PDA

View Full Version : Hotel - Resort suggestions

angeleigh
02-19-2012, 07:37 PM
We just booked plane tickets for July 3 -July 10. We are considering staying offsite but with so many options we are having a difficult time making a decision. :confused3 Our travel party consists of myself, my 7 yo ds, 13, 16,19 dds. We have been to Disney several times and have always stayed on property. Any suggestions and advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MattM
02-22-2012, 07:03 PM
What kind of price range are you looking for?

bankr63
02-23-2012, 11:21 AM
With 5 for a week I wouldn't even consider a hotel; even with 2 rooms/family suite. That is a good spread of ages, and I would assume interests.

I would suggest you start by looking at a 2-3 BR villa at one of the larger resorts (Wyndham/Hilton/Sheraton) or a rental vacation condo in an area like Windsor Hills. Note, I would recommend a car for all offsite options though, shuttle service to most resorts is regularly panned.

Also, consider trying to rent points from a DVC member and getting a large 2BR villa on site. With a couple of older teens, you could really take advantage of the transportation if they are responsible enough to venture forth on their own. More expensive than off-site, but you won't have to play Mom's taxi the whole time.

As per PP, if you have a budget in mind, we might make some more specific suggestions. But dig into some of the threads here and you will soon get a feel for the pros and cons of each option.

spiceycat
02-23-2012, 12:42 PM
you definitely need a car for offsite.

the shuttles (if it even has one) generally shares with other hotels/resorts.

for onsite if you want a 2-bedroom condo would suggest OKW, SSR or AKV (Jambo house - value) - those are the least expensive moneywise.

that say - if you can get FD would just stay at Pop century in 2 rooms - much cheaper than any DVC property normally.

for offsite you can see these
houses/condo
http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/florida/central-disney-orlando

kissimmee, lake buena vista, clermont, davenport and the southern part of Orlando - are closest to Disney. try to stay close to I4.

angeleigh
02-25-2012, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the replies. We have decided to stay on property again. Our travel party is now 4. Oldest dd can only get one week off work so she has decided to go to the beach. She says she is "over" the parks. We booked POR but that may change.

Johnnylaw
02-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Me and my family of.six stayed at westgate resorts vacation villas, for a week. Was very nice let me know if you need info