PDA

View Full Version : Wallking from y&BC to front of Epcot

Califgirl
03-06-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm taking a Tour in Epcot at 9 am, before the International Gateway opens. In the past, our names were at the International Gateway gate with what tour we were taking, and they let us in. I was told when I booked this tour that they no longer will do this and we must enter through the front gate at Epcot.

The CM told me we could take the walking path from the Yacht Club to the front of Epcot. I've never heard of this path. Can someone enlighten me? (We're actually staying at BWV)

Jestocost
03-06-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm taking a Tour in Epcot at 9 am, before the International Gateway opens. In the past, our names were at the International Gateway gate with what tour we were taking, and they let us in. I was told when I booked this tour that they no longer will do this and we must enter through the front gate at Epcot.

The CM told me we could take the walking path from the Yacht Club to the front of Epcot. I've never heard of this path. Can someone enlighten me? (We're actually staying at BWV)

There is no walking path to the front of Epcot from the YC/BC or BW. Basically it seems you will have to take a cab. Although a CM who believes there is such a path might very well be wrong about the IG situation too.

goofy4tink
03-06-2012, 01:43 PM
And yet more bad info from a CM!! I probably had the same CM when I booked a tour that left at the front of Epcot as well....told me I could just walk there, along that 'path'. No need to actually enter the park.

So, where are you heading to for your tour??? I would just head over to the Gateway early in the morning, the day before, if at all possible. Ask them what time you will be allowed to enter for a 9:00 tour. It usually isn't a huge issue. There are people entering WS from the IG early...they have breakfast ADRs at Akershus...so of course you can enter prior to park opening. And that hasn't changed, don't much care what they told you!!!

I would imagine that the CMs have your name on a list for tours as well as names for ADRs.

Califgirl
03-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Geeze! No wonder I've never heard of the non-existant walking path!:rotfl2:

Thank you so much for the replies! I know we went in the IG last October for a 9am tour. But, things change.
I will definitely ask at the IG, or maybe even at Guest Relations a day or so before our tour and find out something definite.

You are all probably right, it's probably the same as it's always been. Still I guess I had better double check when I get there. :goodvibes
Thanks again!

Horace Horsecollar
03-06-2012, 02:28 PM

Considering that the CM is WRONG about "the walking path from the Yacht Club to the front of Epcot," I wonder if the CM is also WRONG about no longer being able to use International Gateway to get to the front of Epcot before the opening time of Epcot. After all, that's how people get to various early tours and to early breakfast reservations at Akershus.

I would recommend calling back and asking for a supervisor. If you know who helped you, you should tell the supervisor (or perhaps the supervisor can figure it out from your tour reservation) -- not to get the CM in trouble, but so the CM can get a little more training. Chances are the CM has provided the same misinformation to other guests, and will continue to do so if not corrected.