PDA

View Full Version : Bahama Breeze Restaurant

brisus
02-23-2012, 12:35 PM
We are definitely interested in Happy Hour at Bahama Breeze on our trip in April. Anyone know how far away this is from Disney. We would be taking a taxi. We were first thinking of the Crab House/Shack (not sure) by Crossroads shopping center and didnt see the best reviews so I think we will try Bahama Breeze. I appreciate any information you may have. Thank you!

skjuls
02-23-2012, 01:31 PM
We are definitely interested in Happy Hour at Bahama Breeze on our trip in April. Anyone know how far away this is from Disney. We would be taking a taxi. We were first thinking of the Crab House/Shack (not sure) by Crossroads shopping center and didnt see the best reviews so I think we will try Bahama Breeze. I appreciate any information you may have. Thank you!

It was down the road from the Crossroads Shopping Center, it wasn't too far.

I'm thinking less than 1/2 a mile.

brisus
02-23-2012, 02:12 PM
See that's what I was thinking. I actually called Bahama Breeze last night and the girl told me it was 15 minutes from Disney. I knew you guys would have the right information. With taking a taxi it makes me feel better that it is closer than I thought. Thanks again!

Art 1
02-23-2012, 02:53 PM

Just to let you know, that location gets very very crowded. Once you get a seat though you should be fine.

Detailor
02-23-2012, 06:38 PM
The Bahama Breeze on Vineland Avenue is approximately 2 miles from Downtown Disney - probably an 8 to 15 minute drive because of all of the traffic lights (five or six), with the light at the turn from SR 535 to Vineland Avenue possibly taking several minutes.

They don't take traditional reservations but they do have a call-ahead list for guests who are on their way to the restaurant (407-938-9010). It used to be the best way to get seated in a reasonable amount of time but it's become easier to get into this restaurant since they opened the new Bahama Breeze on SR 192 (the Animal Kingdom end of Disney).

Dick Taylor

Jason71
02-24-2012, 09:07 AM
The BB on Vineland/535 (closest to Crossroads) does NOT have a happy hour. The one on 192, closer to Animal Kingdom, does. Still a great place--I like the atmosphere much more than the one on 192--but wanted to give you that heads up.

TamaraQT
02-25-2012, 11:08 AM
The BB on Vineland/535 (closest to Crossroads) does NOT have a happy hour. The one on 192, closer to Animal Kingdom, does. Still a great place--I like the atmosphere much more than the one on 192--but wanted to give you that heads up.

Thanks for this!! Last year, I went to the one on I-drive thinking that all of them had Happy Hour and I was told only the one in Kissimmee had it. I wasn't sure if this was still the case. I figured maybe Crossroads location added happy hour too. I do plan to visit the one in Kissimmee this year for happy hour since I missed it last year. I can't wait! :)

brisus
03-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Good to know. We definitely want to do the happy hour. One more question, do they also have the live music there? This is actually more of the draw for us to go! Thanks again! :rolleyes1

Jason71
03-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Good to know. We definitely want to do the happy hour. One more question, do they also have the live music there? This is actually more of the draw for us to go! Thanks again! :rolleyes1

Yes, all three feature live music outside on the patio.

tripletots
03-08-2012, 03:55 PM
We don't have a Bahama Breeze in our area, but I know they are owned by the same people that own Olive Garden and Longhorn Steakhouse. I have giftcards that we were going to use at LS on our vacation. Do you think we should try BB instead? Not sure if the kids would like it.

I just looked at a menu and I like it. It's different from Longhorn Steakhouse and Olive Garden. Besides we can't go to a Bahama Breeze at home and I love the name!

Art 1
03-08-2012, 04:09 PM
We don't have a Bahama Breeze in our area, but I know they are owned by the same people that own Olive Garden and Longhorn Steakhouse. I have giftcards that we were going to use at LS on our vacation. Do you think we should try BB instead? Not sure if the kids would like it.

Sure, why not.

MinnieForMe
03-08-2012, 04:44 PM
There were plenty of kids there when we went! We sat outside next to the steel drums and loved it!

mousegear
03-10-2012, 10:11 AM
We have Bahama Breeze in our area and DS 8 enjoys it alot. It's nice, light and fun atmosphere for kids also. There's insider's coupon available. $10 off with purchase of $20 with sign up for insiders.

http://www.bahamabreeze.com/promos/201210off/default.aspx?cmpid=bb_email_20120221_coupon

Jason71
03-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Do you think we should try BB instead? Not sure if the kids would like it.

Honestly, I imagine most kids would prefer BB to LS or OG. Less stuffy, more open and colorful.

pura77
03-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Iam in orlando once and year and my husband and I stay in 535 area. We always go to that Bahama Breeze and the wait is not that bad because I call ahead and put my name on there list! The most we wait is around 15-20plz minutes! Totally recommend.

travisx4
03-14-2012, 05:00 PM
BB is one of my favorite restaurants near Disney. Depending what hotel/park you are coming from it could be longer than a 15 minute drive