PDA

View Full Version : Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort

Snickals
02-27-2012, 04:35 AM
Just wanting some feedback about Wyndham Lake Buena Vista Resort...has anyone stayed there recently? My travel agent has this hotel on hold for us but I need to say yay or nay to book it by Wednesday. It seems cheaper than a value (was originally looking at POP) but a bit more expensive than other offsite hotels.

We're looking at a King guest room. Will have the baby so need to put a cot up...is there plenty of room for this without it being in the way? The photos I've seen look similar to value resort style. Basically after something with a fridge and free constant transport.

It is a little on the high end of our budget so is it worth it or should I be looking at something else? Originally wanted Doubletree at DTD but it was unavailable.

Help please :goodvibes

dancin Disney style
02-27-2012, 11:09 AM
I haven't stayed there myself but did a lot of research on it last year as it was a possibility for a past trip.

Based on everything found about it the tower rooms are much better than the standard rooms. The standard rooms are in a motel style building out at the back of the property and are very basic.

I never saw anything that was very negative about the property in general. It gets decent reviews. The only constant negative was that people don't seem to like the standard rooms out back....just too far away and not as nice as a WDW value room.

I don't know when you are planning to visit but there is a deal on Travelzoo right now for the Buena Vista Palace that is right next door to the Wyndham....it's $99/night including the resort fee and breakfast. Also, look on Mousesavers.com for hotel deals...they have several.

cbombard
05-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Did you end up staying there?

We have a room booked for June.. and I am wondering other's thoughts.. especially about the shuttle service..

thelundypride
07-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Would also like to know how you thought the hotel was? Shuttle service, access to DTD and the parks, etc...

Fatalbie
07-13-2012, 03:06 PM
We jsut did a drive down from MA with a stop in SC for a few days on each side of a week in Disney. We stayed at the Wyndham in a tower room on the 18th floor. The hotel has excellent access to DTD, 3 min walk and you are right at the Earl of Sandwich. Rooms were clean and nice, had a view of some of the fireworks at night. didn't use the shuttle since we had our car. At at the character breakfast and it was good, not great. The kids loved it, 4 & 8. Pool area is nice. All in all, no problem and would recommend, based on our room. Not sure what the rates are now, but Travelzoo has run specials in the last couple of months. Good luck and enjoy.

Jim