PDA

View Full Version : July 2012 Car Rentals

Pages : [1] 2

TamaraQT
02-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Well it's that time of year again. Time to share our discount codes and deals. I am traveling back to MCO from 7/18 to 7/28. So far even with Alamo Insider discount codes I am not finding anything under $500!! :scared1:

Going by my past Ressies I saved I usually find something in the neighborhood of $300 by now. Its just not happening this year!! :sad2:

Lucky'sMom
02-29-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm experiencing the same thing. I've found some doable airfares, but we'll be driving unless I can find a decent minivan rental price. I'm not paying upwards of $800-1000 for a 2 week van rental!

snowangel72
02-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Same here, this is ridiculous! Hotwire is the only thing that is reasonable and it's only a compact so we would need TWO!

snowangel72
02-29-2012, 06:17 PM
The April car rental board is hoping! They have posted tons of codes. I booked a minivan for now for $472 but hopefully I will get a better rate closer to July.

There is an awesome Avis deal going on but it expires June 30. I remember the same thing happened last year, expired before we got there.

link to April thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860730&highlight=car

minniemomof3
02-29-2012, 06:43 PM
I need a minivan from July 7-19. I'm flying into Lakeland which makes it even harder, only two onsite car companies.

gymstx
02-29-2012, 09:55 PM
We are on the hunt for car deals as well for July! July 7th through the 15th. There are 11 of us!!! Prices are insane right now!!!

floridascgirl
03-01-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm trying to find a mid-size SUV for Yellowstone/Grand Tetons July 10-19 and the best price I can find is around $1300!!!! :sad2: I've never rented a car before, but I know that is an outrageous price. I'm hoping that an upcoming code will help us out.

dancin Disney style
03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
We are looking at flying on either June 30th or July 1st...right now July 1st has a slightly better fare. We need a 2 week rental and the prices are in the$800 neighbourhood with taxes. We will be fine with a compact....although it will be tight when the luggage is in the car. At least that's only a half hour drive back and forth to the airport.

TamaraQT
03-03-2012, 02:50 PM
OMG!! I am getting worried. I usually have something reserved by now. This year there is only 4 of us. But with luggage the smallest I can go is mid-size but i prefer full size or a midsize SUV (Ford Escape). I hope we see a drop in prices soon. This is really bugging me this year. :scared:

TikiGoddess07
03-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Last year I booked a fullsize through Priceline and got $18 per day (with Hertz). Midsize was $13 per day. We rented for 9 days I think.

This year I'm looking at July 16-26 and will most likely try the Priceline route again, closer to our trip. It was definitely the easiest way to book it (no searching for codes) and the price was reasonable. We got a surprise upgrade to an SUV when we arrived too. :)

Kathy

webworm
03-03-2012, 08:28 PM
We are looking at flying on either June 30th or July 1st...right now July 1st has a slightly better fare. We need a 2 week rental and the prices are in the$800 neighbourhood with taxes. We will be fine with a compact....although it will be tight when the luggage is in the car. At least that's only a half hour drive back and forth to the airport.

Check expedia.ca and you can get a prepaid rate of $285CAN inc taxes for a fullsize with Budget from Jul 1 - 15th. Even if you cancel you get a refund.

dancin Disney style
03-04-2012, 07:55 AM
Check expedia.ca and you can get a prepaid rate of $285CAN inc taxes for a fullsize with Budget from Jul 1 - 15th. Even if you cancel you get a refund.

Thanks, that`s good to know.....I still don`t have a flight booked so I`m reluctant to pay for a car right now. Also, our dates could change a little but I`m going to look at Expedia.

TandEsMommy
03-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Right now I have a mid-size SUV for a week in August for $290, including tax and fees and free insurance. It's kind of a pain to book, but use corporate ID 8572130.

It is a public code, but you must be a member of KLM's frequent flyer program to use it. Go to the KLM site and register for "Flying Blue" (free). Make a note of your member #.

Then go to National and join the Emerald Club if you aren't already a member (also free). In your EC profile, opt for miles from KLM instead of National's rewards program. Put in your KLM number.

When making your reservation, put in the ID number above (log into your EC club first).

It is by far the best rate I have found to date on pretty much any size car. Found this somewhere else on the DIS; plenty of posters have already called to make sure we can use it, so all is good there.

Someone else was able to stack a coupon with it, but there aren't any valid for my dates yet, so I'm keeping an eye out on rates in the meantime.

GL!

webworm
03-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Right now I have a mid-size SUV for a week in August for $290, including tax and fees and free insurance. It's kind of a pain to book, but use corporate ID 8572130.

It is a public code, but you must be a member of KLM's frequent flyer program to use it. Go to the KLM site and register for "Flying Blue" (free). Make a note of your member #.

Then go to National and join the Emerald Club if you aren't already a member (also free). In your EC profile, opt for miles from KLM instead of National's rewards program. Put in your KLM number.

When making your reservation, put in the ID number above (log into your EC club first).

It is by far the best rate I have found to date on pretty much any size car. Found this somewhere else on the DIS; plenty of posters have already called to make sure we can use it, so all is good there.

Someone else was able to stack a coupon with it, but there aren't any valid for my dates yet, so I'm keeping an eye out on rates in the meantime.

GL!

You can get a full size car on expedia.ca with Budget for $142CAN inc taxes or a midsize SUV for $215. US residents can book as well and even if you cancel will get a refund.

TandEsMommy
03-04-2012, 06:22 PM
You can get a full size car on expedia.ca with Budget for $142CAN inc taxes or a midsize SUV for $215. US residents can book as well and even if you cancel will get a refund.

I saw your post earlier and tried....for my dates it gave me a midsize SUV for CAD$560 and a minivan for CAD$716 :confused3 Hopefully it will drop as dates get closer, but apparently my dates are awful for getting eals :scared:

Paging Tom Morrow
03-04-2012, 07:01 PM

A huge thank you to you! I just got a full-size car for Easter Week for $137 including all taxes and fees! Cheapest rate I had previously seen was $288. Thanks! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Lucky'sMom
03-04-2012, 07:28 PM

They don't seem to offer minivans. I keep trying and none come up.

Doug7856
03-04-2012, 07:30 PM
I need a car for two weeks end of June and beginning of July. Shocked at the prices.

webworm
03-05-2012, 09:01 AM
They don't seem to offer minivans. I keep trying and none come up.

I don't think minivans are part of the expedia deal at all from what I have seen so far anyhow. I saw your earlier post and I gather you are looking for a minvan for 2 weeks in July. I think Budget is your best option for now. Try BCD x474200 (travelocity code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. I plugged in Jul 7 - 21st and I get $559.82 inc taxes after $30 coupon is applied when return minvan. You can use the link below to book if you wish.
https://book1.carrental.com/dcweb/app?service=page/BUDStep1&pid=Costco&locale=en&budgetCoupon=MUGZ029&CID=W852802_30offweekly

Lucky'sMom
03-05-2012, 02:33 PM
I don't think minivans are part of the expedia deal at all from what I have seen so far anyhow. I saw your earlier post and I gather you are looking for a minvan for 2 weeks in July. I think Budget is your best option for now. Try BCD x474200 (travelocity code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. I plugged in Jul 7 - 21st and I get $559.82 inc taxes after $30 coupon is applied when return minvan. You can use the link below to book if you wish.
https://book1.carrental.com/dcweb/app?service=page/BUDStep1&pid=Costco&locale=en&budgetCoupon=MUGZ029&CID=W852802_30offweekly

Darn, my dates the price is $1050.94 (July 13-27).

wed100105
03-05-2012, 02:40 PM

GL!

I am hoping that this will work as prices drop for an even better deal. I am flying into Sanford and they don't have an Emerald Aisle. Does anyone know what the benefit is to being an Emerald Club member is if they don't have an Emerald Aisle?

rynosmom
03-06-2012, 10:17 AM
We are looking for 7/13-7/20 and the rates are :scared1: Last year I paid less than $100 total for 6/30-7/9. I'm going hold off as this is the exact way it started last year and than in June the price was dropping daily.

webworm
03-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Darn, my dates the price is $1050.94 (July 13-27).

How did you get $1050.94? I get $559.82 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle for your dates Jul 13 - 27th.

Lucky'sMom
03-06-2012, 01:34 PM
How did you get $1050.94? I get $559.82 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle for your dates Jul 13 - 27th.

When I click on the link you provided, I still get $1054.94 before taxes,over $1200 after taxes. It puts the codes you gave in the boxes, do I need to do something else?

gymstx
03-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Still no luck here, anyone else have any?

TamaraQT
03-21-2012, 09:45 PM
OMG!! Rates are still out of control !!!! :lmao:

My dates are 7/18 9am to 7/28 9am. I hope I will find something good before May, but since all my reservations for everything else is complete, I want to put this car rental to bed. My problem is I am an ALAMO fan. I do have an intermediate vehicle reserved at Thrifty for $465 but I am hoping for a much better deal. :surfweb:

webworm
03-22-2012, 09:42 AM
OMG!! Rates are still out of control !!!! :lmao:

My dates are 7/18 9am to 7/28 9am. I hope I will find something good before May, but since all my reservations for everything else is complete, I want to put this car rental to bed. My problem is I am an ALAMO fan. I do have an intermediate vehicle reserved at Thrifty for $465 but I am hoping for a much better deal. :surfweb:

With Budget using travelocity code BCDx474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off I get $404 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle for an intermediate. Budget includes the free additional driver as well and Thrifty charges $10/day extra if that is important.

TOMAR@SSR
03-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Subscribing :goodvibes ....and still waiting for "Alamo" to drop those outragous rates for July !! :scared1:

andrews_dad
03-23-2012, 09:31 PM
The April car rental board is hoping! They have posted tons of codes. I booked a minivan for now for $472 but hopefully I will get a better rate closer to July.

There is an awesome Avis deal going on but it expires June 30. I remember the same thing happened last year, expired before we got there.

link to April thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860730&highlight=car

What is Avis deal? That thread so long I can't seem to locate which one you mean?

TamaraQT
03-23-2012, 11:50 PM
With Budget using travelocity code BCDx474200 and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off I get $404 inc taxes after coupon is applied when return vehicle for an intermediate. Budget includes the free additional driver as well and Thrifty charges $10/day extra if that is important.

Thanks!! :thumbsup2 I made the reservation with Budget just in case this is the best deal I can get. The additional driver is important to me so I guess I better cancel Thrifty. Thanks again. I am still hopeful that Alamo is going to come thru for me in the end and beat everyones price!! :laughing:

TamaraQT
03-26-2012, 02:09 PM
This is begining to get hilarious.....I can't help but keep looking and checking everyday.....today the cheapest I found for Alamo was $551.94 (7/18 - 7/28). It was for an intermediate SUV but gave the option of an car class change to a Crossover(ford edge) for no additional cost. OMG!!! My DH would DIE if I agreed to pay $550!!! :lmao: I am losing patience with the whole process. I know that for us traveling in July we will begin to see better rates by May but it is so hard waiting!!!!! :laughing:

TamaraQT
03-28-2012, 03:13 PM
The prices people are getting for their April trips is making me GREEN !!! :sick:
Less than $200 for a 10 day full size rental !!! :laughing: Congrats to them!!!:banana: I hope to see July rentals drop low. Right now, I would be happy to see rates at $300!! :rotfl:

kiki02
03-29-2012, 01:14 PM
BUMP

july rentals still so high!

Shelly F - Ohio
03-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Your July rentals should be no where near what you are getting quotes for today! The best car deals happen about 2 weeks before your trip thats when car rental companies release their last minute car rental rates. So don't drive yourself crazy looking now. Don't need you suffering a heart attack before your trip.:lmao:

TamaraQT
03-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Your July rentals should be no where near what you are getting quotes for today! The best car deals happen about 2 weeks before your trip thats when car rental companies release their last minute car rental rates. So don't drive yourself crazy looking now. Don't need you suffering a heart attack before your trip.:lmao:

Shelly thanks for giving me hope!! :goodvibes It's just that by now I usually have something alot more reasonable than the current rates. Sometimes I rebook at a month out. I know I need to relax but I can't help it!!! :laughing:

TamaraQT
04-04-2012, 10:11 AM
I am still TRYING to be patient!!! :cool1:

gymstx
04-04-2012, 04:56 PM
I've never been good with patience! :rolleyes1

TamaraQT
04-05-2012, 07:16 AM
I've never been good with patience! :rolleyes1

Me either !!! :laughing: DH wants me to stick with Alamo. He considers them "Hassle-Free". Although one time we did have a problem, but he keeps reminding me how they worked hard to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. I have to agree. :rolleyes: But what can I do if in the end, their prices aren't lower than others. :confused3 He said we know the procedures and what to expect from Alamo, so its worth a couple of bucks to stick with what we know since we have been very happy with their service. Geez...is it really that serious??? :lovestruc But then again, I guess it is since I am online everyday trying to get a good deal and hoping it's from Alamo!!!! :rotfl2:

gymstx
04-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Bump :)

TamaraQT
04-10-2012, 06:44 AM
I am still looking too....no huge price drops yet...

Shelly F - Ohio
04-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Tamara don't worry yourself sick. The prices will come down. You have a lot of time between now and then and it will wear on you.

In the mean time have you signed up for Alamo's Insider program? Its free and they offer the Insiders members better discounts than the general public.

TamaraQT
04-11-2012, 08:21 AM
Tamara don't worry yourself sick. The prices will come down. You have a lot of time between now and then and it will wear on you.

In the mean time have you signed up for Alamo's Insider program? Its free and they offer the Insiders members better discounts than the general public.

Thanks Shelly for keeping me grounded about this!!! I am just getting so anxious!!!! I am a member of Alamo Insiders and that does help. I just want to get my car reserved. It's the last thing on my list!!! :rotfl:

TOMAR@SSR
04-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Bumpity Bump Bump !.....W A I T I N G along with you guys as well popcorn::

TamaraQT
04-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Has anyone checked rates lately? I can't do it. As Shelly says, I am going to worry myself sick over this!!! :rotfl2:

kiki02
04-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Has anyone checked rates lately? I can't do it. As Shelly says, I am going to worry myself sick over this!!! :rotfl2:

I have. For end of June and July. Sure aint pretty. :(

Canadian Disney Mom
04-11-2012, 05:53 PM
subbing :)

I two weeks in an economy booked at National from the Car Care Center June 23-July 7 for $344 CAD. Looking for better!

Joy Lammers
04-12-2012, 08:45 AM
I am so glad that I am not the only one that is shocked at the prices. I live in WY and the flights are outrageous also. So disappointing to try to save money when everything is just outrageous. Thanks for all the great info.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
04-12-2012, 01:37 PM
subbing :)

I two weeks in an economy booked at National from the Car Care Center June 23-July 7 for $344 CAD. Looking for better!

Expedia.ca has an economy car for your dates (picking up at the airport, not at the Car Care Center) for $262.79 CDN (includes taxes and fees and unlimited mileage, and because its through Budget, you also get a free additional spousal driver).

A full sized car is $289.30.

I used a noon pick up and noon drop off as the default times. The rate may change somewhat if your times differ. Would be worth running your exact info just to see.

TamaraQT
04-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Expedia.ca has an economy car for your dates (picking up at the airport, not at the Car Care Center) for $262.79 CDN (includes taxes and fees and unlimited mileage, and because its through Budget, you also get a free additional spousal driver).

A full sized car is $289.30.

I used a noon pick up and noon drop off as the default times. The rate may change somewhat if your times differ. Would be worth running your exact info just to see.

When using the Expedia.ca do you have to pay upfront? Is it refundable if you decide to cancel? Has anyone reported back to say if they were successful or unsuccesful when using the Expedia.ca? Please fill me in!!!

Well I plugged in my exact dates and its still over $500!!! :laughing:

Canadian Disney Mom
04-12-2012, 06:01 PM
I think expedia.ca is cancellable but it looks like there are cancellation charges.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
04-12-2012, 07:24 PM
When using the Expedia.ca do you have to pay upfront? Is it refundable if you decide to cancel? Has anyone reported back to say if they were successful or unsuccesful when using the Expedia.ca? Please fill me in!!!

I think expedia.ca is cancellable but it looks like there are cancellation charges.

We held an Expedia rental for our last vacation (January 2012). We originally booked at $162 for the week. Then it went down to $127. I was able to cancel the original reservation and rebook with absolutely no penalty whatsover. They refunded the first price in full to my credit card within 48 hours and rebilled me for the new rate. I got to keep the difference :thumbsup2 .

Then, 10 days out from our trip, Alamo prices dropped like a stone, and I was able to secure a week's rental for $68 all taxes and fees included. Again, I logged onto Expedia.ca and was able to get a full refund with no penalty and AGAIN, I received the super-speedy credit to my credit card within 48 hours. Everything done on line and very simple.

As for the payment, YES you do have to pay the full amount on booking. That works well with my OCD of having everything paid before we leave :banana: .

I have a week's rental for August with Expedia right now on a full-size car for $142 (includes all taxes). Haven't found anything even close when searching the rental companies direct.

Maliki2
04-12-2012, 09:36 PM
I've been trying to get something decent for July and I can't even fine an Economy worth a damn! :confused3

TOMAR@SSR
04-13-2012, 06:58 AM
Just checking in to let everyone know that this morning , most SUV`s at the Alamo site are cheaper then the economy cars right now, however, the rates are still sky high for July....:rolleyes1
Hanging in there in hopes of making a ressie for a decent rate closer to our trip :scared1: (which Ive never had to do before) :sad2: ..
Lets try to hang in there guys, looks like some of us are waiting for the same timeframe !!:grouphug:

gymstx
04-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Still waiting for that great deal to fall out of the sky :worship:
I need July 7th-15th

TamaraQT
04-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Just checking in to let everyone know that this morning , most SUV`s at the Alamo site are cheaper then the economy cars right now, however, the rates are still sky high for July....:rolleyes1
Hanging in there in hopes of making a ressie for a decent rate closer to our trip :scared1: (which Ive never had to do before) :sad2: ..
Lets try to hang in there guys, looks like some of us are waiting for the same timeframe !!:grouphug:

I am not at all surprised at the SUVs being cheaper than economy cars due to the gas prices!!! :rotfl2: Alamo is such a TEASE....but I keep coming back to them!! :laughing: I am with you, I have NEVER had to wait this long. Usually I have some type of ressie with Alamo already and just wait to keep rebooking my ressie for the cheaper rates as they come out. Last year I had a ressie on a standard, a fullsize, a midsize suv, a standard suv and a minivan. We ended up with the minivan. I was considerate of others and cancelled all of those ressies so some inventory would be available. Geez...i thought gas prices being high would make rental rates come down but that sure didnt happen this year!!! :rotfl:

Still waiting for that great deal to fall out of the sky :worship:
I need July 7th-15th

I need 7/18 - 7/28.....this is a difficult waiting game this year. :laughing:

I am really losing my patience. I was on another thread and people on there were talking about their August rental rates. Less than $200 for a full size!!! :eek: I would give anything to see that rate. I would book it in a heartbeat!! Seems like Alamo is really making the July people hold out longer for better rates than any other month. I know its PRIME season, but come on Alamo...cut us a break!!! :sick:

TOMAR@SSR
04-13-2012, 05:33 PM
I am not at all surprised at the SUVs being cheaper than economy cars due to the gas prices!!! :rotfl2: Alamo is such a TEASE....but I keep coming back to them!! :laughing: I am with you, I have NEVER had to wait this long. Usually I have some type of ressie with Alamo already and just wait to keep rebooking my ressie for the cheaper rates as they come out. Last year I had a ressie on a standard, a fullsize, a midsize suv, a standard suv and a minivan. We ended up with the minivan. I was considerate of others and cancelled all of those ressies so some inventory would be available. Geez...i thought gas prices being high would make rental rates come down but that sure didnt happen this year!!! :rotfl:

I need 7/18 - 7/28.....this is a difficult waiting game this year. :laughing:

I am really losing my patience. I was on another thread and people on there were talking about their August rental rates. Less than $200 for a full size!!! :eek: I would give anything to see that rate. I would book it in a heartbeat!! Seems like Alamo is really making the July people hold out longer for better rates than any other month. I know its PRIME season, but come on Alamo...cut us a break!!! :sick:

I just plugged in dates for August and they are up there but not as high as July....Ive always modified , canceled, and rebooked as you do, and honestly, I am starting to think that Alamo just got wise to the constant rebooking when they drop rates, so they decided to only drop them very close to each month`s bookings...:idea: Anyway... thats why I believe that we will get a great rate (like I am reading others have for April, and the beginning of May) about the middle or end of June....I know :scared1: I know:scared1: ...I really hate not having a ressie for our trip already as well :eek:
But.. at least we are all not alone in this waiting game....:upsidedow

Maliki2
04-14-2012, 07:36 AM
I've about given up. I'm looking for July 21st-28th and everything is over $300 for that time regardless of what I book. Thats beyond insane!

Maliki2
04-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Well, just booked a Intermediate through Budget for $244.27 after taxes. I'll live with that and watch to see if prices drop.

Although not bad, I'd like it to come down a little more. I used the Westjet (apparently you don't have to be flying WJ) code from Mousesavers.

I can live with that for now. :scratchin

Happy99
04-16-2012, 12:21 PM
I am on the look out for good rates too. We need a premium size car or an SUV. DH and DD are too tall for an economy car and I don't want to hear them complain the entire time

Normally we don't rent a car since we stay at the deluxe hotels and are fine with the buses but we are adding on a stay on the gulf and staying at OKW for the first time

Trying all the different codes on Mousesavers I have come up with the following. Anyone have any comments as to how good these prices are or should I hope for something better. Prices all include the crazy fees added on for car rentals in Florida

I had seen a great discount code on the cruise board for Avis a few months ago, we weren't planning a vacation then, but of course the search feature is down and it wasn't on the list on Mousesavers. I know the code had a Z in it.

July 22 for an 8 day rental - MCO
Dollar - premium car - $387.03
Budget standard SUV - $415.50
Budget full size - $324.12

guarn3md
04-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Well, just booked a Intermediate through Budget for $244.27 after taxes. I'll live with that and watch to see if prices drop.

Although not bad, I'd like it to come down a little more. I used the Westjet (apparently you don't have to be flying WJ) code from Mousesavers.

I can live with that for now. :scratchin

FYI - I just reserved a car with Budget for a 4 day rental out of Miami airport. I used the above Westjet code from Mousesavers and reserved a compact for $132 - after taxes $190. It was cheaper than anything else I had found... I'm happy for now!!

Thank you for the tip!!

webworm
04-17-2012, 08:56 AM
FYI - I just reserved a car with Budget for a 4 day rental out of Miami airport. I used the above Westjet code from Mousesavers and reserved a compact for $132 - after taxes $190. It was cheaper than anything else I had found... I'm happy for now!!

Thank you for the tip!!

I don't know your dates but you may want to check expedia.ca as well. A compact with Dollar for example from Jul 7 - 11th is $85.83 inc taxes. US residents can book as well and if you cancel you will get a refund within 24hrs.

Maliki2
04-17-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't know your dates but you may want to check expedia.ca as well. A compact with Dollar for example from Jul 7 - 11th is $85.83 inc taxes. US residents can book as well and if you cancel you will get a refund within 24hrs.

Just checked those dates its up already about 30 bucks. I'm starting to wonder if their was a glitch. I checked my dates a few days ago July 21-28th and it was super cheap. Now those dates are over $300!! :confused3

guarn3md
04-17-2012, 11:01 AM

I just checked my dates and sure enough it was approx $85 but it had a C next to the price. How do I go about making this reservation? I am not Canadian and the USD price was not showing nor was it an option. Would love to reserve for this price!

webworm
04-18-2012, 09:19 AM
I just checked my dates and sure enough it was approx $85 but it had a C next to the price. How do I go about making this reservation? I am not Canadian and the USD price was not showing nor was it an option. Would love to reserve for this price!

When you get to the billing screen and enter your credit card info there is an option to select non-Canada billing address. It will show CAN dollars. The CAN & US dollars are both at par right now.

gymstx
04-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Still looking, still waiting....:coffee:

guarn3md
04-20-2012, 01:39 PM
When you get to the billing screen and enter your credit card info there is an option to select non-Canada billing address. It will show CAN dollars. The CAN & US dollars are both at par right now.

I took the leap and booked the car. It was $99 total for a midsize for 4 days. Thanks for the info and advice.

TamaraQT
04-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Still looking, still waiting....:coffee:

me too!! :scared:

Canadian Disney Mom
04-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Prices just dropped for Dollar on expedia.ca! I just booked a Standard car at Dollar pick up at MCO for 15 days June 23-July 8 for $232 including tax (that's in Canadian $s but we are just about at par)!! Once I booked, I clicked on the cancel reservation link to see what the charge would be and it said it would be a full refund. Yay!!!

Still going to keep my eye out though :) My husband wants to pay $190 :)

dancin Disney style
04-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Prices just dropped for Dollar on expedia.ca! I just booked a Standard car at Dollar pick up at MCO for 15 days June 23-July 8 for $232 including tax (that's in Canadian $s but we are just about at par)!! Once I booked, I clicked on the cancel reservation link to see what the charge would be and it said it would be a full refund. Yay!!!

Still going to keep my eye out though :) My husband wants to pay $190 :)

I just looked on expedia and for my 13 day rental....June 30-July 13 it's $196. I think I'm going to book it right now. Only down side is that we would both like to be able to drive.....I'm not willing to pay a fee for that.

Canadian Disney Mom
04-21-2012, 05:32 PM
So, when I got my email confirmation from expedia.ca, the emails said taxes & fees are NOT included. I called expedia & they told me the email is wrong, taxes are definitely included in the price I paid, and gave me a reference number in case I run into issues when I pick up the car. I also called Dollar and they said the rate code on my rental includes taxes. Cross your fingers!

momoftwins
04-21-2012, 06:28 PM
I am flying into Savannah Intl airport for our trip to Disney's Hilton Head resort. When I went to check expedia.ca, it kept coming up blank.

I used code SAV? Does anyone know if there should be another abbreviation?

Thanks all.

dancin Disney style
04-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Does anyone know how it works with regard to using the insurance on my credit card for the car if I book through expedia? I never buy the auto insurance at the counter....I"m covered through my platinum Amex and also on my car policy at home.

I guess my question is am I still covered by my CC if I pay expedia for the rental?

Doug7856
04-21-2012, 08:46 PM
We have been trying to get a mini van for our 15 day trip. The cost has been $1,200+. So I've had a few back up plans.

I was just able to get a mini van from Enterprise for 15 days including taxes and fees for late June for $767. I used the CostcoTravel.com web site for this.

BUT...

We were thinking it may be better to get two cars instead of 1 mini van. My mother-in-law joins us for the second half of the trip so, we now have an Alamo Standard for 15 days at a rate of $415 and a one week full size car from Enterprise for $125. All booked through Costco and all including taxes and fees. Total for both cars: $540. Since we have WDW AP's there is no parking charge and we can take both cars if we need to.

The 15 day with Enterprise would have been about $40 cheaper, but I prefer Alamo.

I'm happy now, but I'll keep watching...

Canadian Disney Mom
04-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Does anyone know how it works with regard to using the insurance on my credit card for the car if I book through expedia? I never buy the auto insurance at the counter....I"m covered through my platinum Amex and also on my car policy at home.

I guess my question is am I still covered by my CC if I pay expedia for the rental?

Yes, it still covers it. Anyone can decline damage waiver, whether they have insurance or not. We always just decline the damage waiver and tell them our Visa covers insurance. They always still try to scare you & upsell you the waiver, but we hold our guns. You just have to sign that you declined.

momto28weeker+1
04-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Last night hot-wire quoted $199 for 9 day full size car rental. Today I tried again and I booked a 9 day, full size car for $166.35 :cool1: with taxes included.

I tried the same dates with slightly different pick up/drop off times and I got it for $12 a day.

kiki02
04-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Last night hot-wire quoted $199 for 9 day full size car rental. Today I tried again and I booked a 9 day, full size car for $166.35 :cool1: with taxes included.

I tried the same dates with slightly different pick up/drop off times and I got it for $12 a day.

WHAt dates?

Maliki2
04-22-2012, 03:22 PM

OMFG...I just booked a FULLSIZE for my dates for $153.07! Thats a car size upgrade as well as $100 savings!!!! :cool1:

Maliki2
04-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Umm go the dollar site. Originally I was booked for 12 mdnight on the 21st. I moved my time to 11:30pm and I just saved another 12 bucks! *** lol :rotfl2:

Maliki2
04-22-2012, 03:43 PM
This is crazy...moved my times up 1/2 hour on pickup and back a hour on dropoff and I'm still at 141.52!!! YES!

July 21-28th!!!

:moped:

disneyeveryyear
04-22-2012, 10:05 PM
I did look at Expedia.ca and could get a "standard" for about $145.00 for 7/13 - 7/23.

I guess the big question is, will DD and I save over $145 + cost of gas eating outside of WDW?

What should I do, what should I do?:confused3

kiki02
04-23-2012, 05:34 AM
I did look at Expedia.ca and could get a "standard" for about $145.00 for 7/13 - 7/23.

I guess the big question is, will DD and I save over $145 + cost of gas eating outside of WDW?

staying for 10 days? that's a long time. I'd need a car. Or a least a car for 4/5 days. IF I was staying on property.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
04-23-2012, 03:50 PM
me too!! :scared:

Hey TamaraQT,

Are your dates still July 18-28? Expedia.ca now has a full size for your dates, unlimited mileage and all taxes/fees included, for $162.54 CDN. The rental is through Dollar. A much better price than you were initially looking at :) .

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
04-23-2012, 03:55 PM

I know we easily save at least $145 on the great items we pick up at the outlet malls. Having a vehicle at your disposal sure increases the shopping possibilities! :thumbsup2

And dining is much, much cheaper offsite......a CiCi's buffet will be $5.99 plus tax, and there are tons of buy one, get one free coupons readily available. And that's just one example. I am certain you would save a considerable amount by eating breakfast and dinner offsite, and just buy lunch at the parks.

momto28weeker+1
04-23-2012, 06:28 PM
WHAt dates?
July 11-19

gymstx
04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Hmm never rented from Hotwire before. Not sure I like not knowing what car company I am getting.... $207.90 for July 7th-15th for a Standard size car is appealing.

Checked Enterprise and got $212.00 for a Standard Size :) Not exactly what I want, but it's getting closer!

TamaraQT
04-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Hey TamaraQT,

Are your dates still July 18-28? Expedia.ca now has a full size for your dates, unlimited mileage and all taxes/fees included, for $162.54 CDN. The rental is through Dollar. A much better price than you were initially looking at :) .

Thanks Gina....I appreciate that, but I am going to pass and trying to hold out for Alamo. The additional driver is important to me and DH since we do a lot of dropping off and coming back to pick up. Not willing to chance not having the additional driver on the rental. If I pay for additional driver, it will add $100 to rental ($10 x 10days). But I appreciate you looking out for me. DH prefers alamo. I had a reservation with Budget and he insisted I let that go. He isn't really crazy about the expedia.ca idea either. He is just a little more cautious than the rest of us!! Nor adventurous at all :laughing:

gymstx
04-24-2012, 03:31 PM
We are pretty partial to Alamo too... just wish the rates would drop. :rolleyes1

TamaraQT
04-24-2012, 06:41 PM
:laughing:We are pretty partial to Alamo too... just wish the rates would drop. :rolleyes1

Well I am holding out for Alamo too. Today my Alamo rates dropped!! :eek:
Instead of a price of $565.30 for a full size vehicle we were quoted $494.01!!! :lmao: So prices are dropping.....slowly....but they are dropping a few pennies a day!! :laughing: I guess in about two more weeks we will hit the $300s and maybe soon after that we will start reserving some reasonable prices in $200s and below. I can't wait to have this behind me. It's the very LAST thing on my vacation planning "to do" list. I am glad I am not alone in waiting for the July rates to drop. :)

lisatx04
04-24-2012, 06:50 PM
I too am waiting for prices to drop. I have been watching airfare and it went up $22 overnight!:scared1:
Now I am looking at car rental as well. Do we need the car, no, but would I like it, yes. What to do, what to do...:rolleyes1

gretchenohar@hotmail
04-24-2012, 07:42 PM

This question is in regards to Expedia.ca:

I'll be renting a car in Port Canaveral and returning it at Orlando Airport. I can't seem to make this happen when trying to enter my info on expedia.ca.

Any advice?

Thanks!

webworm
04-25-2012, 09:39 AM
This question is in regards to Expedia.ca:

I'll be renting a car in Port Canaveral and returning it at Orlando Airport. I can't seem to make this happen when trying to enter my info on expedia.ca.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Looks like the expedia deals are from airport locations only and only if you return to the same location as pickup as well.

gretchenohar@hotmail
04-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Oh. Thanks!
Maybe I'll try some finagling to see what I can come up with. Maybe take a town car to Orlando and rent a car once we get there and see how it goes...

gymstx
04-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Booked a Standard size car from Enterprise for July 7-15th for $158.55
Fullsize is $200.00 for our dates as well :banana:

cjsmoma
04-27-2012, 12:01 PM
I just got a oneway rental from Alamo MCO 7/22-7/29 returned to tampa airport for $184 tax & fees include. Best i've found thus far....previously running $380+ :rotfl:

jadejazzkayla
04-27-2012, 12:16 PM

$220- 1 week - Enterprise-standard size - no codes or coupons at mco. june 28 (noon) july 5 (noon).

Car and Rate Information:
Ford Fusion or similar
$158.73 - car
$60.68 - fees
=======
Total Charges $219.41

TamaraQT
04-27-2012, 02:29 PM

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I got the Enterprise deal too!!!! They allow a spouse as an additional driver at no charge!!! And with my BJs membership I got a couple of bucks off !! I reserved a Standard size (Ford Fusion) 7/18(9am) - 7/28(9am)...total with taxes and fees.....$187.23. With BJs membership discount, I will get free upgrade to Full-Size Impala if they have some available when I pick-up.

Another thing I noticed, I can use my Debit Card and that will make DH very
happy!!!! :laughing: The less credit used, the better in his opinion :rolleyes:
I am still holding out for a deal from Alamo since they allow to avoid the counter
with the KIOSK. But if it doesn't happen, I am VERY satisfied with Enterprise!!!

:woohoo: THANK YOU GYMSTX FOR SHARING THE INFO!!!!! :woohoo:

gymstx
04-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Noticed today full size at Enterprise went down for my dates to $172.83 :love:

TamaraQT
04-27-2012, 02:46 PM
HOLD ON !!!!!!!!! I just tried Alamo with my BJs membership info. :scared1:

I got a FULL-SIZE CHEVY IMPALA from 7/18 - 7/28 for $139.13 !!!! :scared1:

Subtotal $82.84
+ Tax $56.29
Total $ 139.13 !!!!!

I reserved it and keep staring at the screen to let it sink in!!! :eek:

gretchenohar@hotmail
04-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Congrats!!!

TamaraQT
04-27-2012, 03:12 PM

Subtotal $82.84
+ Tax $56.29
Total $ 139.13 !!!!!

I still can't believe it.....$139.13!!!! :faint:

gymstx
04-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Wow that's great!

buffettgirl
04-27-2012, 03:48 PM
What codes did you use from BJ's? Any coupons on just the BJ's id?

Happy99
04-27-2012, 05:49 PM
What Enterprise code did everyone use? Are they at the airport or do you have to go offsite?

gymstx
04-27-2012, 07:10 PM
I didn't use any codes for Enterprise and I am picking up at MCO airport

jadejazzkayla
04-27-2012, 09:04 PM
What codes did you use from BJ's? Any coupons on just the BJ's id?

i would like to know too. maybe it is my dates, but I didn't get your price using the bj's corp id. how many days is your res for?

bastraker
04-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Try using the costco discount codes (ID#7015309 and Coupon Code AD8221SDF).

I just booked a car for 12 days for only $185 total with all taxes and fees!

jadejazzkayla
04-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Try using the costco discount codes (ID#7015309 and Coupon Code AD8221ADF).

which rental company?

edit: looks like the company may be alamo. but when I tried the codes..the website gives an error for the coupon code AD8221ADF. is your info for alamo?

bastraker
04-28-2012, 03:41 AM
which rental company?

edit: looks like the company may be alamo. but when I tried the codes..the website gives an error for the coupon code AD8221ADF. is your info for alamo?

Sorry! I had the coupon code wrong, it's AD8221SDF. Try again, I just checked and the same low prices are still coming up. Good luck!

Happy99
04-28-2012, 08:20 AM
I am not having any luck with any of these codes prices are still high for our dates July 22-30, 2012

We do need a SUV or premium car but even the other cars are pricing higher than everyone is posting

Bowen9475
04-28-2012, 08:30 AM
I am not having any luck yet either. We need a minivan starting on July 25 for at least 10 days, preferably for just over two weeks and I am still finding very high rates.

TamaraQT
04-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Here is the coupon info I used:

$40 Off Any Car, SUV, Minivan 10 day minimum
ID# 7014696
Coupon # AD8Z21SDB

It appears the low rates are on the economy, compact, midsize, standard and fullsize. They are the only ones showing rates between $116 - $140 per week. The SUV, minivans and crossover rates are still in the $500 range. So if you dont really need the SUV then I would say book fullsize before the rates go up so you will have something instead of nothing. After all, the SUV may provide more cargo space, but it still only holds 5 people just as a fullsize car.

bastraker
04-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Try using the costco discount codes (ID#7015309 and Coupon Code AD8221SDF).

My price dropped again - it's now $150!!!!!

Happy99
04-28-2012, 05:02 PM
Here is the coupon info I used:

$40 Off Any Car, SUV, Minivan 10 day minimum
ID# 7014696
Coupon # AD8Z21SDB

It appears the low rates are on the economy, compact, midsize, standard and fullsize. They are the only ones showing rates between $116 - $140 per week. The SUV, minivans and crossover rates are still in the $500 range. So if you dont really need the SUV then I would say book fullsize before the rates go up so you will have something instead of nothing. After all, the SUV may provide more cargo space, but it still only holds 5 people just as a fullsize car.

Coupon doesn't work for an 8 day rental. Without coupon all rates are $400 and up in all categories. Thanks for sharing though, hopefully it will help someone else

Canadian Disney Mom
04-28-2012, 05:46 PM
Do you have to be a BJs member to use their coupon?

Canadian Disney Mom
04-28-2012, 06:13 PM
I just changed my reservation AGAIN. I booked with Alamo & used the Costco ID with coupon AD2359FDF. I am down to $205 CAD for June 23-July 8 in a standard. I cancelled the ressie I had booked through Expedia @ Dollar for $232.

snowangel72
04-28-2012, 06:30 PM
These Expedia.ca deals are INCREDIBLE!!!!! I have a van booked for $500 right now but instead I can get one full size car for $160 and one compact for $140 for TEN DAYS! That is insane!!!!! Two cars are cheaper than one van. My friend got a compact for 7 days for $99. wow.

TikiGoddess07
04-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I just booked with Alamo -- July 16-26, full size, for a total of $163. I used the Insiders code and the AA $35 off coupon. Awesome!

Kathy

gymstx
04-28-2012, 09:45 PM
I just booked with Alamo -- July 16-26, full size, for a total of $163. I used the Insiders code and the AA $35 off coupon. Awesome!

Kathy

That's awesome, I tried my dates, didn't work... but way to go!

Maliki2
04-29-2012, 03:11 AM

Yeah happens. Not working for me either. Not sure what is up with that. I have tried right after people posting and my rates have been horrible.

I'm sticking with my $125 reservations at the moment. Much better than the 300-500 that is listed now!

Maliki2
04-29-2012, 03:20 AM

Kathy

I just tried to book 21st-28th and I got a nice price of $383 for a Economy! :rotfl2:

Anyone know if there is a difference between Mid-Size and Intermediate?!? I have two reservations from two companies that list them differently or are they the same?!?

kiki02
04-29-2012, 06:04 AM
I just tried to book 21st-28th and I got a nice price of $383 for a Economy! :rotfl2:

Anyone know if there is a difference between Mid-Size and Intermediate?!? I have two reservations from two companies that list them differently or are they the same?!?

The posted Alamo codes on this thread aren't working. Does anyone know the exact coupon and id codes? thanks

TamaraQT
04-29-2012, 09:19 AM

I just put in your dates(7/16 - 7/26) with a 9am pickup and 9am return. I used the costco codes ID#7015309 coupon code AD2359FDF and I got the low rates too. A full size would be $138.93 (.20 less than my rate $139.13)

Then I tried the BJs codes: ID# 7014696 coupon code AD8Z21SDB same dates and times. A full size would be $141.18 (that is $2.05 more than my rate $139.13...i dont know why...but its still a GREAT deal)

Try it again and see. I think you may have mistyped something. Not unless the pickup times is what makes the difference. I put in 9am pickup and return. GOOD LUCK!!!

kiki02
04-29-2012, 12:02 PM
I just put in your dates(7/16 - 7/26) with a 9am pickup and 9am return. I used the costco codes ID#7015309 coupon code AD2359FDF and I got the low rates too. A full size would be $138.93 (.20 less than my rate $139.13)

Then I tried the BJs codes: ID# 7014696 coupon code AD8Z21SDB same dates and times. A full size would be $141.18 (that is $2.05 more than my rate $139.13...i dont know why...but its still a GREAT deal)

Try it again and see. I think you may have mistyped something. Not unless the pickup times is what makes the difference. I put in 9am pickup and return. GOOD LUCK!!!

AGAIN, WE NEED TO Show the costco member card at pickup for Alamo. If you type in the codes , a pop states this.

Bronte
04-29-2012, 03:37 PM
We are thinking about getting a car for our trip (July 20-30)
We would like to pick up at the airport and drop off at the airport.
We like National but am willing to try anything at the airport if its under $250.

Any Suggestions ???

Bowen9475
04-29-2012, 04:11 PM
We like National but am willing to try anything at the airport if its under $250.

Any Suggestions ???

A couple of suggestions: Using Alamo for your dates with no codes and coupons, you can get a fullsize for $213. If you have any codes or coupons you may be able to get a lower rate. Using Dollar's city special pop-up you can get a fullsize for just under $200. Both Alamo and Dollar are at the airport. Good luck!

TamaraQT
04-30-2012, 08:06 AM
AGAIN, WE NEED TO Show the costco member card at pickup for Alamo. If you type in the codes , a pop states this.

I have found that many people on here have EITHER a Costco membership or BJs membership. If you DO NOT have either one, then you are using the codes at your own risk. Sometimes you are asked for the coupon or proof of membership, and sometimes you are not. I have used COSTCO discount in the past without having a membership. It was a chance I took. I was never asked for coupon or proof of membership. HOWEVER, I do have a BJs membership and that is what I booked with. So my suggestion to you would be book using the codes while you are getting the great rates, then join either BJs or Costco. If you use a coupon you CAN NOT do online check-in, but you can still use the kiosk. Good luck!

webworm
04-30-2012, 09:18 AM

Any Suggestions ???

A full size on expedia.ca with Dollar is $160 inc taxes.

webworm
04-30-2012, 09:23 AM

Expedia.ca - economy $96, compact $99, midsize $102, fullsize $113. All rates include taxes with Dollar.

TamaraQT
04-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Expedia.ca - economy $96, compact $99, midsize $102, fullsize $113. All rates include taxes with Dollar.

The fullsize rate $113 for dollar is great!! I am not a fan of Dollar or Thrifty. Besides, having to pay the $10 for extra driver would cost me an additional $100 (10 days @ $10/day) so that would be $213 for me, so that wouldnt work since my alamo rate is lower and includes the driver. But there is a code in the visit orlando book (Orlando Magic Card) for Dollar rentals. That may provide additonal savings. I may as well forget Dollar low rates, DH loves the deal we got thru Alamo and ALAMO seems to be all he knows!!!

TamaraQT
04-30-2012, 12:00 PM
I ran rates today and looks like all the low rates are back up again. :(
I hope they come back around soon so everyone can get some good deals!!

funcinderella
04-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Just now (2 pm Eastern time) booked Alalmo for July 9-18, a full nine days, booked a midsize using entertainment id and $20 off coupon, and my rate was 133 (an economy was 126) and I believe a full size was only about $10 more than mid size. These prices were including tax/fees. (The base weekly rate was like $86.) I'm pumped!!

gymstx
04-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Congrats! I tried July 7-15th and the rates were still super high :(

Bronte
04-30-2012, 08:01 PM
I got $163 for my dates (July 20-30) pick up/drop off at Mco for a full size through Alamo !!
Using the costco code/coupon. (we do have a membership)
If an upgrade coupon comes up can I add it ???

MomtoMMKO
04-30-2012, 08:19 PM
We are going to Disneyland July 1 - 10 flying into LAX. We need a minivan because there are 7 of us. I try to check at least twice a day and the least expensive I have found is with the KLM code for $466.95. I am hoping for lower rates soon.:goodvibes

fflmaster
04-30-2012, 10:54 PM

Can someone tell/show me how to type this in the costco travel website.

I have a membership, but can't seem to figure out where to put the codes

gretchenohar@hotmail
05-01-2012, 05:17 AM
We are going to Disneyland July 1 - 10 flying into LAX. We need a minivan because there are 7 of us. I try to check at least twice a day and the least expensive I have found is with the KLM code for $466.95. I am hoping for lower rates soon.:goodvibes

Where will you put your luggage?
I only ask because there will be 8 of us - & for the life of me I can't figure out how we'll be able to fit the luggage unless we rent 2 large cars or one very large (14 passenger) van....

shoppgirl
05-01-2012, 06:32 PM
I only ask because there will be 8 of us - & for the life of me I can't figure out how we'll be able to fit the luggage unless we rent 2 large cars or one very large (14 passenger) van....

Last time we had 8 passengers and 8 pieces of luggage, we had to rent a large SUV...think extended suburban...to transport everything and everyone. Budget has these premium SUVs that fit 8 plus luggage, with a good code, you can find a deal. This summer, we have 7 passengers and luggage and we are renting a Premium SUV from Dollar at MCO. These fit only 7, but some rentals places have the 8 passenger SUV.

Doug7856
05-01-2012, 08:08 PM

Two cars can also give you a great deal of flexibility with such a large group. I was originally looking for a minivan for our group but the high cost was getting to me. My wife suggested two cars. So we have full size for 15 days at $257 through Alamo. The second car is only for 7 days and is a full size from Enterprise for $124. All include taxes and fees through Costco.

When my wife's mother arrives for the second half of our trip we'll have two cars. The laddies can go shopping and I'll take the boys to the parks. Great flexibility and a pretty good price too.

MomtoMMKO
05-01-2012, 09:23 PM

I think we will be okay with a van and the luggage unless a large SUV comes down in price. I did think about renting 2 vehicles but with all the traveling we hope to do I think it would end up costing more in the end.

I did receive a National coupon code today for $35.00:
Plan your next trip with National and save $35 off your weekly rental. This exclusive offer is valid when you rent a Compact through Luxury car, Minivan or SUV. Offer valid for rentals staring by September 15th. It is coupon code ND8578ADT.
The KLM code plus the coupon takes the price down to $423.46

poochie
05-02-2012, 05:11 AM
Booked a car thru Alamo for our trip to Ocean City Md. July 14 thru July 23. Mid size is $356.00 after my insider rate and Visa code we can take $50 off. The addional taxes added, it is $389.74. Ouch :faint:

I hope the rates go down. This is pretty steep for just a Mid size.

gymstx
05-04-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm glad I booked when I did... Enterprise prices have gone way up now! I'm still hoping for a bigger car but I'll manage with a standard size.

TamaraQT
05-05-2012, 04:36 AM
I'm glad I booked when I did... Enterprise prices have gone way up now! I'm still hoping for a bigger car but I'll manage with a standard size.

I'm glad I booked too. I noticed that prices have gone back up too. I hope you can find a bigger car the closer you get. I had your dates confused with someone else's. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have your dates for 7/7 to 7/15. I will keep an eye open for a good deal on a larger car at Enterprise or Alamo....but you know I prefer Alamo!!! :love: ::yes::

gymstx
05-05-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm glad I booked too. I noticed that prices have gone back up too. I hope you can find a bigger car the closer you get. I had your dates confused with someone else's. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have your dates for 7/7 to 7/15. I will keep an eye open for a good deal on a larger car at Enterprise or Alamo....but you know I prefer Alamo!!! :love: ::yes::

Thank you :) Yes I prefer Alamo too... but never found a deal for my dates. Oh and yes those are my dates, you are good!

Joan S.
05-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi, I am also looking for a GOOD price from the Sarasota airport in July (7-18th)from ALAMO. Right now I can get an SUV for about $560. PRETTY high :eek: But I will KEEP checking and hopefully prices WILL come down. :) Just last week I got what I think will be my lowest price for my May trip (MCO 20-24) 5 day rental $112. for a full size car. (used Alamo insiders and a double upgrade coupon) :thumbsup2 Joan

gretchenohar@hotmail
05-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Last time we had 8 passengers and 8 pieces of luggage, we had to rent a large SUV...think extended suburban...to transport everything and everyone. Budget has these premium SUVs that fit 8 plus luggage, with a good code, you can find a deal. This summer, we have 7 passengers and luggage and we are renting a Premium SUV from Dollar at MCO. These fit only 7, but some rentals places have the 8 passenger SUV.

Two cars can also give you a great deal of flexibility with such a large group. I was originally looking for a minivan for our group but the high cost was getting to me. My wife suggested two cars. So we have full size for 15 days at $257 through Alamo. The second car is only for 7 days and is a full size from Enterprise for $124. All include taxes and fees through Costco.

When my wife's mother arrives for the second half of our trip we'll have two cars. The laddies can go shopping and I'll take the boys to the parks. Great flexibility and a pretty good price too.

I think we will be okay with a van and the luggage unless a large SUV comes down in price. I did think about renting 2 vehicles but with all the traveling we hope to do I think it would end up costing more in the end.

I did receive a National coupon code today for $35.00:
Plan your next trip with National and save $35 off your weekly rental. This exclusive offer is valid when you rent a Compact through Luxury car, Minivan or SUV. Offer valid for rentals staring by September 15th. It is coupon code ND8578ADT.
The KLM code plus the coupon takes the price down to $423.46

Thank you all for the tips. This is my first time I've ever rented a car and this thread has been invaluable!:flower3:

eeyorepixie
05-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Is 405. for a minivan for 10 days a good price? I have read that I should wait until 2 months before this would be mid june.

Can experienced August renters speak to this?

If the price is lowered and you have already booked your rental, can you rebook your deal if it is from the same place?

This is my first time renting.

TamaraQT
05-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Is 405. for a minivan for 10 days a good price? I have read that I should wait until 2 months before this would be mid june.

If the price is lowered and you have already booked your rental, can you rebook your deal if it is from the same place?

$405 is high for a 10day minivan rental in my opinion. Last year I traveled 10 days from Aug 24 to Sep 3rd, and my minivan rental was $253 with taxes and fees. Rates are bound to drop again. Just look everyday and a few times a day if possible. And YES, you can rebook your deal each time rates drop. So as soon as you see something in the $300 range, I would book just to be sure you have something. Then I would check rates everyday and just rebook as rates drop.

floridascgirl
05-08-2012, 12:22 PM
I sure hope mine comes down. My Alamo rate is $940 for a mid size SUV July 10-19 in Wyoming. :furious: This is by far the best I've found and I've priced using AAA, Costco, and various company member codes. My fingers are crossed for some discount coupons to come out soon, soon, soon!!!!

njmomtoone
05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
$405 is high for a 10day minivan rental in my opinion. Last year I traveled 10 days from Aug 24 to Sep 3rd, and my minivan rental was $253 with taxes and fees. Rates are bound to drop again. Just look everyday and a few times a day if possible. And YES, you can rebook your deal each time rates drop. So as soon as you see something in the $300 range, I would book just to be sure you have something. Then I would check rates everyday and just rebook as rates drop.

I would be thrilled with $405. Right now, the cheapest I an find out of Tampa 8/18 to 9/1 for a mini van is $619.

njmomtoone
05-08-2012, 12:56 PM

What company is it with? I need a van 8/18 to 9/1 ou tof Tampa and the lowest I can find is $619.

eeyorepixie
05-08-2012, 05:02 PM
What company is it with? I need a van 8/18 to 9/1 ou tof Tampa and the lowest I can find is $619.

I ended up booking National for 516. yesterday. Honestly, I do not remember where I got 405??? My head is spinning with all the codes...it is like you need a PHD to rent a car with a deal.
I would guess it was Budget, but obviously it was not that price when I booked yesterday.

My goal is to get a minivan for 350. or under that way I can figure in the cost to park in Disney for 500. ( we are doing 10 park days) I have a budget of 500 for car, so if I could do this I would be very happy.

I used the KLM code that is on the other thread, Emeral Reserve if that means anything to you.:confused3

I have now spoke to a few vets, they said there should be deals the closer we get, but the planner in me always needs a contingency plan and since this is my first time not staying on site...I do not want ANY ugly surprises.

We are so used of being Disney Cattle being usshered onto ME and never leaving...so change is hard and scairy but the budget is the budget and Disney just has not given a deal that makes affordable to stay on site and eat.

So I am going kicking and grumbling into change because we really do need to be able to eat on vacation:rolleyes1

gymstx
05-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Still watching....

Joy
05-23-2012, 10:25 AM
My goal is to get a minivan for 350. or under that way I can figure in the cost to park in Disney for 500. ( we are doing 10 park days) I have a budget of 500 for car, so if I could do this I would be very happy.

You might want to look into buying one AP. You get free parking with an AP. Plus you save 10% on purchases made in the gift shops. I looked at the numbers (not including tax) and it would be $228 more for an AP than a 10 day ticket and only $173 more for an AP than a 10 day Park Hopper ticket. 10 days of parking is $140. The 10% discount adds up fast for us. You may even get discounts at a few sit down places at lunch time.

trish4bruce
05-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Booked a standard SUV July 1-8 through Budget for $299 using bcd code X474200 and coupon code MUWZ023 which has a $30 value and is not reflected in the above price. Pick up is at Sanford airport.

petunia
05-24-2012, 05:54 PM
When booking through Budget must you put your cc info in? This is the only company I've noticed that you have to...I got a good rate, but I don't want to put my cc in, in case something better comes up with a different company...

Shelly F - Ohio
05-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Whoa you guys are looking for car too early. Looking this far out is going to result in some heart stopping rates. Take a look at the May rental thread. Those folks started that board in Jan and were quoted high rates. Now that its time for their trip the rates have droped to just $100 for a weekly rental of mid size car. I never book my car until 7-10 before my trip and the last three trips I took to WDW I did not pay more that $90. for a weekly mid size

So before you start budgeting $500 for a rental car wait the rates will drop trust me.

gretchenohar@hotmail
05-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Whoa you guys are looking for car too early. Looking this far out is going to result in some heart stopping rates. Take a look at the May rental thread. Those folks started that board in Jan and were quoted high rates. Now that its time for their trip the rates have droped to just $100 for a weekly rental of mid size car. I never book my car until 7-10 before my trip and the last three trips I took to WDW I did not pay more that $90. for a weekly mid size

So before you start budgeting $500 for a rental car wait the rates will drop trust me.

That's good to know - thanks!

Do you still use coupon codes?

Do you prefer some sites over others?

Never rented a vehicle before....

wed100105
06-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Anyone having luck getting some good price drops? I found that Alamo had dropped since I last checked. I found $304 for a standard for July 22 through August 2 at SFB using the 299851 Vroom code and AU4234FDA (double upgrade). Hope this helps!

I'm still hoping for lower, but am going to be somewhat satisfied with this.

pigletto
06-01-2012, 09:27 PM

Totally agree.. these rates will come down. Don't even consider 500.

caroli
06-01-2012, 09:32 PM
How much for day for a compact car in July? Is 25$ a fair price or is it too expensive?

TamaraQT
06-02-2012, 03:29 AM

Subtotal $82.84
+ Tax $56.29
Total $ 139.13 !!!!!

Good advice Shelly, but sometimes rates drop very low a few months before travel dates too. Look at the previous posts of the deals some of us got at the end of April. Sometimes it's a timing issue. However, based on your advice, I still plan to check my rates again 7-10 days before my trip ;)

How much for day for a compact car in July? Is 25$ a fair price or is it too expensive?

Considering my rate was about $13 a day for a full size, I would say that is a little high for a compact. However, if you are comfortable with it, and the quote is directly from alamo or such, I would reserve it just to ease your mind that you have something affordable. Then keep checking the rates, when they drop, rebook and cancel the old ones. If its thru hotwire or priceline, I think you have to pay upfront and its nonrefundable. Double check their cancellation policy before you commit.

Maliki2
06-02-2012, 02:59 PM
All I know that my dates for the 21st-28th for $125 is looking damn good at this point. I have two reservations with two companies with a 5 dollar difference and this if for a Intermediate car.

Looking at prices now, scare the crap out of me!

gretchenohar@hotmail
06-02-2012, 07:18 PM
I know this question has been addressed, but I can't find it with the search feature...

I just signed up for the Alamo Insider's Club. It's my understanding that as a member I can add an additional driver at no cost. In this case it would be my husband. My question is: can I still do the on-line check-in and just have him show his license after we pick up the car, or do we have to use the counter in the airport?

As I said, I know this has been discussed before, but I wasn't paying much attention at the time, because I hadn't yet decided to go with Alamo.

TIA!

fflmaster
06-02-2012, 09:37 PM

How do you put in the codes for costco?

I am in costco travel and all the way to pay screen and can't find the spot to put any coupon codes

cindala
06-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Well, my car rental rate went down substantially yesterday!
I was booked through Dollar paying about $150 for a full size car the week of 6/30-7/7. Then I decided to try a few other codes out at Alamo.
The best one is the discount code when using your Visa Card. My rate went down to $104 for a full size car!!!!!! That includes all taxes and fees, and includes an extra driver.
Doing the happy dance!!!:banana:

floridascgirl
06-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Totally agree.. these rates will come down. Don't even consider 500.

I would give anything for a rate of $500.

Our BEST rate is still $960 for a compact SUV July 10-19 in Wyoming...$615 off airport. Any codes that I'm finding are only good on rentals through 6/23. :sad2:

bzzelady
06-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Joining the thread...these prices I am seeing are outrageous :(

gretchenohar@hotmail
06-03-2012, 02:00 PM
How do you put in the codes for costco?

I am in costco travel and all the way to pay screen and can't find the spot to put any coupon codes

If you go to the Costco car rental site and start at the begininning, you will find a button at the top for Costco Low Price Finder. They'll enter any codes you're eligible for. It will say something like this:

Low Price Finder
Let Costco Travel find the best rates for your car rental!
Enter your criteria and we’ll find the best offer.

CookieDiva
06-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Getting a little discouraged. Usually I have no problem finding a decent rate for a rental car.
Our travel dates are July 10-18.
There are 5 adults, and with our luggage, we usually use a minivan or larger SUV.
We are not members of Costco or BJs. We are Sam's members, but have never found a good rate from them.
We have the Entertainment Book.
Would love to find something under $300 or so.
Can anyone help?

dancin Disney style
06-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Getting a little discouraged. Usually I have no problem finding a decent rate for a rental car.
Our travel dates are July 10-18.
There are 5 adults, and with our luggage, we usually use a minivan or larger SUV.
We are not members of Costco or BJs. We are Sam's members, but have never found a good rate from them.
We have the Entertainment Book.
Would love to find something under $300 or so.
Can anyone help?

I think you're still a bit early to find a deal. Don't stop looking though. I just booked for June 30-July13 and got a fantastic deal.....booked it just on Friday night. In my experience the prices don't come down until about 2 weeks before arrival so for me to find the price I got seems to be a fluke.

You can use the AAadvantage coupon...you should join to legitimately use the coupon, it's free. The coupon is AD2359FDF...it will get you $35 off.

momberry
06-04-2012, 09:07 AM
What is the AAadvantage ???

dancin Disney style
06-04-2012, 09:28 AM
What is the AAadvantage ???

American airlines frequent flyer program

momberry
06-04-2012, 09:41 AM

Ahhh....yes,....thanks! (Coffee hasn't kicked in yet!)

caroli
06-04-2012, 10:33 AM
so, for July 15th-27th is it too early to find a good rate? is it better to wait?

poochie
06-06-2012, 07:05 AM
My trip is July 14 thru July 23. Lousy rates at this point . Prior to discounts the rate is $342.00 for midsize. When do you figure they will drop? It has been this rate for a long time. :confused3

dancin Disney style
06-06-2012, 07:22 AM
My trip is July 14 thru July 23. Lousy rates at this point . Prior to discounts the rate is $342.00 for midsize. When do you figure they will drop? It has been this rate for a long time. :confused3

I'm now traveling on June 30th....rates were over $700 for months. Then a few weeks ago there was a little movement but nothing really to bother with. Last Thursday the rates dropped down to in the $150's (I'm renting for 2 weeks). I got mine for $159 total, got my friend a 10 day for $140 total and another friend got a 7 day for $90 total .....mine a mid size and both friends got full size.

Generally, the rates drop about 2 weeks before arrival. So this was a really great deal. I will continue to watch over the next 2 weeks to see what happens but I sort of doubt that I will do better....this trumps my previous best ever deal.

BTW, the rates have continued to hold at roughly the same price since I booked.

jadejazzkayla
06-06-2012, 08:37 AM
so, for July 15th-27th is it too early to find a good rate? is it better to wait?

Alamo pick-up and return MCO. 28 june-5 july (7days) - I'm using I.D. / Corp. I.D. = 7015309 (from costco website) and Coupon Code = ad2359fdf (ecoupon $35 dollar off 1 week rental via american airlines advantage website)

the middle of april my full-size rate was $120 (including taxes)
checked at the end of may - rate went to $90
checked last night - rate went to $76

it is anyone's guess as to when and how alamo chooses their rates. one would need to check constantly to ensure their lowest rate.

gymstx
06-10-2012, 11:53 AM
July 7th-15th
Intermediate SUV through Enterprise $152.27, $240.20 total. Not bad if anyone is looking for this. :)
Dropped again, Intermediate SUV through Enterprise $140.00, $223.78 total

minniemomof3
06-10-2012, 09:07 PM
I got $355.32 for July 7 - 20 for intermediate SUV with Enterprise. The last page before booking says additional charges may apply. Does anyone know what else I would be charged for?

dancin Disney style
06-11-2012, 07:13 AM
I got $355.32 for July 7 - 20 for intermediate SUV with Enterprise. The last page before booking says additional charges may apply. Does anyone know what else I would be charged for?

Usually, that refers to extra options like a GPS or toll transponder. It can also refer to the gas option.

poochie
06-12-2012, 05:24 AM
If I take advantage of the free upgrade with my Alamo insiders#, I cannot use the AAdvantage coupon code?

That code is worth $35 and would hate to not use this. Anyone have luck stacking codes?:confused:

Canadian Disney Mom
06-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Just changed my ressie AGAIN. I booked on Costco.com using their low fare finder. Got a Full-Size through Budget from MCO. June 23 @ 10:30 AM to July 8 @ 7AM. total with tax is $202!

aubeone
06-12-2012, 07:32 PM
July 6 to 13...rates for compact car are well over $300 for the week! :mad:

What is going on?

caroli
06-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Still trying to find a good rate:sad2:

webworm
06-13-2012, 01:17 PM
July 6 to 13...rates for compact car are well over $300 for the week! :mad:

What is going on?

Try Budget using BCD x474200 (travelocity code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Total for compact inc taxes is $237 after coupon is applied when return vehicle.

caroli
06-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Try Budget using BCD x474200 (travelocity code) and E-Coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Total for compact inc taxes is $237 after coupon is applied when return vehicle.

Hi

I'm looking for a compact from July 15th to 27th. I tried with those 2 codes and the total is $ 536.90. Isn't it too expensive? What do you think?:surfweb:

webworm
06-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi

I'm looking for a compact from July 15th to 27th. I tried with those 2 codes and the total is $ 536.90. Isn't it too expensive? What do you think?:surfweb:

I agree rates are too high. Usually the best rates are 1 - 2 weeks prior to your actual dates.

gretchenohar@hotmail
06-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Hi

That's ridiculously high, caroli!

We went thru Alamo's Insiders Club with a Costco Code for June 29 - July 6 and have a full size car for $100.38. (Booked on 6/6/12 and that price includes all taxes & fees.

My daughter booked at full size for the same dates thru Alamo's Insider's Club (without the Costco code, but using the Alamo "find the best price button" and her total is $121.93 (booked 6/2/12).

Keep checking these boards for deals and coupon codes, and sign up for all the rental company's "insider" rates. It's free to join.

I never rented a car before - and when I first started looking I didn't know what a good vs bad price was. I was looking at Full Size Vans because we are a family of 8, but thru this forum was advised that 2 full size cars would be much cheaper (& save gas as well). The dissers were right - the best price I could get the van for was over $800. 2 full size cars are just about $230...

So keep looking, and good luck!

caroli
06-13-2012, 08:00 PM

We went thru Alamo's Insiders Club with a Costco Code for June 29 - July 6 and have a full size car for $100.38. (Booked on 6/6/12 and that price includes all taxes & fees.

My daughter booked at full size for the same dates thru Alamo's Insider's Club (without the Costco code, but using the Alamo "find the best price button" and her total is $121.93 (booked 6/2/12).

Keep checking these boards for deals and coupon codes, and sign up for all the rental company's "insider" rates. It's free to join.

I never rented a car before - and when I first started looking I didn't know what a good vs bad price was. I was looking at Full Size Vans because we are a family of 8, but thru this forum was advised that 2 full size cars would be much cheaper (& save gas as well). The dissers were right - the best price I could get the van for was over $800. 2 full size cars are just about $230...

I thought so! Thanks! I'll keep waiting:drive:

Brit_Jude
06-13-2012, 08:24 PM
We need a vehicle for 17 - 31 Jul but the rates I can find are terrible. I hate having to leave it till two weeks before :crazy2:

There will be 5 of us 3 adults and two 17 year olds so we need a larger vehicle.

I hope something comes up soon.......

Bowen9475
06-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Has anyone gotten any good rates yet for later in July? We are looking for a minivan from July 25-August 10 and the rates are still terrible. I have been watching for a few months and weeks back when I would check earlier dates for comparison the rates were much better than I am seeing now. Even now when I check last minute prices for the next couple of weeks the rates are very high. I am starting to get nervous. We would really like to go through Alamo because we are Insiders and like the idea of the free second driver.

aubeone
06-16-2012, 10:07 AM

Do I need an actualy coupon...the reservation says discount applied at checkout or something like that?

poochie
06-16-2012, 01:43 PM

What find best price button??? I do not see this button.

Brit_Jude
06-16-2012, 02:35 PM
I just got a mini van for two weeks 17 - 21 Jul for $450 before taxes ($225 a week) with Budget. Used BCD Code X474200. This is the best I have been able to get so far. Anything else I have seen is over $800 for the same time period for any vehile that will hold 5 people.

Still hoping for a better rate but booked this just in case. I'll cancel if the rate lowers or I find something better with another company.

gretchenohar@hotmail
06-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Sorry poochie - I posted that wrong...

should have said to go thru the Costco site and use the Alamo Isiders coupon(AD8221SDF)! You will find the "let Costco find the best price button" on the Costco site when you click on "rental cars". Sorry for the confusion...

One more thing: once you book, you will have to keep checking back. Costco won't automatically keep checking for you.

webworm
06-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Do I need an actualy coupon...the reservation says discount applied at checkout or something like that?

E-Coupon no paper required.

Maliki2
06-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Still holding onto both of my $125 rentals at the moment. Not sure how I got them but I did!
:banana:

poochie
06-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Well my pricing for July 13th thru July 23rd is at least down to $352.94 from $389.74. Baby steps. Hoping for big drop within the next 2 weeks. leaving in under a month now. This is only for a midsize. Hoping for standard for more luggage room. It is only for myself, DH and my 6yr grandaughter. Been stalking the rental site daily both morning and nights for the past couple of weeks now. :surfweb:

Maliki2
06-17-2012, 11:09 AM
:confused3:Well my pricing for July 13th thru July 23rd is at least down to $352.94 from $389.74. Baby steps. Hoping for big drop within the next 2 weeks. leaving in under a month now. This is only for a midsize. Hoping for standard for more luggage room. It is only for myself, DH and my 6yr grandaughter. Been stalking the rental site daily both morning and nights for the past couple of weeks now. :surfweb:

No clue how I got a $125 medium at the time you were going but we did...no clue.

:confused3:

Keep looking!

a1tinkfans
06-17-2012, 01:42 PM
car rental searching
:sick: :eek:
:laundry: Id rather be doing this instead of this search , and I dont even like it :rotfl:

poochie
06-17-2012, 05:21 PM

No clue how I got a $125 medium at the time you were going but we did...no clue.

Keep looking!

Thru Alamo????

Did you use coupons or codes?

TamaraQT
06-18-2012, 04:05 PM
OMG!!! I would have thought the rates at Alamo would have dropped back down by now!!! :eek: Although I have my rental reserved, I am still worried about the rest of you traveling in July and still looking for a good rate. I am watching as often as I can for you. I have no idea what is going on. Gas prices have dropped so I would have thought rentals rates would drop too...oh dear, this is NOT looking good!!! :sad2: :sick:

gymstx
06-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Sooo glad I have my reservations, even though they are for a standard size car, $158 sounds good to me! Still holding on hope though for a full size car... but if it doesn't happen, oh well :rolleyes1

TamaraQT
06-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Sooo glad I have my reservations, even though they are for a standard size car, $158 sounds good to me! Still holding on hope though for a full size car... but if it doesn't happen, oh well :rolleyes1

I think you should have grabbed the $173 deal for the full-size at Enterprise. But I think the $158 standard (Ford Fusion) is a good deal too. I haven't seen the prices drop lower than that week we booked our deal. But I do plan to check up until the very last minute. And I mean that literally. We have to be at the airport at 4am on 7/18...I will put my laptop away at 3am right after I check for a last minute deal...if it comes in under $139 then I will definitely book it. :laughing:

caroli
06-18-2012, 09:00 PM
OMG!!! I would have thought the rates at Alamo would have dropped back down by now!!! :eek: Although I have my rental reserved, I am still worried about the rest of you traveling in July and still looking for a good rate. I am watching as often as I can for you. I have no idea what is going on. Gas prices have dropped so I would have thought rentals rates would drop too...oh dear, this is NOT looking good!!! :sad2: :sick:

I know!! I'm more than worry at this point:headache:

gymstx
06-18-2012, 09:18 PM
I think you should have grabbed the $173 deal for the full-size at Enterprise. But I think the $158 standard (Ford Fusion) is a good deal too. I haven't seen the prices drop lower than that week we booked our deal. But I do plan to check up until the very last minute. And I mean that literally. We have to be at the airport at 4am on 7/18...I will put my laptop away at 3am right after I check for a last minute deal...if it comes in under $139 then I will definitely book it. :laughing:

I know I should have jumped on the full size at $173... but I really was/still hoping for Alamo to drop. I'm not giving up, I will keep checking till the end too!

petunia
06-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Do you always have to put your cc info when booking with Budget? I don't want to commit to the price and I never have to put my cc info in for Alamo or Dollar when booking, but have never used Budget? Is this just a hold, in case I cancel?

petunia
06-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Oh well, booked for the cheapest I could find so far...Budget...15 days...minivan...out of MCO for $645 all in...used the 474200 and the MUGZ029 coupon

DisneyMissy318
06-20-2012, 06:36 AM
Anyone having luck getting some good price drops? I found that Alamo had dropped since I last checked. I found $304 for a standard for July 22 through August 2 at SFB using the 299851 Vroom code and AU4234FDA (double upgrade). Hope this helps!

I'm still hoping for lower, but am going to be somewhat satisfied with this.

Wed100105: Can you tell me about the Vroom code? I used your code combo for my ressie in October and got my choice to $195... although I'm not sure what "proof" I will need - or if I'm eligible for the discount. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

snowangel72
06-20-2012, 12:05 PM
My Canadian friend just got a minivan for $300 through sears travel

wed100105
06-21-2012, 05:47 AM
Wed100105: Can you tell me about the Vroom code? I used your code combo for my ressie in October and got my choice to $195... although I'm not sure what "proof" I will need - or if I'm eligible for the discount. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

I found it on anotherbAlamo thread. I think it was just a promotional Coe. Sorry I can't help more.

floridascgirl
06-21-2012, 05:31 PM
I'm a 1st time renter working hard on my July quote and boy has it been exhausting! :sad: Our rental is for a mid-size SUV for 9 days in Wyoming. Finally, the coupons fit our dates and our price has gone down. My National rental went from $947 yesterday to $529 today, but I still hope to do better.

I have two questions for all the rental experts. :goodvibes
1) To check for better rates over the next couple of weeks, do I just keep using the same codes and hope to see a price change or do different codes come out?
2) We really need a mid-size SUV because of the type of trip we are taking, but my aunt (who can be a black cloud) said not to count on them having what we reserved upon arrival. She said most likely we will end up with some tiny car. Is this really to be expected? If so, can we insist that they find us a larger car? What's the best way to handle a situation like that?

Thanks DIS'ers and good luck on continued better rates!!!!

caroli
06-21-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm a 1st time renter working hard on my July quote and boy has it been exhausting! :sad: Our rental is for a mid-size SUV for 9 days in Wyoming. Finally, the coupons fit our dates and our price has gone down. My National rental went from $947 yesterday to $529 today, but I still hope to do better.

Where did you find those coupons? Sorry to ask but I'll be there in 23 days and still couldn't find a reasonable rate :sad2:

poochie
06-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Where did you find those coupons? Sorry to ask but I'll be there in 23 days and still couldn't find a reasonable rate :sad2:

Wow checking Alamo to see if it has gone down yet for my dates 7/14 thru 7/23. Nope in fact they went way up. :eek:

Come on need for them to drop not go up. Something is stinking in car rental land.

floridascgirl
06-22-2012, 10:18 AM

I found them either on carrentalsavers.com or mousesavers.com (through their link to rental cars). I tried many different combinations of codes, most of which didn't work in Wyoming, so I'm not exactly sure which one gave me the best deal. I hope that you can find something that works for you. :)

caroli
06-22-2012, 02:53 PM
I found them either on carrentalsavers.com or mousesavers.com (through their link to rental cars). I tried many different combinations of codes, most of which didn't work in Wyoming, so I'm not exactly sure which one gave me the best deal. I hope that you can find something that works for you. :)

Thanks. I thought the one from mousesavers was only for Orlando. We'll be flying to Tampa.

DVCtinkerbell
06-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Wow! The prices went down about a week ago and now they went up. We are looking to rent full size/intermediate SUV July 3rd to the 16th. Prices are about $100 more. I have an SUV reserved for $342 and now it is $430 and up plus mileage is not unlimited. We are driving from Chicago so that would add up quickly! This was through Costco Travel. I also have a SUV reserved with Enterprise but that is $670.

I'll just keep watching....

Maliki2
06-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Still sitting on my two $125 midsize rentals for July 21-28. Not sure how I got them but the current rates are way higher! Guess I got lucky!

hpfan100
06-23-2012, 06:02 PM
rates are terrible...looking for a compact or economy rental for 7 days (July 11-18) and the best I can find is budget for 237 using codes BCD X474200 and Coupon # MUGZ029

or Alamo for 301.11 with alumni code 216676 and coupon AD2359FDF

UGGG that's a bit pricy...I was hoping for 150 or less after taxes.

Just have to keep searching...:surfweb:

aubeone
06-23-2012, 09:06 PM
rates are still high...Hotwire has the best rates I can find. I have never used Hotwire before. Thoughts?

Maliki2
06-23-2012, 09:40 PM
rates are still high...Hotwire has the best rates I can find. I have never used Hotwire before. Thoughts?

Just keep looking, rates were 300-400 for my time there in July. By some weird chance I booked early in the morning and I now have 2 rates in the $125 range. Its so random and odd...at this point. :confused3

gymstx
06-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Anyone find any price drops?

cjsmoma
06-25-2012, 10:18 PM
I just booked a midsize from dollar for 157.00 tax included for the week of 7/22-7/28 MCO....no codes used. It's the best rate i have found so far. Hope this helps someone.

poochie
06-26-2012, 04:51 AM
What exactly is Vroom Vroom car rental codes? I just tried using their code 299851 and go a better rate and upgrade with coupon code AU4234FDA. This was posted on the eariler July Car Rental Thread.

Do I need to belong to something to use this? Has anyone else used this with success and not had to present a card as proof. I do not need any surprises when I go to pickup my rental.

Please advise and let me know all details with this. Looking on line I see that this is a rental website to compare car rentals. :confused3

poochie
06-26-2012, 05:58 AM

I noticed that the AADvantage is no longer valid. When I went to their website there is no longer ALamo coupon codes. Did they drop Alamo as a partner?

Shelly F - Ohio
06-26-2012, 07:02 AM
For all of you who are worried... Remember your best rates will be closer to your travel day. Usually 7-10 before you leave. Thats because the rental companies will release their last minute rates. I never book my rental until it is time to leave and for the last 3 trips I have not paid more that $95 for a weekly mid size rental with Alamo. Take a look at the June rental car thread you will notice when that thread was started months ago those folks were quoted several hundred dollars and now they are getting rates as low at $125

I have a trip planned next week but I am not booking my car till today when Alamo releases their next set of last minute rates.

richmo
06-26-2012, 07:59 AM
For those of you in the early July timeframe (mine starts July 6), I'm starting to see the expected rapid decrease in rates, at least at Alamo. (I also see Dollar has dropped, Budget not yet). In just the past 3 days, I've seen my 9 day rental drop from $410 total to about $220 for a standard, using Costco code and upgrade from midsize. The drops seem to be most dramatic for common car sizes, not for SUVs, vans, etc. The rates have even dropped multiple times within the day. Of course, I'm hoping they go down a little more, but I doubt I'll get too much lower.

Also, at least at Alamo, the current set of last minute specials went out to June 25, which was yesterday, which leads me to believe they'll be releasing some new last minute (code IG) specials soon. If I remember correctly, the last set of last minute specials for Alamo did not include MCO, but the rates using traditional codes were better than last minute rates anyway. I would also expect Budget to come up with a new "Wendie's special" pretty soon; they've had some real good deals with that.

For those of you in the later July timeframe, you may not be seeing your rates drop yet. Be patient; the trend lately has been good and I wouldn't expect it to change. (Do book something non-binding though!)

Finally, under no circumstances should you lock yourself into a "prepaid" rate, at least for a common type vehicle. Rates seem to be dropping rapidly. Just keep checking and rebooking, right up to the day you leave.

caroli
06-26-2012, 03:09 PM
For those of you in the early July timeframe (mine starts July 6), I'm starting to see the expected rapid decrease in rates, at least at Alamo. (I also see Dollar has dropped, Budget not yet). In just the past 3 days, I've seen my 9 day rental drop from $410 total to about $220 for a standard, using Costco code and upgrade from midsize. The drops seem to be most dramatic for common car sizes, not for SUVs, vans, etc. The rates have even dropped multiple times within the day. Of course, I'm hoping they go down a little more, but I doubt I'll get too much lower.

Also, at least at Alamo, the current set of last minute specials went out to June 25, which was yesterday, which leads me to believe they'll be releasing some new last minute (code IG) specials soon. If I remember correctly, the last set of last minute specials for Alamo did not include MCO, but the rates using traditional codes were better than last minute rates anyway. I would also expect Budget to come up with a new "Wendie's special" pretty soon; they've had some real good deals with that.

For those of you in the later July timeframe, you may not be seeing your rates drop yet. Be patient; the trend lately has been good and I wouldn't expect it to change. (Do book something non-binding though!)

Finally, under no circumstances should you lock yourself into a "prepaid" rate, at least for a common type vehicle. Rates seem to be dropping rapidly. Just keep checking and rebooking, right up to the day you leave.

Thanks.... fingers crossed! :rolleyes1

mareed
06-26-2012, 03:55 PM
As a data point, I've checked prices regularly for my 10 day rental of either a full-size or minivan starting June 28 and the lowest price was with Alamo booked on April 7 of $212 total for a minivan from Alamo. Pricing the same reservation with their current last-minute special is over $1000! :scared1:

The next best that I can find right now with any major company would be full-size around $400. So, sometimes the lowest rate is found several months ahead of time!

I agree with not booking a non-cancellable reservation far ahead of time, but recommend booking the best you can find that's acceptable and continue to look for something lower. My first reservation for this trip was booked in Jan 2012 at $400 for full-size, which interestingly enough is the same as the current last-minute specials but twice what it was almost 3 months ago. I have 4 different reservations with other companies that I cancelled and will be keeping the Alamo minivan.

TamaraQT
06-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Oh Dear :sad2: :sick:

poochie
06-26-2012, 04:51 PM
18 Days and still not dropping. I keep checking Alamo multible times a day at all hours waiting. My dates are 7/14 thru 7/23. Currently have 2 ressies. A mid size for 352 and a standard for 358. My standard is using the Vroom Vroom code and I am nervous about using this. Do they require some proof of some documentation in order to use this?? I will cancel one or both depending on what is ahead. What is the latest you can cancel with no fee for Alamo?

richmo
06-26-2012, 05:27 PM
18 Days and still not dropping. I keep checking Alamo multible times a day at all hours waiting. My dates are 7/14 thru 7/23. Currently have 2 ressies. A mid size for 352 and a standard for 358. My standard is using the Vroom Vroom code and I am nervous about using this. Do they require some proof of some documentation in order to use this?? I will cancel one or both depending on what is ahead. What is the latest you can cancel with no fee for Alamo?

Trust me, you will do way better than this. My dates are almost a week behind yours (7/6 thru 7/15) and I've seen my Standard (Costco midsize w/upgrade) go from $410 to about $220 in just the past few days. You should really start to pay attention in the next week or so. It will drop. (And remember to try both with and without your code...sometimes no code works best). It was frustrating to me too to see the rates either stay the same or even rise at a high price for a long time. Its just been in the past 3 days I've seen drops. And I've even rebooked the same reservation 3 times today because of different rates.

Don't know anything about the vroom, vroom code. Generally speaking, at MCO, Alamo does not ask for coupons or documentation. However, if you're using some special code (like one reserved for a corporation), they might. Plus, it might be a good idea to use the kiosk, then the only human you'll deal with is the gate agent on the way out with your car. The official line, of course, is to be able to document the codes you're using.

As long as you haven't prepaid anything, you can cancel any Alamo reservation at any time without penalty. After all, they don't have your credit card. You can even no show with no repercussions, but if there's a reservation you know you're not going to use, I would cancel it as a courtesy.

richmo
06-26-2012, 05:34 PM
As a data point, I've checked prices regularly for my 10 day rental of either a full-size or minivan starting June 28 and the lowest price was with Alamo booked on April 7 of $212 total for a minivan from Alamo. Pricing the same reservation with their current last-minute special is over $1000! :scared1:

The next best that I can find right now with any major company would be full-size around $400. So, sometimes the lowest rate is found several months ahead of time!

I agree with not booking a non-cancellable reservation far ahead of time, but recommend booking the best you can find that's acceptable and continue to look for something lower. My first reservation for this trip was booked in Jan 2012 at $400 for full-size, which interestingly enough is the same as the current last-minute specials but twice what it was almost 3 months ago. I have 4 different reservations with other companies that I cancelled and will be keeping the Alamo minivan.

As I said in my earlier post, the rate drops we've been seeing have been for common car types (mostly midsize and standard). I've even seen some of the compacts staying high and things like SUVs and minivans seem to be in demand. You're only a couple of days away, so you'll likely go with what you have. By the way, 10 days for a minivan at $212 is excellent! Someone (probably not Alamo) might come up with something like a $179/week special, but by the time you add in your additional 3 days + fees, it would still be well above what you have.

My philosophy has been as soon as you have your flight times, book something, but never prepay. Especially with the specialty vehicles, you have to be aggressive and persistent. And keep checking until the day you leave; you never know...

Vickie46
06-26-2012, 06:38 PM
anyone know if I can get a cheap rate to rent in a car in Panama City Beach Florida area? I am also needing mid July.

poochie
06-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Trust me, you will do way better than this. My dates are almost a week behind yours (7/6 thru 7/15) and I've seen my Standard (Costco midsize w/upgrade) go from $410 to about $220 in just the past few days. You should really start to pay attention in the next week or so. It will drop. (And remember to try both with and without your code...sometimes no code works best). It was frustrating to me too to see the rates either stay the same or even rise at a high price for a long time. Its just been in the past 3 days I've seen drops. And I've even rebooked the same reservation 3 times today because of different rates.

Don't know anything about the vroom, vroom code. Generally speaking, at MCO, Alamo does not ask for coupons or documentation. However, if you're using some special code (like one reserved for a corporation), they might. Plus, it might be a good idea to use the kiosk, then the only human you'll deal with is the gate agent on the way out with your car. The official line, of course, is to be able to document the codes you're using.

As long as you haven't prepaid anything, you can cancel any Alamo reservation at any time without penalty. After all, they don't have your credit card. You can even no show with no repercussions, but if there's a reservation you know you're not going to use, I would cancel it as a courtesy.

Do you rebook and cancel or edit your existing ressie?

richmo
06-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Do you rebook and cancel or edit your existing ressie?

I've done both...and you don't get a better or worse rate either way.

Working with the existing reservation saves you entering all the dates and codes again (assuming they're the same). One tip though...when you look up your reservation, then 'Modify' it, before you hit 'Continue' on the screen that shows your dates, codes, etc., be sure to wipe out the field that says 'Rate/Product Code'. Its usually something like 'AW9'. If you don't, you'll wind up with the same rate you had, even if there's been a price drop. After you 'Continue', the next screen will show you the old rate and the new rate and you can pick the new one if its lower.

minniemomof3
06-27-2012, 04:28 PM
I leave on the 7th of July and reserved a midsize for 12 days out of the Dolphin for $343 with National using KLM code and $35 code, can I do better? I don't see the rates coming down and I leave in just over a week.

kiki02
06-27-2012, 06:35 PM
I leave on the 7th of July and reserved a midsize for 12 days out of the Dolphin for $343 with National using KLM code and $35 code, can I do better? I don't see the rates coming down and I leave in just over a week.

i'm also searching for JULY AND THE RATEs are not low at all.

richmo
06-27-2012, 07:26 PM
I was looking at Alamo at MCO for your dates and came up with very similar numbers. The weird thing, is if you backed your reservation up one day (July 6 instead of 7) and still dropped on the 19th, you'd see a drop of about $150 (at least for MCO).

It could be you're not quite in the discount window yet, but if that's going to happen, it should be in the next few days.

Things to try: Look at the Car Care Center instead of the Dolphin...sometimes the rates are different. Look at MCO...sometimes the difference is huge enough that its worth dropping Magical Express and just pick the car up at the airport. Since you're picking/dropping at the Dolphin, consider whether you need the car the whole time. Sometimes picking up a day or two later or dropping a day or two early can make a huge difference. Of course, if you look at MCO, you can also look at different agencies.

minniemomof3
06-27-2012, 07:33 PM
I was looking at Alamo at MCO for your dates and came up with very similar numbers. The weird thing, is if you backed your reservation up one day (July 6 instead of 7) and still dropped on the 19th, you'd see a drop of about $150 (at least for MCO).

It could be you're not quite in the discount window yet, but if that's going to happen, it should be in the next few days.

Things to try: Look at the Car Care Center instead of the Dolphin...sometimes the rates are different. Look at MCO...sometimes the difference is huge enough that its worth dropping Magical Express and just pick the car up at the airport. Since you're picking/dropping at the Dolphin, consider whether you need the car the whole time. Sometimes picking up a day or two later or dropping a day or two early can make a huge difference. Of course, if you look at MCO, you can also look at different agencies.

Thanks. I don't really need the car the whole time, but we like to go off site for dinners and shopping. I'm going to try changing some of the dates and/or locations to see if it makes a difference.

bastraker
06-28-2012, 06:01 AM

Check your rates this morning. We leave today and I was rechecking mine. I got a crazy deal for a full size car of $129 for 12 days, I doubt it could get any lower, but you never know.

Your dates are definitely lower, I saw $273 for a full size Impala(used the Costco codes). Good luck!

CookieDiva
06-28-2012, 12:22 PM
A little note of warning - our dates are July 10-18. We wanted a minivan since there are 5 adults and at least 5 suitcases and carry ons. I have been waiting for the prices to get below the $415 that I am seeing as my lowest price. Went to check last night, and alas! No minivans.

I am just kicking myself. Hoping that a mid sized SUV will work...

Edited to say:

Actually they have a full sized SUV for $415, so I jumped on that. It will probably be fine for size. Just really irritating about the prices though. Last year we had minivan for a day longer and at least $30 cheaper.

rw_hadley
06-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Dollar & Thrifty had some good rates on fullsize cars this morning for our travel period, which is July 14 - 21 (rental is going to be 8 days because our return flight is not until evening).
Anyway, they gave me 1 week @ $133.12 + 1 extra day at $18.69.
With all the lovely mandatory extras, my grand total rental is $218.40.
I found this by clicking on the "search for Orlando specials" (or whatever the button says exactly, you get the idea), once I was at the rate page.
My confirmation shows a rate code of RWXW8.
(I did this through the Dollar page, but I assume Thrifty has similar.)

poochie
06-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Check your rates this morning. We leave today and I was rechecking mine. I got a crazy deal for a full size car of $129 for 12 days, I doubt it could get any lower, but you never know.

Your dates are definitely lower, I saw $273 for a full size Impala(used the Costco codes). Good luck!

I do not have Costco. I have BJ's, visa and vroom. But no difference I tried this morning before work too.

Just a note I used the Costco website for car rentals and did not come up with the rate you show for 9 days for an impala it was $456.00. I must be doing something wrong.

richmo
06-29-2012, 07:51 AM
...Someone (probably not Alamo) might come up with something like a $179/week special...
Well, I've been wrong about a lot of things with car rentals, as usual, but this little statement turned out to be true.

I received an email from Budget last night with a $179/week intermediate SUV. My car deal with Alamo is still significantly better than the SUV, so I'll stick with that, but this might help some of you looking for the SUV.

To use this, specify a BCD of U102800. This is not a coupon and came in an email directly from Budget, so its definitely public and will require no documentation. I imagine you can also apply a coupon. Not sure of the date range on this, but hopefully it'll help some of you with SUVs.

rolandsoft
06-29-2012, 12:40 PM
My travel dates are July 3 to 11 and when I use this to search for cars (on costco travel), I get a quote (on average) for $250 to $300.... I arrive in the evening of the 3rd, and when I change the rental dates to July 4 (12am) to July 11, I get a quote of $130, which means a few hours worth will cost me $120...

Due to this, I booked a hotel near the airport and was planning on just using their shuttle to get to the hotel at night and then use the shuttle again the next morning to pick up the car...

Do you think Budget (where I got the low price) would allow me to get the car earlier (on the 3rd) at a low price (that I booked it on) for a minimal fee? or will they charge me the more expensive package price?

conniehar90
06-29-2012, 02:45 PM
I received an email from Budget last night with a $179/week intermediate SUV. My car deal with Alamo is still significantly better than the SUV, so I'll stick with that, but this might help some of you looking for the SUV.

To use this, specify a BCD of U102800. This is not a coupon and came in an email directly from Budget, so its definitely public and will require no documentation. I imagine you can also apply a coupon. Not sure of the date range on this, but hopefully it'll help some of you with SUVs.

We are going July 26th. This code did not work for me. It is giving me a rate of $800 for an intermediate SUV.

I still have an excellent rate with National with the KLM code.

minniemomof3
06-29-2012, 06:07 PM
The August car rental thread has a post on how to use Kayak code and get a full size for $101 a week. It involves picking up at Shades of Green and dropping off at MCO, but the OP said you can call CCC and pick up there. Hope this helps someone. I was able to get a full size for $229 for 13 days.

poochie
06-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Picking up our car 2 weeks from today from Alamo. Yet the rates still not moving. What gives???:confused3

Vickie46
06-30-2012, 11:27 AM
I am about in tears.... anyone ever get a good rate for ECP Panama City Beach Airport.... I can't find anythign cheaper than 50-60 a day... We have always got a great rate in Orlando... but this time stinks.