PDA

View Full Version : Royal Plaza or Caribe Royal?

Casseygirl
02-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Please help me decide between the two. There is my husband, myself and our 5 year old son. We will only be in Disney for two days but room space and cleaniness is important plus a comfortable bed. Thanks

BearcatsFan
02-20-2012, 07:59 AM
When we stayed at Caribe Royale, we were underwhelmed. The bedsheets were dirty (ie: hairs :scared1: ), and the bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned at all. There were two lights in the room that didn't work. The in-room bevvy we ordered ahead of time (champagne) was there, but not in an ice bucket as promised - just sitting there on the dresser with two plastic-wrapped bathroom-type glasses (REALLY?!). The door had such a large gap underneath that we could hear people walking/talking in the hallways. They couldn't change our room because the hotel was sold out, and it took hours and multiple calls to get anyone up to clean the room/fix the lights.

We ordered room service ... the food we waited over an hour for came up cold and basically inedible. :headache:

When we wanted to check out after one night (we had booked a 3-night package), the manager was rude and unsympathetic to the problems we had experienced ... then went on to charge us the full room rate for the one night instead of the discounted rate we would have received with the 3 night package. I guess that's their choice/policy, but considering everything that was wrong, you'd think they'd have done something for us. Nope, nothing - not even an "I'm sorry." For the price we paid, we could have stayed somewhere much better.

I have no experience with the other hotel, but I would not and do not recommend staying at Caribe.

HTH