PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used VACATION STRATEGY to book Bonnet Creek?

adoptivemomx2
02-19-2012, 11:58 AM
We're thinking about booking a condo at Wyndham Bonnet Creek through Vacation Strategy. Does anyone have any experience with them? We've never heard of them and want to make sure it's safe to book with them. Thanks! :)

RvingDude
02-19-2012, 12:11 PM
We're thinking about booking a condo at Wyndham Bonnet Creek through Vacation Strategy. Does anyone have any experience with them? We've never heard of them and want to make sure it's safe to book with them. Thanks! :)

My trip is next month, but so far I have been very pleased with Vacation Strategy. I researched posts and online and everything came back positive. Humaira has been great to work with and called me yesterday and upgraded my 2 bedroom deluxe room to a 2 bedroom presidential suite because of a slight inconvenience with our 9 night stay. Can't beat that! :thumbsup2

Momma2PrinceNPrinces
02-19-2012, 04:37 PM
I have not rented with them, but did get a quote from them. We won't be staying there because of cost though :sad2:

blessedby3
02-19-2012, 08:07 PM
I booked with them for our Oct 2012 trip. They gave us a great rate and I put down the $150 deposit and am hoping everything goes well. I also checked other posts and asked disers beforehand.

alicia080979
02-19-2012, 08:12 PM
We just booked our trip with them yesterday and put down our deposit bc they were the best price I found. We don't travel until late April. I found them on VRBO and have had great communication with them so far. I also read just about every review I could find before I did so but it seems as though they are a relatively new company which could explain not having a ton of reviews out there yet.

adoptivemomx2
02-19-2012, 10:55 PM
OP here...I've done some more research and I found this page on the VRBO website:

http://www.vrbo.com/361291

It shows seventeen 5-star reviews for Humaira...all very positive. That makes me feel much better. Also, there are no complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau.

But most importantly, she have been responding to my emails wihin an hour or two. Including today, and today is Sunday.

She is so much less than any other quote we've gotten...I do believe we will book with her. When we get back from our trip in October, I will give a full report because this board needs a full review of Vacation Strategies!

gator2002
02-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Did you requested for a 2-bedroom deluxe or a 1-bedroom one?We planned to go in later April or early May. I contacted with them, but the quote they sent to me was only slightly lower than other quotes. I was surprised because on this board it was said they offered much better rates than the others. Would you mind share your quote via the direct message? Thanks.

We just booked our trip with them yesterday and put down our deposit bc they were the best price I found. We don't travel until late April. I found them on VRBO and have had great communication with them so far. I also read just about every review I could find before I did so but it seems as though they are a relatively new company which could explain not having a ton of reviews out there yet.

blessedby3
02-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Did you requested for a 2-bedroom deluxe or a 1-bedroom one?We planned to go in later April or early May. I contacted with them, but the quote they sent to me was only slightly lower than other quotes. I was surprised because on this board it was said they offered much better rates than the others. Would you mind share your quote via the direct message? Thanks.

I had a big price difference between VS and VU. Vacation Upgrade quoted me $180/night for a 2BR and Vacation Stratgedy quoted me $119/night. HUGE difference. I think it is because VS quotes the "less than 60 day" price, whereas VU will reduce the price if there is availability within 60 days. Im thinking I read something like that somewhere.

adoptivemomx2
02-20-2012, 10:10 AM
I PMed you Gator2002 :)

gator2002
02-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Thanks. Yes, I also read the similar info in the long WBC thread that explained why VS always quote a better rate.
I had a big price difference between VS and VU. Vacation Upgrade quoted me $180/night for a 2BR and Vacation Stratgedy quoted me $119/night. HUGE difference. I think it is because VS quotes the "less than 60 day" price, whereas VU will reduce the price if there is availability within 60 days. Im thinking I read something like that somewhere.

gator2002
02-21-2012, 01:34 AM
Thank you very much. I tried to PM you. But because I am new here and don't have more than 10 posts yet, I am not allowed to send you PM. I will reply to you via PM as soon as I am eligible to do so.
I PMed you Gator2002 :)

my3kids143
02-28-2012, 03:29 PM
I just booked with Humaira for our second Disney trip this coming May. She definitely has the best rates. I was able to get 2 weeks for $1,100 in a 2BR.
We stayed at Bonnet Creek in June 2010 and the family loved it!

Disney Addicted
02-28-2012, 09:37 PM
I thought the rates are good myself. I was quoted $1,366 for a 2 bedroom deluxe for 14 nights by VS.

Another place quoted $3,308.00. Yeah, right. :lmao:

I also received quotes of $1,195 and $1,666 and $1,375 from 3 other places.

4 of the 5 places were recommended on DIS. Can you guess which one wasn't? ;)

gator2002
03-01-2012, 12:42 PM
WOW, that is a GREAT rate. When will you guys go?
I just booked with Humaira for our second Disney trip this coming May. She definitely has the best rates. I was able to get 2 weeks for $1,100 in a 2BR.
We stayed at Bonnet Creek in June 2010 and the family loved it!

mousegear
03-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I also booked with VS. They were the lowest comparing with Paul and Ken.
Humaira also has been very good at getting back to me. I'm hoping that this transactions goes smoothly so I could rely on her for future vacations. :thumbsup2

my3kids143
03-02-2012, 08:24 PM
WOW, that is a GREAT rate. When will you guys go?

We will be there from May 4 - May 18 :)

gator2002
03-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Another WOW. I got a quote of $529 for 1 bedroom of 7 nights from 5/5-5/12. Compared my rate with yours, it seems 2 bedroom costs almost the same as a 1 bedroom. Girl, you found such a good deal.:thumbsup2
We will be there from May 4 - May 18 :)

wdwmom0f3
03-03-2012, 12:48 AM
I booked today with VS and I pray that things work out. They only had 5 of my seven nights needed for a two bedroom. I may call her tomorrow and check the rate for a three bedroom to see if that will be open all week.

She was very sweet though.:goodvibes I feel like she will do what ever she can to help us find something.

my3kids143
03-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Another WOW. I got a quote of $529 for 1 bedroom of 7 nights from 5/5-5/12. Compared my rate with yours, it seems 2 bedroom costs almost the same as a 1 bedroom. Girl, you found such a good deal.:thumbsup2

Thanks, Gator2002!
I was quite surprised myself!
We were considering a split stay onsite this visit but once I got the quote from Disney for 6 days at Disney with free dining at just under $3,000 I didn't even hesitate. Back in June 2010 I purchased a week long stay at Bonnet Creek off eBay for $800 and I thought that was good. Thanks to this board I will book from Humaira from now on. It literally works out to about $80 per night!

yella12
03-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Can you share her contact info? I'd love to book through her for our upcoming trip!

my3kids143
03-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Can you share her contact info? I'd love to book through her for our upcoming trip!

You can contact her for a quote at www.vacationstrategy.com

adoptivemomx2
03-03-2012, 08:12 PM
What dates were you looking for and what size condo?

I booked today with VS and I pray that things work out. They only had 5 of my seven nights needed for a two bedroom. I may call her tomorrow and check the rate for a three bedroom to see if that will be open all week.

She was very sweet though.:goodvibes I feel like she will do what ever she can to help us find something.

RvingDude
03-04-2012, 03:12 AM
I am less than 30 days out from my visit. I heard from Humaira two weeks ago and she said I would be receiving a letter (email) from Bonnet Creek for final payment and confirmation, but nothing yet from Wyndham. Anyone know when that letter (email) generally is sent?

klfrech
03-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Just got a quote of $715 total for a 2br beginning 6/27 for 4 nights.

A 1br through Wyndham Extra Holidays was $960.

Guess who I'll be booking through?

lizzygreen
03-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I am less than 30 days out from my visit. I heard from Humaira two weeks ago and she said I would be receiving a letter (email) from Bonnet Creek for final payment and confirmation, but nothing yet from Wyndham. Anyone know when that letter (email) generally is sent?

Call her to check in and see what is going on. She's very responsive. I did have one occasion where one of my emails to her got sent to an archive folder or something. When I didn't hear from her after 2 days, I called her. She was very appologetic and answered my question.

adoptivemomx2
03-04-2012, 07:08 PM
I just paid my deposit to VS for our 9-night trip in September! :cool1:

I'm very excited...Out tickets are paid for, our condo is almost paid for, and trip insurance has been bought and paid for! Our trip to Disney is becoming real!

I'll keep y'all posted about how it goes with VS...

SantiagoCrewLeader
03-04-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm subscribing....booked with them last week...but am interested to see if anyone has completed a stay with them...can't seem to find any post on the boards of anyone who has booked...gone...and returned...

klfrech
03-04-2012, 08:12 PM
If you go to post #6 on the previous page, there is a link that will take you to vrbo.com. You will see some reviews of VS there. That's what sold me.

RvingDude
03-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Call her to check in and see what is going on. She's very responsive. I did have one occasion where one of my emails to her got sent to an archive folder or something. When I didn't hear from her after 2 days, I called her. She was very appologetic and answered my question.

Hmmm...have sent 2 emails since Sunday and called this morning.
Hopefully I will hear back from her later today? Getting antsy.

arigatou
03-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Humaira also been very good, back to me. I hope the deal goes well, so I can rely on her future vacation.

puffkin
03-19-2012, 08:28 AM
I just booked with them last week for Easter Break 2013 for a 2 bedroom since DVC points are outrageous that week. She was very responsive and seemed very nice when I spoke to her on the phone. I decided to go with them from the positive reviews on VRBO. Being such a prime week to go, I thought the price she quoted me was fantastic. I have a long wait until that trip but so far everything has gone very smoothly and Humaira was very quick to respond and very sweet.

erineab
03-19-2012, 06:38 PM
I just booked with them last week for Easter Break 2013 for a 2 bedroom since DVC points are outrageous that week. She was very responsive and seemed very nice when I spoke to her on the phone. I decided to go with them from the positive reviews on VRBO. Being such a prime week to go, I thought the price she quoted me was fantastic. I have a long wait until that trip but so far everything has gone very smoothly and Humaira was very quick to respond and very sweet.

I don't mean to be nosy, but I am also considering booking through vacation strategy for next spring break. Do you mind sharing the sharing the quote you received?

luvsvacations
03-20-2012, 08:04 AM
I was wondering, I received a quote from VS for $1750 for a 3 bedroom for the end of August. Now I need a place for 9 nights - do you think the price on this will drop. I have not booked yet as I think for the end of Aug that is to expensive.
Thanks

blessedby3
03-20-2012, 08:15 AM
I was wondering, I received a quote from VS for $1750 for a 3 bedroom for the end of August. Now I need a place for 9 nights - do you think the price on this will drop. I have not booked yet as I think for the end of Aug that is to expensive.
Thanks

When I got my quote for a 3BR from VS in October, it was $180 per night. Im not sure how many nights you have quoted for you. We went with a 2BR for $119 per night

puffkin
03-20-2012, 10:13 AM
I don't mean to be nosy, but I am also considering booking through vacation strategy for next spring break. Do you mind sharing the sharing the quote you received?

No problem.
2 bedroom Deluxe 3/23-3/30, 2013 (7 nights) for $1099. $300 deposit to hold the reservation.

brucerob62
03-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks

i would think price would drop a bit..We were there in NOVember before thanksgiving and only paid $80 a nite for 2 bd...awesome price..plan on going next MArch again

wdwmom0f3
03-20-2012, 06:02 PM
What dates were you looking for and what size condo?

Sorry, I just saw this. I am needing a two bedroom, but I would book a three if she had it. She had a two bed room for the 17, 18 &19 th but nothing for the 20th and 21st. We check back in for the 22nd and 23rd. I have us booked for those two nights at the Grand Hotel right there at BC.

I checked with Ken too and he was also booked for the whole week. I guess because it's a holiday.

She did say that if something came up she would get it for us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

RvingDude
03-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Hmmm...have sent 2 emails since Sunday and called this morning.
Hopefully I will hear back from her later today? Getting antsy.

Sorry I didn't get back to this earlier, but the post went in another direction. Yes I did hear back and everything seems to be good to go. I will arrive at BC next Wednesday and will try to post how it went.

rdonald711
04-01-2012, 09:53 AM
We booked our July trip through them in Jan, paid the deposit and spoke with them several times, we are waiting for our confirmation from Bonnet Creek! I won't feel right until that comes, but so far they have been on point by making themselves available. We used to own at Bonnet Creek but it wasnt feasible for us but I LOVE the resort and with 10 of us going it's the best place to stay since we have way too many for onsite this year...I really wanted to stay at the new resort even booked, but the family suite still wasnt big enough for us!

SantiagoCrewLeader
04-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Hoping nayone who has completed their travels with VS could stop by here and let us know how it went!

JayhawkFans
04-21-2012, 10:19 PM
I am ready to book thru VS but would love to hear from somebody who has completed travel. Their rates are outstanding .. but I'm always worried when it sounds too good to be true ...

Also curious about checking in at midnite. When I spoke to someone with VS today he mentioned we would need to contact the resort directly on our day of arrival to mention our late time of arrival. He has had reservations get cancelled before when people didn't check in before midnite. That would truly be a nightmare.

skateshome
04-21-2012, 10:48 PM
I am ready to book thru VS but would love to hear from somebody who has completed travel. Their rates are outstanding .. but I'm always worried when it sounds too good to be true ...

Just got back (literally) 4 hrs ago.
It sounds to good to be true......BUT it isn't.
It is true and it was FANTASTIC!!!

Zero problems and with the pay direct online with their website was actually a little easier than some of the Ebay folks.

These folks are legit and I doubt I will ever use anyone else again. Prices can't be beat and the resort is top notch.

I'm tired. :lol

saysay
04-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Our trip is coming up and when I called the resort 2 weeks out to confirm our reservation was in the system and make view request, we were in there. VS has been very friendly and easy to contact and deal with as well. We have stayed at WBC 3 times through another owner, so knowing our reservation is in the resort's system, I know we are good to go! Can't wait.

VS has some great prices!

KDsmommy
04-22-2012, 08:41 PM
I booked through VS and we are here now. Everything has been perfect!

shell8558
04-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Good to know- we will be leaving in 31 days!! So far, everything has been flawless with VS. Can't wait to get to Disney!