PDA

View Full Version : cheapest way to have 9 night stay at a timeshare?

JennCa
02-24-2012, 07:43 PM
I want to stay at a 2 bedroom/2 bath timeshare place, but am trying to figure out how to do it. Most of the time, I've booked 7 nights and that is the only way to do it, but in order to avoid moving I want to check in on a Thursday and leave on a Friday or Sat? Anyone have ideas of how to look for a nice place that I can do this at. Any recommendations?

Jenn

fairy8i8
02-24-2012, 07:58 PM
If you are going through a timeshare network or buying from an owner selling their week, you are probably out of luck because there usually isn't a ton of flexibility.

However, most of the timeshare resorts actually sell nights to people who are not owners, so if you know of a place you want to stay, find the resort's website (it's usually a small site, not the big RCI or II sites) or just call and ask for the price of a room for the night. Not all resorts do this, but enough do in Kissimmee that you shouldn't have a problem. My parents own at Star Island, and I know the resort rents rooms nightly, though you have the choice of either a 1BR or 3BR there.

Hope this helps!

greenclan67
02-24-2012, 08:17 PM
I rent through an owner at Cypress Pointe resort! I have done 8 nights, and I have done 12 and this year 13. I have had to the last 2 years split my reservation into 2 ressies, but have never had to move rooms! If you would like the name of the person I rent through,, he is wonderful to rent from, if you are interested in Cypress Point!

Beemitchcowski
02-24-2012, 09:01 PM
I booked Bonnet Creek through vacation upgrades for 9 nights without a problem and was told that I won't have to move..they just "stitch" two reservations together.

bearzabout
02-25-2012, 06:15 AM
If you see the weeks you need listed for a timeshare on Skyauction, you can win one week and ask them to book a second week at the same price. Some go for a $1 bid and either $199 or $299 per week with a $20 processing cost per week.

Just call the resort and warn them you will be checking in late the first week and they will hold the room for you. Also ask them to combine the reservations so you don't have to move.

It may be hard to get a 9 night stay for less than $442.

Many resorts in Orlando allow check ins on any day and some require a Friday, Saturday or Sunday check in. Diamond Resorts (Cypress Pointe, Grand Beach, Mystic Dunes) allows a check in on any day. Call around to others you may be interested in and ask about their check in policy. These will be the best option if you want to rent by the day instead of by the week.

shalom
02-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Any TS resort based on a points system (Wyndham, Worldmark, Bluegreen, etc.), you should be able to find someone renting points who'd do that for you, which can be a great deal. If you're not comfortable renting points from an individual or for some other reason that isn't going to work, then asking to rent two weeks at a good deal somewhere would be your best bet.

JennCa
02-25-2012, 11:51 AM
I might be interested in Cypress Pointe, but was thinking more along the lines of Sheraton Vistana since I've never stayed there, Marriott Harbor Lake, have stayed there and loved it, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, have stayed there also, or possibly something new. Figure I wanted to have some ideas of my options since I would prefer not having to switch properties, but will see what deals come along, it is July so I know the deals will be few and far between.

Jenn

imtheluckyone
02-26-2012, 10:04 AM
We are staying 9 nights at WBC. I had to make two reservations with my points but then Wyndham put them together so we wouldn"t have to change rooms. Honestly the cheapest way for me to stay in Orlando with our big family was just to buy into Wyndham. I bought resale points at WBC for less than some women spend on a pair of shoes. It seems that you travel to timeshares regularly....so it's just a thought for longer term cost savings.

BrerMama
02-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Try Last Minute Travel. I booked Vistana 2 bedroom for $123/night through them. Dreams Unlimited through this website has a pretty good deal as well.

Johnnylaw
02-26-2012, 04:31 PM
I can get you a 4 day stay for $99 @ 5 star timeshare resort.

JennCa
02-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Last minute doesn't have any availability showing my dates yet, bummer! $123 a night is a good deal!

Jenn

shalom
02-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Honestly the cheapest way for me to stay in Orlando with our big family was just to buy into Wyndham. I bought resale points at WBC for less than some women spend on a pair of shoes. It seems that you travel to timeshares regularly....so it's just a thought for longer term cost savings.

Second this. Our points ownership (Bluegreen) also includes an RCI membership, meaning we have access to tons of Orlando resorts at bargain prices. If you go off season, it's not hard at all to get a 2 BR unit for $300/week if you reserve after 48 days out. We've never done that (I like to have things settled a bit earlier), but we still average about $80/night for a 2 BR, which isn't bad. :)