PDA

View Full Version : Do most of you find it cheaper to rent a car for an airport pickup or small town?

audracooper
02-28-2012, 11:37 AM
I have been trying to find a deal on a rental mini van for March22-26 out of Charlotte, NC. I have tried lots of different codes and pick up times and everything is still $450-600! Do you guys have better luck with prices at airport pickups or just from a local rental place in your town? I am trying to narrow down my search! Thanks for your suggestions!!

backyardponder
02-28-2012, 01:17 PM
From my experience, it varies all over the place. Airports can be higher; local can be higher. Airports sometimes have much higher taxes. Local tend to be franchises which can set their own rates.

You are looking for a popular rental during spring break time. I don't think you're going to find a good deal. But...GOOD LUCK. pixiedust:pixiedust:

NotUrsula
02-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Unless you really NEED to seat that many people, drop the requirement for a minivan. They are the most in-demand, and agencies charge a steep premium for them.

That said, your best bet is probably going to be PriceLine out of an airport if you really need that size vehicle.

willowsnn3
02-29-2012, 12:34 PM
We live less than 20 miles from Hartsfield in Atlanta. We have found it is cheaper for us to rent from one of the major companies within 5 miles of our house as the airport rentals seem to tack on an xtra fee of some kind for the same car/company.