PDA

View Full Version : Taxi from OKW??

kristenrice
03-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Hi all!

DD and I are booked for the Wild Africa Trek in June. Our tour starts at 8am and we were instructed to check in behind the Tusker House restaurant at 7:45am. I figure we should get to the park by 7:30am to allow enough time to get there.

Since the park doesn't open until 9am, I am assuming that there will be no bus running at 7am, correct? So, I'm planning on taking a cab from OKW to AK. In previous stays (at BWV, AKL and Pop) when we needed a cab, we asked the valet to call one for us and we met it at the main entrance. How does this work at OKW? First, how do we summon a cab? I want to make sure we get one of the "reputable" companies. Second, do we have to meet the cab at the HH or can they pick us up by our building? Finally, what time should I have the cab pick us up? I'm thinking 7am, but I'm not certain how much time it will take to get to the AK and then walk to Tusker House (from where?) to arrive by 7:45.

kaytieeldr
03-08-2012, 01:11 AM
There WILL be buses running, starting about 6:30, every 25-30 minutes that early. I hate to be late, so I'd probably be waiting before 6:30, but you should be fine getting to the AK bus stop before 7.

Missytara
03-08-2012, 08:29 AM
As the PP stated, there is early bus transporation to all the parks early, due to early morning ADR's.

However, when you need to take a cab, proceed to the main building near guest services.

Sometimes there are cabs already waiting; however, they are always on property. Guest services can call to have one for you and they magically appear.

kristenrice
03-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the info.

It's good to know that the bus is an option, but I think I like the taxi option a little better. If I get to the bus stop at 6:30am, the bus will be there within 5 minutes and we will be WAY too early....

...but if I get to the bus stop at 7am, we'll end up waiting 20 minutes and then we'll be late:lmao:...

At least with the taxi, I know that I can leave at 7:15 and make it there on time.

Just to clarify, we will have to go to the hospitality house to catch a cab, correct? We cannot have one pick us up outside our villa? We've put in a request for the Turtle Pond area so walking to the HH won't be too big of a deal....it will be our warm-up for the trek:thumbsup2.