yourself at home.

Grab a beer from the fridge, find a spot on the couch, and tell us what makes you a DISDad.

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 04:20 PM

Welcome aboard! Dole Whips and Bacon for all! New guy pays!

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Wolfpack!:thumbsup2

Hoping the Bonnies pull it off as well.

That is the thing about being a mercenary. I can cheer for just about any conference west of the Rockies and have some affiliation with it from my journeys through the academic quagmire.

Cinderella's Fella
03-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Nenemy, here is the boat I was on in Norway.
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/rnaspapa/Norway/R-Flam110.jpg

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Good day for a wet friday. Office to myself now for the last bit. I got to make a run to the kid's school at lunch with a load of frozen food that was dropped off at our church's food pantry. Once or twice a month they make a run from Cincinnati to the hollers of east Kentucky and they were heavy on frozen food and no place to put it so we try to hit the mission schools and other food pantries. We never know what we will get though but it is free and better than a sharp stick in the eye.

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 04:38 PM

I've always wondered why the Scandinavians ended up in upper Midwest when they settled here. This doesn't look anything like those states.

afwdwfan
03-16-2012, 04:38 PM

Apparently, somebody thinks I need to work today. :headache::headache:

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Just over 100 more posts and I can beat my post count on the other forum where I occasionally hang out. This could be the thread to do it.

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Florida State is fighting back. Go Bonnies! Don't let the Brothers down.

JHMCARTY
03-16-2012, 04:57 PM
I finally got to try a dole whip float last week... this may be blasphemy on the boards but I didn't think it was something to go nuts about... maybe I'm missing something. Perhaps I need to keep going back until they taste awesome.

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Page ownage?

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 04:59 PM
I finally got to try a dole whip float last week... this may be blasphemy on the boards but I didn't think it was something to go nuts about... maybe I'm missing something. Perhaps I need to keep going back until they taste awesome.

Everything tastes better at Disney.

Busted on my page ownage. Even late on a Friday afternoon. :sad2:

Have a great evening gentlemen!

JHMCARTY
03-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Apparently my son is a rebel spy and can steer a jungle cruise boat. I never knew these things.

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
03-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Howdy all…
Just checking in before I head off to the house.
So… what’s up?

Barry, I do believe you started that fight yourself with the “Purdon’t” comment…
but by all means feel free to fight with both your nemesis and mine
(it’ll keep him of my case for a little while anyway).

Bambi said she would be OK with with an April 1st birthday. Something about it fitting my personality perfectly. :confused3

I know of some very fine individuals that were born on the 25th
But then again, I have to agree with Bambi that 4/1 would suit you as well.

In any case… we’re all keeping good thoughts that her dad get up there in time
and that all goes well with this special delivery.

If you really, really want to…
Not so sure it’s in your best interest, but we’ll let you in anyway

Welcome sir! Grab a beer and join in the conversation.

Randal, that one may just have been too harsh on Carl.
Heck… now you got me feeling bad about not being on any kind
of boat or ship this weekend.

Well...
time to head it home.
See y'all later on.

JHMCARTY
03-16-2012, 05:10 PM
And they are ruining the safari by putting an avatar feature in the middle of it.

arthur06
03-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Ummm... well.... Naaa....... on second thought.... OK!

:welcome: to the DISDad's, make yourself at home.

Grab a beer from the fridge, find a spot on the couch, and tell us what makes you a DISDad.

What's the rule about putting my feet on the coffee table around here? :rotfl2:

Welcome aboard! Dole Whips and Bacon for all! New guy pays!

While I know that everyone around here is a big bacon lover, I just pulled some ribeyes out to throw on the grill later. Will ribeyes work as an alternative?

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/rnaspapa/drippinwelcum.gif

Don will be around with your number. (Might be awhile, it's his birthday today.)

So, while we wait, tell us about yourself.

I am a 32 yo father of three boys. They are 11, 5, 3 and I have been married for 6 years. I live in Iowa and thus a big Hawkeye fan. I like most sports, movies, video games and love to travel.

Anything else you need to know?

Also, my name is Arthur, but I go by Art.

welcome to the group.:thumbsup2

Thanks

twokids0204
03-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Also, my name is Arthur, but I go by Art.

Thanks

Where do you buy your Art?

I am partial to The Art of Disney at DTD. :lmao:

stopher1
03-16-2012, 06:08 PM

Personally I think the Whip by itself (just the soft serve) is better than the float.

thheaton
03-16-2012, 06:21 PM
tournament has been pretty good today.

JHMCARTY
03-16-2012, 06:29 PM

Big upset brewing with Norfolk St. This will bust my bracket.

stopher1
03-16-2012, 06:34 PM
So- I've known for years that DS16 - well, all 3 of them really - but DS16 takes after his mother. He came home and at dinner tonight showed us his latest report card, with straight A's, 2 of which were for AP classes. :cool1: Every other one he's had this year were close, either with 1 B, or with -'s behind a few of the A's. This time they were all solid, no -'s, and even 2 +'s. Praying he keeps that up!!

Just popped in to share our excitement.

JHMCARTY
03-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Personally I think the Whip by itself (just the soft serve) is better than the float.

I will try that... the best food I had there was quick service at Coronado and fried diavolo at Tony's. The salmon at coral reef was pretty good. 50s prime time was not as tasty as i remember. T-rex was just OK...

I think I liked the QS fajitas so much is that it was a long day of traveling and i finally had a chance to relax.

cj9200
03-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Well, my bracket just blew up. At least Florida has an easier time (maybe) to the Sweet 16.

Some really good games today.

theduck619
03-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Evening gentlemen. Norm any update on your iPad?

FreezinRafiki
03-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Apparently, somebody thinks I need to work today. :headache::headache:
Oh the humanity!

Yes, keep going back. More and more. Even if you don't end up liking them, you're still at Disney World!:thumbsup2

Apparently my son is a rebel spy and can steer a jungle cruise boat. I never knew these things.
It takes a lot of practice and training to stay on that track!

Barry, I do believe you started that fight yourself with the “Purdon’t” comment…
but by all means feel free to fight with both your nemesis and mine
(it’ll keep him of my case for a little while anyway).

Yeah, but Purdon't is just funny. I still giggle when I type it.

In any case… we’re all keeping good thoughts that her dad get up there in time
and that all goes well with this special delivery.
Thanks Rob!

What's the rule about putting my feet on the coffee table around here? :rotfl2:
Considering the coffee table is an empty utility spool, go ahead and put 'em up!

So- I've known for years that DS16 - well, all 3 of them really - but DS16 takes after his mother. He came home and at dinner tonight showed us his latest report card, with straight A's, 2 of which were for AP classes. :cool1: Every other one he's had this year were close, either with 1 B, or with -'s behind a few of the A's. This time they were all solid, no -'s, and even 2 +'s. Praying he keeps that up!!

Congratulations!

thheaton
03-16-2012, 08:56 PM

I'm starting to think duck has norm's ipad and is toying with him.:idea:

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 09:09 PM
...I live in Iowa and thus a big Hawkeye fan. I like most sports, movies, video games and love to travel.

I lived in Story County for a few years and thus support the other team but you can't have enough Iowans around. It isn't heaven but it is close.

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 09:14 PM

You must be glutton for punishment. Norfolk St.?:confused3 :headache:

I had the Bonnies going on to the Elite 8 (dreaming I know but I have good memories of St. Bonaventure). Maybe in the women's bracket.

My bracket is always the result of hope and nostalgia with a small dose of reality and a hatred for Duke thrown in to the mix.

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 09:17 PM

Congratulations!

DisneyDadC
03-16-2012, 09:18 PM
You guys are awesome!!!! I knew I could count on you guys to take my mind off of not being able to go out on the boat tomorrow!!!

thheaton
03-16-2012, 09:23 PM
You must be glutton for punishment. Norfolk St.?:confused3 :headache:

I had the Bonnies going on to the Elite 8 (dreaming I know but I have good memories of St. Bonaventure). Maybe in the women's bracket.

My bracket is always the result of hope and nostalgia with a small dose of reality and a hatred for Duke thrown in to the mix.

just enjoy good games, don't care if it blows my bracket up.

arthur06
03-16-2012, 09:26 PM
I lived in Story County for a few years and thus support the other team but you can't have enough Iowans around. It isn't heaven but it is close.

I live right up I-35 about 50-60 miles.

AirGoofy
03-16-2012, 09:27 PM

My thoughts are that this was the worst idea ever. First delayed, no email notice, picked up, I can't download iTunes. Basically, it's a nice paperweight. My windows phone turned on and worked. A few more minutes, it's either going back or smashed into a million pieces.

AirGoofy
03-16-2012, 09:31 PM

I've never had the float. I like the Dole Whip pineapple/ vanilla swirl. The pineapple was good as well.

thheaton
03-16-2012, 09:31 PM
My thoughts are that this was the worst idea ever. First delayed, no email notice, picked up, I can't download iTunes. Basically, it's a nice paperweight. My windows phone turned on and worked. A few more minutes, it's either going back or smashed into a million pieces.

itunes should have been preloaded on it

AirGoofy
03-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Yea, that was it. They didn't show up and I hope a few of these players leave for the NBA. There was no sense of urgency and they looked like crap.

They probably overlooked 1st round matchup, kinda like Missouri and Duke.

AirGoofy
03-16-2012, 09:38 PM
itunes should have been preloaded on it

I don't have iTunes on my PC.

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 09:38 PM

Hang in there Norm. There are enough IT gurus along with yourself to get through this.

arthur06
03-16-2012, 09:40 PM
They probably overlooked 1st round matchup, kinda like Missouri and Duke.

Duke going down is so awesome

AirGoofy
03-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Duke lost.
20th anniversary celebration my Beverly.
Need to go buy my "I hate Laettner tshirt".

AirGoofy
03-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Still downloading.

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Family fun friday was Little Ceaser Pizza and Bolt on the big wall with the LCD projector from work (have a presentation coming up and have to make sure it works don't I?). Just DS and DD though. SWMBO is in bed and on round 2 of antibiotics trying to shake her annual case of bronchitis. The worst case she has ever had but being the loving husband I pointed out that when you reach a certain age you get sicker and take longer to recover.

twokids0204
03-16-2012, 09:46 PM
You guys are awesome!!!! I knew I could count on you guys to take my mind off of not being able to go out on the boat tomorrow!!!

Carl, If ya give 'em a knife, and they'll cut ya!

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 09:48 PM

Yes it is! That alone makes the whole tournament for me. I can sleep well tonight knowing there is no joy in Durham.

twokids0204
03-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Family fun friday was Little Ceaser Pizza and Bolt on the big wall with the LCD projector from work (have a presentation coming up and have to make sure it works don't I?). Just DS and DD though. SWMBO is in bed and on round 2 of antibiotics trying to shake her annual case of bronchitis. The worst case she has ever had but being the loving husband I pointed out that when you reach a certain age you get sicker and take longer to recover.

Hope DW feels better soon.

It's going around, all my family ('cept me) has had it.

arthur06
03-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Yes it is! That alone makes the whole tournament for me. I can sleep well tonight knowing there is no joy in Durham.

I chuckled cause I feel the same way. Then I look and see your from Kentucky, and if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black. :rotfl2:

wasnotafan
Hope DW feels better soon.

It's going around, all my family ('cept me) has had it.

Thanks. Lots of it down here and it just hangs on. Hoping warm, sunny weather next week will sweat it out of her. My grandma would have suggested whiskey but I live in a dry county.

FreezinRafiki
Hey Andy!

Looks like Purdon't, PurDid it! Congrats! :thumbsup2

AirGoofy
03-16-2012, 09:59 PM
This is ridiculous. Still downloading. So far, Windows, Android, and Apple is way at the bottom.

AirGoofy
03-16-2012, 10:00 PM
3rd restart.

cj9200
03-16-2012, 10:01 PM

Look at it this way. If you only had one choice, would you rather have your I-Pad working properly or Duke going down in Flames? Thought so.

We got good news/bad news today. Crashes' car needs about $1,000 in neglected repairs (All the brakes, belts, hoses, two tires, realignment...). But they are giving me a free oil change the next time I come in.

The good news is the Pirate Princess got accepted to Florida State and Central Florida. She is still leaning to either St. Johns or Seaton Hall. That is unless Norm has adopted her.

AirGoofy
03-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Just now to the screen to register iPad. This better be awesome.

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 10:05 PM
I chuckled cause I feel the same way. Then I look and see your from Kentucky, and if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black. :rotfl2:

Actually I'm a transplant and not a UK fan. The Vols are my team in the SEC.

afwdwfan
03-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Just checking in to say Boiler up!

How about them Dukies? Where's Dickie V now???? :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

NCAA Tournament ownage

thheaton
03-16-2012, 10:12 PM

sounds like you need to update that old PC:lmao::rotfl2:

twokids0204
Watching The Adventures of Tin Tin...

Kids are staying up with us.

popcorn::

wasnotafan
Look at it this way. If you only had one choice, would you rather have your I-Pad working properly or Duke going down in Flames? Thought so.

We got good news/bad news today. Crashes' car needs about $1,000 in neglected repairs (All the brakes, belts, hoses, two tires, realignment...). But they are giving me a free oil change the next time I come in.

The good news is the Pirate Princess got accepted to Florida State and Central Florida. She is still leaning to either St. Johns or Seaton Hall. That is unless Norm has adopted her.

Congrats to Crash! Big East is great, but I have nothing bad to say for Florida State either. I'm sure she will make you proud no matter where she ends up.

wasnotafan
03-16-2012, 10:18 PM

I'm showing my age, I read that as The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin. :rotfl2:

Guess this old geezer had better get to bed.

Have a great weekend gentlemen!

jmwest
03-16-2012, 10:18 PM
This is ridiculous. Still downloading. So far, Windows, Android, and Apple is way at the bottom.

You did get it on the launch day for the new iPad. Their servers are probably in overdrive.

AirGoofy
03-16-2012, 10:21 PM

Now, I have to go to myinfo page before I can use my apple ID.

arthur06
03-16-2012, 10:21 PM

All is forgiven then. :rotfl:

Maybe your Vols will play my Hawkeyes in NY in that other tournament.

AirGoofy
03-16-2012, 10:36 PM
sounds like you need to update that old PC:lmao::rotfl2:

You did get it on the launch day for the new iPad. Their servers are probably in overdrive.

I guess I just had heard how superior Apple products were to.Windows. This being my first product, just not very impressed. And, I now have a prompt to update my software. Once I actually get to use it, I may like it. I was not expecting an hour + setup process. Kindle Fire for DW came out of box, charge it, ready to go. And, it synced to my network immediately.

RodBelding
03-16-2012, 10:39 PM
What a great night of BBall!!!

AirGoofy
03-16-2012, 10:39 PM
I guess I just had heard how superior Apple products were to.Windows. This being my first product, just not very impressed. And, I now have a prompt to update my software. Once I actually get to use it, I may like it. I was not expecting an hour + setup process. Kindle Fire for DW came out of box, charge it, ready to go. And, it synced to my network immediately.

Ha. It said it would take an hour to update to new version. Forget it.

RodBelding
03-16-2012, 11:03 PM

:headache: Apple updates are tough sometimes. Worth it overall, imo, but still a pain...

cj9200
03-16-2012, 11:03 PM

Sorry you are going through that. When I got my Mac Book, it worked mostly from the start. Now I love it. Am rethinking getting an I-Pad.

AirGoofy
03-16-2012, 11:12 PM
:headache: Apple updates are tough sometimes. Worth it overall, imo, but still a pain...

Sorry you are going through that. When I got my Mac Book, it worked mostly from the start. Now I love it. Am rethinking getting an I-Pad.

My first post with iPad. And, this was my first website with it. So, I really like the keyboard. WAY WAY better than kindle android. I'll have to spend more time tomorrow with it to get a better feel. Maybe it was the refurb or maybe I just had my expectations to high. Time for bed. My soccer rotation is set for tomorrow. Later.

Disney Commando
03-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Just got back from the gift auction, and I am happy to say That I Won 4 more 1 Day Disney Park Hoppers:cool1::worship::banana::woohoo:

I also scored 4 passes to Adventure Aquarium, all in all I would say I did pretty good:confused3

arthur06
03-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Just got back from the gift auction, and I am happy to say That I Won 4 more 1 Day Disney Park Hoppers:cool1::worship::banana::woohoo:

I also scored 4 passes to Adventure Aquarium, all in all I would say I did pretty good:confused3

I would agree! :thumbsup2

BigTikiDaddy
03-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the wishes for Audrey...the pain is new to her, she's never had ear issues before, so it upset her more then anything. When she got home, she was happy she got a "bracelet" (hospital id bacelet). She went through today well, but doesn't want tp sleep, despite npt gettimg much. We haven;t started any antibiotics yet on doctor;s advice, wants us to see if it;s a virus or bacterial.

I think a lot of her problems stem from a weak immune system, part of her "issues" when she was born. She was born with a deformed right hand, and some baby teeth never formed either, I cannot remember the name of the condition. She seems to get infections and fevers every four months or so, but has been getting better, it might be strenghening now.

RodBelding
03-16-2012, 11:35 PM

Nice! So you, me, and who are the other 2 you're taking with those free passes? :confused3

baseballmickey
03-16-2012, 11:37 PM
The other half could very well be NOT knowing. If so, Then we are just masters of the other half of the battle.

[QUOTE=arthur06;44342415]Can I become a member too?

Welcome Art! Make yourself at home.

I've had one. It was good. But not my most favorite snack.

Congrats!

it's named after a fruit, what did you expect?

I've never had the float. I like the Dole Whip pineapple/ vanilla swirl. The pineapple was good as well.

That was the one I had.

that's nice
03-16-2012, 11:37 PM

Congratulations!!! Wonderful news! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yes. Yes it is!

:welcome: to the club!

Duke lost.
20th anniversary celebration my Beverly.
Need to go buy my "I hate Laettner tshirt".
Here is a oldie but goodie...

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo25/JimiAH/SellersSmashsLaettner.jpg

Congrats to her! Does your DD know what winter is like here in the North East? There are no beach days in March. :lmao:

How about them Dukies? Where's Dickie V now???? :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Dickie V is probably turning over in his grave. popcorn::

Really? DW iPad worked right out of the box. I connected it to my network in 2 minutes and presto! I wonder why you had to do all those updates? :confused3

that's nice! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Disney Commando
03-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the wishes for Audrey...the pain is new to her, she's never had ear issues before, so it upset her more then anything. When she got home, she was happy she got a "bracelet" (hospital id bacelet). She went through today well, but doesn't want tp sleep, despite npt gettimg much. We haven;t started any antibiotics yet on doctor;s advice, wants us to see if it;s a virus or bacterial.

I think a lot of her problems stem from a weak immune system, part of her "issues" when she was born. She was born with a deformed right hand, and some baby teeth never formed either, I cannot remember the name of the condition. She seems to get infections and fevers every four months or so, but has been getting better, it might be strenghening now.

Hope she feels better real soon:good vibes, I used to get really bad ear infections as a kid and it is no fun at all:eek:

I noticed you mentioned her teeth when I was young one of my ear infections was due to a tooth (might be something to look into if they continue:confused3)

BigTikiDaddy
03-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Hey did I mention to anyone that it is Friday?? You know what that mean don't ya? It means that Its just another day I go into work again tomorrow:sad1:

I hear ya...anxious for tomorrow, running the day shift, which is rare for a Saturday, busy day for us, especilly with this great weather. Beer was flying out fast.

Pixies for anyone that this effected and good luck to all the dads :wizard:
I'm in the same boat here working and i promise i will destroy and be mean to all customers this weekend !!!

I have staff to do that for me, two in particular :headache:

Money is best when kept fresh :rolleyes1

And as GI Joe says, "Knowing is half the battle." Sooo...I really don't know where that leaves us. 1/4 of the battle maybe?

G. I. JOOOOOOOEEEEEE :rotfl2:

Welcome!!

They grow up so fast...

DW bought that for me tonight, maybe'll watch it tomorrow with some Guinness :shamrock::drinking1

Really good score!! Congrats Ron!

BigTikiDaddy
03-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Hope she feels better real soon:good vibes, I used to get really bad ear infections as a kid and it is no fun at all:eek:

I noticed you mentioned her teeth when I was young one of my ear infections was due to a tooth (might be something to look into if they continue:confused3)

I used to be bad too, once both ears were infected, and somehow developed a blister in my ear too, but nothing for at least 25 years now. :confused3

So far, no cavities or anything like that, she in the last month or so had the teeth looked at, all good. It is just that there are sections where there are no teeth period. The xrays showed no baby teeth to pop out, but it looks like there are adult ones there, so she just has to wait. Likely this is all due to the deformation?? :confused3 we;re not sure.. They had her x-rayed just after she was born to make sure she had all her internal organs, saying missing parts on the outside could mean missing ones inside but all is good there.

BigTikiDaddy
03-17-2012, 12:04 AM
Okay, 7am is comming fast, gotta catch some Zzzzs....night all

Disneyferris
03-17-2012, 12:38 AM
Father daughter dance tonight. Had a blast and the knee held up. Took both girls and each had fun and I had a great time. Each had their own dances and some with all three of us together. I asked them what their favorite part was and my 9 year old without hesitation said "spending time with you daddy". She doesnot normally express herself that way so it was even more touching than normal. Great night.:thumbsup2

theduck619
03-17-2012, 03:54 AM

It's the Kentucky Internet :lmao:

Seriously, sorry it was a hassle. With the new one launching yesterday iTunes was probably swamped.

theduck619
03-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Father daughter dance tonight. Had a blast and the knee held up. Took both girls and each had fun and I had a great time. Each had their own dances and some with all three of us together. I asked them what their favorite part was and my 9 year old without hesitation said "spending time with you daddy". She doesnot normally express herself that way so it was even more touching than normal. Great night.:thumbsup2

Sounds like a great time :thumbsup2

theduck619
03-17-2012, 04:00 AM
Good morning guys :surfweb:

Sure is quiet in here :rotfl2:

The puppy woke up, and once I am awake I can't go back to sleep :headache:

Some great games yesterday, I hope today goes well for what is left of my bracket.

theduck619
03-17-2012, 04:18 AM
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Walt-Disney-World-Resorts-information/News/16Mar2012-Complimentary-WiFi-Internet-access-now-available-at-all-Walt-Disney-World-Resorts.htm

Free wi-fi in all rooms at Disney :cool1::cool1:

disney67
03-17-2012, 05:35 AM
Great ..Did you have to use the word Boat??? A few of my friends are going out on a BOAT tomorrow and are trying to talk me into going:headache: But I need to get this work done So I will be working.But please,no using the word boat until Sunday :rotfl2:
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk108/jellyfishead/P1030636.jpg i promise i would not use that bad word but hope this helps

Motivation to keep working is dwindling... popcorn::I know this feeling just back from vacation and it did not take long for me to say do people have common sense !!!

I am at my folks house RIGHT NOW!

Reason: I don't have a US$ credit card, and they do.

So I booked my August flights on their card.

I just stopped by to bring them the ca$h.

They are NOT HOME.

Just letting you all know in case you wanted to break in and get it before they return home.

I am leaving now...

Good luck.

Oh, and you didn't hear it from me. ;)
Thanks for the Offer but I did say wife got a Job :lmao:

Good luck Barry no more sleep days just around the corner again . but I do have tell a little story with my son he was born a day before mine and i told my wife if he comes today i will use duct tape to her hips to hold out one more day :lmao: it did not work he came quick :wizard:

Ipad update. FedEx never sent a new email ship time. They came by at noon when I wasn't home. I have to wait until 5:30 to go get it at their store. Soccer practice at 5. :headache:
Hey Norm you be lucky enough to get a few treats with your I-pad
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk108/jellyfishead/dis%20dads/norm2.jpg

disney67
03-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Sunday ownage

I have been on these boards for a while, and just now finding this board.Welcome to the land of Bacon and make believe cause you never know what"s next

I finally got to try a dole whip float last week... this may be blasphemy on the boards but I didn't think it was something to go nuts about... maybe I'm missing something. Perhaps I need to keep going back until they taste awesome.wow thanks for heads up i have not indulged in this mid evil drink yet but i like pineapple so there is next trip for me !

thats awesome wish i was able to do that

tournament has been pretty good today.Now when you watch this next think of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZU5BsCY88M&feature=related

Just popped in to share our excitement.Congradulations to your sons . I have 2 my dd takes after wife Book smart and honor roll and son gives us hard time with school work thank wife she is a teacher so she can help

I will try that... the best food I had there was quick service at Coronado and fried diavolo at Tony's. The salmon at coral reef was pretty good. 50s prime time was not as tasty as i remember. T-rex was just OK...

I think I liked the QS fajitas so much is that it was a long day of traveling and i finally had a chance to relax.Wow im surprise 50's prime time was good food bad waitress , and I agree about T-Rex it is more the Atmosphere then the food .

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:13 AM

itunes should have been preloaded on itYou see there has to be a computer Geek in every bunch :lmao:
did he say you forgot to hit the ON button !!!!:rotfl2:

I don't have iTunes on my PC.

Family fun friday was Little Ceaser Pizza and Bolt on the big wall with the LCD projector from work (have a presentation coming up and have to make sure it works don't I?). Just DS and DD though. SWMBO is in bed and on round 2 of antibiotics trying to shake her annual case of bronchitis. The worst case she has ever had but being the loving husband I pointed out that when you reach a certain age you get sicker and take longer to recover.this sounds like you guys had fun < but i will say this year it usually take 3-4 days to get rid of a virous but this year it took 3 visits to doctor and 6 different meds and 6 weeks to kick it it was horrible hope she gets well soon

3rd restart.

Just now to the screen to register iPad. This better be awesome. Im starting to think it might not of been a good idea to buy one or maybe you need to have one of the kids show you how ?? this is what i do when i have problems

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:17 AM

popcorn::this sounded like alot of fun

What a great night of BBall!!!
what teams played ? or was it the kids ?

I also scored 4 passes to Adventure Aquarium, all in all I would say I did pretty good:confused3Damn where are these Auctions ?
you win some great prizes :wizard:

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:23 AM

Okay, 7am is comming fast, gotta catch some Zzzzs....night allcont Pixies and hope she gets well soon :wizard:

Father daughter dance tonight. Had a blast and the knee held up. Took both girls and each had fun and I had a great time. Each had their own dances and some with all three of us together. I asked them what their favorite part was and my 9 year old without hesitation said "spending time with you daddy". She doesnot normally express herself that way so it was even more touching than normal. Great night.:thumbsup2cannot ask for anything more but to spend Quility time with the kids

Some great games yesterday, I hope today goes well for what is left of my bracket.GM hope you can fall back ttyl :wizard:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Resorts/Walt-Disney-World-Resorts-information/News/16Mar2012-Complimentary-WiFi-Internet-access-now-available-at-all-Walt-Disney-World-Resorts.htm

this is awesome as well as they are putting in refridgarators in all value rooms too i think i herd

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:24 AM
im going for it

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:24 AM
can i do it

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:25 AM
maybe

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:26 AM
here it comes

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:26 AM
This is my 1000 post

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:27 AM
one more

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:28 AM
Superman where are you

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:29 AM
i want page Ownage

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:30 AM
ok I got my 1000 post now i want ownage

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:31 AM
Ok stop and give it to me now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:32 AM
Goodmorning all
I got page ownage and my 1000 post and to be honest i never thought i would have a 1000 posts here But i want to say Thank you to all the Dis Dads because this has become the first place i go everytime im on the computer and it takes me away from the reality i call real life . so i just want to say
Thank You

disney67
03-17-2012, 06:33 AM
sunday ownage

disney67
03-17-2012, 07:06 AM
Ok time to get kids up and take them out for breakfest , since wife is at work im schocked every time i say that :banana::worship::rotfl2: . so while the wife's at work maybe we will surprise her and clean up a bit today .
I can say i'm a bit up set southwest sent me a 25% off e-mail for today and tommorow for travel till mid may of course i cannot GO but i had to price it anyway 200.00 for round trip out of Islip NY someone up there does not like me this weekend :sad2:

BigTikiDaddy
03-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Morning all.....I was right, it came too fast :faint:

Sweet!!This is a good thing...

Sunday ownage

Sunday?

This is my 1000 post

Short and sweet speech, congrats!

sunday ownage

Sunday? :rotfl2:

FreezinRafiki
03-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Sounds like an awesome time!

Good luck Barry no more sleep days just around the corner again . but I do have tell a little story with my son he was born a day before mine and i told my wife if he comes today i will use duct tape to her hips to hold out one more day :lmao: it did not work he came quick :wizard:

My sister had the opposite happen. It was looking like her son was going to be born on April 1st, and she did NOT want an April Fool's Baby. She went into labor late on March 31st, and she was pushing with all of her might to get him out before midnight! She did it too, but just barely. :lmao:

Goodmorning all
I got page ownage and my 1000 post and to be honest i never thought i would have a 1000 posts here But i want to say Thank you to all the Dis Dads because this has become the first place i go everytime im on the computer and it takes me away from the reality i call real life . so i just want to say
Thank You
Congrats on 1000! I can't imagine how bad your life is if coming here in an improvement. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Disneyferris
03-17-2012, 09:14 AM
cont Pixies and hope she gets well soon :wizard:

cannot ask for anything more but to spend Quility time with the kids

GM hope you can fall back ttyl :wizard:

this is awesome as well as they are putting in refridgarators in all value rooms too i think i herd

This is true. They are almost done putting them in at POP. they are installing them right under the T.V.. Now we don't have to use ice inthe tub when we fly.

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:15 AM

Poor kid - hope she's feeling better quick.

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:19 AM

Some great games yesterday, I hope today goes well for what is left of my bracket.

So..... you're the puppy???

Guys, looks like Dave's now known as "The Puppy"!

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:21 AM

Great News...

If I recall from Chris (Doc) - the bandwidth wasn't that strong.

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Goodmorning all
Thank You

None of us really did... They lure you in with free Disney info and a promise of the perfect family vacation, then they trap you with friendly conversation and open hearts.

Curse you DISDad's... ;)

theduck619
03-17-2012, 09:30 AM
So..... you're the puppy???

Guys, looks like Dave's now known as "The Puppy"!

Not what I meant :headache: Charlie, the puppy woke me up. Although, it would be a misleading name for a Sicilian hit man :lmao:

Great News...

If I recall from Chris (Doc) - the bandwidth wasn't that strong.

I could only get logged on in the morning before 8. Anytime after that was impossible or super slow.

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Got to do some running around today.

Wednesday is our 13th anniversary.

DW wanted a new purse :sad2:.

I bought her the EXACT one she wanted - how sweet and caring am I.

Well, we are going to return it today.

Turns out, she doesn't actually want that one, but one like that one, that is nothing like that one, but is still a purse, just completely different.

Ahhhh.... love. :lovestruc

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Not what I meant :headache: Charlie, the puppy woke me up. Although, it would be a misleading name for a Sicilian hit man :lmao:

That's so cute, you have an alter ego named Charlie.... you cute wittle puppy wuppy...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SR1aUa9_ZH0/TkBvyaa3XDI/AAAAAAAAABU/sGCxoXT0Wpk/s1600/Cutest-Puppies7.jpg

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:47 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Rxz-KE8H3qE/S6Ew1sjh7zI/AAAAAAAAACU/3DBBfdPtQq8/s320/10904091.jpg

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:48 AM
http://disney-clipart.com/St-Patricks-Day/characters/st-patricks-princess-aurora-sm.jpg

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:49 AM
http://disney-clipart.com/St-Patricks-Day/mickey/Minnie-Mouse-Fairy-Saint-Patricks-Day.jpg

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:50 AM
http://www.disneywallpaper.info/wp-content/uploads/0014_beauty_s.jpg

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:51 AM
http://worthopedia.s3.amazonaws.com/images/thumbnails2/1/0307/12/1_1d85999b8af85530130651bce7b9c47d.jpg

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:52 AM
http://www.pinpics.com/img/p908/pin45431

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:53 AM
http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/images/medium/fct_8e0737a460ed7e7.jpg

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:53 AM
http://disney-clipart.com/St-Patricks-Day/characters/Donald-Duck-Saint-Patricks-Day.jpg

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:55 AM
http://disney-clipart.com/Little-Mermaid/Ariel/kt_Ariel-Princess1.JPG

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:57 AM
http://0.tqn.com/d/goflorida/1/0/W/m/wdw_st_patricks_mouse_ears.jpg

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:58 AM
http://as7.disneystore.com/is/image/DisneyShopping/400001304143?$mercdetail$

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:59 AM
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DSC09760.jpg

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 10:00 AM
http://disney-clipart.com/St-Patricks-Day/characters/StPatricks-Pooh-Piglet.jpg

disney67
03-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Morning all.....I was right, it came too fast :faint:

Sweet!!This is a good thing...

Sunday?

Short and sweet speech, congrats!

Sunday? :rotfl2:maybe i should of fell asleep too :lmao: I'm in trouble when Travis sees this one :rotfl2:

This is true. They are almost done putting them in at POP. they are installing them right under the T.V.. Now we don't have to use ice inthe tub when we fly.we use to fill the sink when i stayed at a Value

None of us really did... They lure you in with free Disney info and a promise of the perfect family vacation, then they trap you with friendly conversation and open hearts.

Curse you DISDad's... ;)
I bet it was Norm if I think back it is all his Fault with his sexy body and talk about Bacon :lmao:

Turns out, she doesn't actually want that one, but one like that one, that is nothing like that one, but is still a purse, just completely different.

Ahhhh.... love. :lovestrucGee at least you had to spend My wife we are on our first cruise on the Dream and i said to her for a combination of holiday gifts get your self a Dooney and Burke and she said NO :cool1: I got away cheap by being nice !!!
good luck on getting the right one this time around

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 10:01 AM
http://www.mickeyscondo.com/St.%20patricks%20day.jpg

disney67
03-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Sorry Brian No Page Ownage Today but nice Pictures thanks for sharing

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 10:03 AM
good luck on getting the right one this time around

Oh, and you busted my full page St. Patrick's Day ownage....

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 10:04 AM
http://www.deskpicture.com/features/St.-Patrick's-Day/HappySPD.jpg

theduck619
03-17-2012, 10:19 AM

The things we do for love :confused3

http://disney-clipart.com/St-Patricks-Day/characters/Donald-Duck-Saint-Patricks-Day.jpg

That is one good looking Duck :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

scott2997
03-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Top of the mornin' to ya's.....

14 Days!

just sayin'

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 10:57 AM

14 Days!

just sayin'

Do you realize nemesis... if you arrived at Disney TODAY.

And used your MYW pass, it would actually expire the day you arrive.

It's THAT CLOSE!!!

that's nice
03-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Sunday ownage

sunday ownage

That's one he!! of a time warp!

Everything will be OK when you wake up tomorrow. ::yes:: <-- St. Patty's Day Smilie!

scott2997
03-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Do you realize nemesis... if you arrived at Disney TODAY.

And used your MYW pass, it would actually expire the day you arrive.

It's THAT CLOSE!!!

Whoa - thanks for putting it into perspective - o' master of the universe!

:rotfl2:

All I know is that I can check in online on Wednesday! :cool1:

Already have my mail stopped.

Oh - does anyone want to volunteer to "keg sit" for me????

:thumbsup2

RodBelding
03-17-2012, 11:33 AM
http://i5.glitter-graphics.org/pub/2668/2668315l2y2hpngnc.jpg

cj9200
03-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Happy St. Pats Day. DD isn't feeling well so we canceled our trip to the Keys (again). Itching to go.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe if you are out there partying.

wasnotafan
03-17-2012, 11:47 AM

Congratulations!

wasnotafan
03-17-2012, 11:54 AM

Hopefully she will improve with age. DS had a lot of ear infections when younger and now that he is 10 they are rare.

wasnotafan
03-17-2012, 11:59 AM

Great dad moments! Enjoy, they pass by too quickly.

wasnotafan
03-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Goodmorning all
Thank You

wasnotafan
03-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Happy St. Pats Day. DD isn't feeling well so we canceled our trip to the Keys (again). Itching to go.

Hope the Pirate Princess gets to feeling better soon.

wasnotafan
03-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Boards are so slow I am even going to go work on the taxes!

carlnix30
03-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Just got some great news I would like to share with you guys!
My DD 17 is going graduate a year early! And she's been accepted into Temple University!! :cheer2:

I'm so excited I. just can't stand it! :rolleyes1 I'm so proud of her!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :love:

Cinderella's Fella
03-17-2012, 12:33 PM
My DD 17 is going graduate a year early! And she's been accepted into Temple University!! :cheer2:

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g447/rnaspapa/gratulation.gif to your DD and you!

arthur06
03-17-2012, 01:00 PM

Wow, that's wonderful for her. Congrats.

cj9200
03-17-2012, 01:11 PM

That is excellent. Go Owls.

disney67
03-17-2012, 02:01 PM

14 Days!

just sayin'it is now just around the river bend !!!

That's one he!! of a time warp!

Everything will be OK when you wake up tomorrow. ::yes:: <-- St. Patty's Day Smilie!man i do not know what i was thinking at 530am this morning :lmao:

Hope everyone has a good day and stay safe if you are out there partying.hope DD feels better

:yay: :yay: :yay: :love:Congradultions to you and DD

Boards are so slow I am even going to go work on the taxes!this has been slow for days it reminds me of the tortise and the hare :cool1:

disney67
03-17-2012, 02:07 PM
I have to post My son is mad at me Because when i woke them up this morning i played it off as there mother told me to take them to school , they kept saying it is saturday and i said mom said you guys are going to school so on the way out my DD knew i was fibbing but my son said i got to get my backpack :lmao: then i said why it is saturday we are going out for breakfest . he said Daddy i'm mad at you :cool1:

theduck619
03-17-2012, 03:04 PM

Congrats Carl :woohoo:

scott2997
03-17-2012, 03:13 PM

Awesome Carl - you should be proud!

RodBelding
03-17-2012, 04:03 PM

hahahah... I just finished mine! :thumbsup2

Awesome!!! Congrats!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

AirGoofy
03-17-2012, 04:35 PM

driving or flying? Either way, drop it off here.

Sick about that potential adoption. Hope she feels better.

congrats.

Ok time to get kids up and take them out for breakfest , since wife is at work im schocked every time i say that :banana::worship::rotfl2: . so while the wife's at work maybe we will surprise her and clean up a bit today . :

you woke them up and they complained? Where did you take them for breakfast?

GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes
03-17-2012, 04:35 PM
G’afternoon all…

I’m waiting on someone who yesterday told me he’d be here at 3 (that’s an hour an a half ago). Not a good start. I may have to take that business to a competitor.

I hate when folks don’t do what the say they’re going to do.
(and that seems to happen more and more often now a days)

Sorry for the mini rant.
We now return you to a little bit o’ mindless banter…

14 Days!

just sayin'

And we’re all tickled for ya’

just sayin'

Unfortunate.
More for her then you, but I do hope that both conditions improve in the very near.

Turned mine in before the end of January.

But if it helps at all…
I’ll probably be spending a good bit of this week doing my MIL’s returns,
So really I’m in the same boat.

That is really great news.

Congrats to her for the hard work.
Congrats to you for instilling that ethic in your young’en.

The first one is a great accomplishment…
the second one is a priceless gift that will serve her well the rest of her life.

You done good

wasnotafan
03-17-2012, 04:39 PM

Woo Hoo! That is worth a hearty "Well Done!"

wasnotafan
03-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Still looking for other forms for the taxes.:headache:

AirGoofy
03-17-2012, 04:47 PM
G’afternoon all…

I’m waiting on someone who yesterday told me he’d be here at 3 (that’s an hour an a half ago). Not a good start. I may have to take that business to a competitor.

b]

agree. I would just prefer someone tel me they can't meet the time frame instead of being late and lie about it.

This is my 1000 post

Congrats.

Here is a oldie but goodie...

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo25/JimiAH/SellersSmashsLaettner.jpg

Really? DW iPad worked right out of the box. I connected it to my network in 2 minutes and presto! I wonder why you had to do all those updates? :confused3

Maybe they extra refurbed it. Great pic.

Glad you and dds had fun.

It's the Kentucky Internet :lmao:

Seriously, sorry it was a hassle. With the new one launching yesterday iTunes was probably swamped.

Maybe. It probably the expectations as well. It is working well now.

AirGoofy
03-17-2012, 05:00 PM

it seems to be working great now. Hopefully, I will get over my initial impressions. It was just the perfect storm.

All is forgiven then. :rotfl:

Maybe your Vols will play my Hawkeyes in NY in that other tournament.

Welcome to the group. I'll give you a pass on how great UK basketball is this time.

Where are you going for these? Care to do some long distance bidding?

Blasphemy.

AirGoofy
03-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Home from soccer opening day. For those of you who don't remember, the team went undefeated last year. I lost 3 of my top players and returned 4 this year. First, my dd is goalie and gives up a goal. The team looked terrible. I am worried. I rotate my dd up to midfielder where she scores 3 goals. Turns out she was so mad (& competitive like me) that she was going to make up for the goal. She pulled the team together and went on to score 2 more goals. It was one of the most dominating performances I have seen.

Then, I center ref 2 games. I am exhausted. I ate 2 bananas and drank 5 bottles of water and I still had hamstring cramps. Tonite, it a dance performance with both dds. They have bit parts in the Owensboro Dance Theater Spring production. So, a few hours to play with my iPad before a shower and night on the town (that ends by 9).

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Whoa - thanks for putting it into perspective - o' master of the universe!

:rotfl2:

All I know is that I can check in online on Wednesday! :cool1:

Already have my mail stopped.

If I have to I will...

Just send that Keg to Canada...I promise I will take care of it... ;)

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 05:29 PM

Awesome news...

Congrats...

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 05:31 PM
I have to post My son is mad at me Because when i woke them up this morning i played it off as there mother told me to take them to school , they kept saying it is saturday and i said mom said you guys are going to school so on the way out my DD knew i was fibbing but my son said i got to get my backpack :lmao: then i said why it is saturday we are going out for breakfest . he said Daddy i'm mad at you :cool1:

Sounds exactly like something I would do...and possible have done. :thumbsup2

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 05:33 PM
G’afternoon all…

I’m waiting on someone who yesterday told me he’d be here at 3 (that’s an hour an a half ago). Not a good start.

I am still waiting from about 6 weeks ago, when someone asked me how to keep a Canadian in suspense.

I STILL DON'T KNOW!

cj9200
03-17-2012, 06:18 PM
it seems to be working great now. Hopefully, I will get over my initial impressions. It was just the perfect storm.

That is good news. Know how frustrating tech issues can be. I usually give up. Will wait until the furor of the new I-Pad slows down to buy so they can set it up for me.

Home from soccer opening day. For those of you who don't remember, the team went undefeated last year. I lost 3 of my top players and returned 4 this year. First, my dd is goalie and gives up a goal. The team looked terrible. I am worried. I rotate my dd up to midfielder where she scores 3 goals. Turns out she was so mad (& competitive like me) that she was going to make up for the goal. She pulled the team together and went on to score 2 more goals. It was one of the most dominating performances I have seen.

Then, I center ref 2 games. I am exhausted. I ate 2 bananas and drank 5 bottles of water and I still had hamstring cramps. Tonite, it a dance performance with both dds. They have bit parts in the Owensboro Dance Theater Spring production. So, a few hours to play with my iPad before a shower and night on the town (that ends by 9).

Another easy day for you Norm? Are you going to actually do anything tomorrow?

Look at it this way, you will sleep will tonight.

DD update. She is feeling better but suffers from migraines and severe headaches. Still hurting but better. She needs to be, because she has French orals this week and do a bunch of work reporting her community services hours.

AirGoofy
03-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Another easy day for you Norm? Are you going to actually do anything tomorrow?

Look at it this way, you will sleep will tonight.

Tomorrow is 1 more soccer game and ref 2 more games. The true March madness is here.

If I have to I will...

Just send that Keg to Canada...I promise I will take care of it... ;)

You can have it this time. A few more weeks.

BigTikiDaddy
03-17-2012, 07:01 PM
maybe i should of fell asleep too :lmao: I'm in trouble when Travis sees this one :rotfl2:

I know! We'll blame it on a time warp!

BigTikiDaddy
03-17-2012, 07:06 PM

Hell with sitting on it, would rather drink ;)

BigTikiDaddy
03-17-2012, 07:14 PM

Congrats to DD!! Amazing job...:cool1:

Good job, making sure everyone else is confused what day it is..:rotfl2:

I wish more people and kids had that competitive drive...excellent job! :thumbsup2

scott2997
03-17-2012, 08:03 PM
Hell with sitting on it, would rather drink ;)

:rotfl2: :thumbsup2

Disney Commando
03-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Damn where are these Auctions ?
you win some great prizes :wizard:

Where are you going for these? Care to do some long distance bidding?

Where are the gift auctions (tricky trays, they have a bunch of names) held, Schools, Churches,Firehouses, VFW etc.

95% of the people there are women:lmao: (in this case this gives me a upper hand:thumbsup2)

The items are all donated and range from $5 - $1000 almost anything you can think of you might find there, I've seen sporting event tics, concerts, Disney, Airlines, weekend getaways, catering, 32in Flat Screen Tv's, bikes, tools, dinners, GC, patio sets, fishing trips, signed sports items with coa, lap tops, kindles, nooks etc,:worship:

Every table has a different color ticket that you drop into a can (each table is a different level of prizes and the tickets get more expensive at each level) example the WDW tickets were $5 a pop I bought 4:woohoo:

Then they pick a ticket if your number is the one they call you win:yay:

Right now and the Fall are the prime times they run these, so check your newspaper, or search on the net for ones in your area:confused3

I went to one the first time a couple years ago with my wife, and I got hooked, I don't spend more the $60 at them and I get a lot for the money:worship:, but that might just be luck:rolleyes1

GoHerd1028
03-17-2012, 08:20 PM
It has beena godo day here. We had a St Patricks Day BBQ with some friends and one of the families was telling us how they went to WDW a few weeks ago and just could not understand what all the hype was, and how they did not like it at the MK...The said that they gave it one more try and went to Epcot and as luck would have it...they were selected as the Family of the DaY1:confused3 They are still anti Disney and admit that Shari and I should have been in their shoes that day instead of them :rotfl2:

Disney Commando
03-17-2012, 08:23 PM
It has beena godo day here. We had a St Patricks Day BBQ with some friends and one of the families was telling us how they went to WDW a few weeks ago and just could not understand what all the hype was, and how they did not like it at the MK...The said that they gave it one more try and went to Epcot and as luck would have it...they were selected as the Family of the DaY1:confused3 They are still anti Disney and admit that Shari and I should have been in their shoes that day instead of them :rotfl2:

Family Of The Day, now thats cool, how can they possibly be anti Disney after that, I guess some people just won't let the Magic happen:confused3

GoHerd1028
03-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Family Of The Day, now thats cool, how can they possibly be anti Disney after that, I guess some people just won't let the Magic happen:confused3

I agree Ron!!! There were "unimpressed" by it all...I would have been excited about it~~~ The had an opportunity that others would love to have and did not enjoy it like someone who appreciates and "gets it" would

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:08 PM

Some people just don't get it at all... and I understand that.

You have to immerse yourself in the magic, and you have to WANT to believe.

I appreciate Disney for the details, for going the extra mile to make the magic real.

Some people just don't see it, or when they do see it, they don't even know what they are looking at.

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Norm, do you use iMessage with your iPad?

Send me a PM with your id (e-mail or what ever you use).

theduck619
03-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Evening gents :thumbsup2

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 09:17 PM

Good evening puppy... I mean.... Dave.

BigTikiDaddy
03-17-2012, 09:54 PM

Evening!!

RodBelding
03-17-2012, 10:08 PM

Good evening puppy... I mean.... Dave.

Evening!!

Evening gentlemen.

Disney Commando
03-17-2012, 10:32 PM
I came up with a idea the other day,that my wife doesn't agree on, but on the past track record of listening to others instead of my gut I've missed out on a few prospects that did pan out:headache: So with that I'm just going to go with this one:banana:

The local firehouse is raffling a 2012 Harley, only 300 tickets $100 a pop, I don't ride but I like the odds, I mentioned it to someone I know who rides and knows the bike, I wanted to know how much it was worth, and say I won it if he would be interested and what he would give me for it:confused3

He said it was worth 20Gs and he would give me 14Gs cash, so with that in my mind I have to buy a ticket:confused3

GoHerd1028
03-17-2012, 10:37 PM
I came up with a idea the other day,that my wife doesn't agree on, but on the past track record of listening to others instead of my gut I've missed out on a few prospects that did pan out:headache: So with that I'm just going to go with this one:banana:

The local firehouse is raffling a 2012 Harley, only 300 tickets $100 a pop, I don't ride but I like the odds, I mentioned it to someone I know who rides and knows the bike, I wanted to know how much it was worth, and say I won it if he would be interested and what he would give me for it:confused3

He said it was worth 20Gs and he would give me 14Gs cash, so with that in my mind I have to buy a ticket:confused3

I am sure you will win it..you are that lucky!!!:thumbsup2

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 10:38 PM

Your odds are 0.3333%.

You comfortable with that?

thheaton
03-17-2012, 10:41 PM

so you tried to trick them it was really friday and then came in here shouting sunday ownage.:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl: man can I pick a nemesis.:thumbsup2

thheaton
03-17-2012, 10:45 PM
hope everyone is doing great and enjoyed st. patricks day. I enjoyed it by working for 14 hours. :upsidedow

Disney Commando
03-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Your odds are 0.3333%.

You comfortable with that?

I think I am after all the odds are a lot better then trying to win a Pick 3 straight at 1 in 999 :confused3

twokids0204
03-17-2012, 10:51 PM
I think I am after all the odds are a lot better then trying to win a Pick 3 straight at 1 in 999 :confused3

I've got faith in ya.

wasnotafan
03-17-2012, 10:52 PM
Blasphemy.

Sorry Norm. I'm a mercenary and work for whoever pays me. In a value neutral world I may even root for my employers teams, but when I see how the system is stacked against the supposed main purpose of the Land Grant institution in favor of the athletic department my loyalties go out the window in favor of my alma mater.

Disney Commando
03-17-2012, 11:02 PM
I've got faith in ya.

This is the way I look at it, if I don't try I'll never know, If I buy one and lose I'm out $100 and get told I'm sure by my wife I told you so:lmao:, If I win I'm the smartest guy ever for going against the grain:confused3

wasnotafan
03-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Even on weekends when I'm the only one working the drama never ends. If certain people don't get off the power trips and sticking their noses in where it doesn't belong I may have to make a trip to the big city to talk to the Dean. I'm getting too old for this Beverly. :headache:

I miss the days when I operated a goon spoon for a pipeline company. $14/hr and 1.5X anything over 40 hours. Good money for a college student and I was too tired to spend any of it. :rotfl:

Disney Commando
03-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Even on weekends when I'm the only one working the drama never ends. If certain people don't get off the power trips and sticking their noses in where it doesn't belong I may have to make a trip to the big city to talk to the Dean. I'm getting too old for this Beverly. :headache:

I miss the days when I operated a goon spoon for a pipeline company. $14/hr and 1.5X anything over 40 hours. Good money for a college student and I was too tired to spend any of it. :rotfl:

This is one of the reasons I count the days till I can retire, even though it's still like 8 years away:rolleyes1

baseballmickey
03-17-2012, 11:10 PM

Those are the moments we live for!! :thumbsup2

Congrats!!!

Sunday ownage

sunday ownage

Someone's got their very own time warp happening...

baseballmickey
03-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Oh, and look up above... I got myself some St. Padder's Day Ownage!!

wasnotafan
03-17-2012, 11:15 PM
This is the way I look at it, if I don't try I'll never know, If I buy one and lose I'm out $100 and get told I'm sure by my wife I told you so:lmao:, If I win I'm the smartest guy ever for going against the grain:confused3

Hope you win. If you win it you should ride it though. After I get my 3rd or 4th million I'm going to get a '36 knucklehead. I have to wait that long because SWMBO has already spoken for the first couple of million $$$. :rotfl2:

baseballmickey
03-17-2012, 11:19 PM
This is my 1000 post

Goodmorning all
Thank You

Congrats on hitting the big 1K... even though it apparently didn't happen until tomorrow. :confused3

Disney Commando
03-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Congrats on hitting the big 1K... even though it apparently didn't happen until tomorrow. :confused3

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

Disney Commando
03-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Brian what was that link for the preorder photo pass, wife wants to go on her own:confused3

baseballmickey
03-17-2012, 11:29 PM

two words: gift certificate. :rotfl2:

Amazing! Fantastic! Wonderful!! Congratulations to DD!!!

So this morning you knew it was Saturday... that helps in establishing the timeline, and soon we may figure out exactly where and when it was that you lost track of what day it was.

AirGoofy
03-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Where are the gift auctions (tricky trays, they have a bunch of names) held, Schools, Churches,Firehouses, VFW etc.

95% of the people there are women:lmao: (in this case this gives me a upper hand:thumbsup2)

The items are all donated and range from $5 - $1000 almost anything you can think of you might find there, I've seen sporting event tics, concerts, Disney, Airlines, weekend getaways, catering, 32in Flat Screen Tv's, bikes, tools, dinners, GC, patio sets, fishing trips, signed sports items with coa, lap tops, kindles, nooks etc,:worship:

Every table has a different color ticket that you drop into a can (each table is a different level of prizes and the tickets get more expensive at each level) example the WDW tickets were $5 a pop I bought 4:woohoo:

Right now and the Fall are the prime times they run these, so check your newspaper, or search on the net for ones in your area:confused3

I went to one the first time a couple years ago with my wife, and I got hooked, I don't spend more the $60 at them and I get a lot for the money:worship:, but that might just be luck:rolleyes1

I'll have to check but I haven't heard of them. My town has 55,000 & bans together to censor movies to keep them out of town. This may be gambling they don't support.

Some people just don't get it.

Good luck. We have things like this occasionally.

Sorry Norm. I'm a mercenary and work for whoever pays me. In a value neutral world I may even root for my employers teams, but when I see how the system is stacked against the supposed main purpose of the Land Grant institution in favor of the athletic department my loyalties go out the window in favor of my alma mater.

I'm just messing with you. I cheer for all our ky schools to win, while there area some that would want other schools UL to lose all the time. I think that is silly. My institution has those special rules for special people too. I'm just not one of the chosen ones who get to be special.

AirGoofy
03-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Enough fun for one day. Time to get some sleep and hit the soccer field tomorrow. Good night all.

baseballmickey
03-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Brian what was that link for the preorder photo pass, wife wants to go on her own:confused3

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

baseballmickey
03-18-2012, 12:01 AM

I am exhausted just reading that. Way to go DD bouncing back from that goal to score several of her own!! :thumbsup2 And 5 bottles of water?? 20 oz, or larger?? I'd be running to the bathroom every 15 minutes... lots of "official timeouts"

DD update. She is feeling better but suffers from migraines and severe headaches. Still hurting but better. She needs to be, because she has French orals this week and do a bunch of work reporting her community services hours.

Sorry you guys missed out on your trip.

Maybe they won't allow themselves to be impressed, no matter what. :confused3 It's not for everybody, I guess.

hope everyone is doing great and enjoyed st. patricks day. I enjoyed it by working for 14 hours. :upsidedow

that's a long day at work. On the positive side that is money you were earning and not spending... maybe??

twokids0204
03-18-2012, 12:07 AM

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

Yuuuuup..... :thumbsup2

RodBelding
03-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Good night gentlemen. Good night. :thumbsup2

Disney Commando
03-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Why Thank You kind Sir:thumbsup2

baseballmickey
03-18-2012, 12:11 AM
St. Patrick's Day has come to an end... no work today, so spent the entire day with the wife and kids. The leperchaun escaped DD's very cleverly-laid trap, and played several tricks on us, including giving us all some green hairs! DW was not spared, despite being supposedly 100% italian. The little rascal did leave behind some treats.

DD had dance class, and we all went and got to see a sneak peek of her tap routine to "Judy in Disguise" for her upcoming recital. After that we had lunch and then headed home to relax.

Instead of corn beef and cabbage, our traditional meal is Shepherd's Pie. DS was a sight to see shoveling little handfuls of meat, potatoes, and carrots into his mouth... and hair... and down his shirt... and everywhere else!

also finished making the invitations to DS's upcoming first annual celebration of his escape from DW's womb... also known as his birthday! Now the gears are turning and various plans and schemes are forming on things to do for the party.

very tired and looking forward to another relaxing day off tomorrow. Maybe I'll get some yard work done.

baseballmickey
03-18-2012, 12:16 AM
consecutive page ownage...

just to add that yesterday I weighed in at 236 lbs, for a loss of 1.5 lbs for week 2.

Starting weight: 240lbs
Week 1: 237.5 (-2.5)
Week 2: 236.0 (-1.5)
Week 3 target: 233 (-3.0)

averaging 2lbs per week so far, so I am on track. Softball is canceled for tomorrow, but I think it is high time to start fitting some exercise in to help things along. Would really love to get down to 230 by the end of this month!!

Disney Commando
03-18-2012, 12:18 AM

just to add that yesterday I weighed in at 236 lbs, for a loss of 1.5 lbs for week 2.

averaging 2lbs per week so far, so I am on track. Softball is canceled for tomorrow, but I think it is high time to start fitting some exercise in to help things along. Would really love to get down to 230 by the end of this month!!

Congrats:thumbsup2, come walk around WDW with me I'll have you down to 200 in a few days:lmao:

baseballmickey
03-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Congrats:thumbsup2, come walk around WDW with me I'll have you down to 200 in a few days:lmao:

thanks.

I wish I could. there is no place I would rather get my exercise.

baseballmickey
03-18-2012, 12:21 AM
and lastly, before I turn in...

some St. Patrick's Day entertainment... slightly late (or very very early for next year!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbuRA_D3KU&sns=fb

Enjoy!!

theduck619
03-18-2012, 04:47 AM
Good Sunday morning :cool1:

Big rematch next weekend Norm! My heart says IU, but I can't see your Wildcats letting it happen twice :confused3

theduck619
03-18-2012, 04:48 AM

Congrats!

DisneyDadC
03-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Good Morning Gentlemen

DisneyDadC
03-18-2012, 06:18 AM
OK now, I see how helpful you all were in not mentioning the word boat for me.:lmao:Well after putting in almost40 hrs in the last three days,I am tired and sore.I am now off to cook and serve breakfast at the Elks, then probably head on down to the ball fields to get a few hrs of work in down there. So todays word/words of the day to avoid using are."tired and sore" Thank you for your support:rotfl2:

Cinderella's Fella
03-18-2012, 06:53 AM

Big rematch next weekend Norm! My heart says IU, but I can't see your Wildcats letting it happen twice :confused3

Good Morning David!

Do you prefer to be called David, or Dave?

Cinderella's Fella
03-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Good Morning Gentlemen

OK now, I see how helpful you all were in not mentioning the word boat for me.:lmao:Well after putting in almost40 hrs in the last three days,I am tired and sore.I am now off to cook and serve breakfast at the Elks, then probably head on down to the ball fields to get a few hrs of work in down there. So todays word/words of the day to avoid using are."tired and sore" Thank you for your support:rotfl2:

Good Morning Carl!

I hope to have some time to rest up and feel better.

Cinderella's Fella
03-18-2012, 06:57 AM
We're head down to DC to see the cherry blossoms. If anyone is there, stop by and say hi. I think I'll wear a DISDad shirt.

disney67
03-18-2012, 08:50 AM
driving or flying? Either way, drop it off here.

Sick about that potential adoption. Hope she feels better.

congrats.

you woke them up and they complained? Where did you take them for breakfast?first i had to make them work for there breakfest by going food shopping , then we went to a local diner that is not a big place a the owner knows everyone it is alot of fun going there .

G’afternoon all…

Sorry for the mini rant.
We now return you to a little bit o’ mindless banter…

And we’re all tickled for ya’

just sayin'

Unfortunate.
More for her then you, but I do hope that both conditions improve in the very near.

Turned mine in before the end of January.

But if it helps at all…
I’ll probably be spending a good bit of this week doing my MIL’s returns,
So really I’m in the same boat.

That is really great news.

Congrats to her for the hard work.
Congrats to you for instilling that ethic in your young’en.

The first one is a great accomplishment…
the second one is a priceless gift that will serve her well the rest of her life.

You done good I so agree when people say they are going to be some where at a certain time they should or they should at least call and say otherwise .

Then, I center ref 2 games. I am exhausted. I ate 2 bananas and drank 5 bottles of water and I still had hamstring cramps. Tonite, it a dance performance with both dds. They have bit parts in the Owensboro Dance Theater Spring production. So, a few hours to play with my iPad before a shower and night on the town (that ends by 9).Norm , maybe you need to do what Rodney Dangerfield did in the movie Ladybugs Dress a boy up to play on your team :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Sounds exactly like something I would do...and possible have done. :thumbsup2this was the nice Jeff ,
if I wanted to be Mean I say reveille everyone know if i do this im not happy or they are moving too slow . Brian do not tell Travis im using a dictionary to spell :rotfl2:

I am still waiting from about 6 weeks ago, when someone asked me how to keep a Canadian in suspense.

I STILL DON'T KNOW!They did not tell you thats not nice

I know! We'll blame it on a time warp!Wish that Time warp put me in DISNEY

I went to one the first time a couple years ago with my wife, and I got hooked, I don't spend more the $60 at them and I get a lot for the money:worship:, but that might just be luck:rolleyes1thanks for the heads up :cool1:

if being the family of the day did not change them , they should be barred from our happy place ! Some people are funny my mom loved the first 2 times i took her then she became anti disney who knows i think some people are crazy

Evening gentlemen.
good evening this morning !

He said it was worth 20Gs and he would give me 14Gs cash, so with that in my mind I have to buy a ticket:confused3it is funny the last thing i did in chicago before i went to the airport to come home was stop at a Harley store and I always look at the bikes and the ones i looked at ranged from 10G up to 20G with the Trike i saw 15G Damn i would rather buy a car

Your odds are 0.3333%.

You comfortable with that? Brian i think your PCT is off please check your numbers and post again it must be that difference we were talking about

twokids0204
03-18-2012, 09:03 AM

twokids0204
03-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Brian i think your PCT is off please check your numbers and post again it must be that difference we were talking about

1 ticket (Ron's)
300 tickets (available)

Ron has a 1 in 300 chance of winning.

1 / 300 = 0.00333333 (x100) = 0.3333333%

:confused3

theduck619
03-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Good Morning David!

Do you prefer to be called David, or Dave?

David. Mainly because I am named after my father and he goes by Dave. I get called both though, just don't call me late for dinner :lmao:

disney67
03-18-2012, 09:17 AM
so you tried to trick them it was really friday and then came in here shouting sunday ownage.:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl: man can I pick a nemesis.:thumbsup2all I'm going to say is I deserve this !!!!:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::thumbsup2

Hahahaha I only worked 8 :idea: but I had to deal with drunks and say Sorry you are drunk cannot sell you Beer and with a smile on my face while they yell at me .

This is the way I look at it, if I don't try I'll never know, If I buy one and lose I'm out $100 and get told I'm sure by my wife I told you so:lmao:, If I win I'm the smartest guy ever for going against the grain:confused3it is a good 50/50 chance but if you lose it is more like 90/10 in that wife is not going to let you live it down !
good luck either way

I miss the days when I operated a goon spoon for a pipeline company. $14/hr and 1.5X anything over 40 hours. Good money for a college student and I was too tired to spend any of it. :rotfl:Good luck

Those are the moments we live for!! :thumbsup2

Congrats!!!

Someone's got their very own time warp happening...I would say old age since im older :lmao:

Oh, and look up above... I got myself some St. Padder's Day Ownage!!that the luck of the irish

Like I said i set myself up for this thanks :lmao:

two words: gift certificate. :rotfl2:

Amazing! Fantastic! Wonderful!! Congratulations to DD!!!

So this morning you knew it was Saturday... that helps in establishing the timeline, and soon we may figure out exactly where and when it was that you lost track of what day it was.I think i lost it when wife left at 430am and i went on the computer

Enough fun for one day. Time to get some sleep and hit the soccer field tomorrow. Good night all.good night this morning Norm have fun today

St. Patrick's Day has come to an end... no work today, so spent the entire day with the wife and kids. The leperchaun escaped DD's very cleverly-laid trap, and played several tricks on us, including giving us all some green hairs! DW was not spared, despite being supposedly 100% italian. The little rascal did leave behind some treats.

DD had dance class, and we all went and got to see a sneak peek of her tap routine to "Judy in Disguise" for her upcoming recital. After that we had lunch and then headed home to relax.

Instead of corn beef and cabbage, our traditional meal is Shepherd's Pie. DS was a sight to see shoveling little handfuls of meat, potatoes, and carrots into his mouth... and hair... and down his shirt... and everywhere else!

also finished making the invitations to DS's upcoming first annual celebration of his escape from DW's womb... also known as his birthday! Now the gears are turning and various plans and schemes are forming on things to do for the party.

very tired and looking forward to another relaxing day off tomorrow. Maybe I'll get some yard work done.this sounds like you had a really nice Day . I can say I miss the little ones putting food all over them selves those are picture shots .

Hey quick ?? you going to the Meet next sat in massapeque??

AirGoofy
03-18-2012, 09:22 AM

Excellent.

You never know. I'm going with UK.

first i had to make them work for there breakfest by going food shopping , then we went to a local diner that is not a big place a the owner knows everyone it is alot of fun going there . .

Norm , maybe you need to do what Rodney Dangerfield did in the movie Ladybugs Dress a boy up to play on your team :lmao:::

My dream was to open a diner or bakery. Now, no more dreams. Invest in 401K and state retirement and live in WDW. No need for boys. 5 goals in a game? Very rare in soccer at any age.

I am exhausted just reading that. Way to go DD bouncing back from that goal to score several of her own!! :thumbsup2 And 5 bottles of water?? 20 oz, or larger?? I'd be running to the bathroom every 15 minutes... lots of "official timeouts"
??

Port o pots. Great invention.

twokids0204
03-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Invest in 401K and state retirement and live in WDW.

Awesome dream... save me a spot on the couch.

disney67
03-18-2012, 09:29 AM

averaging 2lbs per week so far, so I am on track. Softball is canceled for tomorrow, but I think it is high time to start fitting some exercise in to help things along. Would really love to get down to 230 by the end of this month!!Congradulations on the loss ,and i like that you are losing slowly and it is better to do it slow then fast keep up the good hard work and you will reach that gold sooner then you think :wizard:

and lastly, before I turn in...

some St. Patrick's Day entertainment... slightly late (or very very early for next year!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbuRA_D3KU&sns=fb

Enjoy!!thanks for sharing

Good Morning Gentlemen
Good morning all

OK now, I see how helpful you all were in not mentioning the word boat for me.:lmao:Well after putting in almost40 hrs in the last three days,I am tired and sore.I am now off to cook and serve breakfast at the Elks, then probably head on down to the ball fields to get a few hrs of work in down there. So todays word/words of the day to avoid using are."tired and sore" Thank you for your support:rotfl2:hope work slows so you can go on the boat and be tired at the same time :lmao:

Good Morning David!

Do you prefer to be called David, or Dave?good morning

We're head down to DC to see the cherry blossoms. If anyone is there, stop by and say hi. I think I'll wear a DISDad shirt.Have Fun today

disney67
03-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Excellent.

You never know. I'm going with UK.

My dream was to open a diner or bakery. Now, no more dreams. Invest in 401K and state retirement and live in WDW. No need for boys. 5 goals in a game? Very rare in soccer at any age.

Port o pots. Great invention.I will say i'm sorry soccer is not a sport i know to well :sad2: congradulations to your DD that must of been impressive , and lets see you owning a Bakery I would pitty the customers that would say there bun is not fresh :lmao: do not feel bad i would throw the rest of the buns at them too :rotfl2:
401K maybe
anything to do with state or goverments my own personal thing bad investment:scared1:

disney67
03-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Good morning Gents
gee i guess my Nemisis is sleeping in today even tho he does not deserve it maybe i should pay him a visit with a blow horn and give him a nice loud Reville !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is about time to get the rugrats ready , not much planned maybe take the kids bowling , or see whats up around town hope everyone has a magical sunday with there families and for those who have to work like me to have a nice day .

RodBelding
03-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Morning guys. Beautiful day out today!

DD asked yesterday if she could have an allowance so she can start saving for a trip to WDW. I agreed, and gave her a few chores she needs to do each week. Then came the time to negotiate wages. I let her open. She asked for $3 a week. I agreed. Little does she know I was prepared to offer $5. Man, I totally out-negotiated a 4 year old, and it was great. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

BigTikiDaddy
03-18-2012, 10:36 AM
G'morning guys...looks like the fog that sat around the area finally cleared up, looks to be a good day. Going out this afternoon for Dad's chemo, then last home game for the Majors, meeting my brothers and some others there, be good for a lot of laughs...

Keeps my mind off the fact the in-laws are at Disney now :sad2:

theduck619
03-18-2012, 10:52 AM

As long as you're ok sitting next to me :lmao:

DD asked yesterday if she could have an allowance so she can start saving for a trip to WDW. I agreed, and gave her a few chores she needs to do each week. Then came the time to negotiate wages. I let her open. She asked for $3 a week. I agreed. Little does she know I was prepared to offer $5. Man, I totally out-negotiated a 4 year old, and it was great.

You sir, are awesome !

cj9200
03-18-2012, 11:14 AM

DD asked yesterday if she could have an allowance so she can start saving for a trip to WDW. I agreed, and gave her a few chores she needs to do each week. Then came the time to negotiate wages. I let her open. She asked for $3 a week. I agreed. Little does she know I was prepared to offer $5. Man, I totally out-negotiated a 4 year old, and it was great. :thumbsup2

She needs a better agent.

AirGoofy
03-18-2012, 11:31 AM

If I get that lottery, then you'll get to share time at the guest house.

I will say i'm sorry soccer is not a sport i know to well :sad2: congradulations to your DD that must of been impressive , and lets see you owning a Bakery I would pitty the customers that would say there bun is not fresh :lmao: do not feel bad i would throw the rest of the buns at them too :rotfl2:
401K maybe
anything to do with state or goverments my own personal thing bad investment:scared1:

I used to work in a bakery in high school, and would like to add that diner along with it. The menu would be like the one in My Cousin Vinny. I am vested in KY teacher's retirement system. One thing we see from these public debates, if you mess with teachers, who is going to babysit children everyday? So, I do think there is some safety there. I pray.

When I ordered the iPad, my youngest dd (7) asked if she could have my netbook. I told her I would sell it to her. She offered $25 and I said yes. Part of me felt a little guilty, but then, her income is from chore money that I paid, so not so much. She gets my vast IT knowledge, which is really an email to one of you for your IT knowledge.

scott2997
03-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Good afternoon gentlemen!

The DW is having a "purse party" today at our house. Needless to say, I'll be retreating to the man cave and thus enjoying my kegerator with some college b-ball on TV. :thumbsup2

Having a great day thus far, cleaning for our guests! Gotta have parties so the house gets clean!

Streaming DISRadio through my AirPlay enabled Audio Receiver. Soarin' sounds great!!

13 Days!

twokids0204
03-18-2012, 01:30 PM

The DW is having a "purse party" today at our house. Needless to say, I'll be retreating to the man cave and thus enjoying my kegerator with some college b-ball on TV. :thumbsup2

Having a great day thus far, cleaning for our guests! Gotta have parties so the house gets clean!

Streaming DISRadio through my AirPlay enabled Audio Receiver. Soarin' sounds great!!

13 Days!

I just bought my DW a purse yesterday. :eek:

It's our anniversary Wednesday, and she wanted a new purse.

Orginally she wanted a MICHE (http://www.michebag.ca), they are really kinds cool. You buy 1 purse, and put different "shells" on them, so you can have many different styles with a single purse.

I bought that for her, but it turns out the purse itself was a little small.

So we returned it, and I got her a GUESS.

twokids0204
03-18-2012, 01:36 PM
I just bought my DW a purse yesterday. :eek:

It's our anniversary Wednesday, and she wanted a new purse.

Orginally she wanted a MICHE (http://www.michebag.ca), they are really kinds cool. You buy 1 purse, and put different "shells" on them, so you can have many different styles with a single purse.

I bought that for her, but it turns out the purse itself was a little small.

After re-reading that post, I think I have to hand this back in...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-p8L92_EdJQc/TqYoFmSkdjI/AAAAAAAAAGI/Q6owDL62jwA/s1600/Officialmancard-DawnOfTheAuthenticManCard581-581.jpg

I hope the DISMom's club still has room for me.

disney67
03-18-2012, 01:54 PM

poor kid maybe she needs to take you to court for more allowence money :lmao: there was no negotiation maybe Willam Shatner can help her since he just got fired or should i say blown Up !!

G'morning guys...looks like the fog that sat around the area finally cleared up, looks to be a good day. Going out this afternoon for Dad's chemo, then last home game for the Majors, meeting my brothers and some others there, be good for a lot of laughs...

Keeps my mind off the fact the in-laws are at Disney now :sad2:well hope you have a nice day

If I get that lottery, then you'll get to share time at the guest house.

I used to work in a bakery in high school,. The menu would be like the one in My Cousin Vinny. I am vested in KY teacher's retirement system. One thing we see from these public debates, if you mess with teachers, who is going to babysit children everyday? So, I do think there is some safety there. I pray.

When I ordered the iPad, my youngest dd (7) asked if she could have my netbook. I told her I would sell it to her. She offered $25 and I said yes. Part of me felt a little guilty, but then, her income is from chore money that I paid, so not so much. She gets my vast IT knowledge, which is really an email to one of you for your IT knowledge. and would like to add that diner along with it OK now that you asked so how many kinds of Grits would it have ??

13 Days!have fun in the man cave while the wife spends money for a new Purse I guess that is fair she does not bother you for a few hours and you get cave time :thumbsup2

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-p8L92_EdJQc/TqYoFmSkdjI/AAAAAAAAAGI/Q6owDL62jwA/s1600/Officialmancard-DawnOfTheAuthenticManCard581-581.jpg

I hope the DISMom's club still has room for me.OMG lol thats all im going to say

scott2997
03-18-2012, 02:59 PM

I hope the DISMom's club still has room for me.

Consider it revoked!

You need sometime in the man cave to get it back!

thheaton
03-18-2012, 04:11 PM

congrats

Hahahaha I only worked 8 :idea: but I had to deal with drunks and say Sorry you are drunk cannot sell you Beer and with a smile on my face while they yell at me .

Drunk people always crack me up when they get angry.

BigTikiDaddy
03-18-2012, 05:06 PM

I give up, what? :confused3

twokids0204
03-18-2012, 05:34 PM
I give up, what? :confused3

I don't know

He's on Third!

DisneyDadC
03-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Wow you guys let me down!!!!:confused3 Here I thought we started a new game where I would list the word/words of the day to avoid and you guys would go crazy and and have fun with those words :rolleyes1. The word boat took off but I guess no one had anything to post about tired and sore:confused3.Oh well so much for the word of the day game. Who knows maybe I will try it again tomorrow with a new word:rotfl2: