PDA

View Full Version : LegoLand

mjf
02-19-2012, 05:04 PM
( i wasn't sure where to post this... hope its ok here)

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences at the new Legoland that they wanted to share. We purchased tickets on a promo a few months back (1 child free with 1 adult). We will be going during the week of March12.

Is there a better day of the week to go than others? I was thinking of going on a Monday or Tuesday. Are there certain rides you should go to first due to long lines? Can you do everything in one day?

Anything you can share would be great!

thanks,

Metro West
02-19-2012, 05:09 PM
This doesn't really on the Universal board since it's not related to Universal...problem is...there is no Legoland board.

I'm going to move this to the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board...you will probably have more responses.

MattM
02-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Legoland is a great little park, and really is an easy drive from Orlando. Legoland is often closed on Tuesday and Wednesday but it appears they are open both days the week of March 12 that you will be in Florida.

There are a lot of rides there, so lines don't tend to stack up like they do at Disney, so that's a plus. (Except for the two weeks of Christmas and New Year's when they actually had to shut down the park due to it being at capacity). Be sure to see Mini Land, it is very detailed and really neat. Also, the ski show is very unique to Legoland, and has been around ever since the park was Cypress Gardens, albeit a different show now. The Island in the Sky is also a neat experience, giving you a rotating view of the park, Legoland, and Central Florida (on a clear day you can see the Marriott World Resort at the top) You can do a lot in one day.

If you have time, stop in a local store or restaurant in Winter Haven. A lot of visitors are coming to Legoland and leaving when it closes. The local business owners would love if you would stop by!

Hope this is helpful, let me know if you have any questions!

mjf
02-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I noticed when looking at the park attractions that there were indeed a LOT of them. We spent some time on youtube last night watching legoland videos hoping that will help narrow things down.

SapphireMarie
02-21-2012, 10:37 AM
We are planning to visit LegoLand too. I think a few of my kids are more excited about it than Disney, lol. :rotfl:

It looks like a fun little park! :thumbsup2

KayR
02-22-2012, 10:16 AM
A lot of the rides are slow loading, so I would get there for park opening and plan your rides accordingly.

Rides are generally geared for the younger crowd. I was afraid my roller coaster loving DS at 11 would be bored. He wasn't but we were there on a very quiet day (preview day) and had very little wait.

Ski show. Definitely unique and worth seeing - you have got to admire the skill of the skiers. Lego men on water, that's all I will say.

Food was nice. Standard park fare (but not every restaurant was open when we were there).

It took us about 40 minutes from Emerald Island Resort to get there. A bit longer than I was expecting, but there was roadworks on the way so perhaps it is a little faster now.

Have fun!

-Kay