PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista Palace Hotel and Spa

CaFeeney
02-22-2012, 03:42 PM
HI All,
Wondering if anyone has feedback on the Buena Vista Palace Hotel and Spa located in DTD. Travelzoo just came out with a great deal $99 per night for a water view room with breakfast for 2 and all resort fees included. As we are going April 11-15 this is peak WDW time and even the moderates are well over $200 per night.

We would be staying 4 nights and then moving into our DVC unit at Old Key West. We typically stay on property but this really seems like a great deal.

We have just 2 adults and a 5 year old so I don't really need the space of a suite or condo.

Looks like it is right across the street from DTD.

Anyone stay recently? What were your thoughts/impressions?

Thanks!!

Rhongepooh
02-24-2012, 09:52 AM
We stayed here Thanksgiving 2010 for one night before moving to the CR. The rooms are big and if you're in a deluxe room it has a BIG corner tub which was really nice after driving for 12+ hours. They did have a resort fee and parking. . . I asked for an upgrade (very nicely) and although I didn't get it they DID give me free parking so that saved I think around $10. The hallways looked kind of run down but if I remember correctly the rooms were nice and the beds were comfy. I would stay here again for a 1 night stay for the right price.

Kae
02-24-2012, 09:59 AM
We stayed there once for 2 nights & really liked it. Funny thing is the staff was very up to date on all thing Disney, the bellhop not only new times, he recomended places to eat with suggestions & gave us tips on where to stand for Spectro-it was the first time we stood in by the Chrismas Shoppe in Liberty Square & now we stand there all the time.

Our room was clean & nice. Liked being so close to DTD we walked over & took the bus to AKL for dinner. Pool area looked nice we didn't swim though.

Kae

colinsdad
02-24-2012, 08:23 PM
My cousin had her wedding reception at the BVP and it was a real nice place. While I didn't stay there after the reception (I had a timeshare at Marriot Sabal Palms), many of my family members did stay that evening and said it was very nice.

The location is great, and for $99, I think that sounds like a great deal. I'd have no problem staying here based on my families comments. Have a great trip. :goodvibes