PDA

View Full Version : DeLeon Springs State Park

bcrook
02-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Anybody visit this state park? I stumbled on to it today. It looks like it has a fun restaurant (Sugar Mill), swimming in a spring, and kayak rentals to explore the river.

Worth the hour drive? We will be staying on-site at WDW for 12 days, and can afford a couple days away from the Mouse.

JANNYANS
02-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Definitely worth the drive -the restaurant is great fun -you make your own pancakes at the tables.There is a boat trip you can take as well as the kayaks and the spring is great too.If you want there is a nature walk to follow.

bcrook
02-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Sounds awesome. Did you see alligators? I am looking forward to the visit now. I appreciate your response.

JANNYANS
02-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Yes I believe we did see alligators .If you want to see a good selection of wildlife thenI recoomend the CircleB bar reserve in Polk County .I have visited many nature parks over the years and I hav enever seen such a wdie range as I did here .It is in Lakeland south of WDW .

http://www.swfwmd.state.fl.us/recreation/areas/circlebbarreserve.html

sammielynn
02-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Been there a couple of times and loved it. The Resturant is great and the grounds lovely. I don't think it is an entire day adventure but we didn't rent boats or take a tour. We did see a gator, very small on but a gator none the less.

Kay1
02-21-2012, 09:46 AM
My husband is from Deland and a couple of times we've gone there while visiting family. Yes, the restaurant is good and fun, but I could swear we rented a paddleboat and just paddled around a small gator-filled body of water.

Well, have a great time.

:)