PDA

View Full Version : Nice hotel options very close to Disney

allie_to_you
02-20-2012, 03:05 PM
We are planning a trip for November and are looking at all our options (on-site, offsite, etc.). We have stayed on-site before and know the advantages that that. We have also stayed at a couple of the properties through allstar vacation homes, but we want to look at some other hotel options very close to Disney but that won't break the budget. Suggestions please for off-site hotels only

c&m
02-20-2012, 04:44 PM
On past trips, we have only stayed at WDW resorts; but for this upcoming trip, we decided to stay off-site (Hilton Parc Soleil). We found that we barely stayed at the WDW resort long enough to dip our toes in the pool, and we really wanted in-suite laundry so we could pack lightly. We also wanted relatively newer/recently refurbished hotels. I have done some research and here are hotels that made it on our family's top 4 list:

1. Hilton Parc Soleil - the newest Hilton Grand Vacations property. It has a full kitchen, in-suite washer/dryer, a great pool area with slide, proximity to WDW, and proximity to other Orlando attractions and eateries. Great reviews on Tripadvisor.

2. Hilton Bonnet Creek - Really nice Hilton hotel. No laundry, but excellent pool area with lazy pool and slides. Excellent reviews on TA. We would've stayed here but no in-suite washer/dryer.

3. Caribe Royale (the 2-bedroom villas) - You can get a discounted rate on Mousesavers.com. Has a great pool, free shuttle, and in-suite washer/dryer in the villas only. Located really close to DTD. Also great reviews on TA.

4. Hilton Grand Vacations International Drive - similar to the Hilton Parc Soleil. I couldn't book this one - no availability for our dates. I think this one is very popular, so you should book this one efficiently if you are interested. Excellent reviews.

Of course, you may have different needs than ours. And there are so many to pick from. Have fun planning!

MattM
02-22-2012, 07:59 PM
What kind of price range are you looking for (ballpark)? That will help narrow down my recommendations for you. Let me know!

spiceycat
02-23-2012, 01:54 PM
offsite does no longer mean cheap - not with Hilton, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, waldor astoria near by.

so definitely need more information - your budget, how many in your party, do you need a kitchen or would just a microwave and refrigerator work for you.

here are some from the home site of the Dis
http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/dreamsres/index.htm

can recommend Sheraton Vistana resort and buena vista suites - although both have been a few years since stayed there.

Johnnylaw
02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
How bout westgate?

Molyneuxd
02-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Westgate for me, Lakes have some great deals on at the moment.

maxiesmom
02-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Staybridge Suites, LBV is our off site hotel of choice. It is right across from DTD, so you are not far off of Disney property. I think it is a very pretty resort. One of my favorite things to do is to float on my back in the pool and look up. All you see is sky surrounded by palm trees.:cloud9: A continental breakfast is also included in the cost of the room.

eduk8r26
02-26-2012, 10:11 PM
We stayed at the Radisson Lake Buena Vista last summer. It was a very nice hotel. Only drawback was no complimentary breakfast, but there was a Waffle House right there. I got a senior rate of $79.

disneykittin
02-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Westgate for me, Lakes have some great deals on at the moment.

What time in the morning does their shuttle leave for Disney there? Do you know? Thanks! :)

spiceycat
02-27-2012, 04:58 PM
What time in the morning does their shuttle leave for Disney there? Do you know? Thanks! :)

westgate does not have shuttles

here there website so you can see for yourself
http://www.wgvacationvillas.com/