PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Creek Q

2goofykiddos
02-20-2012, 09:46 PM
My mother is trying to book 2 units at Bonnet Creek from 12/29 to 1/5. She does not think she will get them, but she is a Wyndham owner. Are there any tips or tricks to this?? She'd like to use her points from 2012 and 2013, is this possible? Will she have to book 2 separate vacations?

Just looking for tips for those of you who have BTDT. This is her Christmas gift to the entire family so I am trying to lend her some of my Disney knowlegde, but am clueless about this.

Thanks in Advance!

Brian Noble
02-22-2012, 09:48 AM
I suspect it will be possible, but she would be well served to do it *right at* the morning of 2/29 (ten months prior to her desired check-in date.) Assuming she has a January use year, both reservations would be considered "2012" bookings. She can still use her 2013 points to make the booking, but she will first need to place the '13 points she will need to use in the "Points Credit Pool." Have her read about the Pool on page 281 of the current online directory if she is unfamiliar with it.

There is another way to use 2013 points for a 2012 reservation, but it's a little more complicated, and it would be a little bit more risk---she would have to *commit* the '13 points to her '12 use year before she knew for sure she could get the units. The Credit Pool allows use of the points for any reservation from the date they are placed in the pool up to three years later, and so it's a lot more flexible.

2goofykiddos
02-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Thank you!! I'd so much rather stay here than some other far away place.

DCTooTall
02-22-2012, 02:05 PM
As Brian mentioned, the best bet would be to place her '13 points into the "credit pool" to allow her the most flexibility. There is however a small charge to do this, but it gives her 3 years to use the points.

If she's looking for 2 2bdrm units, she should be able to get the rooms assuming she makes her request at the 10month window. (if her points are actually at Bonnet Creek and not with another resort in the Wyndham system, she should be able to make her reservations now as part of the Advanced reservation window.)

Even if she is coming with, at least 1 of the reservations would also need to be made as a "Guest" reservation complete with the Guest Confirmation surcharge (assuming she doesn't have a free Guest certificate available as part of her ownership). the reason for this is that Wyndham does not allow multiple reservations under an owners name at the same dates without a guest confirmation because the owner themselves cannot really stay in both units at the same time.

Brian Noble
02-22-2012, 10:01 PM
if her points are actually at Bonnet Creek and not with another resort in the Wyndham system, she should be able to make her reservations now as part of the Advanced reservation window
This is true for the '12 points. But, Pool Credits cannot be used during the ARP (home resort) window---only Regular Points.

DCTooTall
02-23-2012, 12:10 PM
This is true for the '12 points. But, Pool Credits cannot be used during the ARP (home resort) window---only Regular Points.

ah.... true. Good point that I simply forgot.

2goofykiddos
03-01-2012, 09:00 AM
My mom was just able to book 3 nights at the end of the year and 3 the first 3 days. She got a 2 and a 3 bedroom and then the presidential 4 bedroom and a 1 bedroom.

Thanks for all your help.

This will be my first time at Bonnet Creeek so I will have to read the thread.

Now I have another countdown to add!!!