PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me About Westgate Town Center

Angry Eyes
02-21-2012, 08:50 AM
I have searched this site and haven't found much recently on this resort. It does appear that they have a reputation for pushy sales people but that doesn't bother me, I can say no to the best of them. We usually stay in Windsor Hills so I love the familiar location of Old Lake Wilson Rd. Any first-hand input would be greatly appreciated. How are the resort shuttles to the Disney parks? TIA

djm99
02-22-2012, 10:36 AM
This is my favorite of the Westgate properties. The grounds are really nice and the last time my family visited Westgate (Summer 2010) we had a VERY nice room. The room itself looked brand new. Everything was clean and in wonderful order. Parking is a little difficult in the late evening, which is why we decided on a house this time to rent. In the evening trying to find parking near your building is a challenge. Also, my husband REFUSES to do those timeshare presentations so we paid full price (which wasn't that bad $110 for a 1 Bedroom). My girls slept on the sofa sleeper - which they enjoyed having their own TV. It was really nice overall. Washer/Dryer and full kitchen were very useful. The only drawback (not really) there is no maid/cleaning service unless you pay for it. Now, I've been told you get one free cleaning during a weeklong stay if you request it. I haven't been so lucky but friends of mine swear they received it.

spiceycat
02-23-2012, 12:31 PM
never heard of westgate even having a shuttle. they use to tell guests to either take a taxi or walk to US 192 and take the local bus. so you definitely need a car here.

would avoid westgate because they will kept bothering you - they don't seem to understand "NO"

alleghator
02-25-2012, 08:18 AM
We were at Westgate Town Center in 2006 and 2009 and are going back in August. We love it there.

My MIL is an owner, so it might be a slightly different experience for us going as "owners." But we just ignore the phone messages for the breakfast (sales meeting).

We love having the space to spread out and not be all on top of one another. We love having a kitchen. And the location cannot be beat.

We never rely on the shuttles, as I've heard they're inconvenient. We prefer to rent a car (super cheap on Priceline or Hotwire). It's so fast to zip back and forth to the parks from here.

If you have any other specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

TamaraQT
02-25-2012, 10:51 AM
I am owner at Westgate Lakes, but I have stayed in Town Center. I stayed at Town Center once and loved it. The sales people are a pain to deal with, but just say NO. Although I own at the Lakes, I think Town Center is by far a much nicer resort. I dont think you will disappointed. Have a FABULOUS vacation. :)

Angry Eyes
02-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for your responses. We are still trying to decide where to stay in June, but this information helps tremendously. It looks like a beautiful resort and it's definitely at the top of our list of resorts that fit in the budget.

Molyneuxd
02-26-2012, 05:00 PM
My parents are owners at the Towers, have stayed at Towers, Villas and Lakes. We like the Lakes best, where we are booked for Apr / May this year.

Westgate are all lovely rooms, huge beds are amazing.

Sales can be very pushy, but just be firm and say "NO" we usually just ignore calls and say have something planned for everyday so can't make the sales crap.

I've stayed in Westgate resorts for previous 7-8 trips to Florida and will probably stay again.

Lots of bad feedback online about Westgate, I believe most comes from the pushy sales reps. Other than that can't fault it.