PDA

View Full Version : bringing food from home on international flight?

emmabelle
03-01-2012, 10:01 AM
hello,

we leave for France in a week and my daughter is the very pickiest eater you've ever met. I was hoping to bring Quaker Oatmeal with us on the plane to avoid having to find a substitute for it in France. Anyone know if I can bring it and would it be better to bring it in the carryon or checked luggage? I was going to bring it in the original unopened cardboard container, oh yeah and it can't be the individual packets of it either. :sad2:;) I told you she was picky....We're renting an apartment there, so we can cook it.

OrangeCountyCommuter
03-01-2012, 10:47 AM
hello,

we leave for France in a week and my daughter is the very pickiest eater you've ever met. I was hoping to bring Quaker Oatmeal with us on the plane to avoid having to find a substitute for it in France. Anyone know if I can bring it and would it be better to bring it in the carryon or checked luggage? I was going to bring it in the original unopened cardboard container, oh yeah and it can't be the individual packets of it either. :sad2:;) I told you she was picky....We're renting an apartment there, so we can cook it.

That should be fine... probably doesn't matter where you pack it. (Of course if it's a HUGE crisis is it's lost carry it on :) )

Fruits, veggies, baked goods, meats and cheeses are generally regulated. Package food like this is good to go.

emmabelle
03-01-2012, 10:56 AM
That should be fine... probably doesn't matter where you pack it. (Of course if it's a HUGE crisis is it's lost carry it on :) )

Fruits, veggies, baked goods, meats and cheeses are generally regulated. Package food like this is good to go.

oh I hope so!!!!

I did find a french market that sells American goods at really high prices, so if it is confiscated I know where I can get some. :rotfl: Don't really want to spend $10 though for something that usually costs $3. ;)

lost*in*cyberspace
03-01-2012, 11:33 AM
There will be no problem bringing oatmeal into France. No one will give it a second glance. You know, you can easily buy oatmeal there as well.

emmabelle
03-01-2012, 12:27 PM
There will be no problem bringing oatmeal into France. No one will give it a second glance. You know, you can easily buy oatmeal there as well.

I know, but knowing my DD as I do, if it's not in a Quaker Oats container that you cook on the stovetop for one minute, then she'll have an issue with it. :sad2: ;)

bumbershoot
03-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Could just bring the box, and say the stoves are weird there....

And maybe a couple days of fresh croissants for breakfast will help her get over the exact oatmeal habit! :) (unless, of course, the croissants have something she's allergic to)

emmabelle
03-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Could just bring the box, and say the stoves are weird there....

And maybe a couple days of fresh croissants for breakfast will help her get over the exact oatmeal habit! :) (unless, of course, the croissants have something she's allergic to)

don't I wish it were that easy....:guilty: Oh well we all have our crosses to bear in life, and I just try and stay as positive as possible. There's a little more going on here than she just has to have a certain kind of oatmeal, but that's a story for a different day and probably the community board. ;)