PDA

View Full Version : Really nice hotel near to MCO International?

minnie56
02-24-2012, 10:53 PM
Looking for a really nice hotel..clean, good reviews close to MCO A/P for 1 night pre cruise. The Hyatt in the terminal has no availability for the night required. Shuttle from and back to the terminal the next day for cruiseline transfer would be great too!!!

Anyone know what this one is like?

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/travel/mcoap-orlando-airport-marriott/

Thanks!

Straitlover
02-25-2012, 02:28 PM
There is a Renaissance at the airport:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/travel/mcora-renaissance-orlando-airport-hotel/

jque
02-28-2012, 09:56 PM
The hotels in this area are all 'business" type, any one will do just to rest. I've stayed at both La Quinta's without any problems.

pamjb
03-01-2012, 08:05 PM
I just stayed at the Renaissance in early February. I got it on Priceline "Name your Own Price" for $45. Glad I didn't pay rack rate or even a discounted rate. We only spent about seven hours there. Discovered the toilet was clogged at 2 am (when we got there).

You may want to try biddiing on Priceline for a 3.5 or 3 star hotel, if you want to go that way.

krd315
03-01-2012, 08:56 PM
we stayed at comfort suites in Jan for $75 a night

it has a free hot breakfast and free shuttle to/from airport 24hrs a day (by request after 11pm or midnight). It slept 5 as it had a sitting area w/pull out couch. We liked it fine for 1 night and would stay there again.

MattM
03-02-2012, 08:49 AM
To the specific Marriott you linked too, that hotel is just fine and will be great for an overnight stay before your cruise. Since you specifically asked for a "really nice" hotel, I would go with the Marriott over some of the other options mentioned here (no offense other posters :)).

nycdisneygal
03-02-2012, 10:11 PM
not sure when you are looking for, but we will be staying at that marriott our arrival night at the end of this month so i will report back afterwards. I read a LOT of reviews of the major hotels at MCO and this seemed to be the best option (hyatt was completely booked so i did not read its reviews). Read mixed stuff about renaissance.