PDA

View Full Version : Transportation to MCO from WDW

Checkers
03-06-2012, 03:06 PM
We are going in Oct. and flying Frontier which is not (as yet) a participating airline with Resort Airline Check-In. Since we have an early morning return flight (9 a.m.) we were thinking of just taking a cab or a limo to the airport instead of using Magical Express and that way we would not have to leave as early. Anyone have any experience taking a taxi or limo to the airport, and if so, what are we looking at cost-wise? There will be six of us (5 adults, 1 child). TIA.

backyardponder
03-06-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't think you'll save much time with a taxi or limo. Since you will have to check your bags at the airport, you have to allow for that time plus time to get through security.

If you do take a taxi or limo, do you need a car seat? If so, plan for that.

6 people won't fit into a normal taxi, so you'll need a van. I'm sure you can reserve one through Mears (www.mears.com). If you can't figure out the rate on their web site, give them a call.

I've never taken a limo there.

Jestocost
03-06-2012, 04:47 PM
We are going in Oct. and flying Frontier which is not (as yet) a participating airline with Resort Airline Check-In. Since we have an early morning return flight (9 a.m.) we were thinking of just taking a cab or a limo to the airport instead of using Magical Express and that way we would not have to leave as early. Anyone have any experience taking a taxi or limo to the airport, and if so, what are we looking at cost-wise? There will be six of us (5 adults, 1 child). TIA.

Taking a cab will run at least $50-60 plus tip and you will need a van for a group of six. A limo for six will run closer to $135 plus tip. You'll probably be able to leave at 6:30 a.m. instead of 6:00 a.m. if you use a cab or limo.